PDA

View Full Version : New Chargers

Gardens Soldier
10-24-2014, 03:11 AM
So, who's smart idea was it to purchase Chargers for our fleet? Although the all-black paint scheme looks sweet, the Charger is a horrible car with no room and costly maintainence!!!! The Tahoe is a much better choice for officers to use on patrol.

Unregistered
10-26-2014, 08:13 AM
If you were really concerned or care, you'd know about the problems the Tahoes are having. Take you junk elsewhere.

Unregistered
10-27-2014, 11:35 PM
No need for the attitude. I was not aware of any major issues with the Tahoe. But now that I am-thank you for the info. The department could have still chosen a better patrol car: Ford Taurus and Chevy Caprices are too front-runners in my book. I am
Still thankful we have decent patrol cars to use. 😁

Unregistered
10-29-2014, 12:07 AM
Grammar and spelling should be front runners in your book.

If you speak like you write then god help whoever has to approve your reports. Then again the 'style' of English likely means you'll be the next assistant chief.

Unregistered
10-29-2014, 05:38 AM
Grammar happens to be my strong point, sir or ma'am. I was awake for 27 hours straight and was typing that paragraph on my i-phone. I apologize for not being perfect. My sergeant is always pleased with my reports and never of them back to me. In fact, the SAO has even commended me on several occasions regarding my report written and their ability to clearly dictate what occurred without any confusion.

Unregistered
10-29-2014, 06:38 AM
'Report written'

Unregistered
11-23-2014, 12:12 AM
Must be a rookie..... You should be promoted to president!

Unregistered
12-12-2014, 01:35 AM
Worst Detective ever and they said she was made because Cpt. Smith thought she was awesome, it had nothing to do with the Chief being good friends with her father. That scum should have never accepted the position. He swares she is the shit. She smells like the shit. Oh....Chargers are cool.

Unregistered
12-12-2014, 05:27 AM
The funny part is that people will say you're being a hater...yet she's the one leaving guns on subjects going to TGK and afraid to search males. By the grace of God she hasn't gotten her head blown off yet...but "she writes good reports"..gimme a ****ing break

Unregistered
01-15-2015, 02:18 AM
So, who's smart idea was it to purchase Chargers for our fleet? Although the all-black paint scheme looks sweet, the Charger is a horrible car with no room and costly maintainence!!!! The Tahoe is a much better choice for officers to use on patrol.

If you look closely at the Chargers, they do not have cages or cameras. Thus they are not intended for patrol nor are they assigned to patrol officers. They were ordered specifically for sergeants. Because of the lack of room and operating costs as you clearly stated they were not selected for marked patrol. Tahoe, as stated in another post is a problem; stalling, surging etc. Other cities are having the same problem. Not sure where you got your information from, but the Caprice is a piece of junk. Made in Australia, parts are extremely expensive, wait that is if you can get them. As for Taurus, they are good but have torque steer under load and if you are concerned with room, no more room than a Charger.

Unregistered
03-01-2015, 10:32 PM
If you look closely at the Chargers, they do not have cages or cameras. Thus they are not intended for patrol nor are they assigned to patrol officers. They were ordered specifically for sergeants. Because of the lack of room and operating costs as you clearly stated they were not selected for marked patrol. Tahoe, as stated in another post is a problem; stalling, surging etc. Other cities are having the same problem. Not sure where you got your information from, but the Caprice is a piece of junk. Made in Australia, parts are extremely expensive, wait that is if you can get them. As for Taurus, they are good but have torque steer under load and if you are concerned with room, no more room than a Charger.

Not sure where your getting your info on the Caprice. I work for BSO and have been driving one for over six months now and can say that it is the best car I have ever driven for police work hands down. I've been driving police cars for 30 years and not many cars can touch the caprice when it comes to handling, braking and comfort. I'm also not to big 510' 200 so a bigger guy may feel a little cramped. I don't have any info the maintenance or cost of parts but I really don't care. That's for someone else to deal with.

Unregistered
03-09-2015, 02:15 AM
You are correct, the Caprice does perform well from the drivers prospective with the V8 engine. But the ride is considered harsh after a 12 hour shift by many. You hinted on the fact that it is limited space wise; it is very narrow and has a low roof line. Narrow meaning it is tight fit between the seat and console making access difficult for the seat belt. This is especially poor with a right handed holster. The Low roof line would not work with our vertical mounted long barrel AR 15's. It is also hard to get into with tall officers. Not sure if you have the early versions with the shifter on the floor where the laptop interferes with shifter access. Does your radio stay illuminated when you are in dark mode, that being the case it is a cause for concern? The rated cargo carrying is low as well. All that and the fact that it is a one of a kind car with hard to get and expensive parts from Australia gives pause.