PDA

View Full Version : Chief orders inspections done for tint violators

Unregistered
09-20-2014, 06:14 PM
So I hear the chief has ordered an inspection to be done for tint violators. Wow he must be bored. I guess all that trying to fight crime and not working is getting him frustrated. I guess he didn't see the bolo for the county officer getting the laser pointed at him while sitting in the vehicle. Or maybe he just wants the thugs you get a clear shot at us while we're in the car. "Hey troops, no raises, were going to be short on manpower and by the way if your tint is too dark I'm going to write you up..." Great morale booster!!!!

Unregistered
09-21-2014, 12:36 AM
This is amazing. Let's worry about tint. Sad.

Unregistered
09-21-2014, 12:51 AM
We are looking at tint violators????? How bout I haven't had a raise in years and your worried about tint. Yeah I would say morale 0......

Unregistered
09-21-2014, 03:13 PM
I can't understand why someone would alter a vehicle that was issued to them. You don't own the vehicle and if I'm not mistaken the vehicles were already tinted when issued. Channel your energy somewhere else. If money is an issue then save your money and stop altering the vehicles. Also how can you issue someone a ticket for a tint violation when your tint is darker than theirs. I'm upset about a lot of things in this department especially the raise issue but this has nothing to do with us receiving a raise. All departments have its problems and this one by far is no exception. If we pride ourselves in being professional as possible a raise will not be far down the line.

There will be those who will hate and call me names but I'm ok with that! Take a little time out and reflect!

PS
Instead of adding lights and tints to your cars let's try going to a UNION meeting!

Unregistered
09-21-2014, 04:07 PM
I'd have to say, I recently tinted my vehicle due to the fact how am I suppose to do a show up while protecting the identity of a victim and the tint is clearly not dark enough to do that. I can see how this is a problem. And with everything else we deal with, why would we be worrying about this?

Unregistered
09-21-2014, 06:15 PM
You guys are working on your defense already! My vehicle isn't tinted and have no problem with show ups!

Unregistered
09-21-2014, 09:04 PM
i think this is ridiculous that we air out our dirty laundry on this forum but to chime in, I'm tired of people looking into the rear of my truck seeing all my equiptment. I for one do see a potential threat.

Unregistered
09-22-2014, 03:42 AM
Why not air it out. We know they read it, or their little snitches that they have will tell them. **** these guys. And i wouldn't personally tint my issued vehicle, but for the chief to be concerned about this shows where his head is. Morale is low as ****, and he doesn't seem to care. But why would he..we still have to work here and he's still getting paid.

Unregistered
09-22-2014, 05:49 PM
How is it that fleet management said due to the fact we went able to see our rear view mirror we could tint our window. And we paid for it. Last time I checked police vehicles are exempt from law. Oh wait Miami Gardens law is different from every else. We do what ever we want here.

Unregistered
09-22-2014, 05:52 PM
My house has been broken into twice and you are concerned about tint on your car's. Someone will be answering to me at the next council meeting.

Unregistered
09-22-2014, 05:57 PM
****ing morale. Its like the energised bunny, it just keeps getting lower and lower and lower.

Unregistered
09-22-2014, 09:25 PM
No i do not hate you... But,, for you to respond like this means you are one major a-hole... And you have to be someone with rank!!!!

i can't understand why someone would alter a vehicle that was issued to them. You don't own the vehicle and if i'm not mistaken the vehicles were already tinted when issued. Channel your energy somewhere else. If money is an issue then save your money and stop altering the vehicles. Also how can you issue someone a ticket for a tint violation when your tint is darker than theirs. I'm upset about a lot of things in this department especially the raise issue but this has nothing to do with us receiving a raise. All departments have its problems and this one by far is no exception. If we pride ourselves in being professional as possible a raise will not be far down the line.

There will be those who will hate and call me names but i'm ok with that! Take a little time out and reflect!

Ps
instead of adding lights and tints to your cars let's try going to a union meeting!

Unregistered
09-24-2014, 01:23 AM
So all this dilemma over window tints on a police vehicle, what about all these young kids burglarizing my neighborhood and I have recently put in numerous patrol request for my area and I have not seen a police vehicle around I guess it's because all ranking officials are too busy checking there vehicles at there station. This is a joke. I am so disgusted.

Unregistered
09-24-2014, 01:24 AM
Last time I checked, police vehicles are exempt from the tint law. Don't know if you checked lately but north miami has some dark ass tints on their cars so where is this coming from??? So what's next, I guess we can't run code unless we get permission from a supervisor. Although the law states we can. I was under the impression the this command staff was gonna be different. Let's join forces and strengthen the moral. We never had a problem when Boyd was in command.

Unregistered
09-24-2014, 01:32 AM
So you want to create chaos.... Didn't you see the backup you got today with that 19. That's moral at its best. I never heard a boss on the radio not getting backup. Be close with us, we will have your back!!!!

Unregistered
09-24-2014, 04:43 AM
AB, I do not know you like that to come to you, so I will stick to this format. I always thought of you as the ideal commander. Your young like us, you went through the ringer like some of us, and you have mentored many officers who are so loyal to you. I know your not the Chief but you have the opportunity to stop this division among us. Stop the racial division that the mayor has in planted in the city government. It has no place here. Bring back that proactive, traditional policing that you came from. Be that voice that defends us. Be our eyes and relay to City government what we do and what we give up by doing in. You have a gift and should use it. I know you are not going to make everyone happy, but I can promise you that many will back you and defend you. . Just think about it..

Unregistered
09-28-2014, 12:53 AM
Come see me? My door is always open.