PDA

View Full Version : Honest question

Unregistered
09-29-2015, 01:00 AM
HONEST QUESTION.

If anyone with actual knowledge can answer this i would greatly appreciate it.

I want to apply with you guys but i notice that the benefits of the job are not posted on the job announcement.

I would like to know
1. Do you guys have a step program?
2. Are there any academic benefits for me, my wife or my children as an fiu officer?
3. Aftet how many years will i be vested?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Unregistered
09-30-2015, 03:07 AM
Anyone..........?

Unregistered
09-30-2015, 02:03 PM
People usually only come on here to bash eachother, not to promote the department.

But to answer your questions;
1) we are in the process of trying obtain a step program, we are still negotiating a contract
2) yes there is benefits for school
3) 6 years

Unregistered
10-01-2015, 10:45 AM
Unfortunately the comment above is true. We have a lot of knuckle heads.

1. No step program and I don't see one coming anytime soon.
2. Your allowed up to 7 credits per semester and must obtain a passing grade of B or better.
3. If you enrolled in the FRS prior to July 1, 2011, you need to have 6 years of service with an FRS employer to be vested in your Pension Plan benefit. If you enrolled in the FRS on or after July 1, 2011, you must have 8 years of service to vest.

Best of luck

Unregistered
10-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Correction ; Your = You're

Unregistered
10-01-2015, 03:42 PM
Thank to both of you. I submitted an application, waiting to start the process. Hopefully you guys are in need and hire quick. I know it is a long shot, but would like to start before the year is over.

Just #WishfulThinking

Unregistered
10-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Yes you are correct in your statement. Although we are currently experiencing a mass exodus, our hiring process can take awhile. Mine took a little over a year and they may currently have a hiring list, but I'm not sure. We don't have a polygraph exam so this mean you MUST pass your psychological exam with "Acceptable" not "Marginal". I didn't see any current openings with our department so this may mean they are working with a current list. My best advise is to keep dropping applications.

Again, best of luck

Unregistered
10-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Thank to both of you. I submitted an application, waiting to start the process. Hopefully you guys are in need and hire quick. I know it is a long shot, but would like to start before the year is over.

Just #WishfulThinking

I have been a LEO for a long time .. retired with a North Dade City Agency.. and also a State Agency.. I will tell you this , it is your attitude and who you surround yourself with that makes all the difference in the world while doing this job. You must keep a balance of your work, family and friends.. I am very grateful for the two jobs which gave me a very good pension..Many who come on the sites actually speak crap.. its just a lot of cops nature.

Do the best and save as much as you can.. and you will enjoy life after police work.. remember.. its only a job but a great proud job if you work it correctly. Including get all the schools you can for the future

Good luck and stay grounded..

Unregistered
10-01-2015, 04:51 PM
Again, thank you guys. This has been one of the very few threads where no one has bashed or made ignorant comments.

I understand the environment, as i am already an officer. My policy is do my shift and ride out. Im just looking for a financial break amd oportunity to provide for my family.

Again, thank you guys.

#StaySafe

Unregistered
10-06-2015, 08:04 PM
Anyone know when or if they started processing the applications for police officer? Thank you guys/gals, be safe.

Unregistered
11-04-2015, 03:31 AM
Anyone know when or if they started processing the applications for police officer? Thank you guys/gals, be safe.

Unregistered
11-11-2015, 08:45 PM
Good afternoon, does anyone know if the department started their hiring process?