PDA

View Full Version : now hiring LEO's

12-26-2013, 01:02 AM
Hope everyone had a amazing xmas with their families today! I saw that your dept is currently hiring and I had a question for anyone who can possible help me out. Dept benefits look fantastic and city of margate looks like a great place to work. Besides being issued a glock 23 as your duty weapon, does your dept issue a off duty or "backup" pistol? if so, what model? hope to hear from someone soon

01-01-2014, 06:24 AM
I was wondering if the department has an in-house fitness center? If so, are you given time to work out while on-duty?

01-01-2014, 11:57 PM
I was wondering if the department has an in-house fitness center? If so, are you given time to work out while on-duty?
yes 2 hours per shift. and there is a Starbucks at the gym where you can order free Lattes.

01-08-2014, 03:36 AM
any actual LEO who can give an honest answer to the original question ? department is still hiring and from all accounts, looks like a real solid place to work. Benefits on your city site look fantastic. The poster above brought up a good question, as i am interested in applying too. I have close friends that work in different departments throughout florida and most departments provide off duty gun as well as on duty pistol, the glock 23. is this also true for your department?

01-08-2014, 10:00 PM
First off, primary handgun is Glock 22 gen4. Secondary was a Glock 27, but this is going to be changed relatively soon. Overall good department.

01-08-2014, 10:52 PM
"Margate" I appreciate the response. Does your department equip you with the glock 27 or encouraged to buy one on your own dime as a backup?

01-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Currently, the department issues the secondary and you cannot carry anything else. Also issued a Bushmaster AR-15.

01-10-2014, 03:09 AM
What shifts do you have? City pension or state retirement?

01-11-2014, 02:09 AM
What shifts do you have? City pension or state retirement?

Come on now, do a little research into the department. Both of those questions are directly answered on the department's web site under the recruiting section!

01-11-2014, 03:24 AM
To the easy one, one of the posters said the weapons will be changing soon. Is that due to the fact of the merger with BSO this year?

01-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Are take home cars tricounty? Do you guys hire 1 officer at a time?

01-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Are take home cars tricounty? Do you guys hire 1 officer at a time?

To get a take home car now, you must live in Broward county. Hiring is based upon department needs.

01-11-2014, 02:46 PM
To the easy one, one of the posters said the weapons will be changing soon. Is that due to the fact of the merger with BSO this year?

Only communications division went to BSO, this has nothing to do with our weapons.

01-14-2014, 12:36 AM

Only communications division went to BSO, this has nothing to do with our weapons.
if you want to go with BSO just apply there.This city is not going to merge with them; they have their own problems....just check out their forum....WOW!. Yeah some will say MPD is just as bad, but I seriously doubt it.

01-14-2014, 11:41 AM
Margate is NOT going to EVER go under BSO. If anything we will merge with creek, they seem to be doing a great job!

01-14-2014, 08:40 PM
Margate is NOT going to EVER go under BSO. If anything we will merge with creek, they seem to be doing a great job!
Yes, I think that's the plan.

01-31-2014, 03:46 AM
WRONG, we will be going to BSO very soon……………Thanks Sheriff for making this happen.

02-04-2014, 01:28 PM
WRONG, we will be going to BSO very soon……………Thanks Sheriff for making this happen.

Keep wishing!

02-05-2014, 01:32 AM

Keep wishing!
Bro, you dont want to go there....take a gander at their forum :shock:

04-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Does Margate hire non-cert? Not very clear on the website? Thank you.

06-22-2014, 06:09 PM

Keep wishing!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

FROM YOUR LIPS TO GOD'S EARS BROTHER, FROM YOUR LIPS... :(

06-25-2014, 11:54 AM
I wish BSO would take us over, The city is killing us on our insurance. BSO pays nothing unless you want a PPO plan………

Wake up you MORONS, it going to happen eventually…. Cant wait :cop:

This city sucks when it comes to pay and benefits.

Sorry if the truth hurts to all you admin. bootlicks

06-28-2014, 05:23 PM
I wish BSO would take us over, The city is killing us on our insurance. BSO pays nothing unless you want a PPO plan………

BSO is self destructing as we speak. Probably one of the most dysfunctional agencies in FL. Definitely the worst run agency in Broward. Try reading some of the ridiculous posts on their forum. Dude, be careful what you wish for.

06-29-2014, 04:17 AM
02/04/14 20:32:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:WRONG, we will be going to BSO very soon……………Thanks Sheriff for making this happen.

Keep wishing!

[quote=Guest]I wish BSO would take us over, The city is killing us on our insurance. BSO pays nothing unless you want a PPO plan……

BSO is self destructing as we speak. Probably one of the most dysfunctional agencies in FL. Definitely the worst run agency in Broward. Try reading some of the ridiculous posts on their forum. Dude, be careful what you wish for.
[/quote:3dk5rlaj]
tick-----tick-----tick-----t---i--c- :cop:
BOOM!
gander away-this was their last post
http://www.leoaffairs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=302&t=160920

06-30-2014, 10:33 AM
Bro if BSO is so great then resign and go work at BSO. Don't wish that BS on the rest of us here. I for one do't want to work for alfred e newman.

06-30-2014, 04:19 PM
Bro if BSO is so great then resign and go work at BSO. Don't wish that BS on the rest of us here. I for one do't want to work for alfred e newman.

Grass IS greener

[youtube:16w36trp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sQHlWKFVXE[/youtube:16w36trp]

07-01-2014, 12:05 AM
[quote="dirty politics":3vt9bgh3]Bro if BSO is so great then resign and go work at BSO. Don't wish that BS on the rest of us here. I for one do't want to work for alfred e newman.

Grass IS greener

[youtube:3vt9bgh3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sQHlWKFVXE[/youtube:3vt9bgh3][/quote:3vt9bgh3]
You must be off your meds. When you sober up just go to their forum and get back to me.

07-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Who cares what a few malcontents write on an anonymous blog. I don't know if you have checked lately but our dept. isn't that great. The health care benefits are horrible and the pay sucks……

Yeah Yeah Yeah, I know go apply elsewhere……

07-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Who cares what a few malcontents write on an anonymous blog. I don't know if you have checked lately but our dept. isn't that great. The health care benefits are horrible and the pay sucks……

Yeah Yeah Yeah, I know go apply elsewhere……
Bro, what else can I tell you. Trust me you don't want those clowns running MPD. Only solution would be if Broward goes Metro and the "Sheriff" goes away.

Unregistered
08-12-2014, 01:43 AM
Anyone here anything yet had my interview two weeks ago?

Unregistered
08-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Yep, I did, so that means you did not get the job.

Try again next year.

Unregistered
08-20-2014, 09:42 PM
Yep, I did, so that means you did not get the job.

Try again next year.

You were wrong!