PDA

View Full Version : Pixie's two cents……..

03-07-2014, 11:29 PM
Dear Chief,

All I want for Christmas is…………………………………………………….

1. A competent and knowledgable patrol division commander who will actually make a decision without running everything by the higher ups.

2. A patrol division commander who doesn't constantly lie to the troops and twist everything the Chief says to him.

3. A patrol division commander who can actually stay awake during employee review boards and not cause embarrassment upon the department.

4. A patrol division commander who will not forget to post details and thus take money out of the pockets of the patrol officers.

5. A patrol division commander who when he shows up on major scenes refuses and is incompetent to take lead and inturn directs traffic or stays on the perimeter.

P.S. Placing him on permanent night shift would suffice in the short term.

03-08-2014, 03:05 AM
Elmer fudd is never leaving except on his terms. 30 plus years of taking the best details and sleeping through meetings. Stop hating and respect the tenure the man has. Hell if the citizens knew what really went on in the city they would flip.

03-10-2014, 10:54 PM
So let me get this straight. You want a LT that actually does LT work. You want a Cpl to be responsible for the people he (is supposed to) supervises BEFORE being paid Sgts pay. Want want want.

03-10-2014, 11:31 PM
So we are paying LT pay to someone who falls asleep in his office and accomplishes nothing all day. We are paying sgt. pay to someone who never was promoted to Sgt. and fails to supervise his people. In fact, one of his officers was running game all over the city while he picked paint colors and sat in on accreditation meetings. Sure would have liked to see the look on his face when he found out he lost his cpl. points. And would like to know how they justified paying him sgt pay since that has never been done for anyone else. I guess if you fill up three pages of useless made up activity on every months activity report you can talk them into paying you extra. But then again I didn't make 8 DUI arrests in one shift either. hhhhmmmmm......maybe that's it.

03-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Here is the true issue from where I see it on the lower end of the work force. I have a Sgt that swears he knows everything, but does nothing. A Lt that knows nothing and makes no decisions and forces everything on the newly appointed DC. The DC is without a doubt the most caring and knowledgable but has to spend his time dealing with whinning dispatchers and the useless LT to focus on the everyday issues!

03-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Is this the same Sgt. who complains and whines about everything, yet is upset he wasn't chosen as Deputy Chief and has zero chance of being promoted again? The one that runs all the new hires off because of his constant negativity? The one who fails to show up on his officers calls and actually supervise them, before they make a stupid mistake? But then again when you answer to a LT who is not competent to actually supervise the Sgt's, this is the final product folks!! Pixie dust and fairy tales my friends!!!!

03-13-2014, 06:44 PM
You mean the Sgt that never comes off night shift? Because I have seen that one do all of the above.

03-14-2014, 01:49 AM
I think they are referring to "Getaway-Goff". And how come CST gets to go to all the schools they want? They got one in Death Investigation school who just a month ago was allowed to work his own hours so he could detail employee cars all day at the police department. Since when does CST work death investigations? In the mean while, other officers are turned down for schools because of manpower? Man Corporal Commander has pull!!!!

03-14-2014, 04:56 PM
Why worry about quality work product when you can get your car washed and vacumed? How do you think people get good positions? Its not from quality POLICE work! Its from what ELSE you can do for me. Its always been that way.