PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Homestead PD Traffic!

01-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Thanks to the traffic unit for giving a fellow brothers mother a ticket for going 15 over, thanks for extending the courtesy!

01-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Thanks to the traffic unit for giving a fellow brothers mother a ticket for going 15 over, thanks for extending the courtesy!

Thanks for the demanding of nepotism.

01-04-2014, 01:41 AM
guest 54321ZERO, Nepotism ,what are you talking about ,has nothing to do with what the previous writer is talking about. Nepotism is, as an example a person holds the rank of Major and his or her spouse is a Captain and the Major does the Captains evaluation NOW that is nepotism.

01-04-2014, 04:25 AM
Dear Dep. If your mother was cited this past week then it was me that cited her because I am the only traffic unit working this week. I dont know if youre a real police Officer or a jail Deputy either way you should be ashamed to mention the words brother Officer. Unfortunatelly I have spent many hours in my long carrear at parade Rest and on my Motor in the heat, Rain and Cold to Honor many Fallen BSO Deputy's (Brother Officers) Not to mention that I am a former BSO Deputy, so to say that I am Disappointed that instead of doing what any Officer would do and contact the Officer that wrote the Citation, you choose to Discredit me my unit and my Depatment on this forum is an understatement. Shame on you. you must be one of the new breed of cops. For your information no one that I cited this week told me that they had a Son Police Officer, which tells me that your Mother has class and enough respect to not try and get away with a citation by mentioning you. If you like to see and hear for yourself which I recommend before you open your mouth, I Video record all my traffic stops. My Name and unit number (if it was me) are on the bottom of the citation. Feel free to contact me.I will provide you a free copy of the Video of the traffic stop. (H.P.D. 305) 245-1535 by the way this number is listed.

01-04-2014, 06:18 AM
Nepotism*is*favoritism*granted in politics or business to*relatives. The term originated with the assignment of nephews to cardinal positions by*Catholic*popes*and*bishops. Nepotism is found in the fields of politics, entertainment, business and religion. I would add LE.

quote="jmss"]guest 54321ZERO, Nepotism ,what are you talking about ,has nothing to do with what the previous writer is talking about. Nepotism is, as an example a person holds the rank of Major and his or her spouse is a Captain and the Major does the Captains evaluation NOW that is nepotism.[/quote]

01-05-2014, 12:32 AM
guest 54321ZERO, Nepotism ,what are you talking about ,has nothing to do with what the previous writer is talking about. Nepotism is, as an example a person holds the rank of Major and his or her spouse is a Captain and the Major does the Captains evaluation NOW that is nepotism.

This seems oddly familiar... :lol:

01-05-2014, 05:34 AM

Actually what you allege, without more facts/details, is better termed conflict of interest.

01-05-2014, 08:08 PM
The deputy should have contacted the officer directly instead of posting it online. I believe it is now too late to make things right. By the way, when was the last time a deputy helped out a fellow officer? Do not ask what someone can do for you but what you can do for someone. Easiest way, go to court and talk to the officer before trial.

On the other hand, what is a Major supervising his own wife as a Captain doing? Only in Homestead does that happen. That is Nepotism.

01-06-2014, 05:04 AM
The deputy should have contacted the officer directly instead of posting it online. I believe it is now too late to make things right. By the way, when was the last time a deputy helped out a fellow officer? Do not ask what someone can do for you but what you can do for someone. Easiest way, go to court and talk to the officer before trial.

On the other hand, what is a Major supervising his own wife as a Captain doing? Only in Homestead does that happen. That is Nepotism.

No it is still not nepotism, as defined, unless favortism is granted. It creates the appearance of neptoism, it is definately a conflict of interest. It should never be permited in govt to allow yourself to be in a position where it can even look like a possible apearance of a conflict of interest. So I agree on the serious ethical issues, I stand for different reasons. I beleive all, including dirty cops have a right to innocence untill proven guilty.

01-20-2014, 06:09 AM
To those with their beliefs on nepotism, a stroll down memory lane to educate some of you needs to happen. Alledgedly there once was a patrolman that was promoted to Sergeant. As a sergeant, his brother worked on the same shift and was supervised by the sergeant. The sergeant supervises the K-9 unit of which his brother is selected for a K-9 position. The sergeant also supervises the SWAT Team to which his brother is selected as a member. The sergeant is Appointed to Captain and then Major over the Operations Divsion, where his brother works in a unit under his command. The Major is also the person that is responsible for scheduling and assigning the off-duty details. His brother is the recipient of off-duties, some assigned to him and CLP that we're outside the regular details. (Alledgedly)
And as far as evaluations--------have you seen it? Or you're just assuming, which is what it sounds like. You're commenting about something that's not true.
Now that being said it doesn't mean the brother didn't earn the positions through hard work and doing the same process as everyone else to get the jobs.
Move on already.

01-21-2014, 02:39 AM
Anon ,mostly true what you stated, does that mean its ok to journey down the same road. ( OH wait,I hear she has more pull then you do and you outrank her) although as a Captain and as a Major SK did not evaluate his brother. Maybe if we are lucky some of these peoples DROP date will be around the corner ,then they MUST retire.

01-22-2014, 04:06 AM
Yes how do you justify the fact that your wife is under investigatation and she still has access to files and is on video removing files from the station to destroy them. nepotism, at its best. on video removing files the week of January 10- 18.2014.

01-22-2014, 04:33 AM
To Stead

That's just it. No going down the same road. This Major has not evaluated the Captain. It seems like someone is assuming or listening to the wrong people or person or just wants to spread lies.

For those that know them, they know the history of how they work and have worked for years. Different shifts, different divisions and on opposite Alpha Bravo schedules.

01-22-2014, 12:45 PM
I believe if you were a **** with an officer you should get a ticket, weather or not you are a family member or a cop yourself, now if were nice with the officer and respectful and a family member of a cop or a cop yourself, don't be a **** and give them a ticket. It is a courtesy as long as the infraction was not blatant and reckless.

01-22-2014, 03:23 PM
This forum would be more interesting if people would use their real names. In stead of hiding behind anonymous and guest. Too funny, smh.

01-22-2014, 03:25 PM
This forum would be more interesting if people would use their real names. In stead of hiding behind anonymous and guest. Too funny, smh.