PDA

View Full Version : Crime data

02-28-2014, 11:56 AM
I was curious about how we were doing on crime and I checked the FDLE website for the latest information. My eyes popped when I saw that crime us up almost 15% for the semi-annual in 2013. I dont understand how that can be. It was down the last couple of years. But for 2013 it was way up. I wonder what the reason is for the big increase in crime.

03-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Maybe the new Chief isn't cooking the books.

03-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Maybe the new Chief isn't cooking the books

Classic. Instead of talking about crime and the state of the city, you attack people. Did that hit a nerve? Nothing in the statement criticized anyone. Maybe your failure to understand the problem is why crime is up.

03-02-2014, 02:05 PM
I think the post the prior person makes allot of sense, not like it was a personal attack. It can only be said the way it was stated. But then again an increase in crime just means more people have reported what has occurred, law enforcement is nothing more than a reaction to an act.

03-03-2014, 08:25 PM
You say a Current Colonel and Captain at PSO cooked the books at NPR? Ha Ha Ha Ha. What about Augie, Walrus, and Dime Bag? You sir/Ma'am need to stop drinking the has been Kool-aide.

03-05-2014, 03:28 AM
Hey! Why was the previous post about our new chief deleted? It didn't violate anything.

03-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Looks like we are deleting anything that even comes close to a suggestion of improper behavior. The mods seem to be a little too quick with their delete buttons.

03-09-2014, 07:28 AM
The prior post about the previous comments about the present chief can be viewed here exclusively

(((((. :cop: CLICK HERE. :cop: ))))))

03-09-2014, 07:31 AM
If above link didn't work get a life and tend to your family. Who gives a s. H. I. T

07-17-2014, 02:21 AM
When stats are not juked and when citizens feel comfortable with the police, REPORTED crime will increase. All too often, UCR data becomes a political tool and some short sighted politicians put pressure on staff to reduce crime. Since agencies are limited with budgets to solve crime wiith more cops, the line officer soon learns that they have to do ops plans and extra work if they take the burglary report but not if they take a vandalism report. UCR should be done away with as all it is used for is to manipulate public opinion. If you don't believe it, you don't know the topic very well.

07-27-2014, 01:57 PM
When stats are not juked and when citizens feel comfortable with the police, REPORTED crime will increase. All too often, UCR data becomes a political tool and some short sighted politicians put pressure on staff to reduce crime. Since agencies are limited with budgets to solve crime wiith more cops, the line officer soon learns that they have to do ops plans and extra work if they take the burglary report but not if they take a vandalism report. UCR should be done away with as all it is used for is to manipulate public opinion. If you don't believe it, you don't know the topic very well.

Or it could also mean that crime is up.

08-03-2014, 07:29 AM
Little bald guy and Goldie locks seem to be getting along very well. That's a good thing because you can lie cheat and steal in this department and you go right to the top. You also should make campaign signs and contribute to causes that promote self service. You guys are here to make it better for the cops and the citizens right? Haha you sheep. Bhahahahaha! Thanks taxpayers for spending your money on my pension, we really need an assistant chief, not more cops on the road. Exposure is a terrible thing to those who think you are something great. :evil: