PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Omelia - Rumor

Unregistered
07-10-2017, 11:10 PM
I just heard a rumor about Patrick Omelia. Is it true that he played with his taser in a McDonalds, had it discharged and lied about it? I checked Volusia Exposed and did not see any IA action. There is no way something like this could be swept under the carpet (if it is true)....is there?

Unregistered
07-11-2017, 01:21 AM
I just heard a rumor about Patrick Omelia. Is it true that he played with his taser in a McDonalds, had it discharged and lied about it? I checked Volusia Exposed and did not see any IA action. There is no way something like this could be swept under the carpet (if it is true)....is there?

So why not grow a set of balls and go do a public records request on his IA instead of coming here for "RUMORS "

Unregistered
08-05-2017, 07:52 PM
Thank goodness for Volusia Exposed. I just finished reading the IA on Roy Galarza. Now I will admit I am kind of indifferent about Galarza. He should have been fired when he had sex on duty 50 times. And it appears there is not a female around that he has hit on, is hitting on or will hit on.

But reading that IA Omelia did Galarza wrong. Omelia has had his issues (with the Taser and the gas pump) but to not have any loyalty to another deputy (or detective) is just wrong. It is no wonder the VCSO is having the mass exodus of deputies with issues with leadership and actions of deputies like Omelia.

The northwest part of Volusia County is where train wrecks happen (both literally and figuratively). It is why Omelia is up there. If you have interaction with him you better watch your six or you will be in an IA with him.

Unregistered
08-21-2017, 11:09 PM
Omelia did fire off his taser while waiting for food at McDonalds. I've seen the video. There is no IA because it was handled with a supervisor inquiry. Allegedly, he wrote a report that was later contradicted by surveillance video. He was then given an opportunity to "correct" the report by his LT.

Unregistered
08-22-2017, 01:20 AM
Omelia did fire off his taser while waiting for food at McDonalds. I've seen the video. There is no IA because it was handled with a supervisor inquiry. Allegedly, he wrote a report that was later contradicted by surveillance video. He was then given an opportunity to "correct" the report by his LT.
Perfect. So you have improper handling of a weapon. Veracity issues. And no IA. Imagine if there was no video surveillance. As was mentioned earlier....watch your back around Omelia. You will get in trouble.