PDA

View Full Version : Finally moving in the right direction!

03-02-2014, 02:12 PM
PD is finally becoming an established police department after so many years. The PD is not there yet but almost there. Finally got a police station, which is expanding soon. Finally got approved to get more vehicles. The PD is hiring a large group of officer to finally fill in the gaps that have been empty for a while. The population is growing and the city will be annexing more land soon which is great for the city. The only frustrating issue is that PD hasn't gotten a pay raise since it started. I am confident though that PD will negotiate a contract this year and finally put it on track. If progress continues DPD will be one of the best PD's in the county. The negativity on this forum shouldn't alter the fact that things are finally getting better. The City finally realized that they need to take care of the PD and its officers.
P.s. This post will probably get shitted on by all the negative slugs, but at the end of the day facts cannot be denied.

03-02-2014, 03:56 PM
I agree with your post except for the pay raise part. We got a 3% pay raise and left it on the table.

03-02-2014, 04:13 PM
PD is finally becoming an established police department after so many years. The PD is not there yet but almost there. Finally got a police station, which is expanding soon. Finally got approved to get more vehicles. The PD is hiring a large group of officer to finally fill in the gaps that have been empty for a while. The population is growing and the city will be annexing more land soon which is great for the city. The only frustrating issue is that PD hasn't gotten a pay raise since it started. I am confident though that PD will negotiate a contract this year and finally put it on track. If progress continues DPD will be one of the best PD's in the county. The negativity on this forum shouldn't alter the fact that things are finally getting better. The City finally realized that they need to take care of the PD and its officers.
P.s. This post will probably get shitted on by all the negative slugs, but at the end of the day facts cannot be denied.

Well, it wont be shitted on by me. You're right on all points. We need to really reconsider getting rid of the PBA. They have done nothing for us. We left a small pay raise on the table because of the PBA. Granted, it was a small raise, after going on my 6 year, we deserve more, but it was a start. We also truly need to look into the 1-85 fund. The pba wont do that for us. We will have a good chunk of change in our pockets when we retire. But we need to act now, after all, thats what we're here for, is to make money and a good pension. I do have issues with some of the snot nose supervisors who have no clue as to be a police officer, let alone a supervisor, but that's another story.

03-02-2014, 05:34 PM
I totally agree and as far as that stupidvisor. It's myundrrstanding that he got a 2 day suspension for having his head up his butt. Definitely going in the right direction.