PDA

View Full Version : Another Miami Position

03-20-2014, 12:47 AM
We get a new crop of officers that were sworn in today. Congrats to them, I hope they have a great career. But this is the truth, those of us that have been here and have been working patrol, want to move forward to other units. Here we have the same old thing, again and again, and again. We get a retired Miami PD guy who comes over here, is a "junior officer", not a rookie, but he is on the low end. Should be in patrol. But, once again, Miami takes care of Miami. Where is this guy going? Straight to NRO. I have nothing against him, I'm sure he's a nice guy, but this isn't Miami. He had his career. Why can't one of our officers take this position? We will never advance. Seglie gets promoted to Assist. Chief, he gets a raise. Borrego gets promoted to Captain, he gets a raise. This new officer goes straight to a specialized unit. What do all of these guys have in common? Miami PD. We better wake up. I'm sure those ass kissers like Munecas, Orlando Sanchez and the other ass kissers will insult me now, but it's the truth. Why couldn't one of our officers who has paid his/her dues get that position?

03-20-2014, 03:36 AM
Sorry my friend. Get your facts straight. Seiglie has always been the second in command. He got reclassified to Deputy Chief to reflect the duties and responsibilities that he currently has. There was no pay raise associated with this action.
Where did you get your info that Borrego was now a Captain. I didn't see his name on the program. Last I saw he was a Lieutenant. Besides he retired from MDPD not Miami. Get your facts straight.
In addition to the other info that you got wrong its my understanding that the new guy will have to interview for the NRO position just like anybody else. You can compete for that position if you feel that your the best qualified for it. Good luck with that.