PDA

View Full Version : Hiring?

Unregistered
05-09-2017, 08:57 PM
I'm currently looking for a smaller department to join bringing years of experience with me from south Florida. I was curious if anyone could provide pros/cons on the department and the hiring process if you're currently accepting applications. I think my experience would be more appreciated at a smaller department. Any information would be great!
Thanks and stay safe.

Unregistered
05-09-2017, 10:22 PM
I'm currently looking for a smaller department to join bringing years of experience with me from south Florida. I was curious if anyone could provide pros/cons on the department and the hiring process if you're currently accepting applications. I think my experience would be more appreciated at a smaller department. Any information would be great!
Thanks and stay safe.

Yes we are hiring. However, I would not recommend this agency due to the constant drama, and very low pay (less than a security guard). Just look at the command structure, it's chief then sgt and then all rookies with very little senior people. And all the rookies are all already applying somewhere else. Starting pay for bartow is $15 something and security guard at G4S starts at $17.

Unregistered
05-10-2017, 12:54 AM
Yes we are hiring. However, I would not recommend this agency due to the constant drama, and very low pay (less than a security guard). Just look at the command structure, it's chief then sgt and then all rookies with very little senior people. And all the rookies are all already applying somewhere else. Starting pay for bartow is $15 something and security guard at G4S starts at $17.

Tank you for your response.

Unregistered
07-03-2017, 02:36 AM
Can anyone tell me if the Chief trying to get salaries raised like every other city in the county.

Unregistered
07-06-2017, 02:25 PM
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Unregistered
07-06-2017, 07:28 PM
The chief has nothing to do with salary raises. It's between the union, city manager, and commission.
GL has a very short time left then hopefully we will see some movement in pay.

Unregistered
07-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Our union is worthless! When have they gotten us anything the general employees didn't get? Negotiations are a joke at best. Just going through the motions.

Unregistered
07-08-2017, 03:41 AM
Thank you for answering my question. I would like to work for a small agency but the money is to low. Does anyone on here know anything about Winter Haven, Haines City or Lake Whales because couldn't find a forum for these agencies. They seem to have descent starting salaries.

Unregistered
07-18-2017, 08:39 PM
You may want to try Auburndale Police Department as well. They currently have some positions available. I think the starting pay is around $39,000 with free health and dental.

Unregistered
07-21-2017, 12:08 AM
We have 9 openings

Unregistered
07-21-2017, 11:55 AM
9 openings? Is bartow doubling the size of the department?

Unregistered
07-23-2017, 09:36 PM
How do we have 9 openings?

Unregistered
07-24-2017, 10:57 PM
Cause everyone that can leave does! Or, those who can't get fired! The city manager, commission and chief have turned a blind eye.

Unregistered
08-18-2017, 05:42 AM
I am hoping an officer or someone with rank will respond to the following with honesty instead of sarcasm or the normal disgruntled flavor. Just genuine inquiries.

Does BPD have take home cars, if so what is the limits?
Is medical insurance for the officer paid for by the city?
Does BPD work the normal Panama shift? Meaning a short week and a long week, off every other weekend.
12 hours shifts?
Is it true that the vast majority of the road officers are all brand new or only a couple years experience?
From Oral Board, how long does the process take? Given the large number of openings I'd assume it's fairly quick.
Where would be a good area in the county to rent/buy if necessary? As I'm not from the area and would be relocating possibly.
Is the 2 year contract for new officers to BPD an actual thing?
Any truth that Polk County SO will be taking the city, or is this all just rumor mill?

Thank You and be safe

Unregistered
08-19-2017, 01:46 PM
I am hoping an officer or someone with rank will respond to the following with honesty instead of sarcasm or the normal disgruntled flavor. Just genuine inquiries.

Does BPD have take home cars, if so what is the limits?
Is medical insurance for the officer paid for by the city?
Does BPD work the normal Panama shift? Meaning a short week and a long week, off every other weekend.
12 hours shifts?
Is it true that the vast majority of the road officers are all brand new or only a couple years experience?
From Oral Board, how long does the process take? Given the large number of openings I'd assume it's fairly quick.
Where would be a good area in the county to rent/buy if necessary? As I'm not from the area and would be relocating possibly.
Is the 2 year contract for new officers to BPD an actual thing?
Any truth that Polk County SO will be taking the city, or is this all just rumor mill?

Thank You and be safe

Yes we have take home cars. As long as you live in polk you will be fine with the take home policy. We have several different ins programs. One is free which is the basic ins and pretty much the more ins you want, the more you pay. We work 12 hour shifts and yes it's the same as Panama. Yes most of the road officers are new but this is what your going to get with low pay at an agency. Yes no matter if your experienced or not you will have to sign a 2 year contract.

Reference where to live in polk, well you need to come and check the county out and see what you like.

And no on the polk county sheriff taking over. However, if they did it would mean a big raise to every officer at this agency.

If you want my honest advice, look at Lakeland or PCSO. It's batter all the around.

Unregistered
08-22-2017, 06:37 PM
yes we have take home cars. As long as you live in polk you will be fine with the take home policy. We have several different ins programs. One is free which is the basic ins and pretty much the more ins you want, the more you pay. We work 12 hour shifts and yes it's the same as panama. Yes most of the road officers are new but this is what your going to get with low pay at an agency. Yes no matter if your experienced or not you will have to sign a 2 year contract.

Reference where to live in polk, well you need to come and check the county out and see what you like.

And no on the polk county sheriff taking over. However, if they did it would mean a big raise to every officer at this agency.

If you want my honest advice, look at lakeland or pcso. It's batter all the around.

thank you, be safe

Unregistered
08-23-2017, 11:22 AM
I can't keep up.....how many openings to we have now? Please include the total amount including the ranked positions. Thanks

Unregistered
04-02-2018, 09:52 PM
can someone explain the hiring process from start to finish because I know every agency is different.

Unregistered
11-04-2018, 10:48 PM
I see Bartow PD has raised their starting salaries and I guess everyone received a pay raise? Can someone answer this question Has the moral in the department change?

Unregistered
04-25-2020, 06:47 PM
can someone explain the hiring process from start to finish because I know every agency is different.

Bumping up this post. How are things going now? Still hiring? What is the hiring process like?

Unregistered
04-29-2020, 04:43 PM
Bumping up this post. How are things going now? Still hiring? What is the hiring process like?

We have about 8 opening for police. The hiring process is like every other place.

Unregistered
04-29-2020, 09:56 PM
We have about 8 opening for police. The hiring process is like every other place.

Polygraph or CVSA?

Unregistered
04-30-2020, 12:40 AM
No polygraph. Just CVSA.

Unregistered
04-30-2020, 05:17 AM
8 openings on a 20-man force. (20 that are worth a damn anyway). Unless you bring baggage, stay away! But if you’ve had difficulty getting on elsewhere, we’ll take you.

Unregistered
05-20-2020, 04:06 PM
How many square miles is Bartow? I read one place said 11 and another said 56. 20 officers to cover 56 square miles doesn't seem like enough. LOL.

Also, does BPD have body cameras or in-car cameras? According to the FDLE agency survey, they do not, but I wanted to ask.

Unregistered
06-05-2020, 08:22 PM
8 openings on a 20-man force. (20 that are worth a damn anyway). Unless you bring baggage, stay away! But if you’ve had difficulty getting on elsewhere, we’ll take you.

There is 43 sworn 8 openings but 2 are the captain and chief 2 are cst 1 is DB get your facts right

Unregistered
06-06-2020, 08:26 PM
2 are captain? Since when did bartow have two captains? Sounds like you need to get your facts straight.

Unregistered
06-07-2020, 03:38 PM
2 are captain? Since when did bartow have two captains? Sounds like you need to get your facts straight.

Learn to read 2 are the captain and chief

Unregistered
06-07-2020, 06:12 PM
Sorry. Your obvious lack of education, punctuation, and sentence structure obviously threw me. I apologize for not being able to understand your incoherent babbling.

Unregistered
06-07-2020, 06:54 PM
Learn to read 2 are the captain and chief

Is it true? I hear Tag is putting in for captain?