PDA

View Full Version : A letter from the Teamsters

Unregistered
06-04-2015, 07:28 PM
As we anticipated special session has been moving quickly. Your lobby team has been meeting with legislators daily. Today June 4, 2015 Representative Rehwinkel Vasilinda filed House Bill 39A (HB 39A). This bill calls for a 7% across the board raise for state employees. We need your assistance in reaching out to legislators.
The legislators need to hear from you the hard working men and women of the Department of Corrections. They need to hear how this well-deserved raise will assist with morale. A simple email carries a lot of weight from their constituents. The email or phone call should be short in nature with your name, where you live and work. Please be respectful in your request. We are professionals and must present our message in a professional and respectful manner if we want to be heard. This is an opportunity to participate and share your message and be recognized as the professional you are. Additionally discuss staffing shortages in your area and the fact that you have been doing more with less. Additionally, send a thank you to Representative Rehwinkel Vasilinda

Unregistered
06-04-2015, 07:45 PM
I will scare you even more. If you have been a part of this site for some years, you will remember that guy who went by the name " P". Well I was just told he is part of Teamster team who is at the session for the next week. So, we will not get a dime.

Unregistered
06-04-2015, 09:18 PM
I also have a problem if this was posted someone from the Teamsters. If you have ever gotten anything from the NRA and they want to 'Motivate' the Legislature with lets say an Email they will at the very least give you links to your Legislators, maybe tell you how to find out who your Legislator is, tell you who is dragging their feet. Again, just seems like a half effort to weak minded DC employees to wipe their own azz.

Unregistered
06-04-2015, 10:20 PM
No you are looking at this the wrong way. I am glad to know what is happening at the capital. And unlike you, I am not silly lazy to the point where I cannot look up the info my self. Hell, get out of your chair for once big boy. LOL

Unregistered
06-04-2015, 11:09 PM
I will make the call and make send emails tonight. We have nothing to lost by doing this so do it.

Unregistered
06-04-2015, 11:16 PM
I agree. I will call and send a email tonight too.

Unregistered
06-04-2015, 11:17 PM
They are trimming pet projects so any hope of a raise has set sail for this year. We might as well put all our efforts to 2016 and get our COLA back in our retirement. That's is the most important issue we face!!!

Unregistered
06-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Ms. Vasilanda was nice enough the file H39A for all state employee's to get a 7 percent raise. We have people trying to help us in Tallahassee. And all you can say is, lets give up? No, we need to keep fighting. I want to thank all the Teamsters who are fighting for the workers.

Unregistered
06-05-2015, 12:18 AM
7 percent for all state employees? With Governor Scott in office? Shit aint never happenin folks.

Unregistered
06-05-2015, 12:58 AM
Nothing will make you happy. Again, Ms. Vasilinda is trying to help. You must be a very a very sad person who lives a very sad life.

Unregistered
06-05-2015, 01:03 AM
7 percent for all state employees? With Governor Scott in office? Shit aint never happenin folks.

Sad but true

Unregistered
06-05-2015, 01:37 AM
You have no faith and lead a very sad life. You must be one of the six losers in circuit six.

Unregistered
06-05-2015, 10:35 AM

I agree. We will be lucky to get 2 or 3 percent this year. Watch the news - don't be ignorant. Scott is proposing tax cuts. Tax cuts won't fund 7 percent pay raises for every state employee. Stop living in a fantasy world. Get real.

Unregistered
06-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Why not take the chance and make the calls.

Unregistered
06-05-2015, 11:56 AM
I printed a copy of my local elected officials and gave one to each coworker. We are all calling and writing them. Heck, we got nothing to lose.

Unregistered
06-05-2015, 01:34 PM
That's all show... She knows a raise has no chance this session... 7% is pie in the sky.

Unregistered
06-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Well, if we get a raise, you can give me yours. You must live a sad life.

Unregistered
06-05-2015, 02:51 PM
How exactly did the Teamsters have anything to do with this bill? Its a proposed bill to raise ALL state employee's pay, not just ours. You people who actually pay the Teamsters are idiots. They take credit for something they had nothing to do with. There are multiple legislators on record who have said state employees deserve raises, so this isn't news. I'm glad there is something out there talking about raises, but the Teamsters had nothing to do with it. The mere fact they are willing to act like they did something on our behalf only reinforces their weakness as our union.

Unregistered
06-05-2015, 03:35 PM
http://teamster.org/content/florida-department-corrections-officers-vote-join-teamsters

This is the link to YOUR DOC Teamsters Website. You show me where there is anything about contacting the Legislature. Hell, they do not kept the Website up let alone care about us.

Unregistered
06-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Personally I am very happy with the DOC pay as it is. The lot rent in my trailer park has not increased in the last 3 years and my 1987 F-150 4x4 still runs pretty good so no need for extra money. My son got his GED and got a job with the DOC last year while my daughter got married after the baby came and now works at the local hair salon. With them kids out of the trailer we saved enough for a new shotgun for me and a boob job for my wife. Life is good at DOC.

Unregistered
06-05-2015, 07:21 PM
lol - I remember that naive officer named Phil claiming we would get all these nice raises under the Teamsters no matter what other state employees received and then we got nothing more then the state janitor while other state officers not under the Teamsters received thousands in extra raises the past 2 sessions. What a joke.

Unregistered
06-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Thanks teamsters..... For 3 years of nothing!!!

Unregistered
06-05-2015, 10:46 PM
Personally I am very happy with the DOC pay as it is. The lot rent in my trailer park has not increased in the last 3 years and my 1987 F-150 4x4 still runs pretty good so no need for extra money. My son got his GED and got a job with the DOC last year while my daughter got married after the baby came and now works at the local hair salon. With them kids out of the trailer we saved enough for a new shotgun for me and a boob job for my wife. Life is good at DOC.

A typical prison guard. No brains!

Unregistered
06-05-2015, 10:48 PM
Why not take the chance and make the calls.

The only call I will make is to Papa Johns! We aren't getting jack. Don't waste your time!

Unregistered
06-06-2015, 12:08 AM
House Bill 39A is making momentum in the House. Please, please, please contact your local representative to support this bill. There is not much time left.

Unregistered
06-06-2015, 12:14 AM
House Bill 39A is making momentum in the House. Please, please, please contact your local representative to support this bill. There is not much time left.

Never beg for money. Accept that you have failed. Begging is for dogs

Unregistered
06-06-2015, 01:08 AM
No Senate companion bill... Not enough time... Word is the budget will be completed wed.

Unregistered
06-06-2015, 03:05 AM
What. The session goes till the 20th. There is plenty of time. Why are you so negative.

Unregistered
06-06-2015, 04:23 AM
Cause the budget has been crafted. It will be probably be sent to the governor next week so you do the math.... Im not being negative just realistic.

Unregistered
06-06-2015, 01:16 PM
Dude, what the f##k does ( the budget has already been crafted) mean? Are you looking into your crystal ball? You are not realistic. Your just a dam liar. The session and its agenda go until the 20th. This gives the senate plenty of time to introduce a companion bill. So stop your lies because you do not know jack shit.

Unregistered
06-06-2015, 01:53 PM
I'll post back wed... Just to see if I'm a liar or not.....

Unregistered
06-06-2015, 03:32 PM

I agree with you. The cards have already been dealt and we aren't getting a dime. In fact we won't get anything until after January 2019 when that bald headed geek is gone. The problem with most people on this page is they have some type of hope that a politician or politicians give a two cents about you. They don't and I for one am not calling these butt pirates begging for anything.

Unregistered
06-06-2015, 05:00 PM
I heard Phil was up in Tally this week fighting for us. Did he provide any feedback on how it went??

Unregistered
06-06-2015, 06:48 PM
Never beg for money. Accept that you have failed. Begging is for dogs

Get you a cardboard sign and a street corner. Guaranteed to provide more money than the legislature.

Unregistered
06-06-2015, 07:56 PM
I heard Phil was up in Tally this week fighting for us. Did he provide any feedback on how it went??

He is sending text messages to everyone he knows. I know he has sent messages to naples, Orlando, Tampa, Miami and Jacksonville. I work in the Orlando area and he has asked me to pass on his info. Has anyone else heard from him?

Unregistered
06-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Well, what did he pass on?

Unregistered
06-07-2015, 01:42 AM
Well you must not be on his contact list. So, either you are not member. Why don't you drop him a call and he will show you how to join the team. Then, you will be put on the contact list.

Unregistered
06-07-2015, 01:51 AM
I think Phil is at the capital until Wednesday.

Unregistered
06-07-2015, 01:10 PM
Well you must not be on his contact list. So, either you are not member. Why don't you drop him a call and he will show you how to join the team. Then, you will be put on the contact list.

In another words, you don't know jack!

Unregistered
06-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Get you a cardboard sign and a street corner. Guaranteed to provide more money than the legislature.

I agree. Its a shame we have to beg every year.

Unregistered
06-07-2015, 02:45 PM
In another words, you don't know jack!

You are correct. I do not know jack. I know Phil

Unregistered
06-07-2015, 05:35 PM
And everyone know Phil. So, have you been living under a rock?

Unregistered
06-07-2015, 11:15 PM
Do you know him?

Unregistered
06-07-2015, 11:21 PM

blah, blah, blah

Unregistered
06-08-2015, 06:53 AM

You mean telling us they laughed at him and the Teamsters just like the past 3 years. lol

Unregistered
06-08-2015, 12:10 PM
I have known Phil McCrevis for nearly 20 years and there is no doubt in my mind that he is the best man for the job of representing us in Tally. Nobody can guarantee getting a raise from the politicians, especially now when they are stiffening against spending more money, but Phil McCrevis is our best chance. It is time that we all put aside the petty bickering and get behind Phil McCrevis.

Unregistered
06-08-2015, 09:24 PM
You mean telling us they laughed at him and the Teamsters just like the past 3 years. lol

You mean Phil the guy who made sure pba was booted out? That Phil?

Unregistered
06-08-2015, 10:22 PM
So, is that who you are speaking about?

Unregistered
06-08-2015, 10:58 PM
I have known Phil McCrevis for nearly 20 years and there is no doubt in my mind that he is the best man for the job of representing us in Tally. Nobody can guarantee getting a raise from the politicians, especially now when they are stiffening against spending more money, but Phil McCrevis is our best chance. It is time that we all put aside the petty bickering and get behind Phil McCrevis.

Who the hell is Phil McCrevis???

Unregistered
06-08-2015, 11:17 PM
Ha ha ha ha. We all know who Phil McCrevis is and he is the man for the job.

Unregistered
06-09-2015, 12:45 AM
Do you need to contact Phil?

Unregistered
06-10-2015, 04:52 PM
Do you need to contact Phil?

Just look up Phil McCrevious

Unregistered
06-10-2015, 06:45 PM

Well, it is Wed as you said. And you claim to know when the budget will be done. As you said on Monday, it has already been crafted and will be done by Wednesday. You even went on to tell us all that you would come back here to rub our faces in the mud. Well, they are working on the budget still. And they have meetings set for tomorrow and Friday. So, you are either a liar or you do not know Jack Shit.

Unregistered
06-10-2015, 10:04 PM
All this is Phils fault period

Unregistered
06-10-2015, 11:40 PM
All this is Phils fault period

Dam you Phil McCrevious

Unregistered
06-11-2015, 11:52 AM
Have the Teamsters released a statement on the pay issue lately? They said they would be on top of things prior to their election and get us heard and some nice raises - better than other state employees. What is going on.

Unregistered
06-11-2015, 02:05 PM
Gee, when did they say all that? Please show us where they ( Teamsters) made the statements you speak about here?

Unregistered
06-11-2015, 06:26 PM
We are still waiting. Please show us where and when the Teamsters made these statements? We think you may be hearing voices in your head. LOL

Unregistered
06-11-2015, 09:02 PM
From Nov. 17, 2011

TALLAHASSEE, Fla.) – A majority of the nearly 20,000 correctional, probation and parole officers with the Florida Department of Corrections (FDOC) have voted to join the Teamsters Union, seeking strength and power on the job. The Teamsters’ victory in the election was announced today.

“This is a great day for Teamsters and FDOC officers,” said Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa. “FDOC officers have shown that in tough times, they want a tough union to represent them. On behalf of the 1.4 million Teamster members, I congratulate these officers for joining the growing movement of public service workers nationwide seeking Teamster power.”

The vote for Teamsters Local 2011 was a decisive win over the Police Benevolent Association and the International Union of Police Associations.

Glynn Reeder, a sergeant with Florida State Prison in Raiford, was active in organizing his co-workers to join the Teamsters and was present at the vote count.

“The Teamsters have shown us that we can make positive change when we work together as a union,” Reeder said. “Now that we’ve won the election, we need to get everyone to become an active member of our new union so FDOC officers can change our destiny.”

“I’m very excited that all of us came together—probation, parole and correctional officers—to unite for a better future with the Teamsters,” said Becky Pastor, a correctional probation senior officer in Lake City. “We’ve learned that we are the union and it’s up to us to make the change we need.”

“We welcome FDOC officers to Teamsters Local 2011, a newly chartered local that will solely represent and serve the interests of FDOC officers,” said Ken Wood, International Vice President and Acting President of Local 2011, based in Tampa.

“These officers go to work every day to keep our communities safe and they deserve the best representation, which Local 2011 will provide.”

“This Teamster victory is a statewide referendum that FDOC officers want a new voice in the workplace and in Tallahassee,” said Michael Filler, Director of the Teamsters Public Services Division. “It’s time for elected officials and government administrators to value the thousands of public employees who protect communities against Florida’s inmate population. The Teamsters look forward to beginning that dialogue to correct the years of neglect within the Department of Corrections.”

Unregistered
06-12-2015, 12:59 AM
Where is a Dolorean with a flux capacitor when you need one!!!!!

Unregistered
06-13-2015, 12:58 AM
From Nov. 17, 2011

TALLAHASSEE, Fla.) – A majority of the nearly 20,000 correctional, probation and parole officers with the Florida Department of Corrections (FDOC) have voted to join the Teamsters Union, seeking strength and power on the job. The Teamsters’ victory in the election was announced today.

“This is a great day for Teamsters and FDOC officers,” said Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa. “FDOC officers have shown that in tough times, they want a tough union to represent them. On behalf of the 1.4 million Teamster members, I congratulate these officers for joining the growing movement of public service workers nationwide seeking Teamster power.”

The vote for Teamsters Local 2011 was a decisive win over the Police Benevolent Association and the International Union of Police Associations.

Glynn Reeder, a sergeant with Florida State Prison in Raiford, was active in organizing his co-workers to join the Teamsters and was present at the vote count.

“The Teamsters have shown us that we can make positive change when we work together as a union,” Reeder said. “Now that we’ve won the election, we need to get everyone to become an active member of our new union so FDOC officers can change our destiny.”

“I’m very excited that all of us came together—probation, parole and correctional officers—to unite for a better future with the Teamsters,” said Becky Pastor, a correctional probation senior officer in Lake City. “We’ve learned that we are the union and it’s up to us to make the change we need.”

“We welcome FDOC officers to Teamsters Local 2011, a newly chartered local that will solely represent and serve the interests of FDOC officers,” said Ken Wood, International Vice President and Acting President of Local 2011, based in Tampa.

“These officers go to work every day to keep our communities safe and they deserve the best representation, which Local 2011 will provide.”

“This Teamster victory is a statewide referendum that FDOC officers want a new voice in the workplace and in Tallahassee,” said Michael Filler, Director of the Teamsters Public Services Division. “It’s time for elected officials and government administrators to value the thousands of public employees who protect communities against Florida’s inmate population. The Teamsters look forward to beginning that dialogue to correct the years of neglect within the Department of Corrections.”

Yes, that was a press release after the victory. But, there is no comments in it as you said. But thanks for reposting it. This was a great victory over a loser union.

Unregistered
06-13-2015, 02:18 AM
Now, what was the question?

Unregistered
06-13-2015, 11:37 AM
Please tell the glorious victors that they haven't accomplished one single thing for us since their amazing victory. While I'll give them a pass this year, due to budget issues, the last 2 years they failed. They had better come up with a miracle in Janurary or I see them going away and PBA returning.

Unregistered
06-13-2015, 11:53 AM
What? Is that the same PBA who did nothing for the members for over six years? Yep, it is the same. Now why would we go from loser to loser. They both had their chance. Let move on to something new. Why in the hell do you think over half of the D.C. family wanted pba thrown out? Well, lets start with the six years of nothing they gave us. How soon you forget. Not us!!!

Unregistered
06-13-2015, 03:21 PM
At least PBA got their state officers thousands in extra raises the previous 2 sessions while the Teamsters talked all that mess and got us the same as the state janitor.

Unregistered
06-13-2015, 03:23 PM
Gee, when did they say all that? Please show us where they ( Teamsters) made the statements you speak about here?

For one they were saying it in the parking lots - remember when they had the truck drivers there selling all that nonsense about nice raises from now on and the rest and they said we would have a new destiny with many improvements and things are worse now not better.

Unregistered
06-13-2015, 03:38 PM
The facts are the facts and the Teamsters suck. They have been a huge disappointment and I completely regret voting for them. I plan on dropping my membership as soon as its official that we didn't get a raise, AGAIN! I can use that $30.00 a month for myself and not some union crony laughing all the way to the bank!

Unregistered
06-13-2015, 04:16 PM
Drop em... It's official that no raises will happening this year!!! The budget is done except for fine print.... No raises in it.

Unregistered
06-13-2015, 04:21 PM
I dropped union membership after pba failed us for over six years. Why would anyone be a member of any union in Florida? The two last unions failed us for years. If you are paying union dues to anyone, you are stupid.

Unregistered
06-13-2015, 09:19 PM
I wouldn't call anyone stupid for staying with the union because you might need legal assistance. In this job, you never know what a day/night will bring. I call it insurance! Its worth $30.00 a month for peace of mind. The teamsters suck at lobbying the legislature but have a good record defending officers against allegations that could get you fired or prosecuted.

Unregistered
06-13-2015, 09:57 PM
You would pay the same for pre paid legal. And this is a right to work state. So yes, anyone paying any union dues is stupid. Sounds like you arein the stupid crowd. LOL

Unregistered
06-14-2015, 02:13 PM
You would pay the same for pre paid legal. And this is a right to work state. So yes, anyone paying any union dues is stupid. Sounds like you arein the stupid crowd. LOL

Pre paid legal is far from adequate and its 3rd rate. Again, I'm not a fan of the Teamsters, but there record on legal defense of officers is excellent. You'll be calling yourself stupid if you ever get into a pickle and you end up paying thousands of dollars in legal fees for something that you might not have done. Nobody needs home owners insurance until there is a major disaster and then its too late. With the current war on law enforcement, you better think twice and I bet a cheap person like you doesn't even have prepaid legal. Good luck!

Unregistered
06-14-2015, 03:32 PM
Keep talking yourself out of wasting your money. Giving money to a union in a right to work state is stupid.

Unregistered
06-14-2015, 03:55 PM
Yes... Pre-paid legal is not recommended. I've always had PBA representation and found their legal assistance to be great especially on officer involved shooting scenes. I won't get in the debate about which Union is better at securing raises and benefits and I can't speak for the teamsters and their legal assistance, but I'd much rather have them then pre-paid legal any day of the week.

Unregistered
06-14-2015, 03:56 PM
And you are intelligent paying money to some pre paid legal service who has no idea how state government or FDC works? I think you are not just dumb, but very dumb. I hope you never get in trouble.

Unregistered
06-17-2015, 08:18 AM
The Teamsters have been a huge disappointment as they didn't even get us anything extra the prior 2 sessions when the budget had extra money in it while the PBA got their officers thousands in extra raises over other state employees.

HarveyNoro
11-13-2015, 12:50 PM
Strategic, political and legal issues wereMoreThis new book documents the German invasion of Norway, focussing on the events at sea.Army was one of my toughest challenges and I won.Toż to w ogóle nie byłby Dyciu.She wants to learn what it means to be an adult, and the head of the household is ready to show her.Ab 1966 war Xago Assistent an der Hochschule f r Film und Fernsehen Babelsberg. [/url] [url=julianaw2s3.blog.com] (orutagifin.tumblr.com)