Unregistered
08-23-2017, 10:21 AM
So who's going to be our new chief?

Unregistered
08-24-2017, 11:03 PM
Sheriff Scott Israel

Unregistered
08-30-2017, 08:39 AM
I can only hope and pray that we go BSO.

Unregistered
08-30-2017, 08:47 PM
Would merging with BSO guarantee employment?

Unregistered
08-31-2017, 02:36 PM
And how about civilian personnel ?

Unregistered
08-31-2017, 03:15 PM
if taub and lazarow support us as so many of u have said then why are we under threat of getting our benefits cut ??

Unregistered
08-31-2017, 07:44 PM
Yeah there are people on here saying we need to go to BSO but why hasn't the PBA reps held a meeting to find out exactly what percentage of us are actually interested and what exactly has been said in their meetings with the CM and commissioners? And also address all the rumors floating around.

Unregistered
09-01-2017, 04:49 PM
The PBA hasn't addressed it because it is the absolute last thing they want. Correct me if I am wrong, but if we go BSO, we become members of IUPA, which only further benefits us. The PBA 100% does not want to lose our membership as they are on the verge of collapse. Pines has already voted to switch unions, dropping the PBA. They have us, Miramar, and Lighthouse point remaining (and maybe another small agency). I believe the majority of our membership agrees that in the past few years, our PBA has done absolutely nothing when we needed them most. Aside from siding with Admin time and time again instead of fighting for the dues paying members they are supposed to represent, what exactly have they done? We have a GO that, as it is worded, is a clear violation of Stand Your Ground. The PBA's response? They send a letter. Nothing changes and what do they do? Leave it be. An officer goes in to give a statement and he is told to take the hit, "we will get you your job back"... I think not. I don't know how much greener the grass is, but I can tell you from speaking with multiple deputies that they all rave about IUPA. Maybe we are too small of an agency to join IUPA but there is always FOP. Regardless, we all know how unpredictable our job is when we go 10-8....based on the PBA's actions or lack of action to stand by and fight for us these past few years is a clear indication that we as a collective need to band together, vote, and join either the FOP or IUPA. Contract negotiations are coming up, our city is going to hold our feet to the fire and take what they can in an effort to save money, and we need a strong union backing going into this fight. Most other major agencies have left the PBA for a reason, and it is high time we do the same. This is not some paranoid overthrow of government or some nonsense. Each of us pays dues for a reason and, as of late, our dues are going to an organization that cannot and will not due its job adequately when you need it the most. They can promise us the world, but on paper, that's all that we have gotten from them. Perhaps there was a time indeed when the PBA fought tooth and nail for its membership, but that quality of representation has all but faded. Keep an ear out. Other union bodies will be here to offer us their services sooner than later. Stay safe.

Unregistered
09-03-2017, 12:10 PM
We have two different factors when dealing with the PBA. The Broward PBA is not on our side, period. I agree with the privious post 100% that they do not have our best interest in mind.

The dept PBA reps are all vested. I don't know what their intentions are or what they can really do at this point. Prior Reps put these commissioners in office...we have to own that. What power do the Reps have now to change any of this other than say the majority do not want to go to BSO or DO want BSO?

Unregistered
09-04-2017, 01:30 AM
Would merging with BSO guarantee employment?

Absolutely, it'll be just like when we took over Cooper City. Swap out those blues for greens.

Unregistered
09-05-2017, 12:24 AM
I can only hope and pray that we go BSO.

Why? Do you know anybody there? Have you spoken to anybody there? Be careful what you wish for.

Unregistered
09-09-2017, 05:14 PM
I do know people at BSO in fact I know a few high ranking officials and Deputies. The merge with BSO would be a lot better than what we have now, and that's been proven over and over. The City does not want us because we are the anchor around their neck when it comes to their budget. If the people of Hallandale Beach knew what was truly going on with "THEIR" police department they would get rid of all the monkeys on the commission including that half witted as whole CM we have. What a scam the commission pulled to get that guy in. He knows his shit but has no care about is. **** Hallandale. Lets go BSO.

PS If anyone from BSO sees this please inform the Sheriff we are slowly being slaughtered, we need this now.

Unregistered
09-19-2017, 11:59 AM
We need to go BSO asap. Before long, we'll be wearing pink uniforms and making more music videos on the hbpd Facebook page. Please expedite the negotiations CM.

Unregistered
09-23-2017, 09:50 AM
As a police officer in Hallandale Beach I want cautiously want to thank you for openly saying that you've been lied to, and you're no longer drinking the kool aid. It took a little while but at least now you know. However my caution comes from the fact that you're still a politician. We realize you want to do good in our eyes and we thank you for it, but to be brutally honest 90% of this police department does not care anymore, it is a day late and a dollar short. There's nothing you or the Mayor can do because it will be 2 against 2 and were not waiting anymore we want out, so just let us ago. We can't afford to work here anymore. I wish you came around a few years ago. BTW, don't trust anything that comes out of Jeff Marano's mouth. He'll tell you what you want to hear, only because he doesn't want to loose another 90 dues paying members. To be very honest I think he's nothing more than a lobbyist who is out to fatten his own pockets at OUR expense. Thank you again for your efforts just let us separate from this with as much dignity as possible.
P.S.....
Let the City of Choice know, now it's OUR Choice.

Unregistered
09-25-2017, 01:58 PM
As a police officer in Hallandale Beach I want cautiously want to thank you for openly saying that you've been lied to, and you're no longer drinking the kool aid. It took a little while but at least now you know. However my caution comes from the fact that you're still a politician. We realize you want to do good in our eyes and we thank you for it, but to be brutally honest 90% of this police department does not care anymore, it is a day late and a dollar short. There's nothing you or the Mayor can do because it will be 2 against 2 and were not waiting anymore we want out, so just let us ago. We can't afford to work here anymore. I wish you came around a few years ago. BTW, don't trust anything that comes out of Jeff Marano's mouth. He'll tell you what you want to hear, only because he doesn't want to loose another 90 dues paying members. To be very honest I think he's nothing more than a lobbyist who is out to fatten his own pockets at OUR expense. Thank you again for your efforts just let us separate from this with as much dignity as possible.
P.S.....
Let the City of Choice know, now it's OUR Choice.

While I 100% agree with you on the PBA. Please do not attempt to sway anyone with made up numbers. Please make sure you differentiate between not caring and wanting to leave this department because having talked to ALOT of people there is no way 90% that want to leave. And how did you come up with that number? Going around and stating that says you have taken some sort of poll. We are beaten down as a group from the last chief and optimistically hoping that the new one can bring some form of change to this place. It’s not going to be perfect but it has to be better. I am no way think that going to BSO would be any serious difference between what we have now and what it could be. I for one have not been asked anything by our union outside of conversation, so if you have not asked every single member if they do or do not want to go to BSO please stop feeding into the commission craziness. This is part of the problem. If I am not mistaken one of the reasons we are in this mess is that a partial vote was taken about looking into a bid from BSO. Not a vote to go over. And the information has changed so many times about what would happen no one knows if everyone transfers over or not we are not FD in makes no sense that if someone say failed the polygraph during the hiring process with BSO they would easily take them now. Think about it it opens them up to an insane amount of liability. Please don’t give me that “I heard from someone who knows someone who makes cupcakes with the Sheriff”. We have zero true information, just a bunch of rumors.

Here is the only truth I do know our CM and half of the commission are proven liars again and again, everyone knows that to be fact. They are pulling the strings and making this happen and we are going along willingly? I can’t comprehend this at all. Commissioner Taub if your reading this a small loud majority does not speak for all and it would be a disservice if all 145 employee, because they are effected as much as you or I, did not have a vote on this issue prior to the commission deciding our fate for us.

Unregistered
09-26-2017, 05:00 PM
You are spreading as much rumor as the person you disagreed with. Go ask Pompano, Cooper City, Deerfield, Parkland...... and all the other merger cities what happened when they came over. The Broward Sheriff's Office did not make a single one of those employees complete an application or take another physiological test. If you are good enough to be a cop in Hallandale, you are good enough to be a Deputy. Only Palm Beach County has made people complete an application during a take over. If that is not comforting enough for you, just ask the original Lauderdale by the Sea cops what happened to them. Absolutely nothing and half of them had been fired from BSO and were just merged right back in. Nobody will lose their job by coming over to BSO.

Unregistered
09-26-2017, 05:04 PM
The only people who do not want this merger to happen are Jeff Marano and the PBA reps in Hallandale. After the merger, Marano will look like an even bigger fool for losing another agency and 100 member and the reps who will no longer be on the take. We merge, no longer pay for our pension, then retire as soon as we can and switch over to the FRS. We no longer have to pay thousands of dollars in healthcare before benefits kick in, get countywide jurisdiction, eligible to work all the details the Sheriff's Office has at a higher rate than ours........ This is a no brainer !!!!!

Dear
09-29-2017, 02:38 PM
Could you please stop your delusional and shallow thinking. There is nothing left for us here. Your problem, or anyone else's problem about going BSO is that you'll have to start working for a living. There are very few issues that will pertain to a very minute amount of officers. Yes some will have to wait till they're 60 to collect FRS. However these employees will already have employment when they reach their late 40's so they won't have to start looking for a job after they've done 20 years if they had stayed in Hallandale. There are so many positives and very few negatives. If we had to stay with the City of Hallandale taking care of our benefits, pensions and contractual issue's there will be a continued fight with uncertainty of what will they take next. The DROP is gone, PENSION will be even more ratified, simple pleasures such as uniform allowances, tuition reimbursement, and the occasional new car will be gone. And if you think the medical insurance will get any better, then you're out of touch with reality.

QUOTE=Unregistered;2812858]While I 100% agree with you on the PBA. Please do not attempt to sway anyone with made up numbers. Please make sure you differentiate between not caring and wanting to leave this department because having talked to ALOT of people there is no way 90% that want to leave. And how did you come up with that number? Going around and stating that says you have taken some sort of poll. We are beaten down as a group from the last chief and optimistically hoping that the new one can bring some form of change to this place. It’s not going to be perfect but it has to be better. I am no way think that going to BSO would be any serious difference between what we have now and what it could be. I for one have not been asked anything by our union outside of conversation, so if you have not asked every single member if they do or do not want to go to BSO please stop feeding into the commission craziness. This is part of the problem. If I am not mistaken one of the reasons we are in this mess is that a partial vote was taken about looking into a bid from BSO. Not a vote to go over. And the information has changed so many times about what would happen no one knows if everyone transfers over or not we are not FD in makes no sense that if someone say failed the polygraph during the hiring process with BSO they would easily take them now. Think about it it opens them up to an insane amount of liability. Please don’t give me that “I heard from someone who knows someone who makes cupcakes with the Sheriff”. We have zero true information, just a bunch of rumors.

Here is the only truth I do know our CM and half of the commission are proven liars again and again, everyone knows that to be fact. They are pulling the strings and making this happen and we are going along willingly? I can’t comprehend this at all. Commissioner Taub if your reading this a small loud majority does not speak for all and it would be a disservice if all 145 employee, because they are effected as much as you or I, did not have a vote on this issue prior to the commission deciding our fate for us.[/QUOTE]

Unregistered
10-06-2017, 12:13 AM
...and I still want to go BSO

Unregistered
10-06-2017, 05:23 PM
What do think now that everyone has been promoted and demoted and reassigned, so do think it was done for the betterment of rank and file, and agency or the administration? I agree and glad DF is gone. But look at the administration as it stands now. This is a perfect example of why this agency needed an outside chief. But then remember if the CM's original choices hadn't backed out S.Q. would never have been even considered chief. Anyway as some of you cheer and gloat over you new positions I pray it's short lived. Yes, it's a brand new day and a previous individual stated, " I too, are hoping for BSO."
We know Mayor Cooper doesn't want BSO, along with Commissioner Taub because she feels that she has failed them. And Lazarow, London, and Carlton want to see the PD go for monetary reasons. I have only one concluding thought; Anabelle, and Joy please let us go.

Unregistered
10-07-2017, 05:21 AM
Members please dont give up the fight. We deserve what bso has to offer. Sheriff please save whats left of our dignity. Commissioner taub let us go.

Unregistered
11-18-2017, 08:39 PM
Members please dont give up the fight. We deserve what bso has to offer. Sheriff please save whats left of our dignity. Commissioner taub let us go.

ask commish taub why she trashes white people on FB by refering to her boyfriends opponent in dade county pba as 'good ole boys" ?

Unregistered
11-21-2017, 05:05 AM
ask commish taub why she trashes white people on FB by refering to her boyfriends opponent in dade county pba as 'good ole boys" ?

Shes given her number out numerous times why dont you pick up the phone or better yet ask some of your boys who already have her on speed dial and ask her yourself

Unregistered
05-03-2018, 09:19 PM
What a bunch of whiney middle school girls you boys all are.

Unregistered
05-24-2018, 12:41 AM
Another change is coming. Qless keeps it coming. No one is safe.

Unregistered
05-24-2018, 05:29 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen. What you are witnessing is the greatest calamity of all time. Qless people making Qless decisions. And wait til the mass exodus begins because of the poor leadership. Unfortunately for us, SQ is a deer in the headlights. Always has been.

Unregistered
05-26-2018, 04:43 PM
What’s the change ?

Unregistered
05-27-2018, 02:10 AM
They won’t do it now after realizing what a cluster*•!* they were getting ready to start.

Unregistered
05-28-2018, 03:44 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen. What you are witnessing is the greatest calamity of all time. Qless people making Qless decisions. And wait til the mass exodus begins because of the poor leadership. Unfortunately for us, SQ is a deer in the headlights. Always has been.

If anyone leaves it is because of the loss of our benefits that might happen. Her leadership has nothing to do with people leaving. Every administration you guys say the same crap. "This is the worst" you guys crapped on McGill (may he rest in peace) then Kirchoff, Dwayne and now her. It is always the same BS. I am not her advocate but she genuinely cares for everyone under her command. I do not agree with everything she does but she is on our side. All she can do is tell the CM the consequences that will follow if they annihilate our benefits. The majority of her CS will directly be hurting like the rest of us. Young officers will leave and it will become a training ground of a department. How can you guys say she wants that? It just does not make sense.

Unregistered
05-30-2018, 07:25 AM
Until Qlueless Stands up to Roger Rabbit, ponytail. I don’t believe she cares about people here. She cares about herself. Violates city policies and takes advantage of the less informed.

Unregistered
05-30-2018, 10:44 AM
Plain and simple. It’s all about survival. She must sacrifice whatever gets in the way of saving her hide.

Unregistered
05-30-2018, 11:11 AM
She was Roger’s third or fourth choice because others saw what they would have to deal with and passed. She’ll do whatever it takes to be Chief tomorrow. That is her commitment to Roger for the opportunity and if it means screwing us over so be it.

Unregistered
06-01-2018, 02:47 PM
Serna she will give him up. To save her ass.

Unregistered
06-01-2018, 03:30 PM
Her but is on the line now. Unfortunately for some, she is going to burn people to save herself. Roger will not have it any other way. These people don’t care about people. They only care about themselves. All a fraud for everyone to see.