PDA

View Full Version : let's play a game

Unregistered
04-12-2016, 12:30 PM
Oh, how things have changed in Happydale.

8 years ago:

Officers went 10-8 with a paper log sheet and were left alone. These officers produced 20+ tickets a month and competed for arrest and got 5 F.I.s on top of it. They were never micro managed and the select few who were slugs wore that title as badge of shame. Nobody wanted to called a slug. Now people brag about how theyou are retired on duty.

CSAs loved their job and would not let officers take 4s and they knew what they did was very important and they were treated with respect.

2016:

Officers have 2 line ups a day.
Log sheets
60 minutes of directed patrols
Double backs
CRA houses to check
Computer pay sheets
Old P3 cards for pay
Camera log sheets
Camera pick up
Camera drop off
Homeless checks and outreach
Checking parks at dusk and chase of families
Taking 4s and other CSA calls as priority while CSAs skate by laughing

Let's play a game...Try for 2 months the old way of doing business. Just a log sheet and one damn roll call. I bet you'll see tickets and arrest go up.

Or gut the CSA budget and give me a camera and finger print cards and I'll do my own processing. Fire the CSAs and take that freed up salary and increase the training budget.

Unregistered
04-12-2016, 05:08 PM
It was even better when we were not top heavy like now. The place ran better when the command staff consisted of two Chiefs and three Captains! Cut the rest of the micro managing individuals out

Unregistered
04-15-2016, 11:34 PM
I remember when people would go 10-8 and you wouldn't see them for the rest of the day. They got their 20 tickets, 1-3 arrest, and 5 FIs with ease. No going 19, no command staff breathing down their necks, and people actually worked.

I really don't see this getting turned around. Luckily some of the problems will be DROPPED in the next 5 years.

Unregistered
04-22-2016, 07:45 PM
I remember when people would go 10-8 and you wouldn't see them for the rest of the day. They got their 20 tickets, 1-3 arrest, and 5 FIs with ease. No going 19, no command staff breathing down their necks, and people actually worked.

I really don't see this getting turned around. Luckily some of the problems will be DROPPED in the next 5 years.

From what I read, it sounds like your agency has a QUOTA, which is illegal.