PDA

View Full Version : Training Uniform

Unregistered
10-04-2014, 02:25 AM
What police dept. mandates a certain type of training uniform and makes you pay for it out of pocket? What are we paying PBA dues for?

Unregistered
10-04-2014, 08:00 PM
If you were a real cop, you would refuse to buy the damn thing. If you're not a real cop, STFU and buy the damn thing.

Unregistered
10-05-2014, 02:46 PM
The reality is the individuals forcing us to spend around a $100 for those unnecessary tan boots already have the tan boots. They like their awesome tan boots so much that the ENTIRE department has to buy them. I had no idea black boots were so last year. Hell I'd buy a pair of pants no problem but to buy a pair of boots when every single department member is already in possession of black boots is ridiculous.

Unregistered
10-05-2014, 07:36 PM
What would you do if you were told you had to once more pay for a parking permit and gas for your POV to come to work.

Unregistered
10-05-2014, 10:10 PM
I'd say one has nothing to do with the other and it would be pety of our leadership to throw that in our faces every single time we have a problem with a decision they make that burdens us financially. Thanks for reminding us again that since we have take home cars we should just keep our mouths shut. At least leadership is still reading this. It may not be a democracy but maybe one day they'll care to listen to us.

Unregistered
10-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Check your paycheck....twice a year you get a uniform allowance......its not a bonus.

Unregistered
10-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Check your paycheck....twice a year you get a uniform allowance......its not a bonus.

My two cents since this individual seems to convinced they have an argument here. Let's say conservatively I wear 8 uniforms a month at 5$ cleaning each totalling about $480 for the year. My boots for the year cost about $120 bringing the grand total to about $600. Last I checked we receive $525 annually for shoes and uniform cleaning. Please don't let the logic stop you. Give more examples why we are wrong

Unregistered
10-05-2014, 11:36 PM
You aren't going to get anywhere with this individual. I think we all know exactly who it is.

Unregistered
10-06-2014, 05:50 PM
I'd say one has nothing to do with the other and it would be pety of our leadership to throw that in our faces every single time we have a problem with a decision they make that burdens us financially. Thanks for reminding us again that since we have take home cars we should just keep our mouths shut. At least leadership is still reading this. It may not be a democracy but maybe one day they'll care to listen to us.

They don't mind throwing the cars in our faces because they didn't get the cars for us. We all know who did. That took leadership and a lot of hard work Im sure. Too bad they didn't learn anything.

Unregistered
10-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Well thank God for the 15% discount. I'm sold. It's a good decision now. Instead of $200 it's only going to cost me $170. I wonder if they are getting 15% off the
T-shirts they are buying?

Unregistered
10-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Well thank God for the 15% discount. I'm sold. It's a good decision now. Instead of $200 it's only going to cost me $170. I wonder if they are getting 15% off the
T-shirts they are buying?

Well at least our fearless leader isn't making us wear Cowboy's jersey's! They cost almost as much as the boots. L O L!!!!

Unregistered
10-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Well at least our fearless leader isn't making us wear Cowboy's jersey's! They cost almost as much as the boots. L O L!!!!

But we could all wear our jerseys and boots to a picnic where they hand out Valor and life saving awards.

Unregistered
10-09-2014, 12:49 PM
But we could all wear our jerseys and boots to a picnic where they hand out Valor and life saving awards.

Was Boo Boo there? Did he bring a pick-a-nic basket?? Did he wear his Cowboy's jersey??? His new approved boots???

Unregistered
10-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Was Boo Boo there? Did he bring a pick-a-nic basket?? Did he wear his Cowboy's jersey??? His new approved boots???

LOL sounds like them from what we've seen lately. Do we really breathe the same air?

Unregistered
10-10-2014, 04:32 AM
Come on folks. Im not on anyone's side in this but do we really want to make a stink over a pair of shoes and a shirt and pants. We get to go to training classes on department time in their cars with their fuel. I personally dont have the pants shirt or shoes but it's not that big a deal to get them. Wait til December when our uniform allowance comes in then pick up the boots and pants. If you aren't taking a class soon you wont need the polo shirt right away. The take home being threatened or not lets keep our battles in check. This isnt even worth the fight. Hell walmart has tan wrangler tac / painters pant for $19 and tan boots for $40. JMO.
be safe.

Unregistered
10-10-2014, 09:38 AM
Come on folks. Im not on anyone's side in this but do we really want to make a stink over a pair of shoes and a shirt and pants. We get to go to training classes on department time in their cars with their fuel. I personally dont have the pants shirt or shoes but it's not that big a deal to get them. Wait til December when our uniform allowance comes in then pick up the boots and pants. If you aren't taking a class soon you wont need the polo shirt right away. The take home being threatened or not lets keep our battles in check. This isnt even worth the fight. Hell walmart has tan wrangler tac / painters pant for $19 and tan boots for $40. JMO.
be safe.

Agreed however the boots are the problem. There is no logical reason to be required to buy tan boots. It's just the point of the fact. Also no one is spending $40 on a pair of boots they may end up wearing to a class and suffer for a week. The boots on average are going to be a $100. We've always needed a standardized training uniform and we should all be happy to have one but black boots would have been perfectly fine. We all know the idea came from the Lieutenant ranks and they don't deserve to be bashed on here but this was an unnecessary decision that just shows more of the same.

Unregistered
10-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Forgetting about the boots for min you know what the most ridiculous part is? It's still not a uniform standard. We are all going to go buy different brands of pants! It still won't be the same uniform. We are going to look different! Am I missing something here? Why didn't we just settle on one style and brand since we're being forced to buy it ourselves anyway?

Unregistered
10-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Don't buy the tan wranglers at Walmart. I heard the pants have to be 5.11 or Propper because they are looking for a specific "cut or style" as well as the tan color. Don't want to see you waste your money. The boots don't have to be any specific brand, just tan. You should earn enough money working the homecoming parade and carnival to more than cover the cost.

Unregistered
10-10-2014, 01:13 PM
This is all just ridiculous. Same shirt, sure. But pants, boots, hell why not undies? We aren't HCSO who can afford to issue what they want people to wear. Get over it. Isn't there anything more important for our two star nit wit to do? There's no common sense at the top here.

Unregistered
10-10-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm sure half of the cry babies here had no problem buying a rifle with every single swat type bell and whistle available. Why didn't anyone post a topic "WHY DO WE HAVE TO BUY OUR OWN RIFLES"

Those who are complaining about buying a pair of boots need to grow up and quit *****ing about everything. These people are probably the same ones who complain about having to work OVERTIME !

We work with a bunch of spoiled babies. You should show the command staff and have work slowdown but that won't work out to well since most of you do just bearly the minimum now and spend most of your shifts finding ways NOT TO DO YOUR JOBS.

Ask your pals in other agencies what major problems they have. I'm sure that's it's quite worse on the other side

Unregistered
10-11-2014, 05:37 PM
I'm sure half of the cry babies here had no problem buying a rifle with every single swat type bell and whistle available. Why didn't anyone post a topic "WHY DO WE HAVE TO BUY OUR OWN RIFLES"

Those who are complaining about buying a pair of boots need to grow up and quit *****ing about everything. These people are probably the same ones who complain about having to work OVERTIME !

We work with a bunch of spoiled babies. You should show the command staff and have work slowdown but that won't work out to well since most of you do just bearly the minimum now and spend most of your shifts finding ways NOT TO DO YOUR JOBS.

Ask your pals in other agencies what major problems they have. I'm sure that's it's quite worse on the other side

Umm because we didn't HAVE to buy our own rifles? Great passion though, very inspiring

Unregistered
10-14-2014, 12:50 PM

**Ask your pals in other agencies what major problems they have. I'm sure that's it's quite worse on the other side**

Thanks for the suggestion. I did as you asked and DID ask my pals in other agencies about their problems. You know what they said? They said what you might expect, and nothing like this silly issue. When I told them about it, they laughed, and asked about our leadership. What could I say? They already knew that our leadership is lacking or we wouldn't have an issue like this. They actually spoke well of their leaders, although they don't agree with everything. I've been around here for a while and have seen some pretty good days, but all the sign are pointing to those days being over.

Unregistered
10-14-2014, 01:46 PM
Just buy the darn pants and boots and quit your *****en.

Unregistered
10-17-2014, 07:24 PM
Just buy the darn pants and boots and quit your *****en.

Isn't that how this conversation started? Gee, no wonder people leave.

Unregistered
10-17-2014, 07:58 PM
People leave because of stupid things like doing special checks in a Parking Lot because a Hispanic man asked someone if it was the visitors lot. We better get 4 or 5 bike officers over there, wouldn't want the upper leadership or their coffee retrievers have to face tough questions like that again.

Unregistered
10-18-2014, 07:38 AM
That bike squad is a Huge waste of man power. Those officers are needed on the streets..., in patrol responding to calls. They will never learn. They always decimate patrol trying to create some bs special unit. It's a step forward from Longo, but two steps back in progression of what the Dept. needs. This Department needs new leadership.

Unregistered
10-19-2014, 11:24 PM
I agree, we need new leadership. But then, our leadership needs new leadership to report to. They are bigger idiots than those in our building, especially with last names beginning with L, L, and V. They are like germs, and instead of having the balls you might expect of their rank, they only recoil from everything that comes their way like some comment about traffic after a game or somebody feeling uncomfortable in a parking lot. Throw everything you got at it!!! Keep controversy away from me! How can such people get such jobs? I guess the same way the "leadership" in our building got theirs.

Unregistered
10-21-2014, 12:48 AM
I agree. The leadership goes into full blown panic mode when the CGS Hotline rings. What tragedy has happened now,did someone ask an Administrator for the time..maybe its a set up for a vicious wristwatch theft or maybe there's a slightly off Caucasian individual walking by the Headquarters of the USF Administration that says "good afternoon" as he passes a secretary. Could it be a rapist? a terrorist? a disgruntled graduate? I don't know, but after 6 or 7 levels of hearsay emails about it, someone, a few days later, will call the Chief and the next thing you know it's let's set up a surveillance, let's get those bikes seen, let's have documented special checks, lets make sure I get renewed !!

The on Campus Robbery of a Student, an Officer injured while chasing some the many of our outside of the box criminals that use USF as a free market place ... oh whatever, no big deal as long as none of our VIP's have to wait at a traffic light more than 3 minutes we'll be O.K.

Unregistered
10-24-2014, 11:39 PM
So true! You would think some of those so called leaders could handle a little stress. Maybe one could call in an air strike from his former job? Or the other could call in some troops? LOL! No...she's too busy putting the president's makeup on, or inflating her, or correcting some stupid gaffe. Then there's our REAL chief, she knows everything! This place is incredible, so unprofessional, nobody would believe it if they were told...but that's a recent problem. Like our superior officers here in the station. The Top Dog waddles around like Napoleon and I am told sleeps with a Bucs jersey on every night and calls in sick after certain football games on TV, but is a laughing stock because he hasn't done any police work since who knows when. Every time there's an incident he hides in the office. Guess he is too short for both so dreams become reality. The other is still trying to learn the banjo but hasn't quite caught on after 30 or more years, maybe because he took it swimming with him when he fell overboard in his old job. That plays hell with the tune thar'! Got that water out of yer ears yet? Then there's our newest captain. Well, if you "know" her you don't need to be told! They are all the brunt of some awesome jokes around here. Truth is, if anybody is listening, that we suffer these fools because we have to.

Unregistered
01-09-2015, 04:05 PM
Attention family...as a friendly reminder the deadline for purchasing your training uniform is rapidly approaching, or passed, hell I don't know. Apparently the absurdity of it all caused my brain to not register what I was being told. Anyway, if you haven't done so already it's time to break out those wallets and purchase an additional pair of boots to compliment the boots we all already own. For those of you concerned with the decrease in morale, we will be wearing one black boot and one brown boot on special occasions in an effort to promote diversity. Stand by for further ground breaking decisions. Together we can build a better tomorrow, one pair of brown boots at a time.