PDA

View Full Version : Corrections Crossover to Law Enforcement Academy (2015)

Unregistered
07-28-2015, 10:44 AM
For those of you who are interested in being dual certified, Miami Dade College School of Justice(North) is trying to put together a Crossover class before the 2015 year is over. Anyone interested can call the North campus and speak to Ms. Goodman who is ahead of the program. She will also have the necessary forms for you to fill out. They need close to 25 applications in for a start date. Contact number (305)237-1400

Unregistered
10-10-2015, 04:18 AM
Anyone interested? It would be 8am-12pm

Unregistered
10-23-2015, 05:36 PM
I've been trying not enough applicants

Unregistered
10-30-2015, 06:02 AM
Sad to say, but no one is interested in crossing over into Law Enforcement with today's negative climate. Many have opted to remain in the jails for the same amount of money and less danger.

Unregistered
10-31-2015, 10:06 AM
Sad to say, but no one is interested in crossing over into Law Enforcement with today's negative climate. Many have opted to remain in the jails for the same amount of money and less danger.

Yea but you don't have to just be a city officer or highway officer. There are plenty other places that a Law enforcement certification can get you into such as the IG's office, wild life, FDLE and so on. Its a good opportunity.

Unregistered
12-19-2015, 06:17 PM

I wouldn't go as far as to say "less danger" I would say it's a different kind of danger. Maybe there is more unpredictability on the street side of things, and the jail setting is a somewhat more controlled, but try being locked up alone in an open dorm with 64 or more of Miami-Dade County's finest criminals charged with crimes ranging from criminal mischief to 1st degree murder! Let's not forget the homemade weapons they fabricate that are even sharper than your best set of kitchen knives! I could say more, but is it really necessary? Also it's with mentioning that there is no physical barrier between the officer and the inmates in some jails! No bars, no nothing! Telling me that's less dangerous!!!? Think about that.

Unregistered
12-20-2015, 07:14 AM
I wouldn't go as far as to say "less danger" I would say it's a different kind of danger. Maybe there is more unpredictability on the street side of things, and the jail setting is a somewhat more controlled, but try being locked up alone in an open dorm with 64 or more of Miami-Dade County's finest criminals charged with crimes ranging from criminal mischief to 1st degree murder! Let's not forget the homemade weapons they fabricate that are even sharper than your best set of kitchen knives! I could say more, but is it really necessary? Also it's with mentioning that there is no physical barrier between the officer and the inmates in some jails! No bars, no nothing! Telling me that's less dangerous!!!? Think about that.

Amen brother!!