PDA

View Full Version : Q&A With 124

Pages : [1] 2

Unregistered
06-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Ok ladies and gentlemen. I've been answering the same questions individually for some time now. I think it would be more effective if I answered them publicly for a change. So ask away. If I know the answer for a fact I'll tell you. If I'm making an educated or informed summation, I'll say so.

Unregistered
06-14-2016, 10:08 PM
Why were you let go?

Unregistered
06-14-2016, 11:01 PM
The first question is a good one. What was the deal with firing sim, and Magas. Or removing RA from narc?

Unregistered
06-15-2016, 05:16 PM
Why were you let go?

Ultimately, for threatening to make a formal complaint to the board of directors of the CFA during the mock accreditation assessment. One of the assessors was profoundly unprofessional and incompetent. I voiced my frustration and promised to make that complaint and was gone less than an hour later.

In reality I was a thorn in Kevin Nelson’s side. After they ran Dale Williams off and I began to report directly to Kevin, I became exposed to his mistakes and asinine decision making. Being in the position I was in, I voiced my opinion about those mistakes and/or terrible decisions when I felt that they were detrimental to the agency, and more particularly my subordinates. Tactfully of course. The problem with that is that Kevin lacks the ability to “agree to disagree”. When he receives any resistance, no matter how delicately presented, he see it as an attack and you become the enemy. I always prefaced my disagreements with "I'm always going to do this your way" or "I've already done this your way but..." I knew for the last four or five months that I was there that it was only a matter of time before Kevin and I had our final disagreement.

Unregistered
06-15-2016, 05:48 PM
The first question is a good one. What was the deal with firing sim, and Magas. Or removing RA from narc?

I’ll answer that categorically, and start with Magas. I have no clue why he was hired in the first place. I do know that he was fired because he was setting up shop for his personal LE training company at the gun range, and not doing what he was asked to do when he was hired. As I recall the final straw was the fact that the SRO grant required him to maintain certain statistics for reporting purposes. When the reporting period came around he had none of the stats, and was not familiar with the grant for which he was hired to oversee.

As for RA. I really don’t know why he was removed. I’ll tell you that most agencies rotate their narcotics guys every three to five years, as a practice. In this case it made sense to me, because they had a guy ready to step in who had a ton more (and better) experience.

Simeon’s is a long story, and goes back to 2010/11 when the Labelle Nights Bravo shift was GT, Mims, and Simeon. Kevin hated them all for some reason, and if you’ll notice Mims and Simeon are both gone. Kevin is still working diligently to do GT. After his legal problem in Charlotte County, Kevin vowed that Simeon would never return to duty. Even after the charges were dropped by the SAO, Kevin refused to put Simeon back on payed administrative leave. Kevin insisted that he was doing Simeon a favor by delaying the IA to give him time to resign, and even directed me to coerce Simeon to resign before the IA was started. (Simeon and I never had that conversation) The bottom line is that Kevin already knew that Simeon’s girlfriend was going to recant her initial statement from the night of the incident, and that the IA would clear him to return to duty as soon as the shooting investigation was completed and he passed his fit for duty evaluation. Fortunately, while he was preparing for the fight with the agency, Simeon received an offer to go do his dream job and cut his losses.

Unregistered
06-15-2016, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2629698]I’ll answer that categorically, and start with Magas. I have no clue why he was hired in the first place. I do know that he was fired because he was setting up shop for his personal LE training company at the gun range, and not doing what he was asked to do when he was hired. As I recall the final straw was the fact that the SRO grant required him to maintain certain statistics for reporting purposes. When the reporting period came around he had none of the stats, and was not familiar with the grant for which he was hired to oversee.

As for RA. I really don’t know why he was removed. I’ll tell you that most agencies rotate their narcotics guys every three to five years, as a practice. In this case it made sense to me, because they had a guy ready to step in who had a ton more (and better) experience.

Simeon’s is a long story, and goes back to 2010/11 when the Labelle Nights Bravo shift was GT, Mims, and Simeon. Kevin hated them all for some reason, and if you’ll notice Mims and Simeon are both gone. Kevin is still working diligently to do GT. After his legal problem in Charlotte County, Kevin vowed that Simeon would never return to duty. Even after the charges were dropped by the SAO, Kevin refused to put Simeon back on payed administrative leave. Kevin insisted that he was doing Simeon a favor by delaying the IA to give him time to resign, and even directed me to coerce Simeon to resign before the IA was started. (Simeon and I never had that conversation) The bottom line is that Kevin already knew that Simeon’s girlfriend was going to recant her initial statement from the night of the incident, and that the IA would clear him to return to duty as soon as the shooting investigation was completed and he passed his fit for duty evaluation. Fortunately, while he was preparing for the fight with the agency, Simeon received an offer to go do his dream job and cut his losses.[/QUOTE

I apologize. but I neglected to leave my trademark signature on the posts above.

124 (x2)

Unregistered
06-16-2016, 05:46 PM
Financially what is the biggest waste the S.O. spends money on? Where could the spend more and where could they spend less?

Unregistered
06-16-2016, 10:42 PM
Im sure there are a few individuals that are currently employed that you feel have no place under your administration. Go ahead and give them their notice now. Who will not be at HCSO in 2017.

Unregistered
06-16-2016, 11:20 PM
Financially what is the biggest waste the S.O. spends money on? Where could the spend more and where could they spend less?

As I have not yet seen the budget, that’s a tough one for me to answer at this point. However, I will point out some things I see as waste.

Having a Highway Interdiction Unit in an agency as small and with such a man power deficit is ridiculous. Assigning four K-9 deputies to a 13 miles stretch of US 27 to intercept drugs destined for other jurisdictions makes no sense. Especially at a time when the road patrol shifts are devastated by the mass exodus of deputies. Those assets serve no purpose to the citizens of Hendry County and should be focused on finding narcotics being sold and used within the Hendry communities, and they could do so while assigned to road patrol shifts until the staffing shortage is rectified. In addition, that’s a duplication of services as the FHP has an entire unit dedicated to perform the same function.

At a time when the current administration blames budget shortfalls for everything gone wrong, they continue to hire civilian assistants. Most of whom are friends and/or family. If you work at the agency you know exactly what I mean by that. Hiring a personal assistant to do a Captain’s job while she’s off campaigning for a job in another county… (I’ll quote the Monday Night Football pre-game crew) Come On Man!

Unregistered
06-17-2016, 12:40 AM
Wish there was a like button on some of these.

Unregistered
06-17-2016, 12:41 AM
Im sure there are a few individuals that are currently employed that you feel have no place under your administration. Go ahead and give them their notice now. Who will not be at HCSO in 2017.

There’s a loaded question. As with any change of administration there are a few people who will have to be dismissed, and I can assure you that they already know who they are.

Since 2010 I have described the agency as follows: The HCSO is composed of a hand full of turds, and bunch of mediocre people, and a hand full of all stars. We are going to bring in four or five highly experienced and ultra-professional people. Those professionals will be charged with mentoring, training up, and raising up the mediocre. They will also be responsible for polishing the few turds, and making them productive deputies. If they can’t be polished, then we’ll have to flush them. I already have a verbal commitment from a law enforcement trainer with an international resume. Needless to say, training will be nothing less than phenomenal. Deputy retention will become a priority and recruiting will be drastically different.

I’ve heard multiple reports that Steve has been running around telling everyone that Ricky and I are coming in to fire everybody. Just like the rest of the toxic waste spewing from Steve’s lips, don’t believe it!

Unregistered
06-17-2016, 01:14 AM
124:

What is your viewpoint on the LT in Labelle and his buds (Lilly, Taylor, Cameron and Kerns) getting anything they ask for, but people that are dedicated to the agency getting nothing ?

Also, what will the potentially new administration do about the current FTO program? From what I've heard, officers with less than one year experience within the agency are now training the new hires. Supposedly, these current FTOs only have law enforcement experience measuring bass.

Unregistered
06-17-2016, 01:33 AM
124 just reassure us that FeHe and ShBe will not be admin.

Unregistered
06-17-2016, 01:39 AM
124:

What is your viewpoint on the LT in Labelle and his buds (Lilly, Taylor, Cameron and Kerns) getting anything they ask for, but people that are dedicated to the agency getting nothing ?

Also, what will the potentially new administration do about the current FTO program? From what I've heard, officers with less than one year experience within the agency are now training the new hires. Supposedly, these current FTOs only have law enforcement experience measuring bass.

Lmao measuring bass. That sounds about right.

What about the srt team filled with corrections and led by Super Cpt.

Unregistered
06-17-2016, 02:08 PM
124:

I don’t know what to say about that. I firmly believe that you get what you earn, but apparently that’s just me. That’s just how it goes in an unprofessional environment like that. I’ll tell you that moving forward, promotions and/or lateral transfers will be made depending on “the best person for the job” theory. Fair and equal testing will be conducted and productivity will weigh heavy in that decision making process. By that I mean the person’s work ethic and the body of his/her work.

The FTO program used by the agency is the San Jose model and is the most commonly used model in the country. I think it’s a great program when administered properly. If you recall it has been passed around quite a bit in the last couple years. I had it for a while, but I failed a couple of Kevin’s favor hires. It was taken from me and given to Harney who failed another one of Kevin’s favor hires. Then it was given to Josh and the favor hire Harney failed out miraculously breezed through. Coincidence? There are still a couple good trainers with several years of experience. Those trainers are not being utilized at this point because they refused to sacrifice their integrity to please Kevin. Therefore Kevin makes Josh use the young trainers who still fear Kevin. Or as Kevin calls it, respect him.

Unregistered
06-17-2016, 11:07 PM
So what does the Chief really have over the Sheriff. It's common knowledge that the Sheriff cannot $hit without asking the Chief if he could. You had a decent relationship at one time, so I'm sure he confided in you on the lobster excursions.

Unregistered
06-18-2016, 12:13 AM
124:

Measuring bass now that's funny, as I hear it they couldn't hack it with the state and came crawling over here. From the sounds out it the walls were closing in on them. Just the same ole hires here with this current administration. No wonder we are so frustrated.

Unregistered
06-18-2016, 12:14 AM
101 knows better than to talk about 102.

Unregistered
06-18-2016, 02:26 AM
124 what is your take on the COPS and DUI unit?

Unregistered
06-18-2016, 03:03 PM
Measuring bass now that's funny, as I hear it they couldn't hack it with the state and came crawling over here. From the sounds out it the walls were closing in on them. Just the same ole hires here with this current administration. No wonder we are so frustrated.

I got my dog because of hardwork and my experience as a handler with fwc.

K9-4

Unregistered
06-18-2016, 04:52 PM

Apparently someone has no idea what they are talking about and is intentionally stirring the shit. I'd be more than willing to 56 so we can have a discussion. It's easy to talk shit while signed in as unregistered, sign your name to it and name your place to 56. I think it's hilarious because what have I been given? Absolutely nothing. I drive an old car, I 65 my calls, I make my arrests, and write my reports. Yes I am FTOing but who else is gonna do it that actually gives a shit? That's why we have a bunch of guys who don't know anything because the FTO breezes them through to get them out of their car, and they end up being a walking liability. I hate that people think they deserve a participation award for time on. Put some effort into what you do and see if you obtain your goals. If your answer is "I have or I did" you obviously weren't working hard enough. Sign your name to your response and name a 56 so we can discuss this face to face. Oh and P.S. K9-4 and I were both selected as 1 of 6 regional officers of the year of an almost 900 sworn agency during our career with the state.... The walls def weren't closing in.

Unregistered
06-19-2016, 12:47 AM
Someone struck a nerve. No need to defend yourself on an anonymous board with disgruntled ex employees A.T. As an outsider looking in you shouldn't be training people when you have less than a year on the road including your FTO. As some people said on here the Deputies do not train for a reason or are not asked to because they will not pass a below standards trainee. You will...or have not came to that cross road yet. Ask your friend why he passed the one who failed under Harney. Keep thinking you are above the rest of the Deputies because you "care more". Your other friend shouldn't have received a dog for many reasons. One is, he was in probation and given a specialty position which I am sure you know because you scored so high on Sgt. Exam is in violation of accreditation, also because the position was not posted like the ones after or before. That is another violation. I dont care at end of the day who gets a Canine. However, if you want morale up be fair. Go ahead and 56 me in Jan. in the parking lot of the S.O. after I come back from my departure. We can discuss your ideas to improve this place then. Then we will wait a few more months for you to have two years at this agency.

Unregistered
06-19-2016, 01:16 AM
Someone struck a nerve. No need to defend yourself on an anonymous board with disgruntled ex employees A.T. As an outsider looking in you shouldn't be training people when you have less than a year on the road including your FTO. As some people said on here the Deputies do not train for a reason or are not asked to because they will not pass a below standards trainee. You will...or have not came to that cross road yet. Ask your friend why he passed the one who failed under Harney. Keep thinking you are above the rest of the Deputies because you "care more". Your other friend shouldn't have received a dog for many reasons. One is, he was in probation and given a specialty position which I am sure you know because you scored so high on Sgt. Exam is in violation of accreditation, also because the position was not posted like the ones after or before. That is another violation. I dont care at end of the day who gets a Canine. However, if you want morale up be fair. Go ahead and 56 me in Jan. in the parking lot of the S.O. after I come back from my departure. We can discuss your ideas to improve this place then. Then we will wait a few more months for you to have two years at this agency.

I forgot to add the Georgia guy should have went to road as well. Although his situation is different. No other agency that people look up to make decisions like the ones made here. The interdiction unit he sold left the narcotics unit shorthanded. Now the Deputies on the road will be short handed if the rumors are true of Deputies leaving.

Unregistered
06-19-2016, 01:21 AM

Let's be clear, I have 8 years in LE. And I have held back 2 out of the 3 I have trained because they weren't ready. Ask anyone they work with and see if they werent squared away when I was done with them. See you underestimate the training I have went through and my roots in general. Keep thinking you are better than I. We all know you are leaving so take your negative attitude with you. So be a man and tell everyone your name openly and name your date in Jan and I will gladly 56 since you are a seasoned vet. Anything other than that, I have no time for you. This is exactly what u desire. We all know who you are, we are just waiting for you to grow a pair and openly tell us who you are. See you in Jamuary if you grow them. You are the cancer that brings an agency down. Good riddance.

Unregistered
06-19-2016, 01:31 AM
Apparently someone has no idea what they are talking about and is intentionally stirring the shit. I'd be more than willing to 56 so we can have a discussion. It's easy to talk shit while signed in as unregistered, sign your name to it and name your place to 56. I think it's hilarious because what have I been given? Absolutely nothing. I drive an old car, I 65 my calls, I make my arrests, and write my reports. Yes I am FTOing but who else is gonna do it that actually gives a shit? That's why we have a bunch of guys who don't know anything because the FTO breezes them through to get them out of their car, and they end up being a walking liability. I hate that people think they deserve a participation award for time on. Put some effort into what you do and see if you obtain your goals. If your answer is "I have or I did" you obviously weren't working hard enough. Sign your name to your response and name a 56 so we can discuss this face to face. Oh and P.S. K9-4 and I were both selected as 1 of 6 regional officers of the year of an almost 900 sworn agency during our career with the state.... The walls def weren't closing in.

First of all the awards you got from your previous agency wasn't deserved from the way I here it. Also I have heard they wouldn't be willing to hire you back because of your actions there. Go ahead and act tuff about your 8 yrs in LE, we all know most of those were spent not Getting any real LE experiences. You are kissing butt hear just like you did at your previous job. You don't earn things, neither of you do, you are what's wrong with the youth these days. Want everything handed to you on a silver platter and not earning it...

Unregistered
06-19-2016, 02:04 AM
Let's be clear, I have 8 years in LE. And I have held back 2 out of the 3 I have trained because they weren't ready. Ask anyone they work with and see if they werent squared away when I was done with them. See you underestimate the training I have went through and my roots in general. Keep thinking you are better than I. We all know you are leaving so take your negative attitude with you. So be a man and tell everyone your name openly and name your date in Jan and I will gladly 56 since you are a seasoned vet. Anything other than that, I have no time for you. This is exactly what u desire. We all know who you are, we are just waiting for you to grow a pair and openly tell us who you are. See you in Jamuary if you grow them. You are the cancer that brings an agency down. Good riddance.

I dont think you are talking to one person on this thread. Call who you think it is if you are set on finding out. If people are leaving I would assume they wouldnt care about what is going on. Just some advice. Dont let these people running for sheriff and their supporters cause stress between deputies. That is probably their intention especially because it is anonymous.

Unregistered
06-19-2016, 01:57 PM
Thanks for hijacking my thread. I wasn't gonna reply to anything until tomorrow, but y'all are goin off. 177, I don't know you or much about where you came from, but you're there now and it is what it is. Do your job and do it with excellence and don't get caught up in the drama. It doesn't matter if you've been there 10 months or 10 years. Just do your thing
I can assure you that of the people involved in the Garcia campaign camp, I'm the only one posting here. There's absolutely no point in any of us stirring the pot trying to cause dissension among the deputies. Ricky and I are coming in with open minds and nothing but the best intentions for the agency and personnel.
Now, y'all need to stop messing with each other. The current administration has created these issues. Right or wrong, agree or disagree, what's done is done and y'all need to stick together. Just hang tough for a couple more months. Then the HCSO will be a professional agency that y'all can be proud of and excited to work for

Unregistered
06-20-2016, 09:12 PM
So what does the Chief really have over the Sheriff. It's common knowledge that the Sheriff cannot $hit without asking the Chief if he could. You had a decent relationship at one time, so I'm sure he confided in you on the lobster excursions.

Another great question. Steve has never spoken to me about any of that, and I don’t know anyone who knows the whole story. I have assembled enough bits and pieces of the story to come to the following conclusion: The Harrelles supported Kevin prior to his primary loss to Ronnie Lee in 2008. Shortly thereafter, the Harrelles and Kevin supported Steve. I believe that making a deal with Steve was the only way they could get rid of Ronnie and get Kevin and Susan employed. At this point Steve is subservient to the Harrelles who support Kevin, and therefore Steve can’t get rid of Kevin and/or over rule him on certain issues. I don’t know if this was truth or smoke screen but I’ve heard Steve say that he can’t run the agency without Kevin. Steve is basically the front man, while Kevin runs the agency. This is my informed opinion.

Unregistered
06-20-2016, 09:40 PM
124 what is your take on the COPS and DUI unit?

Having never seen the COP grant, I don’t know what it does and does not allow for or how much it funds. I did come from an agency that had a large community policing unit made up of officers designated as Neighborhood Resource Officers. I believe it’s a solid program when properly funded and staffed. I’m just not currently in a position to make an analysis of the HCSO program.

As or the DUI unit, I don’t believe that they currently have one. Cameron is the only one designated as DUI enforcement, but it’s my understanding that he’s currently assigned to a shift. As for the grant, it is an overtime reimbursement only grant that requires the agency to maintain two full time deputies dedicated to DUI enforcement only. The grant does not pay the salaries of those deputies, and therefore takes two deputies off of the road. I know that the NHTSA didn’t fund the program with the Florida DOT (who administrates the grant) this year, so they’re probably not required to maintain those positions. The DUI enforcement Tahoe came with some stipulations, but that’s a whole other story. Basically keeping the DUI grant and DUI unit at this point is just a bragging tool for Steve, who has an inferiority complex about being as good as Palm Beach SO. You’ve all heard his propaganda speech about the accreditation.

Unregistered
06-21-2016, 02:00 AM
124 since you brought up accreditation, what are your thoughts on that. Is it worth the time, effort and money?

Unregistered
06-21-2016, 06:32 AM
Do you plan to create any specialty units?

Unregistered
06-21-2016, 04:43 PM
What is the first order of business if elected and what major policy changes?

Unregistered
06-21-2016, 06:09 PM
124 since you brought up accreditation, what are your thoughts on that. Is it worth the time, effort and money?

I came from an accredited agency, but that was a large agency with a big healthy budget. That agency also has a small team of LE personnel who manage the accreditation compliance. As for a small agency with an “every dollar counts” budget, I don’t know that it’s a prudent use of funds. The accreditation is not terribly expensive, but when you factor in the accreditation compliance manager’s salary (not sworn LEO) and the time spent by the (LE personnel) administration to maintain the accreditation it does become a financial topic for debate.

Steve likes to brag that accreditation makes his agency just as good as Palm Beach SO and any other agency in the state, so basically it pacifies his inferiority complex. Having been through several mock assessments and eventually actual assessments with both my previous agency and the HCSO, I’ve found that the mocks are an opportunity for the assessors to rip the agency apart. When they come in for the actual assessment, they generally pass the agency with flying colors, despite obvious flaws. This is because if the agency fails they don’t get paid. To me that just calls into question the legitimacy of the whole process. Add to that the fact that under the current administration, agency policies are just a guideline and subject to change (or deletion in some cases), and I have to question the whole thing.

As you can tell, I have a bad taste in my mouth for Florida accreditation. However it does have benefits. This is a topic that will be heavily debated in January of 2017. Ask me this question again after that.

Unregistered
06-21-2016, 06:15 PM
Do you plan to create any specialty units?

Yes, but only after the road patrol division is brought back to full staffing. At this point I'd rather not discuss this issue too much. Don’t wanna give away too many good ideas. All I will say is that the specialty units will be good for the agency and great for the community

Unregistered
06-21-2016, 06:43 PM
What is the first order of business if elected and what major policy changes?

Reorganization is first and foremost. The current organizational structure clearly accomplishes two goals. First, it ensures that Kevin has his thumb on every function of the agency. Paranoia anyone? Second, it’s completely set up to glorify the resume of a certain Captain who doesn’t make any decisions without first consulting Kevin, and puts ranking members of the administration in meaningless positions.

Moving forward the agency will be streamlined, and experienced professionals will be charged with managing their respective divisions. The law enforcement standard for span of control will be adhered to, which will result in several useless positions being eliminated. Training will be paramount and conducted professionally throughout the agency.

As far as policies go, I believe that the majority of the policies are effective and professional. As they should be since they were plagiarized from professional agencies. Some will need minor changes, but for the most part they will be enforced uniformly among all members of the agency. Instead of the current method, where one deputy is disciplined for the same policy violation that is swept under the carpet for another.

Unregistered
06-21-2016, 11:27 PM
What plans or changes have you considered for the jail?

Unregistered
06-22-2016, 04:12 PM
What plans or changes have you considered for the jail?

Corrections is not my specialty. As I said in a previous post we will bring in an experienced professional who will be charged with running the jail as efficiently as possible. We have recently had conversations with highly experienced professionals in the corrections field. All of whom have great resumes and fantastic ideas. When the time comes we’ll have to make tough decision about which one is the best person for the job. That being said, I believe Capt. Bastys is doing a solid job with the assets with which he has to work.

I apologize for that answer, as it’s more of a deflection than an answer to the question. I won’t blow smoke or sling BS, and I’m just not prepared to discuss specifics on that topic at this point.

Unregistered
06-22-2016, 06:16 PM
Is it true, deputies ate watermelon on the side of the road. If so, were the hearts eaten out of them and then disposed of? 😉

Unregistered
06-22-2016, 07:45 PM
What was the highest rank that you achieved prior to coming to HCSO from the Cape. What qualifications do you have to qualify you for the position of the Chief Deputy.

Unregistered
06-22-2016, 08:37 PM
Is it true, deputies ate watermelon on the side of the road. If so, were the hearts eaten out of them and then disposed of? ��

Yes. True story. One of my favorite moments with one of my favorite deputies. I still have the pic to prove it.

Unregistered
06-22-2016, 09:44 PM
What was the highest rank that you achieved prior to coming to HCSO from the Cape. What qualifications do you have to qualify you for the position of the Chief Deputy.

I retired from the Cape Coral PD after twenty-one years, as the result of a pension “buy out”. I took a year off and started with the HCSO. During my time with the CCPD I worked as a patrol officer for nine years, narcotics detective for eleven years (four of that assigned to the DEA Task Force), and my final year as a detective in the major crimes unit. Also during that time, I spent fourteen years on the SWAT team. Needless to say I had a very well rounded career, and I loved every single day of those twenty-one years.

When I came to the HCSO, I worked as a patrol deputy for about four months. I spent almost three years as a patrol sergeant working Clewiston nights. I became a field trainer after being there only six weeks, and trained almost every new hire between 2010 and 2013. I was promoted to lieutenant and worked as the West District Commander for almost two years.

Now let’s back up a little. While I was at the CCPD, I was mentored throughout my career by Rob Petrovich (Ret. Chief of Police) who is and always will be a consummate professional. I consider Chief Petrovich to be my professional father. The man who made me the law enforcement professional I’ve become today. Prior to Petrovich, I was mentored by Arnold Gibbs (Ret. Chief of Police). Chief Gibbs is a man most highly respected for his untouchable morals and ethics, and for whom I would still to this day run through a brick wall. These are the professionals after whom I have molded myself, and my approach to leading a law enforcement agency. Strong proud men. With unquestioned integrity. While working as a lieutenant with the HCSO I frequently asked myself, while making difficult decisions, “What would Arnold Gibbs do”?

These are the things that qualify me to be the chief deputy at the HCSO. I could list off dozens of schools and training classes I’ve attended, but these are the things of which I’m most proud. I’ll compare my resume to those of the current sheriff and/or chief deputy prior to taking office with the HCSO any time. Finally, I’ll close with this. The current chief deputy has set the bar so low that I can assure I’ll be a drastic improvement from day one.

Unregistered
06-22-2016, 10:02 PM
Another difficult question for you. When you came to HCSO you noticed that there were obvious issues. I will concede that you attempted to change numerous things, but during your journey you had to know that you were unable to change Kevin's mind. If you did not have your disagreement that ultimately caused you to leave would you still be at HCSO even knowing that you were not in a position to make changes. Would you have continued to support the lack of proper leadership and direction? Ultimately would you still be 124 to this day or aspiring to be 102 someday under the current sheriff.

Amrak
06-22-2016, 11:04 PM
First of all the awards you got from your previous agency wasn't deserved from the way I here it. Also I have heard they wouldn't be willing to hire you back because of your actions there. Go ahead and act tuff about your 8 yrs in LE, we all know most of those were spent not Getting any real LE experiences. You are kissing butt hear just like you did at your previous job. You don't earn things, neither of you do, you are what's wrong with the youth these days. Want everything handed to you on a silver platter and not earning it...

Don't make the spelling and grammar police come back out.

Amrak
06-22-2016, 11:24 PM
Another difficult question for you. When you came to HCSO you noticed that there were obvious issues. I will concede that you attempted to change numerous things, but during your journey you had to know that you were unable to change Kevin's mind. If you did not have your disagreement that ultimately caused you to leave would you still be at HCSO even knowing that you were not in a position to make changes. Would you have continued to support the lack of proper leadership and direction? Ultimately would you still be 124 to this day or aspiring to be 102 someday under the current sheriff.

If you concede the guy attempted to make changes in the right direction, wasn't he doing the best he could from the position he had? When you try to guide your superiors to a better direction you're not supporting their bad leadership and direction, you're trying to steer them to a better direction. I would work for a guy like that anytime and wouldn't consider him as part of the negative, but an agent for improvement. Because he is where he is now pretty much shows he wants to right a listing ship and get it back straight. Just MHO

Unregistered
06-22-2016, 11:32 PM
I got from your reply that the current administration is able to make changes for the better or recognize that changes were needed. I don't agree that they were thinking to better the agency by promoting 124. It goes against the good ole boy system. Don't confuse my comment as being against 124, rather as a way to promote quality debate.

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 12:50 AM

Thanks for the vote of confidence Amrak.

To answer the original question. No, I would not still be there, and there’s no way I would ever work for Steve in any capacity or under any circumstances. At the time I left I had already lost respect for Steve over his dirty deeds and terrible attitude toward the deputies. Actually the same terrible attitude that Kevin has always had toward the deputies. I realized very shortly after Captain Williams left that trying to reason with Kevin is an exercise in futility. I was still working very diligently to be the buffer between the Steve and Kevin and the deputies who worked for me. I promised several of them that I would not quit on them. As I said before, I knew that my days were numbered and that it was only a matter of time before Kevin got his way and I was gone. Although being previously retired put me in the unique position of being able to be comfortable pushing my luck, the stress was beginning to mount. After leaving, I realized just how much stress there was. Being away from that dysfunctional mess that Steve and Kevin have created was like a massive weight lifted from my chest.

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 12:46 PM
124, besides hating 101 and 102 what makes you stand behind Garcia? What does he bring to the table? Is there a difference in experience between Garcia running and 101's first time running? Last question for now, what is his long term goal for this agency, or what does he hope to accomplish that this admin has not?

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 09:57 PM
124, besides hating 101 and 102 what makes you stand behind Garcia? What does he bring to the table? Is there a difference in experience between Garcia running and 101's first time running? Last question for now, what is his long term goal for this agency, or what does he hope to accomplish that this admin has not?

Ok. That’s four questions and I’m going to have to answer them individually.

Please don’t mistake my criticism of Steve and Kevin for hatred. On a personal level, I have no beef with either one. Professionally speaking, I firmly believe that they are both horrendous leaders of law enforcement personnel. Kevin doesn’t have the ability to earn respect, and has to utilize fear in place of respect. I’ve worked under this type of tyrannical leadership in the past. It is morale crushing to the deputies, and always results in unhealthy animosity. Steve has followed Kevin’s lead with this style of leadership. Add to it the never ending list of dirty deeds committed by Steve and/or forced upon his deputies, and you have terrible leadership from the agency’s top two.

Ricky has had a lifelong passion for law enforcement, but waited until later in life to act on that passion. He comes from a large family of extremely successful businessmen, and has been successful running businesses on his own. He understands the need for top notch managers, and the process required to identify those managers. Ricky owes no favors, and therefore will not hire unqualified friends and/or family to lead his agency. Only the most experienced professionals will be brought in to run the three major departments of the agency (Corrections, Law Enforcement, and Administration). The current “buddy system” is a farce.

As for experience coming into the election. I think Ricky has a solid advantage over Steve. Steve had some investigations experience that Ricky doesn’t have. However, Ricky brings the business experience that Steve has never had. I believe that the business experience far outweighs any investigations experience. The sheriff should not be out conducting investigations anyway, and a sheriff’s office is in reality a business. The agency runs from a budget paid by the citizens of the community, who in turn are provided with law enforcement protection and services. Prior to being elected sheriff in 2008, Steve never managed a business or worked in a profession where the paychecks of employees depended on his success. He also never supervised anyone in the law enforcement profession. In my opinion: Advantage Ricky Garcia!
Last one. I have kind of touched on that answer in previous posts. It’s not so much a goal and as it is a mission. That mission is to change the whole culture of the agency, and make it something that the members of the agency and the community can be proud of. Right now it’s just “little ole Hendry County SO”, and with that mind set it always will be. It’s not ok to hire or promote your buddy or someone you owe a favor, if he/she is not the best person for the job. It’s not ok to sit back and say “we did a good enough job”. It’s not ok to prevent deputies from arresting your friends when they’ve broken the law. It’s never ok to settle for mediocrity. When Ricky was recruiting me for this endeavor, he told me that he wants every single member of the agency to “strive for perfection and if necessary settle for excellence”. I’ve always aspired to that sort of mind set, and his words inspired me. Now, I’ve spoken of the men who were my professional mentors in a recent post. Ricky is that kind of man and so am I, and those are the kind of professionals we are bringing in to mentor the young line supervisors and deputies. The young supervisors and deputies are the future of the agency, and most have never worked in professional agency. If they are allowed to continue on the path set by the current administration, the future will become a vicious cycle for unprofessionalism and mediocrity. Our mission is to break that cycle, and build the future of the agency through quality professional leadership, training, and recruiting. We will settle for nothing less.

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 10:17 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

That's all I have for a little while. I'll be on vacation and out of the country for the next 8 days. Please don't think that I've quit on you or lost interest. Maybe slow them down a little, but keep the questions coming. I’ll be back soon

Unregistered
06-24-2016, 12:33 AM
@124
I'm very impressed with your responses to the questions on this thread. You mention Garcia has always had a passion for law enforcement. Can you elaborate on what he did when he was employed at HCSO that showed that passion? It sounds like you and Garcia have a great vision for the future of the agency, but the community is going to want to hear what Garcia did while employed at HCSO.

Unregistered
07-05-2016, 12:49 PM
@124
I'm very impressed with your responses to the questions on this thread. You mention Garcia has always had a passion for law enforcement. Can you elaborate on what he did when he was employed at HCSO that showed that passion? It sounds like you and Garcia have a great vision for the future of the agency, but the community is going to want to hear what Garcia did while employed at HCSO.

Still waiting.

Unregistered
07-06-2016, 08:45 PM
What is your strategy for winning? Are you trying to surprise voters by not putting any signs out or attending events?

Unregistered
07-06-2016, 08:52 PM
@124

Ok, I’m back. For those of you who have not yet experienced them, I highly recommend the (all inclusive) Palace resorts in Cancun.

Getting back to business. To answer your question, I’ll start with the fact that Ricky left extremely profitable employment with his family business to pursue his dream job in law enforcement. Leaving an office job where he made his own schedule and had lavish lunches everyday with wealthy businessmen to work twelve hour shifts for peanuts takes a lot of heart and desire.

While working for the HCSO from 2010 to early 2016, Ricky was assigned to the road patrol division the entire time. He spent the first couple years working for me on a Clewiston night shift. He worked in Labelle for a while and was eventually assigned to the Pioneer and Ladeca communities as the Central County Deputy. Throughout his tenure with the agency Ricky worked the entire county, and from his position as a patrol deputy gained a good bit of experience in many areas of law enforcement. He successfully conducted and/or assisted with various investigations from Burglary and GTA to Agricultural crimes. Ricky quickly developed and utilized his ability to meet with the family of a suspect, gain their trust, and enlist their assistance in solving crimes. Even after leaving the agency, Ricky has received several calls from HCSO detectives who ask him for help locating certain individuals. In my opinion his strongest asset as a deputy is his ability to sit down with anyone in any situation and leave with a friend. Even in communities where law enforcement is just not trusted. I believe that ability comes from his business background, where he learned to treat everyone with the respect he would give to any client.

To sum it all up. While Ricky may lack an extensive law enforcement career, he does have a very diverse career and conducts himself with the confidence of a seasoned veteran.

Unregistered
07-06-2016, 09:10 PM
What is your strategy for winning? Are you trying to surprise voters by not putting any signs out or attending events?

No sarcasm there… Ricky has attended all the festivals, candidate meet and greets, and community public forums. I don’t know where you’re coming from with that portion of the question. As for signs. Don’t worry, they’re coming very soon. Ricky isn’t under the same time crunch as Steve because he doesn’t have to campaign for the primary election on August 30th. The Garcia campaign is being professionally run in a very strategic manner and on a strategic time line. No need to blow up now and fizzle out before the general election in November.

Amrak
07-06-2016, 10:03 PM
In business and in Government the best leaders are always those who choose to surround themselves with the best people in their individual fields. From Ronald Reagan to Bill Gates, no one man can be an expert in all fields so they chose the right people to surround themselves with. A good leader is an organizer of people that picks his subordinate leaders for their individual abilities in their own given fields.

The problem of most law enforcement agencies today is that instead of choosing their managers from merit, job knowledge, and ability to inspire and lead their fellow officers they all too often have been chosen through methods that did nothing to recognize their abilities to lead. Many are chosen for their education, personality, or test taking ability. We all know people that are piss-poor supervisors that studied and furthered their educations at the expense of their actual jobs, or those that constantly pressed flesh and kissed ass to make connections to got promoted. Once there, supervisors are damned near impossible to remove. How many times have you seen supervisors screw up and get promoted? All too much I would submit.

In my three decades of law enforcement I've seen excellent cops be terrible Chiefs or Sheriffs. I've seen cops that were mediocre on the streets become excellent leaders of agencies. I want a leader that has a big vision of the big picture. I want a leader that knows how to talk to people, gain their confidence, and earn support and loyalty of their own people and communities without making backroom deals and relying on the "buddy system". I'll take a successful businessman with a passion for law enforcement every time before a career cop who has thrived in the way of the back room deals, cover ups for friends, and treachery of the good 'ol boy system. Hendry County deserves much better than they have had for Sheriffs.

Unregistered
07-14-2016, 06:19 PM
To this 124 character,

When can we meet your candidate for a meet and greet ? Can we meet him in a personal setting and talk openly? Will RG challenge Georgia's sweetest peach to a debate or open forum? What chance do you think you have of winning?

Unregistered
07-19-2016, 09:44 PM
Not much being posted on here. This must be the calm before the storm (Hurricane Karma).

Amrak
07-20-2016, 11:03 PM
Hurricane season starts soon...

Unregistered
07-21-2016, 07:11 AM
Was the Garcia campaign responsible for the "Sheriff Whidden is a racist" signs located in Harlem and near Edison Ave. In LaBelle?

Unregistered
07-21-2016, 11:44 AM
This is not a sycophantic comment, but my honest anecdotes and opinion on you two. I was going to keep silent, but I've never considered myself a part of what one might like to call the 'Castrato Brigade'. The reason why I have decided to share my comment here is because I don't have a way to speak to you both directly. Also, maybe this might help others understand who 124 and Ricky are from somebody who isn't asking for favors, much less any attention from them. I apologise if if this detracts from your topic in anyway, 124. Hopefully you can still parse down my intentions in so far as to write this in as much of a palatable format as I possibly could.

During my time with the HCSO I had the honor to work along the side both of you. Unfortunately, I never had the chance to express how much you had influenced the way I thought not only as a DS, but also as who I am as a person. I value every one of my FTOs and I took away tidbits from each person on how and how not to conduct my job.

Ricky was one of the few Deputies that had a great rapport with communities such as Harlem. I remember him always getting out of his vehicle talking to the residents even when not on calls. We are in an era of community policing, it seems like some cops are more interested in staying inside their comfort zone; ie patrol car instead. On calls he was always building his relationship with people to get information. He was genuinely interested in problem solving and creating amiable situations for all parties and not just squashing calls. I distinctly remember driving by one day and seeing him playing cards with what I thought were strangers. To me that shows that he cared about the area he patrolled and he was proactively building trust in those people. I had not really seen anything like that in any agency I had been apart of(not to say that others didn't do that). I've seen some cops have a hard time or flat out refuse to try to understand certain cultures that they may not be used to. Usually LE from those communities have a better time relating to them. Ricky carried himself in a way like he was grew up in that community and understood the intricacies there. I had been on calls with him where tensions were high and defusing them was the first thing he focused on with much success. While I'm not aware of Hendry County LE having any distrust with the black community and hispanic community, I have no doubt he can relate to them as I saw him do so in the past. He was one person I tried to model myself after to get the tools I needed to be an effective cop. He gave me advice when I was training and seemingly took interest in me even though I wasn't his FTO or responsibility. He taught me various ways to safely conduct my job while keeping officer safety as a top priority.

I was told that one day that I may develop an admiration for a person(s) that I wanted to be. One of those exceptional people is 124. I've heard many cops state ad nauseum that gone are the days of the brotherhood in LE. 124 was one of the few people that I saw where the brotherhood was still alive. He was a fair and honest person who didn't obfuscate any issue that I had as a trainee. While he stated he stated to me that wasn't fawn of being an FTO, he was easily one of my most helpful and effective trainers I had. I had gone in thinking that I was bulletproof with no weakness and I quickly learned that I had a lot to improve on. He taught me ways on how to speak to people in a way to not be passive, but yet still maintain every standard of professionalism you would expect an LEO to act. He was fair to the people on his shift and had a strong bond between everybody. His shift routinely made the most proactive arrests. To show how effective his shift was, even the people who were trainees then made that month's most arrests. The fruit that fell from his shift then went on to become outstanding cops. He is also another person at HCSO that had a great understanding of the communities. He diligently took his time to make sure that not only were the people on his shift were doing their job, but that their reports and follow ups were done with the utmost accuracy and timeliness.

There are a few people that were truly awe inspiring in my time in LE and from those few I can say with confidence it is hard to imagine anybody more qualified than Ricky and 124 to be Sheriff and Chief.

Cheers.

Unregistered
07-21-2016, 09:18 PM
Was the Garcia campaign responsible for the "Sheriff Whidden is a racist" signs located in Harlem and near Edison Ave. In LaBelle?

Absolutely not! I do have to laugh at Steve jumping to baseless conclusions, without a shred of evidence though. Just like his version of law enforcement, evidence is irrelevant and he will do whatever works best for himself. In this case its crying foul and pointing at his finger at the Ricky. Steve is the consummate victim.

Unregistered
07-21-2016, 09:41 PM
This is not a sycophantic comment, but my honest anecdotes and opinion on you two. I was going to keep silent, but I've never considered myself a part of what one might like to call the 'Castrato Brigade'. The reason why I have decided to share my comment here is because I don't have a way to speak to you both directly. Also, maybe this might help others understand who 124 and Ricky are from somebody who isn't asking for favors, much less any attention from them. I apologise if if this detracts from your topic in anyway, 124. Hopefully you can still parse down my intentions in so far as to write this in as much of a palatable format as I possibly could.

During my time with the HCSO I had the honor to work along the side both of you. Unfortunately, I never had the chance to express how much you had influenced the way I thought not only as a DS, but also as who I am as a person. I value every one of my FTOs and I took away tidbits from each person on how and how not to conduct my job.

Ricky was one of the few Deputies that had a great rapport with communities such as Harlem. I remember him always getting out of his vehicle talking to the residents even when not on calls. We are in an era of community policing, it seems like some cops are more interested in staying inside their comfort zone; ie patrol car instead. On calls he was always building his relationship with people to get information. He was genuinely interested in problem solving and creating amiable situations for all parties and not just squashing calls. I distinctly remember driving by one day and seeing him playing cards with what I thought were strangers. To me that shows that he cared about the area he patrolled and he was proactively building trust in those people. I had not really seen anything like that in any agency I had been apart of(not to say that others didn't do that). I've seen some cops have a hard time or flat out refuse to try to understand certain cultures that they may not be used to. Usually LE from those communities have a better time relating to them. Ricky carried himself in a way like he was grew up in that community and understood the intricacies there. I had been on calls with him where tensions were high and defusing them was the first thing he focused on with much success. While I'm not aware of Hendry County LE having any distrust with the black community and hispanic community, I have no doubt he can relate to them as I saw him do so in the past. He was one person I tried to model myself after to get the tools I needed to be an effective cop. He gave me advice when I was training and seemingly took interest in me even though I wasn't his FTO or responsibility. He taught me various ways to safely conduct my job while keeping officer safety as a top priority.

I was told that one day that I may develop an admiration for a person(s) that I wanted to be. One of those exceptional people is 124. I've heard many cops state ad nauseum that gone are the days of the brotherhood in LE. 124 was one of the few people that I saw where the brotherhood was still alive. He was a fair and honest person who didn't obfuscate any issue that I had as a trainee. While he stated he stated to me that wasn't fawn of being an FTO, he was easily one of my most helpful and effective trainers I had. I had gone in thinking that I was bulletproof with no weakness and I quickly learned that I had a lot to improve on. He taught me ways on how to speak to people in a way to not be passive, but yet still maintain every standard of professionalism you would expect an LEO to act. He was fair to the people on his shift and had a strong bond between everybody. His shift routinely made the most proactive arrests. To show how effective his shift was, even the people who were trainees then made that month's most arrests. The fruit that fell from his shift then went on to become outstanding cops. He is also another person at HCSO that had a great understanding of the communities. He diligently took his time to make sure that not only were the people on his shift were doing their job, but that their reports and follow ups were done with the utmost accuracy and timeliness.

There are a few people that were truly awe inspiring in my time in LE and from those few I can say with confidence it is hard to imagine anybody more qualified than Ricky and 124 to be Sheriff and Chief.

Cheers.

Thank you my friend. Training was sometimes a tedious task and occasionally a fantastic experience. It all depended on the deputy in training. I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent working with you, both as a trainee and a deputy. You took the jokes and rookie harassment in stride and gave it back when appropriate. You have and will always be welcome on my shift.
I hope your new endeavor is going well, and thank you again for the flattery.

Unregistered
07-21-2016, 10:53 PM

Considering the guy is known almost exclusively for inappropriate behavior this is pretty funny. Plenty of possibilities. Maybe the other candidate he faces in the primary did it. Oh but I guess he can't come out and say that lest he show how he lives up to the accusations, right. Or maybe his personal history of bad behavior has caught up with him in the public eye and citizens are taking action. Everyone knows the list of hendry citizens who have received racist or otherwise inappropriate jokes from his email account(s) is a virtual who's who about town. Plenty of opportunities for people to see that. Most likely possibility, guessing he probably did it himself to look like a victim. Either way hope he stops whining about what he made for himself. No one likes a crybaby.

Unregistered
07-22-2016, 01:52 AM
What Sheriff has anyone ever heard of that takes a sign and post it on facebook crying about something that was said about them? The answer to that riddle is none ladies and gents. Classless, like someone else said on this post. Play the victim like a typical democrat.

Unregistered
07-22-2016, 03:35 AM
Absolutely not! I do have to laugh at Steve jumping to baseless conclusions, without a shred of evidence though. Just like his version of law enforcement, evidence is irrelevant and he will do whatever works best for himself. In this case its crying foul and pointing at his finger at the Ricky. Steve is the consummate victim.

I did not think so, but when I want to know something I try to go to the source therefore I had to ask. I know you are smarter than that. I believe it was the sheriff or one of his supporters. Whoever did it even used Ricky's sign colors. I do remember a similar incident in an election against Ronnie Lee, where one of Steve's signs was graffittied and damaged; it looked like the other campaign was playing dirty. I was surprised later to find out it who did it, by then the election was over. I am afraid I have no proof, and my memory is not what it used to be, so I will not name names. Needless to say, it helped him more than it hurt him then and may do so again. I can't help but wonder how the investigation to find the true suspect is going. Be careful.

Unregistered
07-22-2016, 05:22 PM
Would he assign one of the crack detective s from his agency??? If so one things for sure, that s#%@ will never be solved. No, probably not they are busy with yeti - oopps homicides. Maybe Stevens can handle it if hes not too busy working as an unlicensed PI.

Unregistered
07-23-2016, 01:13 AM
Stevens is too busy changing oil, somehow he got that business deal while qorking for the Sheriff Office. Weird.

Unregistered
07-25-2016, 04:12 PM
Alright ladies and gentlemen, let's get this thread back on track. Apparently I have sufficiently painted a picture of the future, and y'all have run out of questions. What about the past tho? I'm sure y'all have questions about some of the things that Lloyd and Harry... I mean Steve and Kevin have done over the past couple years that left you shaking your heads. I gave y'all the real story of Simeon's separation, but that can't be the only question y'all have about the last few years.

(Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne). Just in case you didn't get the reference. Google it!

Unregistered
07-26-2016, 01:11 AM
What is the story behind the girl who was let go that came from Dept. Of Children and Families ? By story, I mean how did she get her job, because she led on alot about knowing 102 from her previous job.

Unregistered
07-26-2016, 01:13 AM
What happened to Cpt. DW, it seemed his role was short lived ?

Unregistered
07-26-2016, 12:49 PM
Why did they have a night Lt. And then not fill the position after you were fired? Will they fill it again?

Unregistered
07-26-2016, 06:51 PM
Well I am about to grab some popcorn. I myself have asked these questions too.

Unregistered
07-26-2016, 07:42 PM
What is the story behind the girl who was let go that came from Dept. Of Children and Families ? By story, I mean how did she get her job, because she led on alot about knowing 102 from her previous job.

Boom! The Allison Bennet question. I’m sure sphincters are puckering around the main office waiting on this answer. So here it is…

I don’t want to get into the specifics of what precipitated all of that, as it involves the personal matters of people who are not involved with the HCSO. Basically Kevin threw his (professional) weight around with DCF trying to get a favorable outcome to the above mentioned personal matter. In doing so he got Bennett fired, and opened himself up to an ethics investigation and possibly some unfavorable civil penalties. The star witnesses in those issues where Bennett and Sgt. Woods (I’ll elaborate on that in my answer to another question). Out of guilt for her termination, and in attempt to keep her mouth under control, Kevin had to hire Bennett. I personally don’t believe that she went through an interview process, although it is possible that Kevin violated his own policy and created a “down low” interview process just for her. I believe that having spent some time around her, Kevin knew that she very likely would never pass a polygraph or psych evaluation, so she was hired without either being done. In the hall way outside of the Patsy’s office I asked Kevin about that. He looked me dead in the eyes and told me that “everyone takes a poly and psych”. I smiled and walked away, because Bennet had already told me that she didn’t have to take either of those because Kevin vouched for her.

It only got worse from there. Bennet was bombing field training because she was either a sprayed roach or passed out sleeping on duty. On the first day of her CID rotation, Bennet showed up wired and a mess. Her behavior was so erratic that morning that Morales sent her home. I believe that was a Thursday morning. The following Monday I found that she was shadowing Gaydash at Labelle Middle School. Kevin told me that she needed some time to get herself together and that that she was absolutely going to have to finish the FTO program. Two weeks later I found out that Gaydash was writing Daily Observation Reports on Bennett and that she was finishing her field training in the school, because she was hired as an SRO. So basically Kevin had again lied to me about Bennett. Shortly thereafter, even Gaydash could no longer deal with Bennett’s erratic behavior and she was finally terminated. Anyone who trained her has a horror story about her. Just ask around.

I personally handed Kevin the incomplete FTO file for Bennett when she was terminated. I understand that a couple months ago FLDE asked for that file, but no-one could find it. Coincidence? Nah!

Unregistered
07-26-2016, 08:03 PM
What happened to Cpt. DW, it seemed his role was short lived ?

I’m so proud of y’all. These questions are absolutely on point.

Captain Williams was in a similar situation to mine. Being already retired from another agency gives you the ability to do the right thing, even when you know you’re gonna pay for it later. Captain Williams was doing just that. Fighting for his deputies and always doing the right thing for them. Unfortunately that got him sideways with Kevin pretty regularly. Shortly before he left, Kevin summoned Captain Williams, myself, and Shawn Reed to his office so he could write Shawn a reprimand for something that he had not done, and personally give it to him in front of us (I can assure you that was never going to happen). On that morning, only Capt. Williams and I showed up. When we explained to Kevin that Shawn had not done what he was accusing him of and that it was inappropriate and disrespectful for him to write my subordinate a reprimand, things got ugly. Capt. Williams told Kevin all about his a$$ in no uncertain terms. I probably should have excused myself at that point but, I was enjoying it way too much.

It took Kevin a couple months after that to convince Steve that Capt. Williams was a problem. Once he got Steve convinced, they tried to demote Capt. Williams to Lieutenant and move him back to the court house. Capt. Williams saw that for what it was and was not going to bend over and take it. Subsequently, he again retired and left on his own terms.

Unregistered
07-26-2016, 09:05 PM
Why did they have a night Lt. And then not fill the position after you were fired? Will they fill it again?

In answering this one, I’ll refer you back the Bennett answer. Sgt. Woods was the other witness in that situation, and was in a position to cause Kevin a considerable amount of grief. If you recall, Sgt. Woods was about to be hired by the State Fire Marshal’s Office, and I believe was only waiting on a hire date. When Kevin and Steve became aware of that situation, Kevin needed to do something to keep control of Sgt. Woods’ mouth. So, he promoted him to Lieutenant and created a position for him. If the SOP still exists, you should look at it. The job description is basically “respond to priority calls and report to the chain of command”. In doing so, Kevin effectively maintained control over Josh’s mouth.

My favorite part of about the whole thing is this. Lt. Woods was promoted on a Friday morning, and was seen in supply being issued his Lieutenant’s bars and badge that morning. I received a phone call in reference to that promotion that same morning. Later that afternoon, Lt Angell and I had a meeting with Kevin at the Clewiston Sub-station. After a two hour meeting, and as I was preparing to walk out the door I stopped and asked Kevin if there was anything else we needed to know, as he had never mentioned the promotion. Kevin told that there was nothing else. Again, I smiled and walked away because I knew that I had just been lied to. By Sunday morning, the rumor of Josh’s promotion had spread around, and Lt. Angell straight up asked Kevin about it. That afternoon we all got an email about an emergency staff meeting the following morning. At that meeting Steve announced Josh’s promotion and gave us all the BS story about why it was done, and why it was kept quiet, blah blah blah!

As for filling that position again in the future, I heard that Shawn was being considered for the job because he had stumbled into a situation that could cause Steve some grief. According to Shawn, Steve actually came to his house and told him that he was going to find a way to promote him. Fortunately for them both, Lt. Angell left and facilitated that promotion. Despite the fact that Olvera had already been tagged as the next Lieutenant. So to answer the question, the night time lieutenant’s position will not be filled. Unless Steve or Kevin need to reward someone for their silence.

Unregistered
07-26-2016, 09:20 PM
(I am now eating popcorn)

Unregistered
07-26-2016, 09:43 PM
Had to pullover and read this. It was that good. WOW!

Unregistered
07-26-2016, 10:15 PM
Speaking of ethics, it is rumored that Chad Pelham is returning to HCSO as a SGT? From what I remember he was forced to resign over some allegations years ago, but now he gets to come back with a clean slate? What are your thoughts 124 about someone like this returning to the agency?

Unregistered
07-26-2016, 10:37 PM
I’m so proud of y’all. These questions are absolutely on point.

Captain Williams was in a similar situation to mine. Being already retired from another agency gives you the ability to do the right thing, even when you know you’re gonna pay for it later. Captain Williams was doing just that. Fighting for his deputies and always doing the right thing for them. Unfortunately that got him sideways with Kevin pretty regularly. Shortly before he left, Kevin summoned Captain Williams, myself, and Shawn Reed to his office so he could write Shawn a reprimand for something that he had not done, and personally give it to him in front of us (I can assure you that was never going to happen). On that morning, only Capt. Williams and I showed up. When we explained to Kevin that Shawn had not done what he was accusing him of and that it was inappropriate and disrespectful for him to write my subordinate a reprimand, things got ugly. Capt. Williams told Kevin all about his a$$ in no uncertain terms. I probably should have excused myself at that point but, I was enjoying it way too much.

It took Kevin a couple months after that to convince Steve that Capt. Williams was a problem. Once he got Steve convinced, they tried to demote Capt. Williams to Lieutenant and move him back to the court house. Capt. Williams saw that for what it was and was not going to bend over and take it. Subsequently, he again retired and left on his own terms.

Very believable. These two have a long history of kevin explaining to steve how to act and steve slowly falling in. Mostly. But what could anyone expect considering hes fairly short (no pun intended) on IQ points and kevin loves to pretend hes the mastermind genius making the magic happen. What would the little guy be without him, right. Both of them attempting to hide incompetence. Steve behind kevin and his own general buffoonery and kevin behind those heinous teeth and shady deeds.

What ever happened to slade?

Unregistered
07-27-2016, 01:38 AM
In answering this one, I’ll refer you back the Bennett answer. Sgt. Woods was the other witness in that situation, and was in a position to cause Kevin a considerable amount of grief. If you recall, Sgt. Woods was about to be hired by the State Fire Marshal’s Office, and I believe was only waiting on a hire date. When Kevin and Steve became aware of that situation, Kevin needed to do something to keep control of Sgt. Woods’ mouth. So, he promoted him to Lieutenant and created a position for him. If the SOP still exists, you should look at it. The job description is basically “respond to priority calls and report to the chain of command”. In doing so, Kevin effectively maintained control over Josh’s mouth.

My favorite part of about the whole thing is this. Lt. Woods was promoted on a Friday morning, and was seen in supply being issued his Lieutenant’s bars and badge that morning. I received a phone call in reference to that promotion that same morning. Later that afternoon, Lt Angell and I had a meeting with Kevin at the Clewiston Sub-station. After a two hour meeting, and as I was preparing to walk out the door I stopped and asked Kevin if there was anything else we needed to know, as he had never mentioned the promotion. Kevin told that there was nothing else. Again, I smiled and walked away because I knew that I had just been lied to. By Sunday morning, the rumor of Josh’s promotion had spread around, and Lt. Angell straight up asked Kevin about it. That afternoon we all got an email about an emergency staff meeting the following morning. At that meeting Steve announced Josh’s promotion and gave us all the BS story about why it was done, and why it was kept quiet, blah blah blah!

As for filling that position again in the future, I heard that Shawn was being considered for the job because he had stumbled into a situation that could cause Steve some grief. According to Shawn, Steve actually came to his house and told him that he was going to find a way to promote him. Fortunately for them both, Lt. Angell left and facilitated that promotion. Despite the fact that Olvera had already been tagged as the next Lieutenant. So to answer the question, the night time lieutenant’s position will not be filled. Unless Steve or Kevin need to reward someone for their silence.

What was the "situation" that gave Shawn the edge?

Unregistered
07-27-2016, 12:29 PM
What was the situation with Gaydash? Heard she had a drinking problem.

Unregistered
07-27-2016, 01:27 PM
Quote: What ever happened to slade?

As I said when I started this thread. I won’t blow smoke, and if I don’t know something I will tell you that I don’t know it. This is one of those situations. I never worked with Slade, or spent much time around him. By the time I came to Labelle as the lieutenant he was already working as an SRO. I really don’t know the guy. As I recall he resigned to go be a truck driver or something. Working for Susan will make you do things like that, I guess.

Unregistered
07-27-2016, 01:40 PM

That happened after I left and I don’t know the details. It had something to do with a hit and run involving one of Steve’s buddies. Apparently Steve wouldn’t let the deputies arrest the guy. I heard that Steve was sweating that one for a while. Steve even called me completely out of the blue to ask me why I was asking questions about it. I hadn’t been asking anything about it as that’s just typical behavior for Steve. You know tickets, DUI, domestic violence, all the things that get people in trouble unless they have Steve on speed dial. SMH.

Unregistered
07-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Quote: What was the situation with Gaydash? Heard she had a drinking problem.

Another one I don’t know much about. I do know that she left Lee County SO after a DUI arrest, which was apparently the final straw in a long list of alcohol related problems. At the HCSO I heard all the stories about her going on explorer weekend trips and getting “fall down drunk”. As for her final demise, I have no clue. Anything that happened with the SRO unit has always been strictly contained. Kevin treats it like a top secret special forces unit. I can only guess that’s because he runs the unit, but wants it to appear that Susan is in charge. Another SMH.

Unregistered
07-27-2016, 02:06 PM
I think everyone is puzzled on how the guy that has bars embroidered on his polos became Lt. What is more surprising is he stays one under his Captain that runs through TL's on the SERT team like socks. His two sgt's and his detectives talk about how he knows nothing and is spineless.

Unregistered
07-27-2016, 02:20 PM
Boom! The Allison Bennet question. I’m sure sphincters are puckering around the main office waiting on this answer. So here it is…

I don’t want to get into the specifics of what precipitated all of that, as it involves the personal matters of people who are not involved with the HCSO. Basically Kevin threw his (professional) weight around with DCF trying to get a favorable outcome to the above mentioned personal matter. In doing so he got Bennett fired, and opened himself up to an ethics investigation and possibly some unfavorable civil penalties. The star witnesses in those issues where Bennett and Sgt. Woods (I’ll elaborate on that in my answer to another question). Out of guilt for her termination, and in attempt to keep her mouth under control, Kevin had to hire Bennett. I personally don’t believe that she went through an interview process, although it is possible that Kevin violated his own policy and created a “down low” interview process just for her. I believe that having spent some time around her, Kevin knew that she very likely would never pass a polygraph or psych evaluation, so she was hired without either being done. In the hall way outside of the Patsy’s office I asked Kevin about that. He looked me dead in the eyes and told me that “everyone takes a poly and psych”. I smiled and walked away, because Bennet had already told me that she didn’t have to take either of those because Kevin vouched for her.

It only got worse from there. Bennet was bombing field training because she was either a sprayed roach or passed out sleeping on duty. On the first day of her CID rotation, Bennet showed up wired and a mess. Her behavior was so erratic that morning that Morales sent her home. I believe that was a Thursday morning. The following Monday I found that she was shadowing Gaydash at Labelle Middle School. Kevin told me that she needed some time to get herself together and that that she was absolutely going to have to finish the FTO program. Two weeks later I found out that Gaydash was writing Daily Observation Reports on Bennett and that she was finishing her field training in the school, because she was hired as an SRO. So basically Kevin had again lied to me about Bennett. Shortly thereafter, even Gaydash could no longer deal with Bennett’s erratic behavior and she was finally terminated. Anyone who trained her has a horror story about her. Just ask around.

I personally handed Kevin the incomplete FTO file for Bennett when she was terminated. I understand that a couple months ago FLDE asked for that file, but no-one could find it. Coincidence? Nah!

I am sure there are other names that failed FTO or would have if not saved by an admin. Can you think of any?

Amrak
07-27-2016, 04:47 PM
As someone that worked with Gaydash and DW at LCSO I can firstly say Gaydash' personal life is a train wreck. I should also add that 124 is 100% on target when he said DW is an honorable professional that Sheriff Whidden couldn't control. DW ran a good ship at LCSO and while I didn't work directly for him at any time his reputation was impeccable.

Unregistered
07-27-2016, 07:34 PM

That happened after I left and I don’t know the details. It had something to do with a hit and run involving one of Steve’s buddies. Apparently Steve wouldn’t let the deputies arrest the guy. I heard that Steve was sweating that one for a while. Steve even called me completely out of the blue to ask me why I was asking questions about it. I hadn’t been asking anything about it as that’s just typical behavior for Steve. You know tickets, DUI, domestic violence, all the things that get people in trouble unless they have Steve on speed dial. SMH.

The ticket fixing is a long known problem and its easy to see the political favors in action there. But speaking of the other matters, whats with the domestic violence issue? Why can't steve figure that process out? Statute is pretty clear. Why does hendry have such high rates of dv and sexual assault that cant be prosecuted? Is that coincidence or does his overall negative and stereotyped views towards women play a role in how these cases are handled the same way his attitudes towards Hispanics do? Its seems as though a picture of crooked hillbilly good ole boy democrats is becoming obvious to people. Any thoughts or examples on how steve and kevin administer processes in the department that directly impact the public in this way? What's being done to correct these problems under your watch 124?

Unregistered
07-28-2016, 02:30 AM
124, Just curious as to what Garcia and you would do to improve the Communications Center? I've been told that they are running on a skeleton shift and a lot of their EMD (Emergency Medical) licenses have been expired for quite some time. This a promise that good ol peaches stated he would have up and running but the lack of attention that is given to the communications center has profoundly effected this department. Communications is the heart of the Agency when will they start being treated as such? I've been told they have had a horrible turn over and can't seem to keep Dispatchers?

Unregistered
07-28-2016, 03:07 PM
Quote: I think everyone is puzzled on how the guy that has bars embroidered on his polos became Lt. What is more surprising is he stays one under his Captain that runs through TL's on the SERT team like socks. His two sgt's and his detectives talk about how he knows nothing and is spineless.

Seems to me that you have a pretty fair assessment of the situation.

Unregistered
07-28-2016, 03:16 PM
Quote: I am sure there are other names that failed FTO or would have if not saved by an admin. Can you think of any?

As the FTO program was passed from Angell to me to Harney, I think we did a pretty good job of weeding out the people who “just don’t have it”. Kevin intentionally gave the FTO program to Josh, knowing that he had control over him. Since then I can only think of one who slipped through the cracks. I won’t call him by name as it’s not his fault, but he failed his first shot at FTO, worked in dispatch for a while, and is now an SRO.

Unregistered
07-28-2016, 03:45 PM
Quote: The ticket fixing is a long known problem and its easy to see the political favors in action there. But speaking of the other matters, whats with the domestic violence issue? Why can't steve figure that process out? Statute is pretty clear. Why does hendry have such high rates of dv and sexual assault that cant be prosecuted? Is that coincidence or does his overall negative and stereotyped views towards women play a role in how these cases are handled the same way his attitudes towards Hispanics do? Its seems as though a picture of crooked hillbilly good ole boy democrats is becoming obvious to people. Any thoughts or examples on how steve and kevin administer processes in the department that directly impact the public in this way? What's being done to correct these problems under your watch 124?

That’s a whole bunch of questions. Most of which appear to be rhetorical, so I’ll offer this explanation. Steve has created a situation where two very separate sets of laws exist in Hendry County. The Florida State Statutes that apply to most people, and then his own personal interpretation of those statutes that apply to his family, friends, supporters, and their families. For the special people, Steve keeps using the argument that he refused to allow a person to be arrested because he was saving the deputy from “making a bad arrest”. I’ve heard that BS story from him way too many times. This is also part of the problem getting those cases prosecuted, because of the lack of law enforcement cooperation and unprofessionalism.

To remedy that situation, we first need to get Steve out of office. Moving forward, Ricky Garcia’s campaign is self-funded and he’s taken money from no-one and owes no favors. His campaign slogan “just for all, favors for none” speaks for itself. Ricky will ensure that the law is enforced equally for everyone. It is on me to change the culture and rehabilitate the professional relationship with the SAO. Bringing in the experienced professionals who will immediately begin to oversee the cases the agency puts together and sends to the SAO should drastically improve that ratio of cases prosecuted verses abandoned.

Unregistered
07-28-2016, 04:15 PM
124, Just curious as to what Garcia and you would do to improve the Communications Center? I've been told that they are running on a skeleton shift and a lot of their EMD (Emergency Medical) licenses have been expired for quite some time. This a promise that good ol peaches stated he would have up and running but the lack of attention that is given to the communications center has profoundly effected this department. Communications is the heart of the Agency when will they start being treated as such? I've been told they have had a horrible turn over and can't seem to keep Dispatchers?

I was curious why this question hasn’t come up sooner. Before I left I fought to get changes made in communication, for both the dispatchers and the deputies. Kevin consistently warned me to “keep out of other people’s departments”. He was referring to Harrelle, who we all know is a puppet. Kevin runs dispatch in her name, just as he does SRO, PIO, and everything else assigned to her.

My plan is to return the misappropriated communications positions back to communications, and thereby return it to functional staffing. I’d like to see minimum staffing become three (3). One dispatcher for each district, and one 911 call taker. Ideally there should be a fourth dispatcher to handle Fire/EMS duties. Shortly after I accepted the lieutenant’s position in Labelle, I proposed a 12 hour shift rotation for communications. My proposal included three dispatchers assigned to the same rotation as the deputies. That would give them the same 2 on 2 off, with a 3 day weekend every other week schedule as the deputies. In addition it would allow the deputies and dispatchers to build a quality working relationship and become a team, as opposed to us and them. I received positive feedback from the dispatchers, but Kevin told me that it can’t be done. I know for a fact that it is done in several other agencies around the state so it’s not impossible. In other posts here I’ve said that law enforcement training will become paramount. That goes for communications as well, as I agree that they are the heart and life line of the agency. Unprofessional, poorly trained, and over worked dispatchers put everyone at risk. Both first responders and the citizens.

Unregistered
07-28-2016, 06:57 PM
Ok, apparently I’ve ruffled some feathers over the last couple of days. Let me refer y’all back to several of my previous posts. As I said before, we are NOT going to walk in the front door and fire everybody. Yes, there are some who (by the nature of the business) will need to be excused, and they already know who they are. I previously explained that we may have to move people around based on their strengths and weaknesses to optimize their potential. I also explained that experienced professionals will be charged with “training up and raising up” those who have fallen victim to the vicious cycle of mediocrity that has become common place within the agency.

Sooooo….. Kick back, do your job, enjoy the show, and most of all (to quote Jerry Maguire) “help me help you”

Unregistered
07-28-2016, 07:37 PM
Keep ruffling their feathers. This agency needs improvement for the employees and most importantly the citizens. It disqust me how some of the administrstion blame Deputies and Sgt's for the low morale and turnover rate instead of taking responsibility. You have began a mass following whether it is openly public or secret it shows you are a leader and have become a voice for the people. #RichardsonforPresident2016.

One quick question and I am not sure if you know about the recruiting team they have established. I was curious on your thoughts. I think time, resources and effort would be better spent retaining the employees they do have and reducing the turnover rate.

Unregistered
07-28-2016, 09:36 PM
Keep ruffling their feathers. This agency needs improvement for the employees and most importantly the citizens. It disqust me how some of the administrstion blame Deputies and Sgt's for the low morale and turnover rate instead of taking responsibility. You have began a mass following whether it is openly public or secret it shows you are a leader and have become a voice for the people. #RichardsonforPresident2016.

One quick question and I am not sure if you know about the recruiting team they have established. I was curious on your thoughts. I think time, resources and effort would be better spent retaining the employees they do have and reducing the turnover rate.

Thank you for the compliments and support. I never wanted to have a mass following, and only intended to use this blog as a means to reach out to the deputies with whom I do not communicate directly. As long as the mass followers are not planning on throwing rocks at me, I guess it’s a good thing.

As for your question, I am aware of new recruiting effort. I completely agree that it would make way more sense to work on deputy retention, but Steve and Kevin don’t get that. Nor do they have the ability to change it. Despite the frivolous “all about the money” excuse they rely on, the real problem is the unprofessional and dysfunctional mess they’ve made of the agency. Cops anywhere will work for significantly less pay as long as they’re happy and treated well. I know this to be true because I did it for years. Not to mention that the starting pay at the HCSO is actually on par for southwest Florida. What’s lacking is a step plan or opportunity for any kind of raise. That’s an issue I’m not prepared to discuss right now, but know that I’m a big believer in step plans.

As far as recruiting goes, I recently found that the Southwest Florida Public Service Academy annually graduates about one hundred (100) certified law enforcement officers each year, who do not have LE jobs. Where are these people applying and why is the HCSO not inundated with applications? (Me: Oooh Oooh Oooh pick me! Pick me!) (Reader: Yes, 124) That’s because the reputation of the HCSO within the local LE community is absolute trash. Several of the guys with whom I professionally grew up are now teaching or working at the academy, and tell me that the HCSO image there is terrible because the above referenced unprofessionalism and dysfunctional mess. That’ll change with the administration change. The experienced professionals I keep talking about are people who are highly respected within the southwest Florida LE community. Word will spread and the image will change very quickly. Instructors and leaders of the academy will start sending recruits to Hendry with strong endorsements of the administration. Recruiting will still continue, but in a very different manner.

Unregistered
07-28-2016, 10:05 PM
It's common knowledge that NH was partially responsible for your dismissal and that there is no love lost between Ricky and JH. If Ricky is elected would the two of you dismiss the two of them?

Unregistered
07-28-2016, 11:13 PM
Why do you think AA left for the PD?

Unregistered
07-29-2016, 01:51 PM
You guys need to bring in the former FMPD Chief Eads. He has the following of the academy and is a squared away leader. Two for one deal there.

Unregistered
07-29-2016, 03:07 PM
I am not sure if you all know this or not but our training is in the best of hands under our Cpt. 124 what do you know of DH's credentials?

Unregistered
07-29-2016, 03:14 PM
I think everyone is puzzled on how the guy that has bars embroidered on his polos became Lt. What is more surprising is he stays one under his Captain that runs through TL's on the SERT team like socks. His two sgt's and his detectives talk about how he knows nothing and is spineless.

R.A. it is not classy to talk about your superiors. Don't be all booty hurt because the TL spot is now being filled with someone better than you. I am sure you deserved it after taking down the TL before you.

Unregistered
07-29-2016, 05:02 PM
It's common knowledge that NH was partially responsible for your dismissal and that there is no love lost between Ricky and JH. If Ricky is elected would the two of you dismiss the two of them?

This is a prime example of the complete culture make-over I keep saying that the agency needs. I’ve never seen an agency where the fear and conspiracy theory are so strong and so widely spread. That’s clearly the by-product of poor leadership at the top.

As the chief deputy it would be childish, petty, and unprofessional to use the position to exact revenge. Sheriff Garcia and I will walk into the SO on day one with open minds and clean slates. That goes for everyone, not just the two mentioned in this question.

Unregistered
07-29-2016, 05:05 PM
Why do you think AA left for the PD?

I really don't want to speak for Aaron. He had his reasons 'm sure, but I've never had that conversation with him.

Unregistered
07-29-2016, 05:12 PM
You guys need to bring in the former FMPD Chief Eads. He has the following of the academy and is a squared away leader. Two for one deal there.

Dennis Eads and I go way back, and we may have that conversation when the time is right. But I’ll tell you that you’re on the right track. Dennis is a good example of the kind of professional we’re bringing in to change the culture and mentor the up and coming generation of Hendry County LE.

Unregistered
07-29-2016, 05:42 PM
I am not sure if you all know this or not but our training is in the best of hands under our Cpt. 124 what do you know of DH's credentials?

"Row row row your boat", it is crazy you had time to write this staying in DH's shadow. You must have found an air pocket up there to be able to breathe.

Unregistered
07-29-2016, 07:08 PM
What will happen to the individuals that received a pass and never finished fto?

Unregistered
07-29-2016, 07:38 PM
If I was a betting man they would prob be put through FTO again.

Unregistered
07-29-2016, 08:22 PM
What will happen to the individuals that received a pass and never finished fto?

As I said before, I don't think that there are too many who slipped through the cracks. If some have though, we'll review their job performance and arrange for any retraining that may be necessary. If during the performance review we find that the person absolutely cannot do the job, then we may have to take some other type of action. I firmly believe in raising the level of talent through training and professional mentoring, as opposed to cleaning house and starting over.

Unregistered
07-29-2016, 09:37 PM
As I said before, I don't think that there are too many who slipped through the cracks. If some have though, we'll review their job performance and arrange for any retraining that may be necessary. If during the performance review we find that the person absolutely cannot do the job, then we may have to take some other type of action. I firmly believe in raising the level of talent through training and professional mentoring, as opposed to cleaning house and starting over.

So you're going to try a new business and leadership model from the one that is in place now? That sounds so crazy it just might work. I am very curious to hear your plans on civilian employees, or support staff/ office assistants. It seems this administration has taken the liberty to add more people in the office than on the road. Take a few days to answer this if need be there is no hurry.

Unregistered
07-30-2016, 02:01 PM
How do you plan to get all this type of information out to the voters of Hendry County so they can be informed about the reality of what goes on at the agency with their tax payer dollars?

Unregistered
07-30-2016, 11:17 PM
124 you were Lt when the whole FH and RA battle occurred at the gas station. What was the deal there?

Unregistered
08-01-2016, 06:29 AM
What was the deal with a certain west district deputy who was scolded for trying to make a DV arrest on one of Steve's friends? A friend who constantly figure skates away from trouble and arrests? and for that deputy to be threatened with termination instead of being allowed to do his job . Did his Sgt. put him out to dry again on that one?

Unregistered
08-01-2016, 04:54 PM
So you're going to try a new business and leadership model from the one that is in place now? That sounds so crazy it just might work. I am very curious to hear your plans on civilian employees, or support staff/ office assistants. It seems this administration has taken the liberty to add more people in the office than on the road. Take a few days to answer this if need be there is no hurry.

That’s another solid question. As I said in a previous post, there are 3 or 4 misappropriated communications positions that needs to be returned to communications. All of them are currently being used as support staff in the main office. I do believe that the SO is heavy with support staff, and that’s something we’ll have to evaluate after we get in. Obviously Susan won’t need a personal assistant to do her job for her while she’s out campaigning for a job in another county.

Unregistered
08-01-2016, 05:03 PM
How do you plan to get all this type of information out to the voters of Hendry County so they can be informed about the reality of what goes on at the agency with their tax payer dollars?

This information is currently being distributed by word of mouth. Ricky attends all the functions he can and has these conversations with his supporters. In the next few weeks and most definitely after the primary on August 30th, you’ll see the Garcia Campaign ramp up. The web site and Facebook pages will become public, fliers, and door to door campaigning will all push into full swing in the next couple weeks.

Unregistered
08-01-2016, 05:43 PM
124 you were Lt when the whole FH and RA battle occurred at the gas station. What was the deal there?

This is another situation where I won’t discuss the events that precipitated the altercation, because they involve the personal lives of people who are not involved here. So, that altercation took place at the Pioneer Shell at a time when they were both off duty. I’ve heard both sides of the story and they’re pretty similar. At that time I had no relationship with Herrera, other than being former co-workers.

Three or four days later, I was put in a position where I had to take the initial offense report of the altercation. I tried to talk Archer out of it but that wasn’t gonna happen. I completed the report and listed the crime as “Simple Battery”. I should have known then that something filthy was going to happen as I was directed to forward it to CID for follow-up.

A couple days later I found out that CID was going to arrest for Herrera for Battery LEO, and Aggravated Stalking. I immediately called Kevin and expressed the need for that whole case to be written up and forwarded to the SAO as a warrant request. Under the circumstances, it is absolutely inappropriate for the investigating agency to make that decision. Not to mention that the investigator was Archer’s BFF. Kevin told me that the SAO would not file the warrant and that they were going to make the probable cause arrest. I then argued that Battery LEO did not apply as several of the elements of the crime were not present, and that the situation only amounted to Simple Battery. Kevin snapped back at me and told me that they were filing the felony charges, and warned me once again to mind my own business.

Herrera turned himself in and quickly bonded out. A couple weeks later, the SAO dropped all charges based on “insufficient evidence to prosecute”. It was just as clear to me as it was to everyone else involved that arresting Herrera was done out of vengeance. This is just another example of why the relationship between the HCSO and the SAO is so poor. SMH

Unregistered
08-01-2016, 06:04 PM
What was the deal with a certain west district deputy who was scolded for trying to make a DV arrest on one of Steve's friends? A friend who constantly figure skates away from trouble and arrests? and for that deputy to be threatened with termination instead of being allowed to do his job . Did his Sgt. put him out to dry again on that one?

Are you referring to the same person who punched Deputy Crews in the face at Top Draw and was arrested for Battery LEO, only to have the arrest changed to a Marchman Act after Steve got there? The same guy who has already been arrested for DV once because he threw his phone out in the front yard before called Steve? The same guy who Steve told me that he didn’t really know that well, but I later found that his daughter refers to Steve as Uncle Peach? The same guy who taunted the deputies because he already knew that Steve told them not to arrest him?

I’m pretty sure we’re talking about the same guy. Basically he's one of many friends Steve keeps around who he will go out of his way to protect. That was another situation where Steve told me that he was just “preventing the deputy from making a bad arrest”. Typical Steve move!

As for the deputies involved, they were all about taking the guy to jail. Including the sergeant. I did what I could, but talking to Steve about that was like beating your head against a wall. Absolutely pointless

Unregistered
08-02-2016, 12:51 PM
What's up with RA. I heard he's in a jam and the 101 is backing him?

Unregistered
08-03-2016, 05:20 PM
What's up with RA. I heard he's in a jam and the 101 is backing him?

Ok… Apparently Archer seized some narcotics as evidence from a home, and arrested a guy who previously urinated in his Wheaties. The bigger problem was that the judge denied a search warrant for the house and Archer did it anyway. For that reason he was arraigned on Monday for “Contempt of Court”, and plead “not guilty”. You can see that info on the Hendry Clerk's Office web page. His trial date has been set for some time in September. I’ve been told that Steve is doing everything he can to make it go away, but unfortunately for him it’s way beyond his control. (LMAO by the way)

As far as the incident goes, it is what it is. My problem with it is this: Under the precedent they set with Simeon’s legal issue, Archer should be on (un-paid) administrative leave. He’s on duty and in uniform working his shift right now. If y’all recall that’s what they did to Simeon, and even refused to put him back on paid admin leave after the charges were dropped. Kevin told me that the the Internal Affairs investigation was still pending and refused to pay him. (Internal Affairs is another can of filthy worms somebody really needs to ask me about) This is a classic example of the DOUBLE STANDARD by which Steve and Kevin run the agency, and by which Steve conducts his law enforcement. Policies are interpreted and imposed one way for some and another way for others. Just as Steve interprets and enforces the law one way for some and completely different for others. Now somebody please ask me that IA question.

Unregistered
08-03-2016, 07:43 PM
Let's blow the lid off the shotty IA work conducted by HCSO. Do inform the masses.

Unregistered
08-03-2016, 07:44 PM
What's wrong with IA?

Unregistered
08-03-2016, 08:04 PM
I will take I.A for 1200 Alex.

Unregistered
08-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Let's blow the lid off the shotty IA work conducted by HCSO. Do inform the masses.

Great question. Thanks for asking!

As some of you already know, Mike Stevens resigned his position and is now privately contracted to do the same job he was doing. In addition, he has also been contracted by the HCSO to do the oil changes on all agency vehicles. Herein lies the problem, and I’ll explain.

In order for Stevens to still conduct internal investigations and conduct background checks, he must be maintained as a “Reserve Deputy”. Otherwise he is no longer authorized to administer oaths or Garrity (Police Officer’s Bill of Rights). In addition, under that bill of rights an open internal investigation is not public record. Allowing someone outside the agency to conduct and IA investigation would be a blatant violation of the rights of the subject of that investigation. He would also no longer be authorized access to things such as DAVID or criminal histories for background checks. Therefore he must be a Reserve Deputy. However, as a vendor and provider of the oil change service he CANNOT be kept on as a Reserve Deputy as that would create a clear cut conflict of interest.

The whole concept of hiring a private contractor for either Internal Affairs investigations or oil changes is absolutely asinine. Hiring that person to do both is absurd and negligent. If you dare, ask Steve or Kevin whether or not Mike Stevens is a Reserve Deputy. It’s a catch 22, so either way they answer is wrong. Although I’m sure they’ll have some other BS answer for you shortly after this is posted.

Unregistered
08-03-2016, 10:11 PM
I think I just heard the mic drop?

Unregistered
08-03-2016, 11:22 PM
With all the blatant fouls... when will FDLE step in and do something?

Unregistered
08-04-2016, 12:15 AM
I guess with all of this truth being told its about time for you to derate your staff, and tell them you don't need them for your re-election during a department wide meeting. Let's not forget "all that your are hearing is rumors"

Unregistered
08-04-2016, 12:31 AM
Last election he knew ahead of time because he bought it. This time the people he bought it from is running against him. Can't go running to his daddy this time Steve.

Unregistered
08-04-2016, 02:38 AM
@124 they should pay you contract services for all the pointers and guidance. You're aware they are furiously plagiarizing your work right? In crayon of course but either way. That entire admin shares a double digit IQ. Kevin is still taking credit for things done under his predecessor in 2009. Wishes he was half that.

Unregistered
08-04-2016, 12:59 PM
With all the blatant fouls... when will FDLE step in and do something?

Steve has ultimate confidence in two things that prevent anyone from looking into his dirty deeds. First, that a complaint has to be made before any outside agency will look into any allegations of his dirty deeds. Second, that nobody really cares what goes on in "little old Hendry County". So basically, he knows that in a "small town" rural community he has enough power that most people are afraid of the repercussions of making a complaint. Whether it's a direct or implied threat, most people are scared of him. Steve also knows that in the rare event that a complaint is made he can put his BS spin on it and it'll be blown off based on his nobody cares theory. Sad but true!

Unregistered
08-04-2016, 01:45 PM
So what have you heard is going on with Kevin and Mike Scott contacting FDLE about pressuring his employee with the girl that worked at DCF. Are they looking into it for sanctions.

Unregistered
08-04-2016, 07:02 PM
So what have you heard is going on with Kevin and Mike Scott contacting FDLE about pressuring his employee with the girl that worked at DCF. Are they looking into it for sanctions.

I was just thinking about that same question a couple days ago. To be completely honest, I haven't heard anything about that recently. There may be some lingering civil litigation pending, but I really don't know. I'll do some research and if I find anything I'll get back to you ASAP.

Unregistered
08-04-2016, 07:54 PM
Kevin do you care to answer.

Unregistered
08-04-2016, 09:54 PM
We know big kev (mustache man) wont answer. Even though we all know he reads this.

Unregistered
08-05-2016, 01:01 AM
It is sad because Hendry has a chance to be the best agency to work for if it did not have piss poor leadership.

Unregistered
08-05-2016, 08:36 PM
It is sad because Hendry has a chance to be the best agency to work for if it did not have piss poor leadership.

Everyone hated Ronnie Lee but he actually gave a crap about the troops...despite the silly hats we wore.

Unregistered
08-05-2016, 11:08 PM
He did raise the pay alot and often. I am excited to see what happens this coming month. Johnny Jackson for Sheriff over Whidden! Spread the word.

Unregistered
08-06-2016, 03:46 AM
He did raise the pay alot and often. I am excited to see what happens this coming month. Johnny Jackson for Sheriff over Whidden! Spread the word.

YES!!! So glad you brought that up. As far as the primary election goes y'all need to push for Johnny Jackson within the Democratic Party. There's a very real possibility that Johnny can put Steve out in the primary. Then there can be a very fair general election race between Jackson and Garcia. The bottom line is that Steve and his dirty deeds need to go. I'm gonna talk more about those dirty deeds in the very near future. Stay tuned

Unregistered
08-08-2016, 12:12 AM
Where can I go to learn more about the current Sheriff's, Garcia's and jackson's campaign?

Unregistered
08-10-2016, 01:20 PM
Where can I go to learn more about the current Sheriff's, Garcia's and jackson's campaign?

Sorry for the delay. I don't know about Johnny Jackson, but you can follow-up on the other two on their web sites. Give the Garcia site a couple days, as the web designer had a death in the family and has been unavailable for a little while. I understand that the site should be up by the end of the week.

www.RickyGarciaForSheriff.com

www.wewantwhidden.com

Unregistered
08-10-2016, 02:00 PM
Ok… Apparently Archer seized some narcotics as evidence from a home, and arrested a guy who previously urinated in his Wheaties. The bigger problem was that the judge denied a search warrant for the house and Archer did it anyway. For that reason he was arraigned on Monday for “Contempt of Court”, and plead “not guilty”. You can see that info on the Hendry Clerk's Office web page. His trial date has been set for some time in September. I’ve been told that Steve is doing everything he can to make it go away, but unfortunately for him it’s way beyond his control. (LMAO by the way)

As far as the incident goes, it is what it is. My problem with it is this: Under the precedent they set with Simeon’s legal issue, Archer should be on (un-paid) administrative leave. He’s on duty and in uniform working his shift right now. If y’all recall that’s what they did to Simeon, and even refused to put him back on paid admin leave after the charges were dropped. Kevin told me that the the Internal Affairs investigation was still pending and refused to pay him. (Internal Affairs is another can of filthy worms somebody really needs to ask me about) This is a classic example of the DOUBLE STANDARD by which Steve and Kevin run the agency, and by which Steve conducts his law enforcement. Policies are interpreted and imposed one way for some and another way for others. Just as Steve interprets and enforces the law one way for some and completely different for others. Now somebody please ask me that IA question.

This Archer issue continues to get worse and worse. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not making any judgements and don’t have any beef with Archer. What’s done is done, and the court will sort that out. My problem is in the manner in which Steve and Kevin are handling the situation. On August 1st, Archer was arraigned for Contempt of Court (violation of FSS 900.04), based on making a false report. His trial has been scheduled for the middle of September. In addition to the clear cut double standard by which this situation has been handled, I have another problem with it. It is my opinion that Archer should be on (paid) administrative leave, or at the very least administrative duty. Because of the fact that if he’s convicted every criminal case he’s involved in between his arraignment and conviction will be in jeopardy. Every attorney in Southwest Florida will know that Archer was found guilty of false report based CoC, and the SAO will no longer be able to use him as a witness. The fact that Archer is still on duty as a road patrol sergeant is absolutely asinine and completely negligent. Why would they risk the successful prosecution of any crime in which Archer may become involved during this six week time frame. If he’s put on administrative leave for a couple weeks and then acquitted, there’s no harm done. If he’s convicted, the fact that he was left on duty could be devastating to the victims of the crimes he investigates or even assists with during that time frame. This is just another clear example of incompetence and unprofessionalism of the current HCSO administration.

Unregistered
08-10-2016, 03:59 PM
I agree with the Archer issue. Now that you said it on here the Chief or Sheriff will definately not take your advice just to prove a point. Also wasnt a Sgt just put on leave for a comment on a phone? Archer has a way worse accusation than that. Also the websites are not working you attached links to.

Unregistered
08-10-2016, 09:44 PM
I agree with the Archer issue. Now that you said it on here the Chief or Sheriff will definately not take your advice just to prove a point. Also wasnt a Sgt just put on leave for a comment on a phone? Archer has a way worse accusation than that. Also the websites are not working you attached links to.

I can't speak for Steve's site but I've been assured that the Garcia site will be up by the end of the week. Apparently the web designer had a death in the family and has been unavailable for a little while.

Unregistered
08-10-2016, 10:16 PM
I can speak for Steve's site. If it's like the HCSO site it will be completed after the election. Or better yet he's has to use the funds to pay for Archer's legal counsel fees.

Unregistered
08-10-2016, 10:27 PM
His site is like everything he touches. Incomplete and always under construction.

Unregistered
08-10-2016, 11:20 PM
This Archer issue continues to get worse and worse. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not making any judgements and don’t have any beef with Archer. What’s done is done, and the court will sort that out. My problem is in the manner in which Steve and Kevin are handling the situation. On August 1st, Archer was arraigned for Contempt of Court (violation of FSS 900.04), based on making a false report. His trial has been scheduled for the middle of September. In addition to the clear cut double standard by which this situation has been handled, I have another problem with it. It is my opinion that Archer should be on (paid) administrative leave, or at the very least administrative duty. Because of the fact that if he’s convicted every criminal case he’s involved in between his arraignment and conviction will be in jeopardy. Every attorney in Southwest Florida will know that Archer was found guilty of false report based CoC, and the SAO will no longer be able to use him as a witness. The fact that Archer is still on duty as a road patrol sergeant is absolutely asinine and completely negligent. Why would they risk the successful prosecution of any crime in which Archer may become involved during this six week time frame. If he’s put on administrative leave for a couple weeks and then acquitted, there’s no harm done. If he’s convicted, the fact that he was left on duty could be devastating to the victims of the crimes he investigates or even assists with during that time frame. This is just another clear example of incompetence and unprofessionalism of the current HCSO administration.

This is interesting considering archer and his closest friend (hint: its a she) are providing statements that they "already know how its going to turn out". Leaving little room for any interpretation other than it sounds like just one more "favor" among felons that goes on daily. Do you anticipate that the hcso admin has promised to "take care" of this as they have for several others who have well known failures of integrity?

Unregistered
08-11-2016, 12:22 AM
This is interesting considering archer and his closest friend (hint: its a she) are providing statements that they "already know how its going to turn out". Leaving little room for any interpretation other than it sounds like just one more "favor" among felons that goes on daily. Do you anticipate that the hcso admin has promised to "take care" of this as they have for several others who have well known failures of integrity?

I don't know about taking care of it, but Steve has been very vocal about making it go away. There have been several closed door meetings on the subject, and apparently Steve even begged the SAO to drop it. Unfortunately for him the SAO has no control over this one, and can't help him out even if they wanted to. I suspect that there's something much more heinous going on than what it appears to be on face value.

Unregistered
08-11-2016, 01:50 AM
I don't know about taking care of it, but Steve has been very vocal about making it go away. There have been several closed door meetings on the subject, and apparently Steve even begged the SAO to drop it. Unfortunately for him the SAO has no control over this one, and can't help him out even if they wanted to. I suspect that there's something much more heinous going on than what it appears to be on face value.

Safe to assume. It seems that plenty of secrets are threatening to surface. Maybe on this, maybe on a few other matters underway. What is the word on the recent jail lawsuit payout to the tune of 400k?

Unregistered
08-11-2016, 01:53 AM
His site is like everything he touches. Incomplete and always under construction.

Well he can always put up more signs. Or sing ballads to captive and disinterested crowds. Anything that doesn't require substance, knowledge, or actual skill.

Unregistered
08-11-2016, 07:29 PM

Ole Steve the pompous prick. I hope he gets what is coming to him for being a poor example of a leader, Law Enforcement Officer, friend, boss and lead singer.

Unregistered
08-12-2016, 02:10 AM
Well this is like a bad nightmare.

After reading some weeks of posts it seems the "problems" that ol Stevie has professed since getting into office and then sweeping the talent out the door over the last two terms, remains intact.

Ergo, the problem wasn't the talent. Nope the problems were with Stevie and his Trashy Hilton seeking couple on SR80.
As well as the powers of good ol Hendry county that has existed for generations. They all want justice, and safety for their families but not at the expense of themselves.

Simply reading these posts is like nothing has changed.........ever. Kevin mumbling, or better yet just staring blankly never committing, never saying anything. Just like Stevie which makes for an interesting pairing. That study should have been completed trying to find out how they both remain upright without spines.

Well one thing is for sure. Once he is eliminated from office, the incoming will have one hell of a huge amount of pure hell, problems, and very little to no resources and assets to accomplish the correction / implementation of them. You will not be able to correct 40 plus years of issues, buried underneath the surface, without having some time and resources (both talent and funds) to dig out the old and replace it with solid foundation principals and operation.

It is more than just the physical aspect and regrouping personnel. It is more than planning on paper what needs corrected and what doesn't. It is what you will find after being there for a while, and after starting to dismantle the problems, a huge infrastructure pops up out of nowhere that you will find that has existed for years, but just lightly paved over by previous clowns. Lot of layers.

Sadly if the residents of any of these counties ever woke up and realized the state of affairs their local governments and law enforcement is in, they would have an absolute conniption fit. Corruption is wild and covers this country unfortunately. It is deep rooted in the very veins of our local land, and people. Law Enforcement even at best isn't even putting a dent in the machine.

It is all fake anyway.

Good luck to the challenger!
Prayers as well.

Unregistered
08-12-2016, 09:16 PM
You couldn't be more right about the talent that has left this place the last year to year and a half . Look at the list JG JB AA NK RM JS MB JB LR. Those people right there know how to be cops. Sorry if I didn't add your name or forgot it because there have been alot to leave recently, but those stood out for the impact on the community, and their accomplishments. It is sad to see guys leave their own community who chose to work their over other places for so long. I would work with and for any of those guys over 99 percent of the remaining agency.

Unregistered
08-12-2016, 10:45 PM
You couldn't be more right about the talent that has left this place the last year to year and a half . Look at the list JG JB AA NK RM JS MB JB LR. Those people right there know how to be cops. Sorry if I didn't add your name or forgot it because there have been alot to leave recently, but those stood out for the impact on the community, and their accomplishments. It is sad to see guys leave their own community who chose to work their over other places for so long. I would work with and for any of those guys over 99 percent of the remaining agency.

I couldn't figure out some of the guys that were on the above list because they were somewhat new and I left a while back so I had to call others. However, some of those guys that worked there when I did were definately the pro active ones and knew there job very well. I would say some on there are some of the best cops I personally have met or had the pleasure to work with. I learned alot from the first 4 on that list. However, The one I learned from while he worked for CPD before he went to the S.O. If the others are in the same category as the first 4, I applaud you because they are top notch. Since this is a Q and A with 124, would you or have you reached out to any of those "good cops" that left after or before you to see why they left or if they would return?

Unregistered
08-13-2016, 10:45 AM
124 I see that the current Sheriff is saying that the crime rate is down 28%. When I looked on the FDLE web site for Hendry County statistics it showed that for the year 2015 there was a 5.8% increase from 2014, robbery up 48.4%, burglary up 10.8% and the murder rate increased by 200%. I’m just curious where is he getting his statistics from or is this based on his entire 8 year period. If the crime rate is going up then it might have to do with the agency losing its most proactive deputies.

Unregistered
08-13-2016, 01:36 PM
I am also curious if you and Garcia will try and reach out to the deputies that left? If what I hear is true several of those deputies were really good at what they did but also were involved with the community.

Unregistered
08-13-2016, 01:49 PM
I couldn't figure out some of the guys that were on the above list because they were somewhat new and I left a while back so I had to call others. However, some of those guys that worked there when I did were definately the pro active ones and knew there job very well. I would say some on there are some of the best cops I personally have met or had the pleasure to work with. I learned alot from the first 4 on that list. However, The one I learned from while he worked for CPD before he went to the S.O. If the others are in the same category as the first 4, I applaud you because they are top notch. Since this is a Q and A with 124, would you or have you reached out to any of those "good cops" that left after or before you to see why they left or if they would return?

This is a great observation. Yes, the agency lost some of its better cops in the last 18 months or so. Between Ricky and myself, we’ve stayed in touch with most of them. Some are extremely happy with their new agencies, and I wish them nothing but the best. I gave several of them shinning references, both before and after I left the HCSO. I’ve always been a supporter of the deputies doing what’s best for themselves and families. A few of them are content with their new agencies, but want to “come home”. After the administration change, I’m sure you’ll see several old faces return to the HCSO.

Unregistered
08-13-2016, 02:32 PM
124 I see that the current Sheriff is saying that the crime rate is down 28%. When I looked on the FDLE web site for Hendry County statistics it showed that for the year 2015 there was a 5.8% increase from 2014, robbery up 48.4%, burglary up 10.8% and the murder rate increased by 200%. I’m just curious where is he getting his statistics from or is this based on his entire 8 year period. If the crime rate is going up then it might have to do with the agency losing its most proactive deputies.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/cms/FSAC/UCR/2015/CoMuOff2015annual.aspx

You are absolutely correct on both points. Crime was significantly increased in 2015 and Steve is blatantly lying about it. As he does with most topics these days. I’ll address both those points separately, and start with the lying. If you haven’t attended one of the candidate public forums, you really should. It’s sad to watch Steve stand up in front of the citizens and outright lie to them. The problem is that unless you are familiar with the inner workings of the agency, you would not know that he’s lying. For that reason he’s very confident in his lies. The bottom line is that he can’t get up in front of people and tell them that he’s a failure, his agency is in shambles, the whole thing is beginning to implode, and there’s not a damn thing he can do to stop it!

The cause of the rise in crime, is two part. The loss of many aggressive and proactive deputies is a very real and troubling contribution to the problem. But more importantly is the fact that the culture of the agency breeds inactivity. The goal of each deputy is to come to work, answer his/her calls for service, and do as little as possible to prevent being exposed to the vindictiveness of the administration. Steve and Kevin have demonstrated that they will crush those who they don’t care for and protect those who are either friends or have dirt on them. For example, Simeon was a solid hard working proactive deputy. They hung him out and back stabbed him because Kevin didn’t like the way he did his job. There’s another one who was still on probation who was fired for writing too many citations. I’ll admit that he was writing some cheesy tickets, but that a supervisory issue. I can go on and on with this, but you get the point. When a deputy doesn’t have any confidence that his administration has his back, he/she will do as little as possible. I hate that it has to be like that, but I understand the “I need my job to feed my family” mentality. Anybody who knows me or has ever worked for me knows my philosophy on that. For those who don’t, here it is: Go out and do your job and do it well. If you make a mistake trying to do the right thing, I got your back. If you screw up while trying to screw up, that’s on you. We’ll deal with it and move forward. Simple!

Unregistered
08-13-2016, 06:25 PM
Quote: Go out and do your job and do it well. If you make a mistake trying to do the right thing, I got your back. If you screw up while trying to screw up, that’s on you. We’ll deal with it and move forward. Simple!

Apparently one of the a$$ clowns is already trying to put a negative spin on the above portion of my previous post. So I'll clarify to prevent any misunderstanding. By "we'll deal with it and move forward" I mean that we will address the issue with the appropriate corrective action depending upon the severity of the situation, and then move forward. What I did NOT say is anything about waiting til you screw up and firing you. That's the philosophy of the current administration and everything I despise about them.

Unregistered
08-13-2016, 08:08 PM
You know the clowns here are trying to twist your words because they can't go toe to toe with you in a conversation or argument. I am sure most people know you are far more superior when it comes to knowledge policies and procedures. You could take the entire brain power of Kevin, Josh, Steve, Susan , Dave, Luis , and Shawn in a debate and it appears you would make them look uneducated, hint hint (they're not). I would say Aaron would of gave you a run for your money. However, he is not in the equation here anymore.

Unregistered
08-13-2016, 09:39 PM
Billy is this agency's smartest personnel.

Unregistered
08-14-2016, 01:55 AM
Billy is this agency's smartest personnel.

Only if you are referring to how he knows exactly which a$$ to kiss. Billy is and always has been out for #1 (himself)

Unregistered
08-14-2016, 03:15 AM
Thanks for hijacking my thread. I wasn't gonna reply to anything until tomorrow, but y'all are goin off. 177, I don't know you or much about where you came from, but you're there now and it is what it is. Do your job and do it with excellence and don't get caught up in the drama. It doesn't matter if you've been there 10 months or 10 years. Just do your thing
I can assure you that of the people involved in the Garcia campaign camp, I'm the only one posting here. There's absolutely no point in any of us stirring the pot trying to cause dissension among the deputies. Ricky and I are coming in with open minds and nothing but the best intentions for the agency and personnel.
Now, y'all need to stop messing with each other. The current administration has created these issues. Right or wrong, agree or disagree, what's done is done and y'all need to stick together. Just hang tough for a couple more months. Then the HCSO will be a professional agency that y'all can be proud of and excited to work for

Professional Agency is one thing I would love to see. I have been around this agency for close to 20 years and I have yet to see the Morale rise and it have the professionalism that I have experienced with other Agencies.. Its a shame!

Unregistered
08-14-2016, 03:48 AM
Only if you are referring to how he knows exactly which a$$ to kiss. Billy is and always has been out for #1 (himself)

This has got to be a joke. He is definitely for himself.

Unregistered
08-14-2016, 12:44 PM
This has got to be a joke. He is definitely for himself.

So no different than the rest of the admin. Ok agreed.

Unregistered
08-14-2016, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2651702]I can't speak for Steve's site but I've been assured that the Garcia site will be up by the end of the week. Apparently the web designer had a death in the family and has been unavailable for a little while.

The Garcia web site is now up and running. More material will be added as time goes on but there's plenty to read already. Ricky even added a link to this site at the bottom of the page. Please encourage your friends and family to check out this blog, so they can see what kind of person their current sheriff is and what his deputies actually think of him.

http://www.garciaforsheriff.com/

Unregistered
08-15-2016, 01:52 PM
I really hope Ricky accomplishs his first promise if he's elected. What does he plan to do to fix that 124? Unless he fires 90% of the office personnel and can give us all raises right out the gate, he's got his work cut out for him. Let's face it, once they start getting into your wallet and not recognizing the deputies for their accomplishments, that ship is already sank. I wouldn't trust our finance lady to know how to balance her own check book let alone tell us where we can spend money. We been running skeleton shifts for months now... Where did all the money go?! 124 why do u think there's such a disconnect between the upper echelon and the road guys and what will Ricky do to make sure that doesn't happen to him. The road deputies are giving the agency their right nut just to get kicked in the left one in return. No wonder we've had a mass exodus, with more on the way.

Unregistered
08-15-2016, 11:08 PM
I really hope Ricky accomplishs his first promise if he's elected. What does he plan to do to fix that 124? Unless he fires 90% of the office personnel and can give us all raises right out the gate, he's got his work cut out for him. Let's face it, once they start getting into your wallet and not recognizing the deputies for their accomplishments, that ship is already sank. I wouldn't trust our finance lady to know how to balance her own check book let alone tell us where we can spend money. We been running skeleton shifts for months now... Where did all the money go?! 124 why do u think there's such a disconnect between the upper echelon and the road guys and what will Ricky do to make sure that doesn't happen to him. The road deputies are giving the agency their right nut just to get kicked in the left one in return. No wonder we've had a mass exodus, with more on the way.

I assume that you're talking about restoring morale. That should improve greatly the day after the election, when it sinks in that the current administration is done! Moving on from there, we'll return the agency to full staffing as quickly as possible and establish an effective chain of command. The administrators and trainers we bring in will be people who will encourage and motivate as opposed to chastise and criticise. All of them being professional cops, not condescending administrators who have no clue how to do the job. I can assure you that we are going to put the enthusiasm, self respect, and fun back into the job. Along with the confidence to go out and do the job without the fear of retaliation from the "Monday morning arm chair quarterbacks" sitting in the main office. Don't hold me to it because I still haven't seen the budget, but I intend to find a way to get a step plan started to encourage longevity and fair pay. I think that should answer the disconnect question as well.

As for the money, I have no clue what they do with it. You're guess is as good as mine. Maybe it all goes to Steve's vendors. You know, Stevens for his IA service and oil change business. The other mechanical vendors. You know all the friends that he couldn't hire, but got them paid as "vendors" instead.

Unregistered
08-16-2016, 05:59 AM
Tell us about this SCU Ricky has plans for. What kind of requirements will the deputies have to have? I love the idea of it. Burglary suppression, warrant hunting, jump outs...

Unregistered
08-16-2016, 12:39 PM
Tell us about this SCU Ricky has plans for. What kind of requirements will the deputies have to have? I love the idea of it. Burglary suppression, warrant hunting, jump outs...

I have to make this part very clear. We have absolutely got to return the road patrol back to full staffing before we consider this. That being said, it's only common sense. The road patrol deputies simply don't have the time or resources necessary to deal with high crime areas or trends. A special complaints unit solves that issue. I'd like to see it become a multi-jurisdictional unit with at least one officer from the CPD and maybe one from Glades County SO, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. The unit will be charged with proactively attacking crime trends and hot spots. As you said, burglary suppression and street level narcotics will be a large part. Others may include DUI patrols during "drinking holidays" and events, and community policing efforts during other events. The unit will also provide uniformed support to CID and VIN by hunting particularly active individual suspects or conducting traffic stops during VIN surveillance. The possible applications for that unit are basically endless

Don't worry with the requirements for the job right now as productivity will be a large part of the selection process, and I understand that the current environment discourages productivity.

Unregistered
08-16-2016, 04:38 PM
Stat based decisions... You would be ashamed of the stats now. Nothing like the March Madness the two dream teams would put up. Nothing like the Clewiston vs Labelle shifts back in the day either. Good times.

Unregistered
08-17-2016, 12:23 AM

No one there cares about the Communication Center. They loose one Supervisor and another comes into play with out any announcement at all. Hopefully things get better for them ladies!

Unregistered
08-17-2016, 10:19 PM
Ok ladies and gentlemen, my turn to ask a question for a change. I just heard a juicy rumor that Steve has some pending legal issues (possibly criminal) popping up on him, involving one of his dirty deeds for a friend. The list of possible scenarios on that topic is endless, and I couldn't get any details. The info came from outside the agency, so can anyone within the agency confirm the rumor and hopefully add some details?

Unregistered
08-18-2016, 02:57 AM
Where to start.... Communications.

They are rude and inadequately trained. If you pull a tape from a call received during the night, you will clearly hear they do not ask for even the basics. They don't always obtain a name, a call back number and an address, let a lone the nature of the call. They should stick to their job title and strictly dispatch and stop trying to handle calls over the phone, as if they were deputies. Many calls go mishandled through them and not dispatched. They have no empathy towards their callers. And not to mention should keep their legs closed to the deputies. So why should they be on the same rotation as the deputies and create more scandals? Two dispatchers per shift are more than adequate.

Road deputies....
You mean there's deputies on the road I never see them. Are they so busy responding to domestics that they don't even conduct traffic on State Road 80? Or are they too busy within dispatch at the sheriff's office or at the PD? The deputies often respond to a call and don't even help the victim fill out the paper work or conduct a field investigation. When will the deputy staff consist more than relatives of the current Sheriff? When will the deputies be held to the high moral standard listed in their policy and fired when involved in work affairs.

There's more to say, however the question I'd like to be answered is..... that is the name, the identity to the self-proclaimed 124? You can not post all these promises and ideas and not give us a name.

I believe you are Raymond A. Van houten.

If so, Ray, you are no better than Steve and Ricky would be crazy to have you as his chief.

Your son is a drug a addict and a woman beater. Your step daughter is also a drug addict and married to known criminal and drug offender of the county. You have a poor and dirty work ethic and associate with known felons.

Unregistered
08-18-2016, 03:01 AM
And on an other note...if it is Ray..... leave the two former FWC officers alone! Your son is the same age and has done it with his life!

Unregistered
08-18-2016, 03:04 AM
And on an other note...if it is Ray..... leave the two former FWC officers alone! Your son is the same age and has done it with his life!

*has not done shit with his life

Unregistered
08-18-2016, 10:57 AM
Did one of the FWC wife's or mom's just post on here?

I am also sure 124 never said anything towards the FWC people. That was fellow employees. 124 is definately not Ray. Every Deputy and support staff would know that. Although the wife or mom is right about one thing. The dispatchers and their relations with the Deputies. There is and have been an issue with that for as long as I can remember and there will continue to be until they have the right leadership.

Unregistered
08-18-2016, 10:59 AM
Who personally attacks someone's kids when they aren't ecen sure who 124 is.

Unregistered
08-18-2016, 12:08 PM
Dam son your 43 is outta date.

Unregistered
08-18-2016, 12:55 PM
Where to start.... Communications.

They are rude and inadequately trained. If you pull a tape from a call received during the night, you will clearly hear they do not ask for even the basics. They don't always obtain a name, a call back number and an address, let a lone the nature of the call. They should stick to their job title and strictly dispatch and stop trying to handle calls over the phone, as if they were deputies. Many calls go mishandled through them and not dispatched. They have no empathy towards their callers. And not to mention should keep their legs closed to the deputies. So why should they be on the same rotation as the deputies and create more scandals? Two dispatchers per shift are more than adequate.

Road deputies....
You mean there's deputies on the road I never see them. Are they so busy responding to domestics that they don't even conduct traffic on State Road 80? Or are they too busy within dispatch at the sheriff's office or at the PD? The deputies often respond to a call and don't even help the victim fill out the paper work or conduct a field investigation. When will the deputy staff consist more than relatives of the current Sheriff? When will the deputies be held to the high moral standard listed in their policy and fired when involved in work affairs.

There's more to say, however the question I'd like to be answered is..... that is the name, the identity to the self-proclaimed 124? You can not post all these promises and ideas and not give us a name.

I believe you are Raymond A. Van houten.

If so, Ray, you are no better than Steve and Ricky would be crazy to have you as his chief.

Your son is a drug a addict and a woman beater. Your step daughter is also a drug addict and married to known criminal and drug offender of the county. You have a poor and dirty work ethic and associate with known felons.

Hijacked again! I don’t usually address the public in this blog, but I’ll make an exception for this one, as you obviously have some very strong feelings. I promise that I’m not being snippy or rude in my answers, but I have to point out that you have obviously been seriously under informed or grossly misinformed. Please go back and read the thread in its entirety, as some of your misconceptions will be cleared up by doing so.

In reference to dispatch. You made the comment that two dispatchers is plenty and their job performance is poor. I can assure you that two is absolutely not enough to safely serve the community and agency with any kind of efficiency. The attitude you perceive and lack of ability are both caused by the fact that they generally have a dozen things going on at once, and two dispatchers just can’t keep up. As for their lack of training, I have to agree with you, but that’s by no fault of their own. In reference to their relationships, what consenting adults do on their own time is none of my concern and should be none of yours. The manner in which you made that accusation was insulting and indignant, and I’ll ask that you apologize to the dispatchers you obviously offended.

In reference to the deputies. You never see them because there are so few of them. Throughout the blog you have seen both the deputies and myself refer to the “mass exodus” of deputies. In the last 18 months approximately 24 deputies have left the agency. Some without jobs waiting. The shifts are currently working with skeleton crews and generally running from call to call, with several calls backed up and holding. Just as in the communications center, the service that the deputies provide is also affected by critically low staffing. This is an agency wide epidemic caused by very poor and unprofessional leadership at the top. I’d suggest that the deputies deserve an apology as well, but they’re used to this kind of criticism.

In reference to my identity. I was a patrol sergeant in the East Distrct for 3 years, and the West District Commander (lieutenant) for 2 years. Again I’ll refer you back to earlier posts in this thread where I basically laid out my resume and experience. That would have also negated the need for the Ray Van Houten speculation and subsequent rant. I use this blog to communicate with the deputies who all know exactly who I am as 124 was my radio number at the time I left the agency. I’ll include my name at the bottom on this one post.

In reference to the FWC transfers. There was a brief spat between one of them and one or more of their critics. If you’ll look at it, you will see that Mike Lilley put in his two cents and dropped it. Andy Taylor got a little caught up in it. My advice to him was to “just do your job and do it with excellence, and don’t get caught up in the drama”. I gave him that advice not knowing him at all as I never worked with him.

You obviously have a close friend or loved one who works within the agency. After you’ve gone back and completely read this thread, talk to your friend/loved one about the things that I’ve discussed. I think that will clear up any misconceptions you may have.

Sincerely;
Lenny Richardson (AKA #124)

Unregistered
08-18-2016, 02:30 PM
Thank You 124!!

Unregistered
08-18-2016, 08:24 PM
Hijacked again! I don’t usually address the public in this blog, but I’ll make an exception for this one, as you obviously have some very strong feelings. I promise that I’m not being snippy or rude in my answers, but I have to point out that you have obviously been seriously under informed or grossly misinformed. Please go back and read the thread in its entirety, as some of your misconceptions will be cleared up by doing so.

In reference to dispatch. You made the comment that two dispatchers is plenty and their job performance is poor. I can assure you that two is absolutely not enough to safely serve the community and agency with any kind of efficiency. The attitude you perceive and lack of ability are both caused by the fact that they generally have a dozen things going on at once, and two dispatchers just can’t keep up. As for their lack of training, I have to agree with you, but that’s by no fault of their own. In reference to their relationships, what consenting adults do on their own time is none of my concern and should be none of yours. The manner in which you made that accusation was insulting and indignant, and I’ll ask that you apologize to the dispatchers you obviously offended.

In reference to the deputies. You never see them because there are so few of them. Throughout the blog you have seen both the deputies and myself refer to the “mass exodus” of deputies. In the last 18 months approximately 24 deputies have left the agency. Some without jobs waiting. The shifts are currently working with skeleton crews and generally running from call to call, with several calls backed up and holding. Just as in the communications center, the service that the deputies provide is also affected by critically low staffing. This is an agency wide epidemic caused by very poor and unprofessional leadership at the top. I’d suggest that the deputies deserve an apology as well, but they’re used to this kind of criticism.

In reference to my identity. I was a patrol sergeant in the East Distrct for 3 years, and the West District Commander (lieutenant) for 2 years. Again I’ll refer you back to earlier posts in this thread where I basically laid out my resume and experience. That would have also negated the need for the Ray Van Houten speculation and subsequent rant. I use this blog to communicate with the deputies who all know exactly who I am as 124 was my radio number at the time I left the agency. I’ll include my name at the bottom on this one post.

In reference to the FWC transfers. There was a brief spat between one of them and one or more of their critics. If you’ll look at it, you will see that Mike Lilley put in his two cents and dropped it. Andy Taylor got a little caught up in it. My advice to him was to “just do your job and do it with excellence, and don’t get caught up in the drama”. I gave him that advice not knowing him at all as I never worked with him.

You obviously have a close friend or loved one who works within the agency. After you’ve gone back and completely read this thread, talk to your friend/loved one about the things that I’ve discussed. I think that will clear up any misconceptions you may have.

Sincerely;
Lenny Richardson (AKA #124)

While I respect all that Ricky and 124 are trying to accomplish, I have to disagree with you on one point. One of the former fwc guys came over and after a short period of time was already in k-9. The other carries himself with a small man complex. Both have issues and it's only a matter of time before those come to the surface. Why did they leave their former employer, it wasn't the reasons they spout off about. Issues were coming to the surface over there supposedly......

Unregistered
08-18-2016, 08:49 PM
What does the Garcia campaign plan on doing about the condemned jail? Surely, that'll be a budgetary issue that may affect campaign promises.

Unregistered
08-18-2016, 11:11 PM
Ok ladies and gentlemen, my turn to ask a question for a change. I just heard a juicy rumor that Steve has some pending legal issues (possibly criminal) popping up on him, involving one of his dirty deeds for a friend. The list of possible scenarios on that topic is endless, and I couldn't get any details. The info came from outside the agency, so can anyone within the agency confirm the rumor and hopefully add some details?

Well from what I've heard Steve will have to worry about his own legal funds rather than trying to keep Archer quite by paying his legal fees. Archer you better make that deal while you still can because he will not be able to help you anymore.

Unregistered
08-19-2016, 01:00 PM
While I respect all that Ricky and 124 are trying to accomplish, I have to disagree with you on one point. One of the former fwc guys came over and after a short period of time was already in k-9. The other carries himself with a small man complex. Both have issues and it's only a matter of time before those come to the surface. Why did they leave their former employer, it wasn't the reasons they spout off about. Issues were coming to the surface over there supposedly......

I’m not sure what it is that you disagree with. I was specifically asked about my feelings in reference to this subject earlier on page 2 of this thread. My answer was: “I firmly believe that you get what you earn, but apparently that’s just me”. Shortly thereafter, I gave Andy Taylor some words of wisdom and told him not to get caught up in the drama. Neither of those statements was an endorsement of approval, or condemnation.

I personally believe that a new hire (no matter what his/her experience level) should serve his/her initial probationary year working in an entry level position. After that the deputy should have to apply (and test) for any specialty unit. If he/she is the best person for the job, then so be it. That being said, I worked as a patrol deputy for about three months before, being promoted to sergeant. I didn’t ask for that, and was actually coerced into it. That created a great deal of animosity toward me, as I knew it would. A close friend of mine left our previous agency and went to LCSO knowing that he had been recruited for a position in the training unit. He did his FTO in road patrol and was immediately transferred into training. Despite being the most qualified trainer in the unit, he was resented by both road patrol deputies and peers in the training unit, and after three years left the agency because of it. I have several other examples of why I feel this way, but you get the point. It’s not to punish the new hire, but in the interest of fairness to both the new hire and his/her peers.

As for the rest of your concerns, I’ve not heard anything negative about the job performance of the either of the two deputies about whom you have concerns. Whether or not I agree with the way they were hired or dealt with after the fact is irrelevant at this point. I had no control over that, and unless the decision was grossly negligent, I don’t see any cause to change it. By the time the new admin takes over those guys will have been there nearly two years. With any deputy (not just these two) the new leadership will review performance and address any short comings with the appropriate action. Whether that be retraining or some other type of corrective action, it will be done in a professional and fair manner.

Wow. I had no intention of making this answer that long. I should have gone with “don’t hate the player, hate the game”, and been done with it.

Unregistered
08-19-2016, 01:16 PM
What does the Garcia campaign plan on doing about the condemned jail? Surely, that'll be a budgetary issue that may affect campaign promises.

That may be the million dollar question, or multi million at this point. As I’ve previously admitted, corrections is not my forte. Business however, is Ricky’s forte. We’ve had conversations with several very experienced corrections professionals. Some who have been involved in the construction of new facilities and some who have over hauled older facilities. That’s a decision that’ll have to be made after extensive research and coordination with the county, and something I’m in no position to discuss at this time.

Unregistered
08-19-2016, 03:21 PM
I need the details on this^^^ pr is it just rubbish?

Unregistered
08-19-2016, 08:35 PM
I need the details on this^^^ pr is it just rubbish?

Huh! Anybody else see something suspicious going on here? I explained the steps we have taken to prepare for this issue after taking office. Then I explained why it would be negligent of me to commit to or even comment on a long term solution at this particular point in time. This pushing me to commit like that seems desperate. Shouldn't you be working on your retirement speech or legal defense fund?

Unregistered
08-19-2016, 09:38 PM
Well from what I've heard Steve will have to worry about his own legal funds rather than trying to keep Archer quite by paying his legal fees. Archer you better make that deal while you still can because he will not be able to help you anymore.

Archer and his skinny "GF" should both be fired. What horse crap.

Unregistered
08-19-2016, 11:06 PM
"Skinny gf". Lmao. Dont be jealous Archer put the moves on her before anyone else could before the divorce. "You've lost that lovin feeling, that lovin feelin."

Unregistered
08-20-2016, 01:07 PM
How does the Garcia campaign plan to address the lies Whidden has people believing? SRO in every school? False. Four man K-9 interdiction unit? False. More deputies on the road? False. Decreased upper administration positions? False.
Where is he posting the truth? Hires incompetent people from Labelle? True. Ran off most of the good the deputies? True. Favoritism toward certain deputies? True. Blowjob from a SGT that looks like a man? True or False? Survey says TRUE!
124 PLEASE explain how these lies vs truth can get out into the community?

Unregistered
08-20-2016, 01:53 PM
I hear the bj was in his patrol car during work....but thats probably just a rumor because who would brag about blowing an oompa loompa ?

Unregistered
08-20-2016, 02:27 PM
I just hope someone can beat Steve. I doubt it can be done because it seems the general public is ignorant and does not care.

Unregistered
08-20-2016, 09:32 PM
How does the Garcia campaign plan to address the lies Whidden has people believing? SRO in every school? False. Four man K-9 interdiction unit? False. More deputies on the road? False. Decreased upper administration positions? False.
Where is he posting the truth? Hires incompetent people from Labelle? True. Ran off most of the good the deputies? True. Favoritism toward certain deputies? True. Blowjob from a SGT that looks like a man? True or False? Survey says TRUE!
124 PLEASE explain how these lies vs truth can get out into the community?

Let me reassure you that the Garcia campaign is being managed by a professional campaign manager, and on a very strategic time frame. It is my understanding that to this point here has only been political sparring and posturing. Once the primary is over in about ten days they’ll have a wealth of information in reference to the direction of the campaign. I’m told that the final and intensive push will begin from there. I know that resources for exposure and rebuttal of Steve’s outrageous lies are being lined up now, but I’m not involved in the campaign in that way.

This is off topic but I have to point it out, because it’s hysterical. Steve is absolutely on his heels right now. Look at the way he’s taken to Facebook recently. He obviously feels like he took a beating at the Clewiston candidate’s forum last week, because within an hour or so afterward he posted a bunch of BS about Ricky promising to hire twelve additional deputies to staff a central county district. Ricky didn’t touch that topic that evening. Then late last night he cries about some fictitious conspiracy theory, and a radio show host who hurt his feelings. It is glaringly apparent to me that good ole Peach is feeling bad about himself and has to resort to Facebook to beg people to tell him that he’s gonna be ok, what a good sheriff he is, and that mean old Ricky Garcia needs to stop picking on him. Always the “poor me” victim. When is that BS stuff going to end, is my question?

Unregistered
08-20-2016, 09:53 PM
He does play the victim alot.

Unregistered
08-22-2016, 01:09 AM
I read all these post but have yet to read specifics. When will we know all the details of the corruption going on with the present administration?

Hano
08-22-2016, 10:57 AM
Very interesting threat. 124 really seems to be making some good points. Why can't I find any information from the forum the other night? I know 4 years ago I found one of the Sheriff forum's put on by the Clewiston News on YouTube. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Unregistered
08-22-2016, 02:15 PM
I read all these post but have yet to read specifics. When will we know all the details of the corruption going on with the present administration?

The deputies are all well aware of the continuous acts of corruption, as most have had to look the other way when becoming involved in it as they do their jobs. Getting it out to the public is a difficult proposition. Steve has done a good job of covering up his dirty deeds, and out of fear for their jobs the deputies can't risk being whistle blowers. To add to that difficulty, I've heard Steve say "nobody cares what happens in little old Hendry County" unfortunately he's right. The local media outlets in Ft. Myers rarely cover anything that happens away from the coast. I understand that there are some things going to be publicized in the near future. We shall see...

Unregistered
08-22-2016, 02:24 PM
Very interesting threat. 124 really seems to be making some good points. Why can't I find any information from the forum the other night? I know 4 years ago I found one of the Sheriff forum's put on by the Clewiston News on YouTube. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The forums to this point have all been "meet and greet" kind of forums. The candidates usually have 2 or 3 minutes to introduce themselves and speak briefly about what they are running. Being that the forums are all leading up to the primary election, there are sometimes more candidates than citizens in attendance. I haven't seen professional video recording at any of the forums yet, but I'm sure that will follow after the primary. Many of the Hendry County races will be settled in the primary and the forums to follow will be more in depth and detailed. I would expect that those will be recorded and made public. Just my opinion

Unregistered
08-22-2016, 04:01 PM
So say for instance Steve is under investigation for criminal charges, and is subsequently arrested for his deeds, will he be in the position to still run for re-election after his arrest? Inquiring minds want to know.

Unregistered
08-22-2016, 06:22 PM
So say for instance Steve is under investigation for criminal charges, and is subsequently arrested for his deeds, will he be in the position to still run for re-election after his arrest? Inquiring minds want to know.

Sounds like somebody knows something they're not sharing. In May of this year when Marion County Sheriff Chris Blair was indicted for perjury and official misconduct he was arrested and removed from office by Governor Scott. In 2013
Liberty County Sheriff Nick Finch was indicted after he refused to allow a deputy to arrest a man who was carrying a concealed weapon. He was also removed from office by Governor Scott. So basically, if a sitting sheriff is formally charged with a crime he/she is removed from office by the governor. I would think that being removed from office would be detrimental to a re-election campaign.

Unregistered
08-22-2016, 08:22 PM
Sounds like somebody knows something they're not sharing. In May of this year when Marion County Sheriff Chris Blair was indicted for perjury and official misconduct he was arrested and removed from office by Governor Scott. In 2013
Liberty County Sheriff Nick Finch was indicted after he refused to allow a deputy to arrest a man who was carrying a concealed weapon. He was also removed from office by Governor Scott. So basically, if a sitting sheriff is formally charged with a crime he/she is removed from office by the governor. I would think that being removed from office would be detrimental to a re-election campaign.

So you mean to tell me it's against the law for a sheriff to interfere or obstruct one of the deputies from making a lawful arrest? Does the administration know of such a law? Do post the Florida statute!

Unregistered
08-22-2016, 08:29 PM
So you mean to tell me it's against the law for a sheriff to interfere or obstruct one of the deputies from making a lawful arrest? Does the administration know of such a law? Do post the Florida statute!

Anyone else hear the cricket?

Unregistered
08-22-2016, 08:49 PM

Official Misconduct. F.S.S 838.022. http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Nicholas+Finch+Arrest+Warrant.pdf

No. I don't believe that anyone within the HCSO administration has any clue. How many times has Steve violated this statute? I can think of 3 or 4 without giving it much thought at all. If you ask him he was "preventing the deputy from making a bad arrest". Why does he only stop deputies from making bad arrests of his buddies? He doesn't stop anyone from making a bad arrest on people he doesn't know. Just sayin...

Unregistered
08-22-2016, 09:06 PM
In fact! Sometimes he even encourages bad arrests. Just ask Fernando. I personally told Kevin that the elements of the crime (Batt LEO and Agg Stalking) didn't exist, and he told me that they were going to do it anyway and to mind my own business. The result was "prosecution declined", but at least they got a booking photo for a trophy.

Unregistered
08-22-2016, 10:35 PM
I know the upper admin are probably not too comftorable after reading some of these statements. Especially with 124 leading this excursion to rid Hendry County of this filth and unjust law enforcement. I can think of a few Deputies and higher ups who left who have similiar stories to the ones who have Sheriff's removed from office. Hope he is on good terms with those who left. Highly doubtful though.

Unregistered
08-23-2016, 01:05 AM
I know the upper admin are probably not too comftorable after reading some of these statements. Especially with 124 leading this excursion to rid Hendry County of this filth and unjust law enforcement. I can think of a few Deputies and higher ups who left who have similiar stories to the ones who have Sheriff's removed from office. Hope he is on good terms with those who left. Highly doubtful though.

Good terms....Mmm yeah, probably not. Maybe john will get some additional interviews.

Unregistered
08-23-2016, 06:49 PM

It doesn't affect either way concerning the jail. That responsibility is for the County Commission. Shame on any "Sheriff" who accepts that responsibility.

The State will sue the sitting Sheriff and the Commissioners. But in reality it is the County Commissioners who are responsible for the Sheriffs facilities. (FSS Chapter 30)

Unregistered
08-24-2016, 06:53 AM
Ok, I have listened, read and researched what I could at this time. After doing so, I have become greatly concerned with both the Sheriff’s response and the nonchalant response of my fellow residents that have posted their opinions and responses on various Facebook pages. So, in a respectful manner, I have attempted, by utilizing bullet points to indicate areas of concern in the response, followed by parentheses to express my concerns, analysis and/or questions that come to mind when reading the Sheriff's response. Please feel free to let me know if my analysis is out in LaLa land or not, for I am not a LEO but understand the necessity of documentation and research/investigation of issues to the full extent due my experience of dealing the State of Florida and the public.

The posted response is as follows with my analysis:
Ok, so here is my opponents latest fabrication through the use of his mule radio show host John Cardillo, out of Miami. I know I should probably ignore it, but a lot of people believe what they hear on the radio, and my opponent has shared it through Facebook.
Mr. Cardillo gets on the radio this morning and claims that I kept the deputies from arresting a guy on a supposed hit and run of a 15 year old girl. It is very clear that he is taking the word of Garcia and that he has not read the report. Here are the facts of the case.
• A 15 year old girl was walking to the bus stop in the dark, in the road, wearing dark clothing (So, was the driver not aware that kids walk down this road to go to the school bus? What was the speeding limit on this road? Was the driver exceeding the speed limit?)
• A pickup truck comes by and clips her on the arm breaking the mirror. (What is the velocity of impact required to break a side mirror on a truck? What is the distance from the tip of the mirror to the side of the vehicle? 4 inches to 10 inches?) (“clips her on the arm” if the mirror clipper on the arm, she or the mirror should have been deflected enough to prevent the breaking of the mirror. Common sense would indicate that the object the mirror struck must have been close to the center of the mirror) (Bottom Line, the driver almost ran her over! How tall was she? What kind of truck was it? If the truck was a Toyota she would have to be close to 5ft tall to hit her arm, full size truck over 5ft tall)
• The girl goes to the bus stop and waits for the bus. She gets on the bus and goes to school telling no one about the incident until later. Her mother brings her to the office later that day to report. We tell her to take her to the doctor to get checked out and come back. She returns to the office and tells the deputy she has bruising but nothing serious. (She has bruising? Again – how fast does a vehicle have to travel in order to break a side mirror against a 15 year old girls arm?) (Did the mother not want to press charges? I mean, her daughter almost got run over by a TRUCK that was going fast enough to break the side mirror, but it is “nothing serious”. And even though the daughter was almost run over, we are not pressing any charges – said no mother ever!)
• The deputies respond to the scene and locate a piece of the broken mirror and identify the vehicle through serial numbers on the glass. Approximately two weeks later, the deputies conduct a traffic stop on the vehicle and tell the driver he is under investigation for hit and run. (What was the infraction for the initial traffic stop? Did the drive receive a ticket for it?)
• The driver, who I only know through seeing at different restaurants, calls me on the phone and tells me the deputies are trying to arrest him for hit and run. (If you only “know the driver through seeing at different restaurants”, why does he have your number? I usually only exchange numbers with friends or business associates. Did he call your cell phone or office number?) (Scenario- Cop tells me I am being arrested, but before I am hand cuffed, I call the Sheriff, who only knows me through seeing me at different restaurants, to get out of it. And since when does a Hendry County Deputy “Try” to arrest someone? They either arrest you or they don’t, right?)
• I asked him to tell me what happened. He stated that approximately two weeks ago, he was traveling home down the road in the dark when he heard a noise. He thought his tire had thrown something up and hit his truck. He said he didn't think anything of it until he reached his destination and realized his mirror was broken. (So he did not use the mirror during the rest of his commute home and only noticed that it was missing when he got there? And he was going home and not to work between 6AM to 7AM?) (Wait, so you trust the word of this guy over the Deputy? Isn’t this guy is a convicted felon, {According to John Cardillo and the Federal Government}, but has enough sway to call and get out a ticket and/or from being arrested?)
• Thinking that he may have hit a mailbox or something, he decided to go back to where he thought he heard the noise. He stated that he didn't see anything in the road. The only thing he saw was a school bus with its lights on traveling on the road. I then spoke with the deputy who stated the gentlemen told him the same thing. I told the deputy that we know he came back to the scene because he saw the bus. Based on the fact that the guy came back to the scene, I didn't feel that his actions met the elements of the crime of leaving the scene of an accident. (Did his actions meet the elements of reckless driving? He did hit a 15 year old girl! And if so, was he charged?)
• However, I asked the deputy to take sworn statements from everyone and to send it to the State Attorney's Office for a warrant review, which we did. The state agreed and denied the warrant. If the State had filed the warrant, we would have arrested him but they did not. (Under the Florida Sunshine Law and the FOIA, we can request these documents to be produced. This will provide the transparency needed for voters to discern if the Incumbent is performing the public service assigned by him by the voters and residents of Hendry County.) We did our job.
• Mr. Cardillo also made the allegation that on a different case, I told the deputies to stop working on murder cases and start looking for stolen coolers. This just did not happen. Very coincidental that Garcia told the same lie at the Harlem Forum about a month ago.(I have left this section out of my analysis for the time being)
• You know, a huge part of being a Sheriff is to know the laws well enough to keep deputies from making bad arrests (What is defined as a bad arrest? Does this indicate that the Deputies are not well trained enough? And if so, why are they not trained better? You have been our Sheriff for almost two full terms, if this is a problem, have they been trained to better to understand the law and make only good arrests?)
• and I have done this on more that one occasion (How many “Occasions” have there been? Are they documented? If so, we request Under the Florida Sunshine Law and the FOIA that these documents to be produced.) (Once more, on the subject of “bad arrests”, are bad arrests the Deputies are making a reoccurring problem? Sounds like it. Again, why are you staffing our Sheriff’s Department with Deputies that are making bad arrests? Do you need to train them better? Or have they been trained better? Or is there a disconnect between the Deputies and Management?).
• I did not attempt to keep a friend out of jail, as Mr. Garcia and Mr. Cardillo claimed. (Again, he has your number. Did he call your cell or the office?)
• If I did, I would have told the deputy to simply not arrest the guy, instead of sending the incident to the State for a warrant. (Under the Florida Sunshine Law and the FOIA provide these documents) Like I said in my previous post, Mr. Cardillo is taking my opponents allegations as facts and has not conducted any research to find the truth. This is radio sensationalism at its finest folks!!!

My Summation:
A 15 year old girl gets hit with the side mirror on a truck hard enough to break the mirror and the driver got what? !
Ok, he is not charged with a hit and run, but why not reckless driving?
And while and arrest attempt is being made, he is able to call the Sheriff, whom he only knows from seeing him in restaurants, and gets out of being arrested at that time?
I guess the fault sounds like it is the 15 years old’s for walking to the school bus stop in the dark while wearing dark clothes and not the driver that hit her with his truck mirror.
Sorry dude, hit my kid with your truck mirror and get out of it completely, sounds like I would be having problems with the driver, the Sheriff and the State’s Attorney.
Is this a bunch of BS or What? Please let me know,

Thanks,
The Wizard Of OZ

Unregistered
08-24-2016, 11:01 AM
Im glad someone else saw through the b.s. response. They found him well before 2 weeks. Pulled over for a stop sign violation. Also no one I have met in restautants has my number and I nor Steve would answer phone at 6:45 am unless is was someone important like a close friend. I would dig further wizard and call the S.A.O. I am sure their story of events is different.

"Follow the yellow brick road."

Unregistered
08-24-2016, 01:06 PM
Wizard,

Your assessment of Steve's attempt to justify his actions are accurate, and his post is riddled with ridiculous lies. You posed a ton of questions, most of which are rhetorical. I'll clear up a couple of the highlights for you, most of which are contained within the report. 1. The girl was clearly not walking in the road. 2. The girl got on her bus and when she arrived at shcool immediately went to the clinic. Her mother had her picked up and at the HCSO main office just a few minutes after 8 am. 3. She was most definitely injured. 4. Steve's description of how the driver arrived at his destination, found his mirror broken, and returned to the scene clearly admits that he left the scene. 5. Approximately 6 weeks after the fact the little girl's attorney called the SAO to inquire about the status of the case. The SAO did not have the case and had to request if from the HCSO. Therefore they had not declined prosecution. 6. (Most important) During the stop the driver was given his Miranda Rights, and confessed to the crime. 7. The confession was made on a Tuesday morning. The driver surrendered to the Federal Department of Correction 3 days later on Friday morning. Why Steve is taking calls from a federally convicted felon is a question that really needs to be answered.

Florida State Statute 316.027(2)a. Crash involving death or personal injuries.

In his delusional account of the event, Steve clearly fulfilled all of the elements of the crime. Then made the comment that the elements of the crime didn't exist. He's clearly trying to lie his way out of this one as he has done so many times before. He's been doing this for years. He gets away with it because the deputies fear for their jobs and the citizens victimized by him fear retaliation. I can assure you that behavior like this from the sheriff is a major contributing factor to the loss of approximately 24 deputies in the last 18 months.

Everything I've told you is available to you through public information requests, however the local media is already doing that for you. Give it a couple days and the truth will come out

Unregistered
08-24-2016, 01:15 PM
Wizard,

Your assessment of Steve's attempt to justify his actions are accurate, and his post is riddled with ridiculous lies. You posed a ton of questions, most of which are rhetorical. I'll clear up a couple of the highlights for you, most of which are contained within the report. 1. The girl was clearly not walking in the road. 2. The girl got on her bus and when she arrived at shcool immediately went to the clinic. Her mother had her picked up and at the HCSO main office just a few minutes after 8 am. 3. She was most definitely injured. 4. Steve's description of how the driver arrived at his destination, found his mirror broken, and returned to the scene clearly admits that he left the scene. 5. Approximately 6 weeks after the fact the little girl's attorney called the SAO to inquire about the status of the case. The SAO did not have the case and had to request if from the HCSO. Therefore they had not declined prosecution. 6. (Most important) During the stop the driver was given his Miranda Rights, and confessed to the crime. 7. The confession was made on a Tuesday morning. The driver surrendered to the Federal Department of Correction 3 days later on Friday morning. Why Steve is taking calls from a federally convicted felon is a question that really needs to be answered.

Florida State Statute 316.027(2)a. Crash involving death or personal injuries.

In his delusional account of the event, Steve clearly fulfilled all of the elements of the crime. Then made the comment that the elements of the crime didn't exist. He's clearly trying to lie his way out of this one as he has done so many times before. He's been doing this for years. He gets away with it because the deputies fear for their jobs and the citizens victimized by him fear retaliation. I can assure you that behavior like this from the sheriff is a major contributing factor to the loss of approximately 24 deputies in the last 18 months.

Everything I've told you is available to you through public information requests, however the local media is already doing that for you. Give it a couple days and the truth will come out

This sounds like official misconduct to me FS. 838.022. I think the framework was laid by Steve's own admissions. I guess he thinks he is an attorney also because of the fact he believes he knows what the state would deem to be a good filing decision. I wonder if he know that he's staring down the barrel of a gun by playing a game with his freedom.

Unregistered
08-25-2016, 02:58 AM
This sounds like official misconduct to me FS. 838.022. I think the framework was laid by Steve's own admissions. I guess he thinks he is an attorney also because of the fact he believes he knows what the state would deem to be a good filing decision. I wonder if he know that he's staring down the barrel of a gun by playing a game with his freedom.

Looks like he has no clue. Typically, of course. Too busy playing facebook wars with voters who dare question his ethics. Even they notice he can't return a call but loves to keyboard nazi. Starting to look like the favors falling away though. Only a handful of felons and employees talking now. Plus the few he's actually drafting responses for. The rest are playing the scenarios out. Maybe if he took a break from social media to actually work or something reality would sneak in.

Unregistered
08-25-2016, 04:38 AM
Looks like he has no clue. Typically, of course. Too busy playing facebook wars with voters who dare question his ethics. Even they notice he can't return a call but loves to keyboard nazi. Starting to look like the favors falling away though. Only a handful of felons and employees talking now. Plus the few he's actually drafting responses for. The rest are playing the scenarios out. Maybe if he took a break from social media to actually work or something reality would sneak in.

Compartmentalized Narcissistic personality disorder at its finest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

He has problems. Not sure if they are entirely physical either. And Kevin better wake up and understand he is being named in all of this. It isn't going to be just Steve who falls, There will be a floodgate of sucked up players who have known but done nothing as well as those who participated. There will be several. Sad that their State Retirement will be forfeited if they get charged in the long run and convicted. Must be a real fun day at the office walking through the halls passing people by not knowing if they are the exact ones turning on him.

The difference between turning on an employer for just not liking someone is one thing. But when you are exposing illegal acts, and misconduct of an employer, that is not turning on them. That is the right thing to do. You know Steve, DO THE RIGHT THING.

Unregistered
08-25-2016, 10:37 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Damn, you absolutely NAILED IT with that diagnosis !!!!!

Unregistered
08-26-2016, 12:21 AM
Lt. W has been officially diagnosed. All I'm hearing are stuttering words as he try's to orchestrate another lie to Steve.

Unregistered
08-26-2016, 12:29 AM
Lt. W has been officially diagnosed. All I'm hearing are stuttering words as he try's to orchestrate another lie to Steve.

"I am going to be the next Sheriff", visions of grandeur much? Not surprised when history repeats itself when it comes to someone riding the fence. I am sure there are others talking to RG and LR just in case they pull off the big win. I can't blame Lt W for having plans you know "just in case".

Unregistered
08-26-2016, 12:49 AM
It's ok, another lie to Steve and Big Kev won't hurt anything.

Unregistered
08-26-2016, 01:31 AM
You guys keep harping on Lt., a Sgt is going to be the next problem for Steve.

Unregistered
08-26-2016, 04:37 AM
The weak pivot point to the whole mess is going to be this:

When one or more who have knowledge but are implicated either intentionally or still by knowing and failing to act, (see FSS and FSA's opinions on the non defense issue of any Sheriff or command staff issuing an unlawful order), and the house starts crumbling, which is happening as we speak, the chance to diminish the involvement is going to close.

In other words who will be allowed immunity for testimony and who will be sacrificed because they were too late in coming forward.

Simply thinking that they are covered because they were told to do something they or a reasonable person should have known to be illegal, by a supervisor has been blown apart nowadays in the court system. And upheld to include all of the participants because of the failure to act or report.

The only time percentage is weighed is civil cases, not criminal.

I would be knocking a door down to the State AG before anyone could allege anything. You are not vacuum cleaner salespeople. You are LEOs, or supposed to be, act like it. Retirement isn't something that you want to forfeit. Nor is the most important thing as you know...... Credibility.

Unregistered
08-26-2016, 04:40 AM
Yeah it isn't like the public is supportive towards law enforcement either these days.

Everyone is looking to hang any.

Would not want those odds on the other side hearing such a case.

Unregistered
08-26-2016, 11:01 AM
I just got chill bumps. Goodluck to all those involved, well maybe not everybody.

Unregistered
08-26-2016, 04:08 PM
What is the deal with Pelham being hired? Political or what?

Unregistered
08-26-2016, 06:01 PM
If he is, then I underestimated Chad's intelligence and perception. Thought he was much smarter than that. Of course book smart doesn't make you adept at character judgement, and if he is being hired, shame on him for even involving himself.

CPD was blown up for a few of his fiasco judgements as well come to think about it.

Unregistered
08-26-2016, 07:57 PM
What is the deal with Pelham being hired? Political or what?

I was wondering when that was gonna come up. It's pretty obvious what that's about. Two years ago Steve had nothing but negative things to say about Chad, and I mean really negative. Now all of a sudden they're BFFs and apparently Chad was hired as a sergeant. It's my understanding that several of the current SROs expressed concerns about that, and the sergeant's stripes were rescinded. Although he may not wear the stripes, I've been told that Chad is collecting sergeant's pay and will get the stripes as soon as the election is over. Pretty clear to me that Steve is desperate for every single vote and was willing to put aside his disdain for Chad to get those family votes. We'll see how that works out for him

Unregistered
08-26-2016, 09:12 PM
Damn good 43. Do you have mechanical fly robots on their walls? Paranoia and pandemonium...my favorite work environment.

Unregistered
08-26-2016, 09:57 PM
Lenny,
Do you ever get tired of talking to yourself on this forum????

Unregistered
08-27-2016, 12:33 AM
Someone tried to grow a pair. If you read this thread and think he is talking to himself, then you are delusional chief.

Unregistered
08-27-2016, 12:35 AM
Over 12,000 views and he is talking to himself. Seriously?

Unregistered
08-27-2016, 01:44 AM
Yep. Me times 100

Unregistered
08-27-2016, 02:48 AM
Lenny,

Guest raises a good point, false bravado is easy in anonymity. Isnt it "guest". But what really bugs you steve/kevin is he speaks effectively to the ranks. More effectively than either of you. He has out "chief ed" you chief. That and the fact that you're currently getting more exposure than you're each worth on radio/social media. Nothing like getting that a## torn up all over town by every person who ever openly hated on you. And then having media expose that embarrassment. Along with a few other unsightly details. "Disgruntled employee" or not. Victim of color of law crimes or not. They shut you down to your face and there's nothing you can do about it. Just like 124 does here. So go frantically gather supporters to defend you. Then the six of you huddle up and formulate a few legible responses, tossing all rules of the English language aside and spewing lies, accusations, and threats at voters and citizens. You are wasting time. Question to you guest, do you really believe you are getting out of what's coming? You have nothing outside of those county lines. When the ride ends what will you do? Enjoy the impotency kids. Something tells me you are familiar with it.

Unregistered
08-27-2016, 07:18 AM
I hear LT W. has an app in somewhere else... Anyone know anything

Unregistered
08-27-2016, 08:46 AM
I hear LT W. has an app in somewhere else... Anyone know anything
He tells people he has an application with another agency about once a year. Hes not leaving

Unregistered
08-27-2016, 12:10 PM
I hear there are more than just him with apps out somewhere. Yes, he does say he has an app out every year or so. It was PBSO one year. He was saying he had uniforms and all. Basic B.S. it was also the time he would talk to his subordinates about how the Sheriff, Chief along with Harrelle don't know how to run an agency. shortly after he went full time DUI Sgt. Then he was leaving to be a Fire Marshal so he says....shortly after he is Lt on night shift. I think everyone knows he couldn't get through the process at either of those.

Unregistered
08-27-2016, 12:30 PM
124, So I've been told that they lost yet another dispatcher! The schedule they have reinforced has these dispatchers working 60 plus hours a week with that so called supervisor they have working over them with no hours to help with the shortage. Please tell me these girls have help coming!These ladies are being stretched beyond what they should be! This is ridiculous! I can't even believe that bulldog is a supervisor after everything she has done!

Unregistered
08-27-2016, 01:35 PM
Lenny,

LMAO! Views 13,700. Daily average views in the last two weeks 400. Replies 230. If you think that I'm talking to myself you have seriously bumped your head. Seek medical attention ASAP. They all read this blog. Feel free to defend yourself here for us all to see. I hear people are tired of being forced to sit in your office and listen to your incessant babbling about how wrong I am about everything I post here. Don't worry it'll all be over for you soon enough.

Unregistered
08-27-2016, 01:46 PM
124, So I've been told that they lost yet another dispatcher! The schedule they have reinforced has these dispatchers working 60 plus hours a week with that so called supervisor they have working over them with no hours to help with the shortage. Please tell me these girls have help coming!These ladies are being stretched beyond what they should be! This is ridiculous! I can't even believe that bulldog is a supervisor after everything she has done!

Yes, I heard that another one escaped the madness, and good for her. What's going on there now absolutely absurd. In earlier posts I outlined the plans to repair the damage. Unfortunately it will be impossible to immediately fix it. Staffing of mission essential positions (road patrol and communications) is absolutely priority number one. Both of those positions require months of training, but yes we'll begin the repair process right away.

Unregistered
08-28-2016, 02:11 AM
124, what do you plan on doing besides sitting behind a computer when Whidden crushes Jackson? Then goes onto crushing Garcia in November. While I do enjoy reading your wit and comical writing, you probably need to find another hobby come November.

Unregistered
08-28-2016, 04:17 AM
124, what do you plan on doing besides sitting behind a computer when Whidden crushes Jackson? Then goes onto crushing Garcia in November. While I do enjoy reading your wit and comical writing, you probably need to find another hobby come November.

Feeling confident during all that election rigging?? Aww enjoy it. A removal from office in January is still a win for hendry county.

Unregistered
08-29-2016, 12:24 PM
2 more days.

Unregistered
08-29-2016, 10:49 PM
Im sure you will help out the dispatchers...😉😉😉

Unregistered
08-30-2016, 04:02 PM
The calm before the storm. Not even the "cricket" is chirping. Must be worried about something. Hmm... election problems!

Unregistered
08-30-2016, 04:45 PM
The calm before the storm. Not even the "cricket" is chirping. Must be worried about something. We all know it's difficult for him to fight back his chirps and all. Comical to watch him try when he's under pressure. Similar to Josh stuttering when he's asked to tell the truth.

Unregistered
08-31-2016, 01:50 AM
The calm before the storm. Not even the "cricket" is chirping. Must be worried about something. We all know it's difficult for him to fight back his chirps and all. Comical to watch him try when he's under pressure. Similar to Josh stuttering when he's asked to tell the truth.

From an ex supervisor under this administration, I feel I must take up for JW. It's hard to balance being told one thing by the administrators and doing the right thing for your people and the county. I was scolded for telling on of my employees the truth and told to write them up because of their reaction to the completely unfair truth. Obviously I wasn't good enough at it. JW does really care about the employees there and the citizens of Hendry County, he has had better offers and gets frustrated like many employees have but he has stuck it out due to his commitment and loyalty.

Unregistered
08-31-2016, 01:57 AM
SHERIFF
Participating Precincts Completely Reported: 10 / 10
PrecinctDetails Precinct Details

ChoicePercentVotes
Johnny Jackson (DEM) 48.58% 1,142
Steve Whidden (DEM) 51.42% 1,209

Steve has to be sweating.... 67 votes Less than 3%

Unregistered
08-31-2016, 03:21 PM
Rumor is there will be a recount. There were republicans given dem cards. Prepare yourselves.

Unregistered
08-31-2016, 05:40 PM
Rumor is there will be a recount. There were republicans given dem cards. Prepare yourselves.

Gee. I wonder how that could have happened. Are there any Democrats who support the Sheriff who work for the Republican party? ....... Anyone?

Unregistered
08-31-2016, 08:04 PM
I didnt believe this until I found out a buddy was a registered republican and voted for whidden over jackson yesterday. I hope something is done.

Unregistered
08-31-2016, 09:24 PM

I am sure that recount will be accurate....JESUS

Unregistered
09-01-2016, 12:31 AM
I didnt believe this until I found out a buddy was a registered republican and voted for whidden over jackson yesterday. I hope something is done.

Corruption runs deep and strong in this county. Unfortunately the sheriff's position is the key to it all. He's the one who keeps them out of trouble and gives them the heads up if he should hear that other agencies may be looking at them. Without a sheriff in your pocket the corruption doesn't work. For that reason they can't afford to lose him. Just sayin

Unregistered
09-01-2016, 01:08 AM
The real question 124 is what will we see Ricky's campaign do now? We can see that Steve can almost lose to a guy who did not go to events or even try to campaign. Do you think the Steve will continue to beg for votes on FB to pull off a win by approximately 60 votes?

Unregistered
09-01-2016, 02:18 AM
The real question 124 is what will we see Ricky's campaign do now? We can see that Steve can almost lose to a guy who did not go to events or even try to campaign. Do you think the Steve will continue to beg for votes on FB to pull off a win by approximately 60 votes?

He better tack up some "please, please I'll do better" signs next to those 'thank you's on the camp signs. Didn't hear any bragging this go round. Especially from supportive employees. Wonder what happened there? Of course, he probably lost and had his SofE nudge him past finish. Well, favors are getting thin as pressure falls on the resources.

Unregistered
09-01-2016, 03:31 AM

Crushing? Egotistically speaking yes. Poor Stevie.

Well he can always go back to his entrepreneurial job of inventing incense that nobody buys. Being the inventor and CEO and all.

Along with his pay a fee, get a B college "degree"