PDA

View Full Version : are you freaking kidding me?!?!

Unregistered
02-16-2016, 08:49 PM
I guess patrol played no part in this at all?!?!?!?!?!?!?

“The chief (Joe Hall) started a new team in 2012, the Community Service Team, that is headed up by Sgt. Brian Dorman. I think that has something to with property crimes … they tackle issues,” she said.

The property crime rate has dropped by 4.8 over the last two years. What the Community Service Team does is they get to know people in different areas of town and they work with people, allowing them to contact the police when they feel something suspicious may be going on and getting to know the neighborhoods better. Bryan said property crimes are crimes of opportunity and having citizens know and trust police officers can help the police better patrol neighborhoods and know when the opportunities may arise.

“They can see where it’s happening and the CST and Brian can take his team to those locations and all resources can try to stop that particular problem,” she said.

Property crime is the highest in heavy residential areas and for the most part happens when items and houses are left unsecured. Areas that are more heavy in businesses generally don’t have a lot of property crimes, she said.

“People that get targeted are the ones where is opportunity. People can be working or homes are unsecured. Windows can be left open or bicycles are in the back yard,” Bryan said.

The opportunity also comes up with an item Bryan always pushes and that is in motor vehicle theft. Cars that are left unsecured, even for short periods of time, are opportunities. The latest statistics actually show at 37 percent jump in motor vehicle thefts where the raw numbers went from 37 in 2014 to 48 last year. Bryan has said in the past that more than 80 percent of motor vehicle theft is tied directly to leaving doors unlocked. Even when paying for gas at a gas station it’s a good idea not to leave your keys in car or leave the doors unlocked.

The drop in the violent crime rate, 10.2 percent, may have something to do with partnerships being formed between law enforcement and citizens. Forcible rape is down 28.6 percent, aggravated assault dropped 21.3 percent but robbery rose 72.7 percent from 11 to 19 over the last two years.

Keeping the communication constant is a part of the key, Bryan said. She pointed out the police department is operating with fewer people than it was 10 years ago and then some patrol was taken off the road when the Community Service Team was formed but that doesn’t mean those obstacles cannot be overcome.

Not only is the CST working with the community, but the Community Service Academy and police volunteers helps the department and may make up for fewer patrols.

“We have an aggressive approach and keep the citizens informed and it can affect crime trends,” she said.

Unregistered
02-16-2016, 10:49 PM
http://yoursun.com/sunnews/bartow/10516171-699/story.html.csp

Unregistered
02-18-2016, 02:50 AM
Let's see. One messing with little girls while on Sgt Dorkmans watch. One layed up with a Chicken head while under Dorkmans watch. One took off to another agency before he was caught up with the chicken layer. And they still found time to curb crime that much. Damn what a team. I am glad they are the only ones keeping Bartow safe. The rest of the officers may as well take the rest of the year off. Super Dorman has control of this situation. P.S. Bryan you give a $hitty interview IMO. Remember the rest of the hard working men and women the next time you pound his chest for him.

Unregistered
02-18-2016, 12:30 PM
Let's see. One messing with little girls while on Sgt Dorkmans watch. One layed up with a Chicken head while under Dorkmans watch. One took off to another agency before he was caught up with the chicken layer. And they still found time to curb crime that much. Damn what a team. I am glad they are the only ones keeping Bartow safe. The rest of the officers may as well take the rest of the year off. Super Dorman has control of this situation. P.S. Bryan you give a $hitty interview IMO. Remember the rest of the hard working men and women the next time you pound his chest for him.

She works for BD, of course she is going to pound his chest for him!

Unregistered
02-18-2016, 11:52 PM
Let's talk about CST reducing crime rates while their members are either involved in sexual misconduct with felons and juveniles or their members have knowledge of suspicious behavior with juveniles and they completely FAIL to report it. Reducing crime? How about increasing crime. That is the article that should be printed in the Democrat. Officer Dion conducting sexual misconduct with a felon on duty and sexually harassing other city employees = occurred while being a CST member. Officer Velez arrested for engaging in sexual intercourse with a juvenile = occurred while being a CST member. Officer "RT" (CST member) had a juvenile ride with rookie Officer "DB" (who was on probation) and well, misconduct allegations are pending. K9 Officer "DB" (CST member then) supposedly observed suspicious conduct between a juvenile and rookie officer "DB". Did he report it when he saw these actions like he was supposed to? No. Failed to act as an officer of the law. But hey, let's keep giving CST all the praise and accolades while ****ing (pun) everyone over. Let's keep LYING to the public and giving them a false perception of what that unit is all about. FDLE should actually come in and investigate this whole damn department! Can I get this article printed so the public knows exactly what kind of "service" they're providing?

Unregistered
02-19-2016, 12:29 AM
When are we going to be accredited? Is there a road block present every time an officer can't keep their sausage in their pants on duty or around juveniles? I'm seriously just curious because I'm 99.9% positive that will keep us from accreditation. Keep up the great work, guys! BPD is falling apart at the seams and I'm embarrassed to call some my coworkers!

Unregistered
03-01-2016, 06:07 PM
CST can't continue to sustain itself. As the department continues to lose people those assigned to CST will need to fill in the gaps. It won't be long until that unit is dissolved.

Unregistered
03-01-2016, 11:19 PM
CST can't continue to sustain itself. As the department continues to lose people those assigned to CST will need to fill in the gaps. It won't be long until that unit is dissolved.

BS! heard that before. jh isn't going to do anything to upset BD. That should be obvious by now.

Unregistered
03-02-2016, 12:52 PM
Why bother... It will never change say Bartow PD

Unregistered
03-08-2016, 01:34 PM
Everybody is so concerned about this 1 man unit... somebody needs to man the grill guys...

Unregistered
04-25-2017, 02:45 AM
This team (CST) is currently counting stop signs throughout the city while patrol runs with minimum man power. Nice job. Great use of resources.