PDA

View Full Version : What kind of services are the CST Providing?

02-07-2014, 05:26 PM
What kind of supervision does the CST get? CPL you can't supervise from under a desk in the west wing.

02-08-2014, 01:27 AM
WAIT WHEN CPL GETS PROMOTED

02-08-2014, 11:03 PM
What kind of supervision does the CST get? CPL you can't supervise from under a desk in the west wing.

Don't underestimate his "abilities."

02-13-2014, 12:57 AM
Supervise? Since when is it considered supervison when you leave at 4 and your unit comes in at 7? Just wait and watch. If he is not held responsible for their actions when things go bad, then how can anyone at BPD ever be held accountable for anything. It's called setting a presidence. Everyone remember how he is treated and given free passes compared to everyone else. Just keep that information handy when they come calling on you for some minor stupid policy violation.

02-13-2014, 01:54 AM
I would just like to know how an educated man can justify taking four people and making a unit that has produced absolutely nothing to benefit this department or the city? Seriously, what have they done? Seems all the crying is over property crimes and here he takes four people from patrol and allows them to go un-supervised and do absolutely nothing to assist with burglaries, thefts, and other property crimes which is the largest problem facing this city right now. Bring back the other chief, at least he was a cop and knew how to deploy His manpower.

02-15-2014, 01:07 AM
What about all the great services Tag has been providing on day shift?

02-16-2014, 01:12 PM
Has one of the CST members been suspended? Why hasn't it been posted and made official? I've heard a lot of talk in reference to allegations made and criminal complaints filed against him, yet everything seems to be extremely hush-hush.

I have to assume the Chief is ultimately responsible on when the suspension will officially be posted and when an internal investigation will be announced to all members. What's the hold up?! Seems like this is being kept so quiet and not being posted simply because the officer is a CST member, one of the Chief's pride & joys! Guess he's embarrassed and trying to stall making an announcement? Once an internal investigation has been announced, I'd like to see if the other CST members are suspended as well. If Dorman authorized a civilian to participate in a ride-a-long with CST but without the Chief's approval, I'd like to see him held accountable for violation of policy. I would assume that at least one CST member was a witness to the civilian ride-a-long violation, as well as other reported complaints, seeing as he worked side by side with the suspended officer. It's been regular procedure that any member who is a witness or participant with the officer(s) who is named in the complaint, is suspended during the internal investigation.

I'm waiting to see how this is handled and if CST is given special treatment through this. In my opinion, that unit needs to be disbanded and Dorman's duties to supervise should be suspended. Back to patrol where the manpower is needed! Our agency can't afford another embarrassing incident like this from lack of supervision and the citizens of Bartow deserve more policing in the community. Enough with the shenanigans and pride! Your precious CST unit is an embarrassment to the rest of us.

02-17-2014, 02:05 AM
Has one of the CST members been suspended? Why hasn't it been posted and made official? I've heard a lot of talk in reference to allegations made and criminal complaints filed against him, yet everything seems to be extremely hush-hush.

I have to assume the Chief is ultimately responsible on when the suspension will officially be posted and when an internal investigation will be announced to all members. What's the hold up?! Seems like this is being kept so quiet and not being posted simply because the officer is a CST member, one of the Chief's pride & joys! Guess he's embarrassed and trying to stall making an announcement? Once an internal investigation has been announced, I'd like to see if the other CST members are suspended as well. If Dorman authorized a civilian to participate in a ride-a-long with CST but without the Chief's approval, I'd like to see him held accountable for violation of policy. I would assume that at least one CST member was a witness to the civilian ride-a-long violation, as well as other reported complaints, seeing as he worked side by side with the suspended officer. It's been regular procedure that any member who is a witness or participant with the officer(s) who is named in the complaint, is suspended during the internal investigation.

I'm waiting to see how this is handled and if CST is given special treatment through this. In my opinion, that unit needs to be disbanded and Dorman's duties to supervise should be suspended. Back to patrol where the manpower is needed! Our agency can't afford another embarrassing incident like this from lack of supervision and the citizens of Bartow deserve more policing in the community. Enough with the shenanigans and pride! Your precious CST unit is an embarrassment to the rest of us.

IA Investigations are confidential and cannot be "posted" to all the members. It would be a violation of fss to publicly discuss the status or existence of such investigation.

02-20-2014, 01:00 AM
Okay, so just a few things.....First, I guess no one is going to bother to call out Dorman on his prior experience in strategic planning? Hey, Chief high pants, think it might be important to realize he was a Disney character prior to being at Bartow...so unless he got his experience in strategic planning with Disney...helping them plan the 5 year plan of Mickey....I doubt he has prior experience. Oh, but maybe he got it in his Masters program....Oh, that's right...he dropped out....Maybe he got it while pursuing his double major degree in...Oh, that's right..its in applied science degree.....Maybe he'll just borrow that like he borrowed everything else......

But its all good.....while NOT supervising his CST team, he streams the Olympics in the morning and has O'dell quiz him in the afternoon on policy....Have to be ready for that test after all.... But you know....It makes me wonder why he is bothering to study at all....Seeing how Mr. Chief High Pants has approved him for Sergeant's pay for the past year......That's right folks....He's been earning Sergeant's pay for the past year and a half.....Imagine that........It's illegal in all, but hey, that never stopped Chief High pants in the past has it......

02-20-2014, 08:07 AM
Wow. Mr. City Manager, Can you please investigate your chief? He is not what he seems to be. Playing favorites to the extreme with only his Cpl/Sgt to be. No one else has a chance in hell taking the test. Creating a supervisor position without notifying the union. Not letting anyone else know about it for a year?

02-21-2014, 04:28 AM
Listen guys, like it or not, he is the chief and can run the pd however he sees fit. We can complain, bellyache, point out all the injustices we want to; and it won't matterone bit. Bartow is one of the lowest, if not THE lowest paid agency in the county. Unless another survey pops up, there is nothing we can do about it. Might as well make the best of it, everyone that can leave, leave. Everyone for whatever reason cant leave then stick with your buddies that you can trust and hope the next chief can do better. AGAIN!