PDA

View Full Version : Is it true the pay is good at HPD?

Unregistered
07-10-2015, 05:22 PM
Some troll just told me that Homestead PD officer's - rookies make 100K a year and it's a good department to work for? Is this true? I would like to know before I leave this shit hole department I'm in now...

Unregistered
07-11-2015, 05:56 AM
With out a doubt, honestead police start off at 49k and have step grades. The amount of off duties and overtime available is ridiculous. Most officers easily hit 100k. The department is always giving incentives, which gives us more $$$$$. It's a great department, a very active area so you can't be lazy. The retirement is 80% after 20 years with an 8 year DROP. Miami beach, Miami Dade police, Aventura, Pincrest and Honestead are easily the best paying and well rounded police department

Unregistered
07-15-2015, 01:01 AM
They will even hire you if you have been fired by another agency for corruption or ethical failings. Just ask John Buchanan and Alejandro Murguido.

Unregistered
07-16-2015, 01:58 AM
This isn't Florida City. Don't get it twisted. Homestead Police Department has always had a great police force reputation. Very rare for corruption. They always hire family and friends before anything. A very tight police department. Very hard to get into.

Unregistered
07-17-2015, 01:09 AM
This isn't Florida City. Don't get it twisted. Homestead Police Department has always had a great police force reputation. Very rare for corruption. They always hire family and friends before anything. A very tight police department. Very hard to get into.

Are you serious?

The Chief is implicated in at least two different incidents of official misconduct for records destruction and falsification.

Both incidents include allegations against the head of IA Aquino, and the first includes the old head of IA Kent as well.

Like the poster above said they have hired people fired from other departments for violating the law, policy or other ethical failings. Go ask Buchanan why he got canned at MDPD, or ask Murguido why he got canned from Hialeah. I think you would be shocked if you knew the whole truth. It's in their personnel files which are public record.

Unregistered
07-19-2015, 03:38 AM
Can't beat the camaraderie and brotherhood at this department. Don't forget the outstanding pay :)

Unregistered
07-20-2015, 01:49 PM
Can't beat the camaraderie and brotherhood at this department. Don't forget the outstanding pay :)
It is not commraderi, the grand jury calls it unindited co-conspirators.

Unregistered
07-20-2015, 01:52 PM
The grand jury call's it unindited co-conspirators

Unregistered
07-20-2015, 04:37 PM
Don't hate buddy. You don't know half the shit how homestead is. You wouldn't dare work this area. You don't know what brotherhood is.

Unregistered
07-20-2015, 08:30 PM
Don't hate buddy. You don't know half the shit how homestead is. You wouldn't dare work this area. You don't know what brotherhood is.

Really, by what I have seen your department has a higher percentage of criminals than a random sample of the population.

The fish rots from the head. When you have a criminal Chief what do you expect?

Unregistered
09-16-2015, 08:07 AM
I heard you have to be a reserve officer for a year before you get a full time position. Is there truth to this? Would a lateral get exemption?

Unregistered
09-16-2015, 08:09 AM
Are you guys hiring? Didn't see anything on the city website.

Unregistered
09-17-2015, 03:11 PM
Must be a reserve until you build up a rep to fully get hired. They choose who they want and think is ready to go full time. There has been people go a month to full time and then there's others who goes years before getting hired. Reserves get paid 60k+ .