PDA

View Full Version : Hostile work environment

07-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Is it okay for any administrator/supervisor to tell many employees that if anyone calls out sick whether they are sick or not that we will come to your house and investigate u.... Is that okay??? The answer is absolutely not!!!!!! Many people have said that this happens on several shifts of the Margate Police Department. The union should be notified immediately if this treatment is truly going on!!! The threats will only get worse if nothing is done about these unprofessional and hostile comments!!!

07-13-2014, 01:17 PM
The employer has a right to perform an investigation, but you can refuse to allow the employer to come into your house. There's no legal right for the employer to come onto your property for any reason - unless you allow it.

However, if you refuse, your employer could discipline you for this - or for any other reason - if it so chooses.

If you're off of work, your employer has a right to find out why you're not there. There's nothing wrong with the employer inquiring as to why you aren't at work.

IF you've applied for FMLA, your employer has a right to get medical verification that you're in need of time off - but, the employer doesn't have a right to know your exact medical problem or prognosis.

As for HIPAA, there's no private cause of action under this law for patients. Also, HIPAA doesn't apply to anyone but medical record custodians, etc. - not employers.

Legally, you don't have any defense to being investigated unless you can prove discrimination.

You sound like a whining, crying baby. Wa wa wa. Mommy the boss is being mean to me.

Here is some advice: do not abuse your sick time. Call me if you need any more life coaching. Better yet - get out of police work - it sounds like you can't handle the pressure. Go sell shoes or something.

07-13-2014, 01:43 PM
To legal response.... You are not correct. Go to any officers house because you think you can do what you want. Make good on your threat to investigate them. Stop talking and do it. See what legal action will happen, try it! You don't run the world just have been giving the opportunity to be leader. You have obviously failed so now you want to muscle employees because your "buddies" say you can. Well do it!!! I don't think you have it in you!! You have abused sick time your whole career and now u may actually have to handle a real call cause there is no available officer to do it for you and you have no clue how to handle it. So it's time for you to call it quits.... I would say get a regular job but you would not last a day at any regular job and this most likely is the only job you have ever had. Come back with something better... You can't, you loose!!!

07-13-2014, 01:51 PM
How can one supervisor allow one or two their favorite officers to call out sick and abuse sick time but when someone is actually sick, all of the sudden your supervisor is not only playing god but is now a doctor all of the sudden.... Lol!! What's right is right and management rights are rights until they are abused just like taking a sick day is a union right until it is abused. The facts are that the rules applied to those when admin. Does not like you! That's a fact! Call your employees babies to their faces and see what kind of legal action is taken. Do it... I dare you!!!!

07-13-2014, 01:57 PM
Legal response has obviously never worked on the road much! In fact sounds like he/she is out of their mind!!! To be a good leader is to earn respect through talking to your employees the right way and not threatening them. Sounds like a supervisor on a power trip that was removed from a better position and thrown back on the road.... Keep bothering the employees and maybe you will get your cushy (kiss you know what) position back real soon!! The truth hurts!!!

07-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Legal response you gave an illegal response! Your wrong you can't discipline an employee and actually get away with it. But if they don't fight it that's their fault not admins fault!! Get tough Nancy's and don't forget that your job is hard enough as it as dealing with all kinds of dangerous crazy things and should not have to worry about some back stabbing admin. As it seems they are the most dangerous of all! Please legal response give me some life coaching... As you seem like such a respected hard working person.... Hahahhahhahha! Sad!!!

07-13-2014, 02:20 PM
Come on legal response it's your turn.... A lot of people called you out. Your a big bad supervisor don't let them put you in your place like that....stick up for yourself and admin....your turn!!

07-13-2014, 02:30 PM
I noticed legal response said, "get out of police work cause you can't handle the pressure." Well there you have it! They said it.... Stress and pressure are part of the job, but undue stress and pressure from your employer in any way shape or form should not be tolerated. If nobody ever does anything about this mistreatment it will get worse for all. The tightest bond, especially in the police department should be between the officers and supervisors! It is a team for the good of the many! Legal Response I hope you are not a supervisor because if you are you are probably one of the most disrespected in the department!!! Stop being a tyrant and start being a leader!

07-13-2014, 02:47 PM
"Legal Response" can you tell me how this would work if a supervisor calls out sick? Would they have another supervisor make a house call to make sure they weren't abusing their sick time? I'm asking because you seem so well versed in the rights and powers a supervisor has (aka what they can legally do to **** with people and intimidate those subordinate to them)! I'm willing to guess that no one would knock on your door and question the validity of your illness. Why? Because why would a supervisor ever lie or take advantage of their position of power?! That's absolutely absurd!! (I know you're all super smart, so I'm sure I don't have to point out the sarcasm in the question).

I'd like to know what pleasure you get out of ****ing with those you are supposed to lead?? Great leaders have been made by the respect that they earn from those that they lead! Respect cannot be commanded. Clearly you haven't figured this out yet. I noticed your comment about telling someone to "go sell shoes". I actually think they should! They'd get far more respect from their supervisors there I'm sure!

Stop try to play puppet master! Eventually these "puppets" will cut their strings and turn on you!

07-13-2014, 04:57 PM
Too many *****'s in police work nowadays. Just a sign of the times......I'd say most of your 30 somethings into their 40's; not being raised like men. :cop:

07-13-2014, 05:37 PM
Ya the sign of the times is real people in the military, or paramilitary, when there is a discrepancy jump in a 4x4. Not gain false power and bother others. You must be ready to retire "just resign"! Hid all your career and stirred your supervisors coffee! You can even get out of your car on-time let alone your cushioned chair or bouncy ball for that matter! Come investigate tough supervisor! Come on!!

07-13-2014, 05:43 PM
The good old boys... Now in their I would say late 40's early 50's who had it made all their careers and did not do a lick of police work... Want to hate on the ones that are standing up for what's right! Could run circles around them if they were the same age let alone in your golden years! Please "just resign" teach us how to be men and don't forget women or is that not allowed in your tough eyes?? The men and women who have not ran away from police work even in their later years are the ones most respected!!

07-13-2014, 05:49 PM
"Just resign" you sound like a hard ass.....tell me more oh wise one!!!

07-13-2014, 06:04 PM
Trump up charges and improper lopsided investigations and think you can do whatever you want to quiet the men......sounds like a real "man" type of police department to me! " just retire" must be in charge!! Way to go! that's the way to make sure you get respect!! No respect ever!!!

07-13-2014, 11:30 PM
"Just resign" where did you go.... Do you "resign" from this post?? It's your turn so we can all hammer you again! Get it or do we have to spell it out for u and do your homework for you?? :lol: :evil:

07-13-2014, 11:38 PM
Yeah, pretty much sums it up. Mama's boy wants to use a sick day to go get a tattoo or go to the tanning salon. Just resign and find another line of work. :cop:

07-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Ya pretty much right. You got it all pegged out. So go investigate if you think the officers are doing something wrong. Do it!!!! Try it!!! You won't your all talk! You scare nobody!!!

07-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Please be advised that the rank and file have been warned if they call in sick whether sick or not the admin. Will investigate you. Several individuals heard it loud and clear. So please be advised to all admin. That if you go after the men/women unjustly you will be held legally and administratively responsible for abusing your position of authority! Daddy's boys and girls that got their lunch money taken and can now get back all those who did it by bothering your employees! Now that sums it up! The rank and file only give you as much power and they want you to have....don't abuse it and don't ever make that threat again. A complaint has already been filed with FDLE!!

07-14-2014, 11:27 AM
Anyone want to see my knew tattoo????

07-14-2014, 08:32 PM
When an officer corrects a supervisors or tells them don't speak to me like that what happens. The supervisors run to administration and cry like babies. Don't like when the odds are even.....hhhhmmm who are the true babies running to daddy?? If they can't handle they should resign!

07-15-2014, 10:34 AM
pantie waste cops are calling in sick to play x-box. Then 1 gets caught and all of a sudden this place is a hostile work environment. you sir, should get out of this line of work. A generation of feminized cops. :cop:

07-15-2014, 10:59 AM
This little tattle tale.... It does not earn you points by trying to use the power of the pen against good people that put there lives on the line everyday! You sit behind a desk, never did much police work, and it's time for you to tell stories to your grand kids of how great u were.... You are a legend in your own mind! Nobody was ever caught playing xbox so stop making up stories! Nobody will miss you and you will have to return to reality and ur scared because now u have to earn respect the proper way! Nobody breaks into the police department so u are safe at your desk job! You sir/mam should just quit! This job was never for u!!