PDA

View Full Version : NEW CONTRACT

02-27-2014, 06:02 PM
I cant beleive no one has posted about the new contract yet. Are you surprised or what?

03-03-2014, 03:20 PM
I cant beleive no one has posted about the new contract yet. Are you surprised or what?

I'm still waiting for the entire contract to be posted so i can read it. they say we're lucky to have a job and to get what we got. that may be true but everyone instinctively wants more, especially since we know what this job entails

03-05-2014, 04:20 PM
ive been waiting for someone to respond to your question because i too have been wondering. so, i wen to the union website and saw the following outdated information (but its the latest that we have):

February 7, 2014

OCSO / FOP Contract Negotiation Update:

Today, FOP Lodge 93 and the Sheriff's Office tentatively agreed to articles during the reopener negotiations. There will be full details forthcoming, however the agreement covered the following:

- 4% wage increase for all Court Security Officers

- 4% wage increase for all Deputies

- 5% wage increase for all Corporals

- 5% wage increase for all Sergeants

- A one-time lump sum payment to each bargaining unit member based upon their step/hourly wage calculated back to the October 4, 2013.

- The Sheriff did not offer full retroactive pay. Instead they offered a lump sum payment. The lump sum payment is less than the full amount of the retroactive wage increase calculated back to October 4, 2013 and does not include overtime.

- Everyone will receive approximately 79% of the full retroactive wage increase amount in a lump sum payment. This amount will be different for each step on the pay chart, based upon base pay amount.

- If a flat lump sum amount would have been given to each member, it would have been more than some people are entitled and less than others are entitled to receive. Therefore, a percentage based lump sum payment was calculated to give a lump sum amount to all members based upon hourly wage and step in the pay chart.

- The wage increases and lump sum payment above will be effective on the pay period of March 2-15, 2014 and paid on March 21, 2014, if ratified by a vote held soon.

A full announcement and details will be emailed and posted very soon. We are glad that we have reached a tentative agreement to address the wage issues within the bargaining unit during these negotiations.

In solidarity,

FOP Lodge 93 Labor Council Committee

03-06-2014, 08:57 PM
My first time on this site...pretty cool! Anyone have more info on the contract? I just went to the union site and nothing new up yet. Does anyone know of another site I can find more info on? Thanks

03-09-2014, 09:57 PM
It sucks....we are the largest agency in the county and we have the biggest tax base. There's no reason why we shouldn't have the highest salaries in the area.....I am grateful for the raise but what about the rest of the money the county brings in?

03-14-2014, 06:07 PM
It sucks....we are the largest agency in the county and we have the biggest tax base. There's no reason why we shouldn't have the highest salaries in the area.....I am grateful for the raise but what about the rest of the money the county brings in?

Let me ask you then, are you having to deal with parity issues? In other words, are other county employees getting the same raise you got or do they hold deputies' pay at a higher level?