PDA

View Full Version : Don't Apply

police
09-02-2015, 12:48 PM
The agency calls about 60 applicants for very few openings. You must do part of your own background investigation. They ask you to get 3 of your neighbors phone numbers, work place address & phone numbers and submit it for them. Mentors were unprofessional during applicant test, silly smiles. Not the place to work. Could you imagine going to your 3 neighbors and getting their workplace address & phone numbers? Like the requesting detective there said, "Your Cops, Do It"!

Unregistered
09-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Is this the first time you've every applied at a police agency. All agencies require you to provide references with contact info. Your applying for a potion that requires a neighborhood walk and talk so yeah, they need their info. If that is to much work for you then good luck finding a cop job. I had to do it for TPD, HCSO and Pinellas County.

Unregistered
09-12-2015, 01:02 AM
With all due respect, your writing skills are terrible! How did you pass a background check regarding the ability to write a police report?

Unregistered
09-26-2015, 01:11 PM
Just read the posts from present officers and you will see unhappy people here. Glad to work elsewhere.

Unregistered
09-26-2015, 01:16 PM
Got hired by PCSO, great organization. However you need to have prior law enforcement. They took over airport police at St. Petersburg Airport long ago and do it themselves. Heard that's going to happen in Tampa soon by HCSO. Was brought before county agenda.

You didn't read
09-26-2015, 01:57 PM
You didn't read the post. I said they wanted you to go to 3 neighbors and get their employment, employers phone number, their name & phone. Now if you moved into your neighborhood 6 months or a year ago, or at any time for that matter, can you right now go to 3 neighbors surrounding your home and ask their workplace & numbers? No, you weren't reading, other agencies ask for references and numbers, but a detective does their own physical in person neighborhood sweep. They did that for me. The Airport Police wants you to do it for them, unheard of, and applicants thought it was weird. Even the requesting detective knew it was weird, when grumbling started, he said, You are cops, go do it." Anyway look at posts from present employees.

Unregistered
09-26-2015, 02:00 PM
The only mistake he or she made was forgetting to place a question mark after Is this the first time you applied to a police agency???? Give him or her a break!

Unregistered
06-29-2016, 06:49 PM
Retiring soon and moving to the Tampa area I have taken the EOT and passed the state exam. I see another announment for for police officer again. Are they really hiring or just getting names for a list? I've read the forum and I see that you all have alot of issues with the agency, just like at my current agency. Is this a good retirement job for police officers? I'm looking for real answers not the " run don't apply"

Unregistered
07-07-2016, 03:58 AM
Better option is the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office. Prior LE starts at 55k plus a 3k signing bonus and take home cruiser.

Unregistered
07-28-2016, 06:16 PM
TIAPD starting pay isn't bad considering I'll be retired and so will my wife, I like the mission TIAPD does. Are any other retired LE working there? I've heard "Yankees need not apply" is that still true or alot of BS?

Unregistered
09-16-2016, 02:21 PM
I'm doing this on my phone so bare with me, I see that police officer is open again after it just closed a couple weeks ago. Makes me wonder are they mass hiring to expand, people jumping ship or is it something else?

Unregistered
09-16-2016, 05:44 PM
What's the staring salary with 7 years as a current LEO experience, also, is there any step plan currently in placed??

Unregistered
09-16-2016, 07:06 PM
What's the staring salary with 7 years as a current LEO experience, also, is there any step plan currently in placed??

LOL, you might get a dollor or 2 above min, not more tho. No step plan, you'll never max out. only way to get serious pay increase is thru promotion, and thats a crap shoot, nobody knows how the chief think. this place tends to hire retired officers who don't care so much about pay and already have a pension. those who can jump ship usually do, going to tpd after a couple years. dont come here for the pay

Unregistered
09-17-2016, 02:19 AM
That's perfect for me since I'll be retired and don't care about the starting pay. Yeah I know some will have something to say about that I'm sure