PDA

View Full Version : Police: Survey shows low morale in NPPD

Run WIth It
12-16-2014, 10:52 PM
By ALLISON SHIRK

Staff Writer

NORTH PORT — Survey results released Tuesday of more than 60 members of the North Port Police Department shows overwhelmingly low morale among the city’s police staff.

The anonymous opinion survey was conducted by the Southwest Florida Chapter of the Florida Benevolent Association, which has been contracted by the NPPD for more than 25 years. The Police Department’s union concluded from results that there is low morale within the NPPD because of favoritism, personnel rules and regulations not being applied equally and a lack of confidence within the department.
----------------------------------------
Well #ucking duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!

Wonder how that $50,000 survey the chief paid for missed that one?

Unregistered
12-17-2014, 05:28 PM
Well for starters, the survey people would have had to ask officers a question about how they feel towards morale, which was never done. Do you really think that a company would be in business long if they were hired by a police department and came back saying there is a serious morale problem which is causing dissent within the ranks? That company would be short lived and they proved with this last report that they could wonderfully tip toe around the true issues plaguing our department. Can you hear the toilet flushing $60,000 of taxpayer money flushing into the sewer system? I even approached and asked their representative if we could talk about morale and was told that was not the reason they were there. Go figure!

Unregistered
12-17-2014, 07:10 PM
Well for starters, the survey people would have had to ask officers a question about how they feel towards morale, which was never done. Do you really think that a company would be in business long if they were hired by a police department and came back saying there is a serious morale problem which is causing dissent within the ranks? That company would be short lived and they proved with this last report that they could wonderfully tip toe around the true issues plaguing our department. Can you hear the toilet flushing $60,000 of taxpayer money flushing into the sewer system? I even approached and asked their representative if we could talk about morale and was told that was not the reason they were there. Go figure!That was my exact point. All Vespia did was pay a shit load of money so he could get a pat on the back.

Unregistered
12-17-2014, 11:51 PM
Now Vespia says he will sit down and talk with each Officer, excuse me, but that has been tried before and everyone found out that if you tell tell him what he wants to hear, your meeting will last as long as you want, however, if he doesnt like what your saying it will be a short lived meeting.
Then you have to realize if you work for the guy are you really going to tell him that he would be better suited at a Department that didnt know that all he did in his career was Support Services..

Unregistered
12-18-2014, 01:30 AM
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20141217/ARTICLE/141219718/2081/NEWS?p=4&tc=pg

“There is a tangible sense of fear at the PD.”

Unregistered
12-18-2014, 01:22 PM
I guess the next question would be does the city manager need to have a formal complaint to investigate this situation? He used that as his reasoning into the infamous cheating scandal. We the public deserve to know what his plans are to deal with this information. I have to wonder though...will his department head end up exonerated here like at road and drainage while the people following his orders have their heads rolling down the road at City Hall Blvd?

Unregistered
12-18-2014, 02:26 PM
"Police Chief Kevin Vespia said Wednesday that he was in the process of the contacting the PBA for further clarification on the survey's findings. He thanked the union for bringing the officers' opinions to his attention.

“I do not look at this as a negative,” he said. “But more of an opportunity.”

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20141217/ARTICLE/141219718/2416/NEWS?Title=Survey-North-Port-Police-officers-morale-is-low

To? Find the people who had bad things to say and sic his hit men on us?

Blast From The Past
12-18-2014, 04:10 PM
“I do not look at this as a negative,” he said. “But more of an opportunity.”
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20141217/ARTICLE/141219718/2416/NEWS?Title=Survey-North-Port-Police-officers-morale-is-low

You leared your political double talk lessons well from your mentor ret. Chief Terry Lewis. Neither him or you are real police officers. Just politicians try to game the system.

JP -- venfl.com
12-18-2014, 07:46 PM
This workplace is a scandal-free zone!

This department has worked

days without a major scandal.

Unregistered
12-19-2014, 03:01 AM
This workplace is a scandal-free zone!

This department has worked

days without a major scandal.

Looks like the PBA sent this to everyone. So how does one take this seriously when this is the same as every other agency in the area?

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...p=all&tc=pgall

Oh wait, here is another:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20141211/ARTICLE/141219946/0/search.

Where is the credibility in this survey?

Unregistered
12-19-2014, 03:53 AM
The credibility is in the answers that the responding officers gave, which is and has been the way of life for all of us since Vespia was named police chief.

Unregistered
12-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Looks like the PBA sent this to everyone. So how does one take this seriously when this is the same as every other agency in the area?

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...p=all&tc=pgall

Oh wait, here is another:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20141211/ARTICLE/141219946/0/search.

Where is the credibility in this survey?So the PBA and 60% of our department have no credibility right?
With that kind of thinking you have to be one of the admin.
Oh, and just for the record, you HT haters can shove this one up your backside. The all NPPD loving North Port Sun carried the story as well along with several TV news outlets.

Poor NPPD admin, no one likes you. Well that is more then half of the department don't.

Unregistered
12-20-2014, 05:15 AM
What people that read the newspaper articles about poor morale is they have no idea that this situation has gone on for the past 3 years with the city managers knowledge and nothing has been done. This will be another blowover from the city to turn a deaf ear on what is really happening at the police department. Jonathan Lewis could care less about this survey.

FBXL5
12-20-2014, 01:13 PM
Well you had to expect this from the North Port Sun. After having numerous other media sources report the low moral survey at the department the Sun had to so as well. That meant the paper would have to do a little rehab later for the maligned admin like they always do.

The paper never the one to dissapoint the chief, did just that two days later.

The PD had it's annual Shop With Cop program and the Sun reported like it does every year. There were three seperate pictures of officers in the article, want to quess who it was that got the press? It sure the hell wasn't the work horse rank and file.
Why it was none other then the three stooges of admin. Kevin, Tony, and Chris. They played their roll of a reformed benevolent Scrooge to the max. The departments private PR firm the Sun eat it up like a starving dog.
http://yoursun.com/sunnews/northport/8431183-699/sunnewspapersshopwithacopbringssmilestokids.html.c sp

The program is a fine, excellent and much need one here in the city for sure. However, it is disgusting and reprehensible that those three idiots and the Sun Herald lowered it by using it as a political PR stunt for their own benifit. This was nothing more then an attempt to try and off set the low moral (one the admin is at the center of causing) report of just a few days ago.

The Sun, and the admin have got to be the shameless brass balls winners of 2014 hands down.

Man, and some idiots here have the never to call the Tribune a rag.

Unregistered
12-20-2014, 01:23 PM
The grunts get the donations and bust there asses (thank you Floyd) to raise the money to help these kids out and who takes the photo op? The 3 people who did nothing but show up for the camera.

Unregistered
12-20-2014, 06:36 PM
With the way the public has been treating us lately I am surprised anyone other than admin showed up. There is no appreciation for anything we do and the city is shitting on us every contract meeting. But for these 3 to take up face time is ridiculous. When the public starts to support us for what we do maybe more of us will be willing to come out and show support for them. Until then, I am going home and forgetting about this place until I return the next day of work.

Unregistered
12-24-2014, 04:19 AM
i"m sure that the morale problem will be fixed when Vespia has his talks with everyone as he has stated. it'll go something like this: So Officer do you think everything is going good here? No chief, we have some serious problems. Oh my Officer look at the time! I forgot I have a meeting, but I'll get back to you. Next!

Unregistered
12-24-2014, 12:38 PM
The PD had it's annual Shop With Cop program and the Sun reported like it does every year. There were three seperate pictures of officers in the article, want to quess who it was that got the press? It sure the hell wasn't the work horse rank and file.
Why it was none other then the three stooges of admin. Kevin, Tony, and Chris. They played their roll of a reformed benevolent Scrooge to the max. The departments private PR firm the Sun eat it up like a starving dog.

The program is a fine, excellent and much need one here in the city for sure. However, it is disgusting and reprehensible that those three idiots and the Sun Herald lowered it by using it as a political PR stunt for their own benifit. This was nothing more then an attempt to try and off set the low moral (one the admin is at the center of causing) report of just a few days ago.

The Sun, and the admin have got to be the shameless brass balls winners of 2014 hands down.

Man, and some idiots here have the never to call the Tribune a rag.

So let's take a look at today's Sun. "OFFICERS SURPRISE UNSUSPECTING DRIVERS WITH GIFTS"! Can you all guess who the officers pictured that were getting and giving the gifts? It was none other than the chief of police and his captain. The Sun is their personal PR firm. How does their pictures in the paper help the morale of the department? Why don't they spend more time trying to right the wrongs that have caused the longstanding problems of the PD and less time being self appointed publicity hounds?

Unregistered
12-29-2014, 02:39 PM
Let's all practice for our "personal interview" the chief says he's going to have with each and every one of us. The morale around here sucks chief and you are the main cause. WHOOPS! I just got that interview stopped real quick and put a bulls eye on my back. Next! I love it here chief. There's nothing I would change. Sit down officer, let's talk for an hour or so while you tell me how good a job I'm doing.

Unregistered
12-29-2014, 06:17 PM
Well it looks like the North Port Sun is going to do a PR article for the chief once a week. This will be the third one in three weeks.
http://yoursun.com/sunnews/northport/8484015-699/story.html.csp