PDA

View Full Version : Appeal process for LA Probation Department

leo2be
04-06-2017, 06:25 PM
I recently applied and took the polygraph for a DSO position for LA County. I was DQd for the since I did not complete the polygraph section. At one point apparently my polygraph results were not read properly due to my sniffles from my left over cold. I told the polygraph examiner I was getting over a cold and I felt ok to take the exam. We proceeded with the exam. I know now these exams you need to be completely uninterrupted. I was later contacted by my BG investigator and had to re take the polygraph exam and so they rescheduled me.

Upon my next exam I arrived with plenty of time and the examiner appeared to be late which was fine. After speaking briefly she said we would not conduct the exam since I seemed to be sleepy and would not be ready for it. I told her how many hours of sleep I had and unfortunately my neighbors were noisy the night prior to my exam. I felt I was prepared, but she said no since the exam would not be read correctly. She told me that backgrounds would simply re-schedule me and this last time "would not be a strike against me". I wish to appeal the DQ letter since I know I am a quality candidate and I felt there was an error since the last examiner implied I could retake the exam. I feel I know I had few issues, but can't they just reschedule me? Has anyone had any success on appealing the polygraph for probation department? Any insight is truly appreciated.