PDA

View Full Version : Paid for by Keep Hendry County Safe

ConcernedVoter
10-08-2016, 11:28 PM
I received a flier in the mail today titled Career Politicians like Steve Whidden have failed to keep us safe. Sent by Keep Hendry County Safe PO Box 26 Clewiston.

I started researching these claims against Sheriff Whidden to see if any are true.

Please post links to the information regarding the claims of unsolved murders, response times are below average and crime rates are rising.

Also if all the information on this board is true why aren't you sharing the board posts to FaceBook? People of Hendry County need to know what's happening internally to the Sheriffs office. We don't work there so how would we know. All we see is the front put on by Steve. This is ridiculous!

Unregistered
10-09-2016, 03:41 PM
http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/cms/FSAC/UCR/2015/CoMuOff2015annual.aspx

Above is the link to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's 2014/2015 crime statistics. The 2015/2016 statistics don't come out until late February or early March of 2017. In reviewing the statistics, you'll see that the overall crime rate in Hendry County increased by 5.8%. Sheriff Whidden is publically claiming that the crime rate is down by 28%, an out right lie and he knows it. You'll also see that murders within Hendry County are up from 1 to 3 in 2015. The Hendry County Sheriff's Office has solved none of them. The FDLE did solve one of those murders. As for response time, the Hendry County Sheriff's Office has lost approximately 24 deputies in the last year and a half. According to members of the administrative staff, the patrol division is currently down 11 deputies. When fully staffed, the patrol division consists of 32 deputies, meaning that there are a third fewer deputies patrolling the communities within the county. The response time has suffered greatly. All of that information is public record and can be requested from the agency. We have already requested it, but the agency is stalling the delivery.

Unregistered
10-12-2016, 04:51 AM
I am Steve Whidden,

It is my LIE and I will choose to tell it anyway I want.

Thank you.

Got a dip?

Unregistered
10-17-2016, 05:05 PM
I received a flier in the mail today titled Career Politicians like Steve Whidden have failed to keep us safe. Sent by Keep Hendry County Safe PO Box 26 Clewiston.

I started researching these claims against Sheriff Whidden to see if any are true.

Please post links to the information regarding the claims of unsolved murders, response times are below average and crime rates are rising.

Also if all the information on this board is true why aren't you sharing the board posts to FaceBook? People of Hendry County need to know what's happening internally to the Sheriffs office. We don't work there so how would we know. All we see is the front put on by Steve. This is ridiculous!

Paid for 'Keep Hendry County Safe'? No such organization moron hick.

How much to pay you to eat some sevin dust and drop? You wouldnt be able to understand the information you ask for, response times, statistics, since you 'started researching' claims against Sheriff Whidden - do your own work - go to the library or the appropriate sources for the information you seek.

Tell me, what is an 'average' response time, tell us, where is that gem published 'the average response time for (fill in crime is) - wtf do you know about anything police related - aside from hearsay and myth.

You must be the pride of your high school reunion class - an armchair investigative reporter, sleuth.

The only mail you receive is by accident, you are not on the 'do not contact' list for solicitation, you are 'doesnt matter' list.

Unregistered
10-17-2016, 05:59 PM
http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/cms/FSAC/UCR/2015/CoMuOff2015annual.aspx

Above is the link to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's 2014/2015 crime statistics. The 2015/2016 statistics don't come out until late February or early March of 2017. In reviewing the statistics, you'll see that the overall crime rate in Hendry County increased by 5.8%. Sheriff Whidden is publically claiming that the crime rate is down by 28%, an out right lie and he knows it. You'll also see that murders within Hendry County are up from 1 to 3 in 2015. The Hendry County Sheriff's Office has solved none of them. The FDLE did solve one of those murders. As for response time, the Hendry County Sheriff's Office has lost approximately 24 deputies in the last year and a half. According to members of the administrative staff, the patrol division is currently down 11 deputies. When fully staffed, the patrol division consists of 32 deputies, meaning that there are a third fewer deputies patrolling the communities within the county. The response time has suffered greatly. All of that information is public record and can be requested from the agency. We have already requested it, but the agency is stalling the delivery.

Statistics - something which you are no doubt good a spouting, but couldnt remotely dissect or interpret.

admirable you cite an outside 'higher' source which you fall back on to add credibility to your argument - on your own, you couldnt convince a street level crackwhore to get into your car for 50 dollars.

Murders are up - from one to three. Ever hear of anomaly, its not a trend - go look up 'anomaly' Why not include yourself in the suicide statistics. Cite those.

'According to members of the administrative staff' - name them, openly and the source document or interview you cite your claim on? Or, you have it on good inside information? Were you granted an exclusive interview. Moron.

The full staffing of 32, down by 11 meaning..- your computation skills are beyond reproach - you can do basic math.
Had you not explained what that meant - no one would have been able to discover. Thank you.

'We have already requested it' - how authoritative! So you are citing information without the ability to offer proof?

'Its publically available'.. Oh shit, are you expecting some sort of citizen revolt openess and transparency movement to happen because of this - is this your vision of The LaBelle Spring, where because of your visionary leadership ability that rivals a ghetto community activist handing out awareness flyers - will set into movement for some sort of change.

Stick your head into a plastic bag and relax.

Unregistered
10-17-2016, 11:15 PM
I just need clarification. Sheriff says crime rates are down, then I see the fdle reports. It says opposite, or what you call an anomoly. I have heard Sheriff say call volume is up every year and he still uses the same amount of Deputies. So if call volume is up that means crimes are down? That makes no sense. It seems to me the relationship would be similiar not inversely proportional i.e. crime down, calls down. Not crime down calls up. Clarification please. Thank you.

Concerned voter and LEO supporter.

Unregistered
10-18-2016, 12:23 AM
Concerned voter and LEO supporter...

Yes, Im certain you really are a concerned 'voter' and 'LEO' supporter. I think youre a traitor, but for the sake and spirit of this thread, lets 'willfully suspend disbelief' and say you are who you say. Heres my reply;

Im not the Sheriff, therefore Im not putting words in his mouth, nor self appointing myself to speak on his behalf - you have a question for the Sheriff then you Goddamned ask him man to man, instead of your hearsay. "Sheriff said.." or "I heard the Sheriff say.."

You do not need 'clarification', you need an enema, a formal evaluation for learning/reading disabilities, and perhaps proof of legitimate parentage.

"Sheriff says crime rates are down, then I see the FDLE reports. "It" (DLE Reports) says opposite" or what was called an "anomaly".

First use spellcheck. Second, the "anomaly" was in direct reply to the cited homicide rate, a previous 1 being reported, the following year then reporting 3.

Those 3 homicides in a single year - are highly unusual. For a knee-jerk sensationalist like you - they are "proof" of some sort of crime surge which Sheriff Whidden is responsible for, placing blame on his alleged managerial shortcomings, incompetent staff, etc.

The only shortcoming here is in your lack of perspective and probably deliberate nearsighted view of things.

(You) have heard (the) Sheriff say "call volume is up every year and he uses the same amount of deputies".

At least you have something correct. (Applause for the Special Olympic poster..) Every year call volume IS 'up'

Apparently you have access to information only available to the general circulation of the Caloosa Belle and anyone who has the motivation to attend County meetings. Problem is, Everything after the Pledge of Allegiance is over your head, might as well be in Greek for your ability to know WTF reality is.

The Sheriff is set up to fail with the budget the County Commission allots him. He should have a solid 30% more, especially considering the impact of illegal immigrants in this community.

"It seems to me the relationship would be similiar not inversely proportional i.e. crime down, calls down. Not crime down calls up. Clarification please. Thank you."

It seems to me that you must believe that everything is set in stone - that 'the relationship' might not turn out to be similar - despite your 'analysis'

Its amazing Sheriff Whidden isnt bald from pulling his hair out, or have a chronic concussion from beating his head against the wall from this sort of thing- Thank God for his layers of management and insulation from this - and he can continue his vision for the agency - no thanks to the like of you, seeking to undermine community confidence in his programs and vision.

I hope this was helpful to you and clarified things. God Bless.

Unregistered
10-18-2016, 01:31 AM
Concerned voter and LEO supporter...

Yes, Im certain you really are a concerned 'voter' and 'LEO' supporter. I think youre a traitor, but for the sake and spirit of this thread, lets 'willfully suspend disbelief' and say you are who you say. Heres my reply;

Im not the Sheriff, therefore Im not putting words in his mouth, nor self appointing myself to speak on his behalf - you have a question for the Sheriff then you Goddamned ask him man to man, instead of your hearsay. "Sheriff said.." or "I heard the Sheriff say.."

You do not need 'clarification', you need an enema, a formal evaluation for learning/reading disabilities, and perhaps proof of legitimate parentage.

"Sheriff says crime rates are down, then I see the FDLE reports. "It" (DLE Reports) says opposite" or what was called an "anomaly".

First use spellcheck. Second, the "anomaly" was in direct reply to the cited homicide rate, a previous 1 being reported, the following year then reporting 3.

Those 3 homicides in a single year - are highly unusual. For a knee-jerk sensationalist like you - they are "proof" of some sort of crime surge which Sheriff Whidden is responsible for, placing blame on his alleged managerial shortcomings, incompetent staff, etc.

The only shortcoming here is in your lack of perspective and probably deliberate nearsighted view of things.

(You) have heard (the) Sheriff say "call volume is up every year and he uses the same amount of deputies".

At least you have something correct. (Applause for the Special Olympic poster..) Every year call volume IS 'up'

Apparently you have access to information only available to the general circulation of the Caloosa Belle and anyone who has the motivation to attend County meetings. Problem is, Everything after the Pledge of Allegiance is over your head, might as well be in Greek for your ability to know WTF reality is.

The Sheriff is set up to fail with the budget the County Commission allots him. He should have a solid 30% more, especially considering the impact of illegal immigrants in this community.

"It seems to me the relationship would be similiar not inversely proportional i.e. crime down, calls down. Not crime down calls up. Clarification please. Thank you."

It seems to me that you must believe that everything is set in stone - that 'the relationship' might not turn out to be similar - despite your 'analysis'

Its amazing Sheriff Whidden isnt bald from pulling his hair out, or have a chronic concussion from beating his head against the wall from this sort of thing- Thank God for his layers of management and insulation from this - and he can continue his vision for the agency - no thanks to the like of you, seeking to undermine community confidence in his programs and vision.

I hope this was helpful to you and clarified things. God Bless.

So you use God's name in vain and end your train of thought with God Bless. Also making statements concerning the Special Olympics. Your a real gem. A real professional. Im not sure your not Steve himself with that rage I just read. Be ashamed. Stop pretending to be Christian. You give the rest of us a bad name. The more I read these posts, the more I lean toward voting Garcia. I dont see any of his followers acting this way. Its all Whidden's supporters that are vulgar and threatening.

Unregistered
10-18-2016, 02:31 AM
So you use God's name in vain and end your train of thought with God Bless. Also making statements concerning the Special Olympics. Your a real gem. A real professional. Im not sure your not Steve himself with that rage I just read. Be ashamed. Stop pretending to be Christian. You give the rest of us a bad name. The more I read these posts, the more I lean toward voting Garcia. I dont see any of his followers acting this way. Its all Whidden's supporters that are vulgar and threatening.

Again, no, I am not 'Steve'. You are sounding rather judgmental - who are YOU to judge my Christianity, or my faith?

'You take Gods name in vain..' So Ill allow you to claim Adultery and part of Exodus, you know, about laying with animals..

You are a judge of faith and Christian walk? So you are claiming to have discernment beyond the human level?

Who is 'the rest of us' - you speak for a group - name the group.

The more you read these posts the more you lean toward voting for Garcia? Newsflash, your vote will count as much as it will in the electoral vote system - for little. Your vote doesnt count.

I am confident that Sheriff Whidden will be victorious, I pledge my allegiance to him.

"All Whidden supporters are vulgar and threatening" - you are playing the concerned voter citizen predictably transparent.

You are an internal traitor very likely. Your head should be shaved and you should be shamed in public for your betrayal. A list of pictures and names should be published in a section of the Caloosa Belle 'Traitors'

The community should be mortified you have a job within the department.

Traitor.

Unregistered
10-18-2016, 07:30 AM
I just need clarification. Sheriff says crime rates are down, then I see the fdle reports. It says opposite, or what you call an anomoly. I have heard Sheriff say call volume is up every year and he still uses the same amount of Deputies. So if call volume is up that means crimes are down? That makes no sense. It seems to me the relationship would be similiar not inversely proportional i.e. crime down, calls down. Not crime down calls up. Clarification please. Thank you.

Concerned voter and LEO supporter.

Not all people that comment on here are actual LEO so do not take their comments to heart. They simply hide behind the anonymous forum to create drama. I will tell you that I was a Deputy Sheriff with HCSO for some time under Whidden and the things you have read on this forum about him are true. As for the crime rate well you read the statistics yourself. He is simply telling one of his many lies and the crime rate has gone up. A lot of Deputies like me have left and went to other agencies due to his lack of ethics. He is not taking any measures to resolve the issue and is continuing to tell his lies. The call volume is up and the amount of Deputies working the road is dangerously low. I will say that he will not change his ways and will only run the agency like a dictator keeping his friends and family out of jail. I can only imagine how his non law abiding friends and family will act when the blanket of protection is removed when he is no long in charge. The Deputies will once again be able to do their jobs and make arrests when necessary. I hope this answers your question. Thank you for your support of LEO.

Unregistered
10-18-2016, 11:14 AM
Not all people that comment on here are actual LEO so do not take their comments to heart. They simply hide behind the anonymous forum to create drama. I will tell you that I was a Deputy Sheriff with HCSO for some time under Whidden and the things you have read on this forum about him are true. As for the crime rate well you read the statistics yourself. He is simply telling one of his many lies and the crime rate has gone up. A lot of Deputies like me have left and went to other agencies due to his lack of ethics. He is not taking any measures to resolve the issue and is continuing to tell his lies. The call volume is up and the amount of Deputies working the road is dangerously low. I will say that he will not change his ways and will only run the agency like a dictator keeping his friends and family out of jail. I can only imagine how his non law abiding friends and family will act when the blanket of protection is removed when he is no long in charge. The Deputies will once again be able to do their jobs and make arrests when necessary. I hope this answers your question. Thank you for your support of LEO.

Finally! A deputy of reason, regardless of political affiliation - is a professional

Thank you for speaking to the Holy Rolling Philistine.

Unregistered
10-18-2016, 01:13 PM

"Not all people that comment on here are actual LEO so do not take their comments to heart. They simply hide behind the anonymous forum to create drama. I will tell you that I was a Deputy Sheriff with HCSO for some time under Whidden.."

Yes, and you are the voice of the 'honest' deputies? - "
The Deputies will once again be able to do their jobs and make arrests when necessary."

So, you are planning to return to Hendry County if Sheriff Whidden is not re-elected, because that why you left - because you were an honest deupty trying to do their job, but the Sheriff, whom you call a 'dictator' wouldnt let you?

Is that it?

What years did you serve? How many years of service did you have before allegedly working at the agency? You were so professional and ethical you couldnt bear to stay? - because of the alleged corruption, right? Put up or shut up. Give specific examples - names, incidents which can be verified.

You are making some strong accusations towards Sheriff Whidden -

"I will say that he will not change his ways and will only run the agency like a dictator keeping his friends and family out of jail. I can only imagine how his non law abiding friends and family will act when the blanket of protection is removed when he is no long in charge."

Blanket of protection? Protection of what? Again, the innuendo. Unbelievable, but believable. You did the agency a favor leaving if you really were here.

The tear stained kleenex piles in the parking lot got to be messy from entitled children who want to wear a uniform and drive around in a cruiser all day, playing, but not being a law enforcement officer.

If you truly are at another agency, why not give some credibility to your claims. Certainly the 'corrupt tentacles' of 'Don Whidden Corleone', sorry, 'dictator', as you called The Sheriff, the 'corrupt tentacles' of 'Il Duce Whidden' couldnt possibly harm you. Do you have aspiration to be the small town Jullian Assange.

Do you have visions of being part of the LaBelle Spring, that the oppressed will be free from the 'corruption' that has plagued Hendry County for so long?

The only corruption is in the lack of integrity and loyalty to the Sheriff.

Pardon me while I vomit. Traitor.

Unregistered
10-18-2016, 10:45 PM
"Not all people that comment on here are actual LEO so do not take their comments to heart. They simply hide behind the anonymous forum to create drama. I will tell you that I was a Deputy Sheriff with HCSO for some time under Whidden.."

Yes, and you are the voice of the 'honest' deputies? - "
The Deputies will once again be able to do their jobs and make arrests when necessary."

So, you are planning to return to Hendry County if Sheriff Whidden is not re-elected, because that why you left - because you were an honest deupty trying to do their job, but the Sheriff, whom you call a 'dictator' wouldnt let you?

Is that it?

What years did you serve? How many years of service did you have before allegedly working at the agency? You were so professional and ethical you couldnt bear to stay? - because of the alleged corruption, right? Put up or shut up. Give specific examples - names, incidents which can be verified.

You are making some strong accusations towards Sheriff Whidden -

"I will say that he will not change his ways and will only run the agency like a dictator keeping his friends and family out of jail. I can only imagine how his non law abiding friends and family will act when the blanket of protection is removed when he is no long in charge."

Blanket of protection? Protection of what? Again, the innuendo. Unbelievable, but believable. You did the agency a favor leaving if you really were here.

The tear stained kleenex piles in the parking lot got to be messy from entitled children who want to wear a uniform and drive around in a cruiser all day, playing, but not being a law enforcement officer.

If you truly are at another agency, why not give some credibility to your claims. Certainly the 'corrupt tentacles' of 'Don Whidden Corleone', sorry, 'dictator', as you called The Sheriff, the 'corrupt tentacles' of 'Il Duce Whidden' couldnt possibly harm you. Do you have aspiration to be the small town Jullian Assange.

Do you have visions of being part of the LaBelle Spring, that the oppressed will be free from the 'corruption' that has plagued Hendry County for so long?

The only corruption is in the lack of integrity and loyalty to the Sheriff.

Pardon me while I vomit. Traitor.

Yes I was one of the honest Deputies at HCSO and no, I do not plan on returning. Currently I make more than your current lieutenants at HCSO do, so why would I return. Why would I want to stay at an agency that allows no room for movement unless you’re under the Sheriff’s desk like you probably are right now. (Even doing that you still will never advance.)

Yes they are strong accusations and why would do I need to list specifics on the allegations when the news is doing that for me. As they are interviewing Deputies that used to work for HCSO, hopefully your name does not come up. As for the comment “I did the agency a favor by leaving” well you can look at the crime statistics and see that is not true. When most of the good Deputies left all the lazy ones like you let the crime rate go up. Perhaps you’re scared to do due your job out of fear of making a “bad arrest.”

“The tear stained kleenex piles in the parking lot got to be messy from entitled children who want to wear a uniform and drive around in a cruiser all day, playing, but not being a law enforcement officer. “

After reading this it makes me think you’re one of the Deputies who sits around doing residential checks and actually believe you’re a cop. Try getting out of the car for once. I have no loyalty at all for Whidden because a leader is somebody you should be able to follow and learn from. Whidden is the opposite of that.

“The only corruption is in the lack of integrity and loyalty to the Sheriff. Pardon me while I vomit. Traitor.”

Once again, I have no loyalty to Whidden, he does not show the qualities which a real Sheriff should have, for example leadership and integrity. Everything he does behind the scenes is not exactly ethical. If you actually work as a Deputy with HCSO (My guess is fleet maintenance, but I digress.) then you would know Whidden does not possess much integrity let alone leadership skills. Read the definition of Officer Misconduct and you will more clearly understand the lack of integrity. I believe 124 posted the statute and definition not too long ago. I have also posted the definitions of integrity and leadership. It may be the first time you have ever seen them so hopefully you will know what they mean now. If you’d like I could offer you some examples sometime. As for being a traitor I have never betrayed my friend’s, country or moral principles unlike you and select others at HCSO. Best of luck with the election because we both know if Whidden loses, no other agency will hire you.

Integrity- the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
Leadership- the action of leading a group of people or an organization.

And for your clarification:
Traitor- a person who betrays a friend, country, principle

Unregistered
10-18-2016, 11:01 PM
Wow. Superstar.

Ever serve in the Armed Forces? Or were you a hometown boy, who wanted to be a somebody, and instead went to the academy to wear a uniform and carry a gun - and avoided military service first?

Are you a leader where you are? Or, do you possess 'authority', which can be taken from you on a whim. Like an FTO pin, or something superficial.

You want to lecture on what defines 'leadership' 'integrity' 'ethics' -

What military leadership courses did you graduate from? List them.

If you are not a veteran, you are not at all qualified to lecture 'leadership' or judge ability.

Branch? Years of Service? Character of Discharge? Leadership Schools?

Unregistered
10-19-2016, 01:33 AM
Wow. Superstar.

Ever serve in the Armed Forces? Or were you a hometown boy, who wanted to be a somebody, and instead went to the academy to wear a uniform and carry a gun - and avoided military service first?

Are you a leader where you are? Or, do you possess 'authority', which can be taken from you on a whim. Like an FTO pin, or something superficial.

You want to lecture on what defines 'leadership' 'integrity' 'ethics' -

What military leadership courses did you graduate from? List them.

If you are not a veteran, you are not at all qualified to lecture 'leadership' or judge ability.

Branch? Years of Service? Character of Discharge? Leadership Schools?

No need to call me a superstar, I know I do a great job. I don’t need people constantly telling me I’m doing a good job so I can feel appreciated. Back on subject, judging by your response I would say that you yourself have not served in the military, or are in a leadership position at HCSO. I even put definitions in my previous post so you would clearly comprehend the verbiage and yet you still failed. Where does it state that you must have served in the military to be a leader, or as you stated “If you are not a veteran, you are not at all qualified to lecture 'leadership' or judge ability.” I myself have never served in the military to answer your question. This does not affect my ability to do my job. There are thousands of individuals in a variety of career fields who show true qualities of leadership. Regardless of service in the military, and even regardless of whether or not they possess a college degree. An individual is still capable of inspiring and leading others. You should probably research those who are inspiring, morally ethical, everyday people. Leadership lies in a person’s character, one day you might understand. With that being said, I will not continue to go back and forth with an individual who has the same comprehension as Whidden. Best of luck, get the patrol cars ready for real cops.

Unregistered
10-19-2016, 02:48 AM
No need to call me a superstar, I know I do a great job. I don’t need people constantly telling me I’m doing a good job so I can feel appreciated. Back on subject, judging by your response I would say that you yourself have not served in the military, or are in a leadership position at HCSO. I even put definitions in my previous post so you would clearly comprehend the verbiage and yet you still failed. Where does it state that you must have served in the military to be a leader, or as you stated “If you are not a veteran, you are not at all qualified to lecture 'leadership' or judge ability.” I myself have never served in the military to answer your question. This does not affect my ability to do my job. There are thousands of individuals in a variety of career fields who show true qualities of leadership. Regardless of service in the military, and even regardless of whether or not they possess a college degree. An individual is still capable of inspiring and leading others. You should probably research those who are inspiring, morally ethical, everyday people. Leadership lies in a person’s character, one day you might understand. With that being said, I will not continue to go back and forth with an individual who has the same comprehension as Whidden. Best of luck, get the patrol cars ready for real cops.

Good thing 'you dont need people constantly telling (you are) doing a good job' - because I doubt you hear it much to begin with..

I am so grateful you placed definitions in your previous post - reading your post dumbed me down a little.

Yes, you won this battle of words, 'leader'.

How about 'Line Supervision' - do you at least have that in your training file, rockstar?

Your intended slight against the Sheriff, cowardly. You speak much during your exit interview? Doubt it highly.

What a parting shot 'get the patrol cars ready' - are you one of the 'real' cops who deserves one?

Unregistered
10-19-2016, 03:32 AM
This dissconance between departments of the HCSO has me more worried than the actual accusations targeted against our Sheriff.

I am not in law enforcement and can not nor will speak as if I have knowledge in these areas. But, I do have experience being an administrator and leader of an organization. My daily task was to always keep a finger or pulse on my organization. If they felt over whelmed, what could I reduce? If they felt powerless and ineffective, what responsibility and authority could I transfer over?

I got sent this link and still am not sure of all of these comments that I'm reading but, I do want you to know that I greatly respect and admire every one of you who has dedicated their life to the calling and I would hope that you continue to bless Hendry County with your gift.

As far as these allegations...I just don't know. I'm not in the field. But I do believe that what is darkenss will come to light and what is light, will radiate through the darkness.

Sheriff Whidden, you have my support and vote and ALL deputies, Hendry, etc...you also have my nonwavering support. I triad each and every one of you. But what happened to the brotherhood that I grew up hearing stories about, (my grandfather was a Sheriff), shouldn't y'all still have each other's back, regardless of differing perspectives???

Unregistered
10-19-2016, 03:37 AM
I apologize for the auto correct error; triad should be "trust" and I truly do respect, trust, and honor each and every one who wears that badge!

Unregistered
10-19-2016, 11:02 AM
This dissconance between departments of the HCSO has me more worried than the actual accusations targeted against our Sheriff.

I am not in law enforcement and can not nor will speak as if I have knowledge in these areas. But, I do have experience being an administrator and leader of an organization. My daily task was to always keep a finger or pulse on my organization. If they felt over whelmed, what could I reduce? If they felt powerless and ineffective, what responsibility and authority could I transfer over?

I got sent this link and still am not sure of all of these comments that I'm reading but, I do want you to know that I greatly respect and admire every one of you who has dedicated their life to the calling and I would hope that you continue to bless Hendry County with your gift.

As far as these allegations...I just don't know. I'm not in the field. But I do believe that what is darkenss will come to light and what is light, will radiate through the darkness.

Sheriff Whidden, you have my support and vote and ALL deputies, Hendry, etc...you also have my nonwavering support. I triad each and every one of you. But what happened to the brotherhood that I grew up hearing stories about, (my grandfather was a Sheriff), shouldn't y'all still have each other's back, regardless of differing perspectives???

I am not in law enforcement and can not nor will speak as if I have knowledge in these areas.
you already recognize your input, it will not translate, good intention, like the road to hell, are paved with good intentions. In this case the road to Sheriff has an expressway through hell, complete with spurs and a toll road of sorts.

But, I do have experience being an administrator and leader of an organization.
But not an organization which is unique as this, see above.

My daily task was to always keep a finger or pulse on my organization. If they felt over whelmed, what could I reduce? If they felt powerless and ineffective, what responsibility and authority could I transfer over?

If an organization has a pulse, The present Chief Deputy, is the equivalent of an arterial blockage - there are much better qualified Capts within the agency already - with experience, training and highly respected. The present Cheif Deputy is where he is, for as long as he is, as part of a deal with the devil. Steve would be a perfectly fine executive, if his master would allow him re-assign, at least, the Chief Deputy, who actually insulates the Sheriff from a lot of reality - the morale of the agency is a prime example. The Sheriff is fine, the Cheif on the other hand, needs to go, somewhere, step back, let someone else who will be an oxgen mask for Steve to see clearly, instead of complicating things

Sheriff Whidden, you have my support and vote

Thank you kind sir, or madam.

But what happened to the brotherhood that I grew up hearing stories about.....shouldn't y'all still have each other's back, regardless of differing perspectives???

That brotherhood story is a myth - too many movies. When did you begin to realize Santa, The Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy did not exist? About 6 or 7? About 6 or 7 years into this job, youll discover that too doesnt exist. In lip service and cliche it totally does. Having each others backs, totally, until things become 'real' then its every deputy for himself.

Thanks for your support. Hopefully we can wrap up this election and continue on with business..with a new Cheif Deputy.

No offense Chief, but you need to move on.

Unregistered
10-19-2016, 11:15 AM
I actually like the chief. He seems to be the only one with a head on his shoulder. I don't think there are better Capt's there to lead. Ask RA, GE, or BS. I am sure they will tell the same issues with that Captains leadership style. They were all once under him as supervisors and have nothing but negative comments to say. Although he does have a great background and resume he to me isn't a leader. Just my two cents.

Unregistered
10-19-2016, 11:39 AM
I actually like the chief. He seems to be the only one with a head on his shoulder. I don't think there are better Capt's there to lead. Ask RA, GE, or BS. I am sure they will tell the same issues with that Captains leadership style. They were all once under him as supervisors and have nothing but negative comments to say. Although he does have a great background and resume he to me isn't a leader. Just my two cents.

The Cheif is likeable, but that doesnt qualify him for his position. You two cents says 'there arent any better Capts to lead', my two cents says 'there is', so together with our 4 cents, lets buy a new Chief?

Who? I would be willing to take a shot with DH. Concerning RA GE BS - all having the same complaints - they are entitled to their opinions, but being a leader is not always a popularity contest.

The current Chief, who has the nickname 'Mumbles' - it should be on his golf shirt - will not listen to any other way but 'his'. If the Sheriff were allowed to make a bona fide executive decision and selection - the Chief Mumbling Deputy would be perhaps running the jail - somewhere out of the way, limited sphere of influence, still making a contribution - an important one - but not suffocating the agency as a whole - his thinking is like pond algae - its insidious, it slowly chokes the oxygen out of the pond.

In this case, deputy retention is severely lacking - in large part, because of his Mumbling ways.

Its up to Steve if he wants to restore faith in his administration, cure it - with a new Chief Deputy

Step aside, think beyond your ego Mumbling sir, and let the Sheriff make an executive selection without your oversight or interference. Youll at least still have a job - not that it matters to you, your retirement is set.

Unregistered
10-19-2016, 11:49 AM
I will agree with everything you said except for both Captains being better leaders. SH is the worst. I am a true believer in having an administration that put time in on the road/detective. She has a part time, auxilary, full time for 7 years then appointed to Lt background. Yet she boast of her experience. I would pay good money to see her work the road. I want a 102 who is pro Deputy. Add two more cents to the pot.

Unregistered
10-19-2016, 11:51 AM
Skip the Captains and pick a Lt. JW 2020!!!

Unregistered
10-19-2016, 12:17 PM

In all seriousness, lets focus on 2016, before 2020. There wont be a 2020 without a 2016. JW is a sweaty tub of probably going to be indicted/sued/brady listed gravy. Place the pillsbury doughboy in a green uniform, youll have a dopelganger. Closing out a report a Sergeant (wisely) refused to change to his Lieutenant liking - is going to come back and haunt him. I feel badly for that former Sergeant, hes going to be in between a rock and a hard place - too many people involved in that. Taking/receiving a promotion to go-along - I dont blame him, but what could he do, say 'no' I dont want the promotion? That was a short term fix to a problem with a longer statute of limitations. Its not going to be a good year in 2017, a lot of scrutiny that the Pillsbury boy will fold under the pressure, and its all legitimate.
My prediction, the Lieutenant will bear the brunt of it - hes the one caught in the middle, and is going to go down the hardest, in whatever form that will be, maybe criminal, Id say 70-75% chance, handled well enough he will avoid criminal, but will give up his certificate. The Sherriff...not quite as easy, hes largely immune - he can keep repeating his mantra on camera, although it is NOT convincing - its his stroy and hes sticking to it, hes locked in - any deviation from it, will cause new problems. The former Sergeant, now also Lt can maybe get out of the whole trap by making the right contact..

Unregistered
10-19-2016, 02:01 PM

Look how fast Steve threw JW under the bus with that stupid look on his face, saying he doesn't know why JW would close out that case... As if JW wasn't told to do it. Come on! Thats what JW gets for being a mindless tool. Guess those dirty favors aren't paying off for you in the long run, huh JW.

Unregistered
10-19-2016, 02:21 PM
Look how fast Steve threw JW under the bus with that stupid look on his face, saying he doesn't know why JW would close out that case... As if JW wasn't told to do it. Come on! Thats what JW gets for being a mindless tool. Guess those dirty favors aren't paying off for you in the long run, huh JW.

JW - so common knowledge.... Go ask daddy what he would do before the walls really close in. You are likely facing decertification - I would be surprised (but happy) if you got criminal. Youll surrender your certificate in lieu of charges.

Thats how its done in Miami Dade, the major leagues you thought you could play in little Hendry.

Take it if its offered. You will find out how lonely your position is when Sherrif Garcia comes in - you wont be re apointed. Your paper rank wont translate into much beyond. You do not interview very well from what I've heard, "not a very original thinker", "lacks expressive ability beyond superficial" and "unable to develop abstract ideas into written form"

There was nothing to see - JW wasnt thrown under the bus, he set himself up for walking into it.

JW what are you going to do after losing your certificate? Seriously.

The truth will set you, or keep you free. Youll be spanked, but you will at least be free. You would not do well, even a token 30 - 60 days. You lack genuine real world survival skills.

This is a free tutorial - go talk to someone who can help you get out of the predicament you are in, before you get locked into a position that will be proven pejurious.

You do not want to remeber this advice as a "I should have". Do it. Salvage at least integrity.

Unregistered
10-20-2016, 12:18 AM
[. The Sherriff...not quite as easy, hes largely immune - he can keep repeating his mantra on camera, although it is NOT convincing - its his stroy and hes sticking to it, hes locked in - any deviation from it, will cause new problems. The former Sergeant, now also Lt can maybe get out of the whole trap by making the right contact..[/QUOTE]

Explain how Whidden is largely immune? This we have to hear.

Unregistered
10-20-2016, 01:10 AM
[. The Sherriff...not quite as easy, hes largely immune - he can keep repeating his mantra on camera, although it is NOT convincing - its his stroy and hes sticking to it, hes locked in - any deviation from it, will cause new problems. The former Sergeant, now also Lt can maybe get out of the whole trap by making the right contact..

Explain how Whidden is largely immune? This we have to hear.[/QUOTE]

I think where the poster is going is asserting Steve would be "immune from civil liability - "sovereign immunity" - among the very early respondent motions filed by a defendant Sheriff in a civil suit.

Criminal, however, its not what you know, its what you can prove.

Recall in criminal - "beyond shadow of doubt"
In a civil, (think monetary), there is a lower threshold, a "preponderance"

I am not going to lay out a criminal defense strategy for the Sheriff, for several reasons.

I do think its unlikely Steve will face much of anything - it is going to one of the other two main alleged players in this incident - not the investigating deputy - but the Lt and the Sgt (now also a Lt), one of them, particularly the former Sgt - get him to roll - the speed with which that down coming pail of shit will splatter will be impressive.

I do think its likely, as one poster pointed out that at least one is looking straight at surrendering his certificate, maybe the second. Very little, if nothing for the Sheriff.

Once he is out of office, big deal, the new administration will have to clean up the mess - thats the tradition, thats the system.

If either of the two others who are alleged to be involved have a shred of sense - they are not in a position "to cut a deal", there are no charges (yet), therefore there is nothing to 'deal' about - but needing to think about 2017 forward - they are toast if a new administration comes in - no shot at all of reappointment - and thats something they as individuals really need to be honest about to themselves - "what are my options if there is a new administration"

Neither of those two have a career without Steve in office, yet it is Steve who can walk away, leaving them holding the bag. Congratulations you two, you sold yourselves out only to be sold out.

What color is the writing on the wall for either of you left?

Unregistered
10-20-2016, 02:41 AM
Explain how Whidden is largely immune? This we have to hear.

I think where the poster is going is asserting Steve would be "immune from civil liability - "sovereign immunity" - among the very early respondent motions filed by a defendant Sheriff in a civil suit.

Criminal, however, its not what you know, its what you can prove.

Recall in criminal - "beyond shadow of doubt"
In a civil, (think monetary), there is a lower threshold, a "preponderance"

I am not going to lay out a criminal defense strategy for the Sheriff, for several reasons.

I do think its unlikely Steve will face much of anything - it is going to one of the other two main alleged players in this incident - not the investigating deputy - but the Lt and the Sgt (now also a Lt), one of them, particularly the former Sgt - get him to roll - the speed with which that down coming pail of shit will splatter will be impressive.

I do think its likely, as one poster pointed out that at least one is looking straight at surrendering his certificate, maybe the second. Very little, if nothing for the Sheriff.

Once he is out of office, big deal, the new administration will have to clean up the mess - thats the tradition, thats the system.

If either of the two others who are alleged to be involved have a shred of sense - they are not in a position "to cut a deal", there are no charges (yet), therefore there is nothing to 'deal' about - but needing to think about 2017 forward - they are toast if a new administration comes in - no shot at all of reappointment - and thats something they as individuals really need to be honest about to themselves - "what are my options if there is a new administration"

Neither of those two have a career without Steve in office, yet it is Steve who can walk away, leaving them holding the bag. Congratulations you two, you sold yourselves out only to be sold out.

What color is the writing on the wall for either of you left?[/QUOTE]

I am well versed on civil exposure to Chapter 30 Constitutional Officers.

What you described is correct given that the two officers were at fault and the Sheriff knew nothing until after the fact.

But see he always had to have his hands abd nose all up in the every moment happenings. He participated from the traffic stop, to the threats to drop the case at the gun range abd kept on going. Bingo. He is as guilty as itself.

Nice try.

However I do foresee a ticket pulled in the future. His ticket.

Unregistered
10-20-2016, 12:02 PM
"I am well versed on civil exposure to Chapter 30 Constitutional Officers.

What you described is correct given that the two officers were at fault and the Sheriff knew nothing until after the fact.

But see he always had to have his hands abd nose all up in the every moment happenings. He participated from the traffic stop, to the threats to drop the case at the gun range abd kept on going. Bingo. He is as guilty as itself.

Nice try.

However I do foresee a ticket pulled in the future. His ticket."

You just agreed " with me in your opening sentence - "Steve knew nothing until after the fact"

Then you go in the opposite direction..

Nice try what? Dont ruin an intelligent conversation with a sarcastic ending - lets have a break from the little digital Syria on here of late.

I dont see much happening to Steve - beyond, maybe, not having another term - which that itself is unrelated to the incident.

What is 'your' opinion on the likelihood of one, particularly the then Sergeant who refused to change the report, doing something smart in the midst of some incredibly stupid acts (its not ratting - its being honest) - F what trolls and bullshit you are being fed - they are not in his position - so easy to 'say' 'what they would do' - those are the first ones usually to eat a Glock.

Take the bars your received as a payoff, off, and look in the mirror - those bars probably wont be your in January - but you can still have your ticket - just speak the truth - the first step is the hardest. You would be doing the right thing. Does this occur to you. Even if the administration gets another term - this situation IS NOT going away.

Do you have an attorney - your own, with whom you have a attorney/client relationship?

Call a good Ft Myers attorney, one who others who have sued the agency have used, they know the ropes, this isnt something you take to an injury firm which has someone in house that does DUI pleas.

You need your own Gloria Alred, like yesterday.

Unregistered
10-21-2016, 10:43 PM
Wow, I thought middle school kids were bad about talking a bunch garbage. They have nothing on some of you. Who is hiding behind "keep Hendry safe"? Shouldn't be much of a mystery. Talk trash and hide behind some made up PAC. Keep Hendry safe is dragging this into the mud because their guy can't win on his own merits. Now I hear they are aligning with a certain candidate for Superintendent of school who was an embarrassment. Good call! Stay classy!

Unregistered
10-21-2016, 10:49 PM
Wow, I thought middle school kids were bad about talking a bunch garbage. They have nothing on some of you. Who is hiding behind "keep Hendry safe"? Shouldn't be much of a mystery. Talk trash and hide behind some made up PAC. Keep Hendry safe is dragging this into the mud because their guy can't win on his own merits. Now I hear they are aligning with a certain candidate for Superintendent of school who was an embarrassment. Good call! Stay classy!

"Shouldn't be much of a mystery."

Sounds like you want to join CID. If you mishandle evidence, blow off witness statements and lack an overall aptitude for law enforcement on the road, go yonder. Roll call is casual if you even show up. Use Skype or Facetime.

Unregistered
10-21-2016, 11:06 PM

Go back to Facebook you fat little tranny punk. You have no idea what you're talking about unless you're sexting your little boyfriends on you're down low homo page. Enjoy it now. I don't think they let you use Facebook in prison, but I'm sure you'll be popular in the shower. Won't you Michelle?

Unregistered
10-21-2016, 11:31 PM
HA! Both of you made my point about middle school kids. Please tell me y'all aren't "serving and protecting".

Unregistered
10-21-2016, 11:46 PM
HA! Both of you made my point about middle school kids. Please tell me y'all aren't "serving and protecting".

Seriously Steve, isn't it a little juvenile that you have to get the last word?

Unregistered
10-21-2016, 11:49 PM
Seriously Steve, isn't it a little juvenile that you have to get the last word?

Its what's tanking his entire campaign actually. That and his nearly 8 yr crime spree.
We hope he keeps going.

Unregistered
10-22-2016, 12:04 AM
Steve? You're not only not in the ballpark, you aren't even in the parking lot, but continue to prove my original point. Good night kids!

Unregistered
10-22-2016, 01:04 AM
Steve? You're not only not in the ballpark, you aren't even in the parking lot, but continue to prove my original point. Good night kids!

Sorry Michelle. Its hard to tell which one of your personalities your using

Unregistered
10-23-2016, 03:27 AM
Being the one female Lt has indoctrinated all males, since Michelle is on the scene wonder if MF has hit it? He hits everything that moves. So yes he probably has /is done/doing Steve er Michelle.

Ewwwweeeeeeee

Unregistered
10-23-2016, 08:53 PM
There are many unsolved homicides in Hendry County. At one point in time about 8-10 years ago you could call the on Call CID and "oh it is just a Mexican" was the response. This is 100 FACT as I was there. I see not a lot has changed.

Unregistered
10-23-2016, 10:11 PM
There are many unsolved homicides in Hendry County. At one point in time about 8-10 years ago you could call the on Call CID and "oh it is just a Mexican" was the response. This is 100 FACT as I was there. I see not a lot has changed.

I'm sure you were. Let us guess, you were the "good guy" in a "bad" unit? Why did you not call DOJ, La Raza, if you were such a witness to all you allege. Someone who will believe your bullshit claim you were anywhere.

Cheap shot. This is supposed to be credible. Go relax have a few drinks and take the family out for a drive.