PDA

View Full Version : Patrols on 75?

Stephanie Gibson
09-11-2016, 01:03 AM
I dont typically drive to sarasota but did several times the past few weeks. What a mess. When I first moved down here in 2004 I used to see NPPD watching traffic out there.. does NPPD not do any road patrol on 75 anymore ? if not, why not?

Unregistered
09-11-2016, 01:51 AM
I dont typically drive to sarasota but did several times the past few weeks. What a mess. When I first moved down here in 2004 I used to see NPPD watching traffic out there.. does NPPD not do any road patrol on 75 anymore ? if not, why not?
in another of his infamous moves Vespia disbanded the traffic section a few years ago and formed a new unit, the special enforcement team SET, which is a less aggressive name for street crimes unit.so any speed enforcement is up to patrol and no one has the time to sit on 75. FHP and SCSO patrol it regularly NPPD responds to calls there if needed. To be very honest, it is too dangerous especially with the construction to run speed enforcement, K9 used to sit under the bridge, but since there numbers have dwindled and they are busy enhancing there image elsewhere they no longer sit there.

Stephanie Gibson
09-11-2016, 02:56 AM
in another of his infamous moves Vespia disbanded the traffic section a few years ago and formed a new unit, the special enforcement team SET, which is a less aggressive name for street crimes unit.so any speed enforcement is up to patrol and no one has the time to sit on 75. FHP and SCSO patrol it regularly NPPD responds to calls there if needed. To be very honest, it is too dangerous especially with the construction to run speed enforcement, K9 used to sit under the bridge, but since there numbers have dwindled and they are busy enhancing there image elsewhere they no longer sit there.

Thanks. They cannot finish soon enough for me.