PDA

View Full Version : Out of state carry (high capacity)

12-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Can an out of state officer carry a high capacity magazine in New York State? Thanks for any clear response.

06-20-2014, 12:58 AM
I was wondering the same but I think the High Cap is for NYC/NYS police and you might be in a jam if you had one.

New Jersey has a law that only the police can carry hollowpoints and that is a similar issue if you are not employed in NJ.

07-19-2014, 08:44 PM
Wrong. If you are covered by LEOSA then you can carry any ammo that is not federally banned (like KTW rounds).

The last revision on LEOSA cleared the NJ ammo confusion up.

07-29-2014, 11:51 PM
Wrong. If you are covered by LEOSA then you can carry any ammo that is not federally banned (like KTW rounds).

The last revision on LEOSA cleared the NJ ammo confusion up.

Ok good that takes care of the hollowpoints.
Now we just need to clear up the High Cap mag issue. I don't understand why out of state LE and retired LE can't have High Cap mags. We are not the bad guys, and on occasion out of town cops have saved the local cops butt.

Unregistered
12-22-2014, 09:31 PM
also how does HR 218 fit in with all this for the retired guys. I thought it allows you to carry anything you have certified with throughout the USA. Is NY and this area different . I carry my Sig 229 with high capacity mags and it was given to me when I retired.. from the PD