PDA

View Full Version : Officer needs assistance

Unregistered
10-17-2014, 02:10 AM
I work for miamidade police, I am looking to move out this third world county. Can you please give me some good location where to find a good home in a good area. I am applying with your agency any helpful tip will be appreciated. I know there is pro n cons to everything but I would prefer positive feed back, thank you.

Unregistered
10-22-2014, 01:50 AM
Dr Phillips area is probably the nicest area. Good schools and near restaurant row on sand lake rd.

If you don't mind a little longer drive (30-45 min), look at Clermont or Lake Mary but make sure you are within 20 miles as the crow flies from the Orange County line so you can take your car home.

I would also look at the salary. You will take a major pay cut coming from MDPD so be prepared but the cost of living is not as bad. If you are close to 25, I would stick it out as you will have a nice pension........

I retired from OCSO about 2 years ago. Good dept with your usual issues. My only real complaint was salaries. Good luck!

Unregistered
11-14-2014, 09:36 PM
Good luck with the process!

I applied over a year ago, completed the CVSA/Written Report Exam/Oral Board and now pending a background check.
Notice I said pending, as far I know, my packet is sitting at a desk waiting for a background investigator to pick it up and start my background. I keep tabs with my recruiter at least once a month,he states that they are backed up in applicants.
Might be different with you since you have experience but just fyi if you don't hear from them when your in the background phase.