PDA

View Full Version : trauma kits for deputies or administrative sergeant slot?

Unregistered
02-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Trauma kits for deputies or creating jobs where none are needed

Open discussion on where money goes in agency

How much does an Administrative Sergeant make?

What does this position actually add in value to the functioning of the agency as a whole?

Never mind the seemingly total lack of structure or accountability for the alleged hours this new position actually is intended to operate – to do what?

say 40,000 a year, then add the cost of benefits, FRS contributions… of course a department take home car… that’s a resource which is diverted from actual working deputies.

And also adds yet another body to the middle management – in the hallway, not the road

Provides administrative excuse “there are no more budgeted slots for another Sergeant”.

This is a do little-to nothing job with the most minimal structure, accountability or purpose.

Its great to see how 40,000 plus cost of benefits and a department vehicle can be justified.

Why arent deputies issued trauma kits which contain quik-clot, bandages suitable for stopping bleeding and pneumo thorax (puncture wounds)… good, adequate ones cost roughly 60-80 dollars each.

Every deputy should have one. Several thousand dollars of “insurance” vs. just not providing them with the excuse “that’s too much money” – yet the same illegitimate administration can create a new position to remove a bona fide incompetent moron from real law enforcement, whose track record of ****ups would get you fired for lesser mistakes.

Then again, this administrative Sergeant goes back with 101 when they were on the road too.

Hey, Sarg, plan to be in any new Facebook clips? Swamp Cabbage is coming.

So is some scrutiny. Well deserved scrutiny. Going to deny that’s you? Taken out of context, right?

Can you spot an investigative journalist?

An independent one looking to make a name for themselves on a righteous expose of why good LEOs get tarnished by the words and actions from those like you?

Unregistered
02-09-2017, 02:33 PM
why no comments about this? Too "real" for here. This post raises a very good question - it should be answered openly.

Deputies are expendable and its great public relations when one is downed?

a 70 dollar kit can save a LIFE of an injured deputy.

Unregistered
02-09-2017, 02:45 PM
Buy your own like few of us have. You are responsible for yourself and your training. If you don't like how the agency is operated. Leave like most of us have.

Unregistered
02-09-2017, 10:59 PM
why no comments about this? Too "real" for here. This post raises a very good question - it should be answered openly.

Deputies are expendable and its great public relations when one is downed?

a 70 dollar kit can save a LIFE of an injured deputy.

WHO IS SELLING THIS KOOLAID? These "kits" are being force fed amazingly down the various agencies throats all over SWFL. Our guess is somebody has thought they can market a 15 dollar kit for 80 dollars and make a mint along with the setup of "saving one officers life"

In 40 years of law enforcement we have NEVER seen the need of a tourniquets for an officer down despite 8 being lot during our time. A tourniquet would not have helped any of them. This is a scam. It is fixing to be exposed and broadcast regarding the exact statistics and need for it.

Go peddle your crap elsewhere!

Unregistered
02-09-2017, 11:03 PM
Personally, AED equipped patrol vehicles would make far better sense than another useless kit sitting in the trunk getting wet, growing mold for yers, and then surplussed in a storeroom for another few years, and then ultimately thrown out.

Yep we have so much artillery blasts that dismember our LEOs and such versus heart attacks everywhere.

Unregistered
02-09-2017, 11:05 PM
WHO IS SELLING THIS KOOLAID? These "kits" are being force fed amazingly down the various agencies throats all over SWFL. Our guess is somebody has thought they can market a 15 dollar kit for 80 dollars and make a mint along with the setup of "saving one officers life"

In 40 years of law enforcement we have NEVER seen the need of a tourniquets for an officer down despite 8 being lot during our time. A tourniquet would not have helped any of them. This is a scam. It is fixing to be exposed and broadcast regarding the exact statistics and need for it.

I agree, to the poster who says we need these KITS please furnish statistics and cases where locally this has happened and would not have with a KIT.

Unregistered
02-09-2017, 11:22 PM
Personally, AED equipped patrol vehicles would make far better sense than another useless kit sitting in the trunk getting wet, growing mold for yers, and then surplussed in a storeroom for another few years, and then ultimately thrown out.

Yep we have so much artillery blasts that dismember our LEOs and such versus heart attacks everywhere.
You don't already have AEDs? WHAT the hell has baldie been spending all the money on? Oh, that's right...a new helicopter for Luft Commander "Pop" Warner.....riding on coattails of daddy.

Unregistered
02-09-2017, 11:29 PM

WTF is "we", you typing on a dual keyboard? During "our time" WTF is is "us"?

Cant wait for the "expose" and "broadcast" about that, while WE and way more people than "YOU/US/WE" wait for the expose and broadcast about you - get it? FU and however your "40 years" were calculated. Explorer time doesnt count, sorry. Quik clot? Pneuothorax injuries? Hemothorax?

You sound like a jerk off state trooper turned local drunk.

Unregistered
02-09-2017, 11:48 PM
Buy your own like few of us have. You are responsible for yourself and your training. If you don't like how the agency is operated. Leave like most of us have.

Once once has what was dubbed the "hendry-virus" its a little difficult, but thanks for the encouragement

Tell us, what is it like in a real department. Is it true you are treated as a professional and not a roach?

Unregistered
02-10-2017, 12:02 AM

instead of venting your own ego and shooting down someone apparently trying to do something constructive, all those military references, you're "better" than everyone right?

ADD the AED to the list, not piss on others list to make yourself look "wiser". You sound like someone sucking (sorry, "studying") for a Sergeant promotion, you must be practicing stepping on people before stripes.

People like you make the big H great. By the way, the trauma kits are the individual sized ones, not the EMT drag bag, big man.

You must not be invited much to 56, are you. I can see why.

Unregistered
02-10-2017, 12:21 AM
I agree, to the poster who says we need these KITS please furnish statistics and cases where locally this has happened and would not have with a KIT.

I dont recall throwing out a specific name or website "you must buy from them" - its the idea which makes sense.

If deputies dont carry a handgun, that means shootings wont happen - do you understand the logic youre spouting?

Why do you have a spare tire? in case you need it? should I toss out the spare and that will immunize me from a flat tire?

Im all for putting together the same kit without the markup - you want to help, help source the items, but first lets agree what makes sense. ok?

Unregistered
02-10-2017, 03:49 PM
Trauma kits can be used on the citizens of Hendry County. We do beat medics on scene quite often.

Unregistered
02-10-2017, 04:09 PM
Trauma kits can be used on the citizens of Hendry County. We do beat medics on scene quite often.

Thank you for the vindication. I am all about the FIRST duty is to go home safely each night after shift, but someone finally had to state the unspoken obvious to the ignorant "40 years" mentality.

Thank you.

Unregistered
02-11-2017, 02:59 AM
Right.. No one would have made it 40 years safely knowing what they know....

How ignorant is that? Buy your toys.. Then you can ride around with them.. Perhaps keep you warm at night..... . So much artillery going off out here. That and the IUDs oh wait that's another topic, I am sorry I meant IEDs.

When any of you rocket scientists break just 20 years let me know...

For now FRS pays me very very well thank you

Unregistered
02-11-2017, 01:09 PM

How ignorant is that? Buy your toys.. Then you can ride around with them.. Perhaps keep you warm at night..... . So much artillery going off out here. That and the IUDs oh wait that's another topic, I am sorry I meant IEDs.

No one said your opinion doesnt matter. Its welcomed even if you feel you have to down the opinion of everyone else and throwing your "40 years" into every conversation, or "how well FRS" now pays you. We will applaud you just like field day in grade school ok. For now, have your beer and wrok on making the pre-diabetes, full blown amputated diabetes and work on those broken capillaries in your face, beer and shot "man". You are a has been, a no one, living in the past, trying to impress people with what you did in the past. how many divorces have you had btw? How does one make 20 years? doing what you probably did ; ; No success outside the home makes up for failure inside the home. Thank you for your service.

Unregistered
02-11-2017, 02:31 PM

do this generation of 1065ers a favor, pull out in front of a harvesting bus on your cute motorcycle pops

Unregistered
02-11-2017, 04:47 PM
40 years. Probably counting explorer, auxiliary and reserve time huh. Law enforcement has changed drastically in the last 5 years let alone 20. Keep responding to what's going on when you probably haven't 65ed in over a decade.

Unregistered
02-11-2017, 06:36 PM
40 years. Probably counting explorer, auxiliary and reserve time huh. Law enforcement has changed drastically in the last 5 years let alone 20. Keep responding to what's going on when you probably haven't 65ed in over a decade.

And have your head firmly lodged in the current criminal sheriff's hind end. Supporting a criminal makes you no better.

Unregistered
02-14-2017, 12:09 AM

“40 years of law enforcement experience” spent doing long forms and an occasional DUI, and from that a jump into elected law enforcement office as an administrator, at best. A politician.

How is that really “law enforcement experience?” The ordinary junior deputy with less than a handful of years out of the academy (whom you patronize as a group as “rocket scientists”) has more law enforcement experience than you!

You should instead claim “experience despite the lack of exposure to real law enforcement”. Tell us, sir, your “war stories”. A state job as a uniformed accident investigator wearing a sidearm? Please!

The “rocket scientists”, whom you condescend to, and the opinion of anyone else with a constructive idea or even criticism should be at least heard. Even yours. You were thanked once, hoping to “redirect” your negativity. However, the well intended “re-direction” it didn’t seem to take.

Perhaps you are too arrogant, ignorant, or intoxicated to understand that.

Anyone, with 1 year or even 40 years, has a right to be listened to - just not your type of “40 years”.

Do you know the term “irrelevant” as it relates to pop culture? Here, in this forum, its roughly the same thing. WTF do you know about the law enforcement environment today?

You cannot relate. You are obsolete. You were welcome, but no longer. Not with your arrogance.

Instead, continue taking out whatever memorabilia you carry with you to live in the past while you can remember it. A small move in some arterial plaque to the right places will change that. Just one blood clot away from needing a straw for applesauce and needing depends.

But one day you will receive the recognition you deserve if you didn’t receive it here. You represent a part of the past of a system of law enforcement.

Thankfully, your kind are finally going the way of mortality, and those who modeled after you, with FDLE.

You, sir or ma'am, with your attitude (and “experience”), do rate the largest Honor Guard assembled to give you the recognition you deserve while laying in repose at Akin Davis.

All to line up and piss on you, sir or ma'am, and those left like you. To decomposition!

Heres to your stroke, your 4, or both!

Unregistered
02-14-2017, 02:09 AM

"our"? who else do you speak for? 8 officers is 8 too many, but just because - in your opinion - a trauma kit "would not have helped any of them" - so (forbid) 9, 10, and so wont either. thats typical administrative denial and rationalization.

"Its fixing to be exposed" - "fixing"? yes "statistics", those are reliable and perfectly objective, you show me yours, Ill show you mine - again, denial, and relying on a false authority to bolster your viewpoint.

no one has had a heart attack on duty, so by that logic, AED are bad idea, right? I totally agree vendors exploit agencies through absurd markups - why not figure out how to source internally - and go from there. maybe the administrative sergeant can do that - then again, from what we know, thats not a good idea.

Unregistered
03-01-2017, 12:46 AM
WHO IS SELLING THIS KOOLAID? These "kits" are being force fed amazingly down the various agencies throats all over SWFL......... This is a scam.... It is fixing to be exposed and broadcast regarding the exact statistics and need for it.

Its been nearly THREE WEEKS since your post - is "the scam" still "fixing" to be exposed? Broadcast where? Using statistics from where and how were they obtained?

You are being called out. Lets see the statistics you produce.

Big (and typical) mistake here it seems no one is held accountable for their claims. Here we are again, waiting for you.

Do you have a chronic substance abuse problem which interferes with day to day functioning and affects your memory?

Or, are you simply one of the administrative leeches. Out of touch. Out of shape and possibly Out of jobs..with a few Out on Bond....

Unregistered
03-10-2017, 03:35 PM
To the person with 40 years experience, there was an officer shot and wounded last night in Hendry and a officer involved shooting a month prior to that. Trauma kits don't sound so bad now.

Unregistered
03-11-2017, 12:05 AM
To the person with 40 years experience, there was an officer shot and wounded last night in Hendry and a officer involved shooting a month prior to that. Trauma kits don't sound so bad now.

Mr 40yrs we think is a former State Loser, sorry, "Trooper" ...