PDA

View Full Version : More NPPD officers on paid leave

04-16-2014, 09:40 PM
NORTH PORT — North Port Police Chief Kevin Vespia confirmed this week that at least one other internal affairs investigation involving a city police officer is underway, although Vespia cited a state statute that prevents him from naming the officer or confirming he or she is on administrative leave.

Vespia said the department received a complaint about an officer, but would not elaborate further.

04-16-2014, 09:44 PM
By DREW WINCHESTER
Staff Writer
NORTH PORT — North Port Police Chief Kevin Vespia confirmed this week that at least one other internal affairs investigation involving a city police officer is underway, although Vespia cited a state statute that prevents him from naming the officer or confirming he or she is on administrative leave.
Vespia said the department received a complaint about an officer, but would not elaborate further.
The Sun inquired this week about three officers who were allegedly placed on administrative leave, but Assistant Police Chief Tony Sirianni said he could neither confirm nor deny the status of the officers, but encouraged a public records request.
When the Sun asked if the officers had paperwork in their personnel files to confirm they were on paid or unpaid administrative leave, records clerks at the city indicated the officers’ files would not have any paperwork related to a possible internal affairs investigation until the investigations were completed.
Three memorandums obtained by the Sun from Vespia’s office — one dated March 31 and two dated April 10 — show three officers were placed on paid administrative leave, but their names have been redacted from all the memos.
Despite the existence of the redacted memorandums, Vespia insists he’s merely following the law and not trying to deny access to information.
“We want to provide as much information as we can because our city believes in transparency,” Vespia said this week, adding, “But we’re also obligated to follow the law.”
Vespia cited State Statute 112.533, which governs the receipt and processing of complaints against law enforcement personnel.

04-18-2014, 12:31 AM
3 more North Port Police officers suspended

NORTH PORT - Three more officers have been suspended from the North Port Police Department, but the department's leaders would not say who they are or why they are being investigated.

According to emails obtained by the Herald-Tribune, North Port Police Chief Kevin Vespia notified one officer of his or her paid suspension on March 31 and notified two others on April 10.

In refusing to name the officers, North Port officials cited a Florida law that governs investigations into law enforcement officials. They redacted the officers' names from the emails requested by the Herald-Tribune.

It was that same law the department says prevented authorities from releasing the names of officers Melanie Turner and Ricky Urbina when they were suspended and criminally investigated for allegedly handcuffing a woman at a party and raping her on March 1. Their names were only released on March 20, after a judge signed arrest warrants for both officers.

Other North Port police officers were at that party and it is unclear whether the most recent suspensions are tied to that case.

Turner was arrested on one count of principal to a sexual assault and one count of false imprisonment. She posted bail and remains on unpaid administrative leave as the North Port Police Department conducts an internal investigation into the incident.

Urbina was charged with sexual assault and false imprisonment, but he shot and killed himself March 20 as authorities were on their way to arrest him.

The officers who were recently put on paid suspension were told to turn their badges, identification cards, department vehicles and department-issued fire arms.

Turner has an arraignment hearing scheduled for April 25.
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20 ... -suspended (http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20140417/ARTICLE/140419681/2081/NEWS?Title=3-more-North-Port-Police-officers-suspended)

04-18-2014, 12:42 PM
NAMES?

04-19-2014, 04:11 AM
NAMES?

Suck it pond scum!

04-19-2014, 07:28 PM
NAMES?

Suck it pond scum!
Yet again another example of the intelect of the higher rank. Which one where you standing behind the chief in his statement to the press?
Not to worry the names will come out again like last time and there will be the usual nashing of teeth and desk pounding to no avail.
Have a nice day shit for brains.

04-20-2014, 09:28 AM
NAMES?

Suck it pond scum!

So, a legit question for what should be a public record is responded to like this. Nice. Very nice. Stay classy, NPPD (not all of you, just thugs like this). No wonder the NPPD is mired in this mess.

04-20-2014, 05:54 PM
NAMES?

Suck it pond scum!

So, a legit question for what should be a public record is responded to like this. Nice. Very nice. Stay classy, NPPD (not all of you, just thugs like this). No wonder the NPPD is mired in this mess.

When it is made public record you will get it.

04-21-2014, 02:08 AM
You idiot it is public record. The chief is the one refusing to release the information. The names were redacted by him because of his interpretation of the law.
He is playing lawyer and going to have it shoved up his ^ss.
It is not a question of if but when, the court finaly hears the argument and forces the infromation to be released.
Once it does happen maybe the city manager will decided that the city can no longer afford to have a liability like KV running the department.

When this is all said and done, maybe someone will ask how many people have been on paid leave for investigation over the last year.
The public will be very suprised at how many times this has happened. Better yet how many times it seems to happen to the same officers over and over and nothing seems to happen to them. :shock: :shock:

04-23-2014, 01:20 AM
You idiot it is public record. The chief is the one refusing to release the information. The names were redacted by him because of his interpretation of the law.
It is not a question of if but when, the court finaly hears the argument and forces the infromation to be released.
Once it does happen maybe the city manager will decided that the city can no longer afford to have a liability like KV running the department.

When this is all said and done, maybe someone will ask how many people have been on paid leave for investigation over the last year.
The public will be very suprised at how many times this has happened. Better yet how many times it seems to happen to the same officers over and over and nothing seems to happen to them. :shock: :shock:

Steve z your are the idiot, the post said when it is made public record. You said it is not a matter of if but when, lay off the drugs dip shit.

04-23-2014, 03:14 PM
Steve z your are the idiot, the post said when it is made public record. You said it is not a matter of if but when, lay off the drugs dip shit.
If it is not public record, then why in the hell did the chief just say that Sachkar was one of the three.
Guest56778, you and KV had better get your signals straight on what KV thinks the law is.

04-23-2014, 10:22 PM
If it is not public record, then why in the hell did the chief just say that Sachkar was one of the three.
Guest56778, you and KV had better get your signals straight on what KV thinks the law is.

Because he resigned silly.

04-24-2014, 10:38 AM
Nope, he is still a sworn officer of this department. He is using up his vacation time till he retires.
Next stupid ass statement.

04-24-2014, 08:47 PM
Nope, he is still a sworn officer of this department. He is using up his vacation time till he retires.
Next stupid ass statement.

Interesting, I did not hear that. Who did you get that from. The email said that in the 18th he no longer worked here so i find it hard to believe that he is still employed and using vacation time. More over he was on admin leave so tell me how is it that he would be permitted to use vacation time when he was under investigation? I cannot wait for the answer, it should be good.

04-26-2014, 10:08 AM
Interesting, I did not hear that. Who did you get that from. The email said that in the 18th he no longer worked here so i find it hard to believe that he is still employed and using vacation time. More over he was on admin leave so tell me how is it that he would be permitted to use vacation time when he was under investigation? I cannot wait for the answer, it should be good.

Ask the chief, since he is the one who is allowing him to retire and use up his vacation time while under investigation.
Just go right up to his door and stick your face into his office and ask him how he can do that?
See how long it takes to get your ass suspended for insubordination.
Hope that asnwer meets with your approval. It not tuff sh(t.

04-30-2014, 06:29 PM
Before you start posting inaccurate information and getting people all worked up.....I suggest you get your facts straight. He is not using any of his time....he retired......end of story.....

Ask the chief, since he is the one who is allowing him to retire and use up his vacation time while under investigation.
Just go right up to his door and stick your face into his office and ask him how he can do that?
See how long it takes to get your ass suspended for insubordination.
Hope that asnwer meets with your approval. It not tuff sh(t.

05-06-2014, 09:07 PM

So I just saw on the news that the Bradenton Police Department redacted an officers name in a released IA because he has not had a hearing yet. But oh wait only the NPPD does this. Where are the ignorant comments now? Where is the felon Barfield and the pond scum from Venice? Ouch, I bet it stings when you are wrong.

05-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Pond scum? Nice. Very professional. You get your badge in a McDonald's fun meal? At least I am not a coward hiding behind an anonymous post. I'll meet you face to face any time you pick, coward. I'll even pay for the breakfast bill. Call me -- my number is on my web site. You got a beef, say it to my face, coward. Seriously. I will meet you and argue face to face any time you pick. No, this is not a threat and no, I never, ever carry a weapon of any kind, I don't believe in them (which is why I became a probation officer way back when I was young and stupid).

As to looking to Bradenton P.D. as confirmation of proper protocol, are you out of your f*cking mind? Were you hit in the head too many times as a child? Fed LSD as a pre-schooler? WTF? Can anyone in law enforcement be that f*cking stupid as to make a comment like yours? Christ on a cracker, that department is one of the few on the planet that makes yours look good in comparison right now. And on this issue, they are taking their cue from Vespia. Which is hilarious.

I know from plenty of experience in pulling public records that Vespia's interpretation is invented. The names of cops suspended pending an investigation is not protected information, never has been until Vespia. The nature of the investigation, the charges, allegations, etc., yes that is all protected and rightly so in order not to compromise the investigation because, hey, most of the times, the allegations are false and made by disgruntled citizens.

05-07-2014, 07:42 PM
My phone. It rings not. Alas.

Coward.

05-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Pond scum? Nice. Very professional. You get your badge in a McDonald's fun meal? At least I am not a coward hiding behind an anonymous post. I'll meet you face to face any time you pick, coward. I'll even pay for the breakfast bill. Call me -- my number is on my web site. You got a beef, say it to my face, coward. Seriously. I will meet you and argue face to face any time you pick. No, this is not a threat and no, I never, ever carry a weapon of any kind, I don't believe in them (which is why I became a probation officer way back when I was young and stupid).

As to looking to Bradenton P.D. as confirmation of proper protocol, are you out of your f*cking mind? Were you hit in the head too many times as a child? Fed LSD as a pre-schooler? WTF? Can anyone in law enforcement be that f*cking stupid as to make a comment like yours? Christ on a cracker, that department is one of the few on the planet that makes yours look good in comparison right now. And on this issue, they are taking their cue from Vespia. Which is hilarious.

I know from plenty of experience in pulling public records that Vespia's interpretation is invented. The names of cops suspended pending an investigation is not protected information, never has been until Vespia. The nature of the investigation, the charges, allegations, etc., yes that is all protected and rightly so in order not to compromise the investigation because, hey, most of the times, the allegations are false and made by disgruntled citizens.

I never said I was a cop, but that goes along with your great investigative skill of fill in the blanks with things you make up in your mind. Yes, you are pond scum, and that is being nice. You have some serious anger issues also which is evident by your post or are you just so embarrassed that you have been made to look like a fool? Oh yea just curious, what is a suspension in your silly mind?

05-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names and IP numbers are actually subpoenable at the beginning of a cheap, frivolous, silly, and eventually tossable John Doe lawsuit.

It's even easier for your chief. All he has to say is Patriot Act and not give any justification.

Just sayin'. It's why I don't bother to try to hide my identity.

HAND.

05-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Chief caught a little hear from the Area Chamber of Commerce. When asked what was going on with all the issue the department was having, Vespia urged patience.

Well that is one thing the public is getting short on. Everytime when questions are asked about something, the same BS comes out. "We are looking into the matter."

Last thing, what statement is Kevin trying to make with the outfit he is wearing?

http://www.yoursun.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=hslYv 6bjpBUGUSFrc3Ut3s$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYuM2m6Pl5iEvCS DoUXrYCPMWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

05-09-2014, 12:29 PM
The nature of the investigation, the charges, allegations, etc., yes that is all protected and rightly so in order not to compromise the investigation because, hey, most of the times, the allegations are false and made by disgruntled citizens.
This complaint was generated from within the department. To be exact, a member of the communications div.
Oh and what a surprise. For the third time it involved (now former) SGT. Pat S. and a female.
Seems to be a pattern developing between Pat and females. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.