PDA

View Full Version : Nppd honor guard

Unregistered
10-31-2015, 09:17 PM
Recently,Two members of the NPPD Honor Guard were afforded the opportunity to attend a slain New York City officers funeral. I fully understand tradition and respect. I too morn for every brother or sister lost whether in the line of duty or not. But my question is who is picking up the tab here? I understand jet blue provided the flights free of charge, but who is paying the salaries, rental car, lodging etc. Most likely the taxpayers of North Port. Traditionally when an officers funeral is conducted, it is usually departments from within the state and adjoining states, why did north port feel it was necessary to send two officers all the was to NYC. Again with all respect, really Keven !!! All that money wasted. Money that could be used for training or crisis intervention. Again I would fully support this if it was in state. In addition ,the new uniforms are sharp, except for one thing, campaign hats are traditionally worn by deputies, sheriffs, Canadian Mounties and troopers not city cops. City cops traditionally wear saucer hats or eight point hats, case in point Punta Gorda officers. How about those six number badges on those campaign hats, not even close to NPPD badges.
It just seems to me that since we have what ten open positions and with the six plus new supervisor positions all of whom are on days, we could have used these two officers to let's say, patrol the streets of North Port, not on a all expense vacation to NYC. One other comment, who picks up the liability if they get jammed up, after all it is NYC and they are Florida officers, not authorized to carry firearms in NYC.( not even NY permit holders or other NYS agencies can carry in NYC without written NYC authorization)
But I guess since you sent two K9 officers on a all expense vacation to springfield Ill to attend a non sanctioned convention and tournament at the taxpayers expense, oh but wait you got another fourth place trophy for your display case. So I guess the thousands of dollars wasted was worth it.

Stephanie Gibson
11-01-2015, 12:21 AM
I would second that motion. (abstain about the hat and badge stuff.. and will take your word for it)

Unregistered
11-10-2015, 11:40 AM
A citizen looking to run for city office (commissioner) was questioned on anwh information request from city hall.

The citizen asked who they would need to talk to in order to find out how special events, such as those our honor guard and canine div attend get budgeted, and obtain records of such.

The city rep who was questioned, rather then saying "let me check", shot back with the question, " why do you want to know?"

The citizen with political aspersions told the city rep to never mind, and they got the answer they expected.

It is my understanding that people were not to be questioned why they are requesting records.

Unregistered
11-10-2015, 03:42 PM
A citizen looking to run for city office (commissioner) was questioned on anwh information request from city hall.

The citizen asked who they would need to talk to in order to find out how special events, such as those our honor guard and canine div attend get budgeted, and obtain records of such.

The city rep who was questioned, rather then saying "let me check", shot back with the question, " why do you want to know?"

The citizen with political aspersions told the city rep to never mind, and they got the answer they expected.

It is my understanding that people were not to be questioned why they are requesting records.

Three commissioners seats up for grabs next year, we need new, never tarnished candidates to step up and lead.
We do not need the status quo or previous commissioners who were part of the problems in the past.
We need representatives of the community, who are aware of the illegal and unethical dealings in both city hall and all of the city departments. We need commissioners who are not affiliated with T Lewis or any Lewis what so ever.
As previously mentioned, three new members along with Yates form the majority. Once in place and just one change is made, it will be the domino effect. November 2016 can not come quick enough !!!!!!

Unregistered
11-10-2015, 04:49 PM
Well Moore has a turn at mayor. First hand info I'd Cook wanted nothing to do with the title. Seems some of the slightly extra work load with the title was the main reason.
It would have cut down on her state travels for really unnecessary city projects.
That appears to be the biggest reason she wanted to become a city commissioner in the first place. The ability to travel all over the state and stay at high end hotels and eat expensive food at taxpayer expense was just what she was looking for.

According to several people who have known her since she moved here, she is s road warrior. Long before she was commissioner always traveling. Never home more then s few days then she was off again.
Most commissioner don't use half their travel allotment at all.
Of all the commissioners she blows her annual travel budget the fastest. Sometimes in the matter of months.

To be fair she does stay here in town occasionally and contacts and visits the public. Usually though it is at functions and gatherings at some of our most up scale gated communities.

All this and she is a self described Ron Paul lover.