PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming city comission election

03-19-2014, 02:08 PM
Did anyone read in the Polk County Democrat the articles about the candidates? I did not see one of them talk about BPD and issues we have. Has not our union rep or reps, or ANYONE went and talked to each and everyone of them discussing our issues? Low pay, losing slots due to budgetary constraints, currently not filling all slots that have been vacated by senior members leaving, ETC?! I thoght that was why we pay dues so we have a rep that will go and do that for the members so we dont get singled out for speaking our minds. Why are we worrying about 1 guy losing cpl points when it might be better for us all to talk to these city commision wannabes so they are aware of our low pay ETC?

03-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Have you met our Union reps? They take a reactive approach instead of a proactive one. Why do you think half the members quit paying dues.

03-20-2014, 03:45 AM
Well I am paying dues and i think diamond should go explain our concerns to the wannabees. Why are we letting the media decide what questions should be answered by wannabe city comissioners?
Heck does diaomond even know what our concerns are? I mean why CANT he go do this? Its his job. Not just keeping someone from getting some points that he dont need anyway.
Why cant this be used as time to get our message out the right people, I mean if we dont get info out there to the wannabes how are they gonna know and even think about helping us. Seems like instead beating a dead horse or a sgts test that is maybe already decided, why not get our information out there?

Unregistered
04-25-2017, 02:32 AM
City commissioners. HahahTrish ****er knows how to organize one helluva cat parade and hand out bogus made up beautification awards around town. Yeah. Cause that's really addressing the problems around Bartow. Meow!