PDA

View Full Version : Really Sad state of affairs

Unregistered
05-26-2016, 04:55 PM
I just wanted to comment and I admit it is out of frustration. 2 months ago, I pulled a young man over, his father he says is an officer with Orange County and he gave me his dad's name. I called the non-emergency line and verified that person existed. The young man, 27, had been drinking on the beach and had overdone it, you know those crazy kids. He was far from where he had to be and I called him an Uber, he had it on his phone, and moved his car off the road and put a note in his pocket of where his car was so he could get it in the morning. No harm, no foul. In a bizarre twist of fate, my daughter was going home from a late night out and got stopped for a headlight out. The officer asked her to do roadsides, which I had always told my kids, don't unless there is a camera because you want it to be what you do not what someone says you did. Anyway, I'm sure she had a slight smell and she admits that she had a few drinks hours before and I get that is never a good idea but she mentioned her parents are both cops and that her uncle that works for your department was close enough to get her. He arrested her anyway. I know she did the wrong thing, but there was no victim, and she was close to home. I feel sad that this mentality exists. I'm not sure who agrees and I don't want to argue, I just think it could have been handled differently and I try to treat others the way I would want to be treated. Thanks for listening and I hope this at least makes someone consider doing differently the next time. I guess that officer, that may be a reserve, taught me an important lesson. Stay safe and happy travels.

Unregistered
05-30-2016, 04:22 AM
I know that this strikes close to home, but try and be objective.

If you stopped the drunk young man you described a second time and he failed fse's again would you take him to jail? How many times do they get before the law applies to them? The victim may be the state of Florida but could just as easily have been your daughter.

I think I know who the deputy is given your description and likely they were not overly happy to make the arrest. Have her uncle contact the arresting deputy and find out the circumstances

Unregistered
02-04-2017, 01:35 PM
I just wanted to comment and I admit it is out of frustration. 2 months ago, I pulled a young man over, his father he says is an officer with Orange County and he gave me his dad's name. I called the non-emergency line and verified that person existed. The young man, 27, had been drinking on the beach and had overdone it, you know those crazy kids. He was far from where he had to be and I called him an Uber, he had it on his phone, and moved his car off the road and put a note in his pocket of where his car was so he could get it in the morning. No harm, no foul. In a bizarre twist of fate, my daughter was going home from a late night out and got stopped for a headlight out. The officer asked her to do roadsides, which I had always told my kids, don't unless there is a camera because you want it to be what you do not what someone says you did. Anyway, I'm sure she had a slight smell and she admits that she had a few drinks hours before and I get that is never a good idea but she mentioned her parents are both cops and that her uncle that works for your department was close enough to get her. He arrested her anyway. I know she did the wrong thing, but there was no victim, and she was close to home. I feel sad that this mentality exists. I'm not sure who agrees and I don't want to argue, I just think it could have been handled differently and I try to treat others the way I would want to be treated. Thanks for listening and I hope this at least makes someone consider doing differently the next time. I guess that officer, that may be a reserve, taught me an important lesson. Stay safe and happy travels.

I have taught my kids to call me anytime of the day or night if they need my help no matter where they are,
I'm not saying in any way that you're not a good parent, but why didn't she call you?

Unregistered
02-23-2017, 06:31 AM
Maybe the problem lies closer to home, if your daughter wasn't well over the limit and deathly afraid of her mother maybe this would have been resolved. If her "uncle" had stepped up to talk to the deputy maybe you would have some clue about what actually happened.