PDA

View Full Version : Application Process

12-12-2013, 02:33 PM
I've recently applied to Lauderhill Police Department. Can anyone tell me when they should start processing applications? Also, if possible. Can someone give me more information about Lauderhill Police Department? Pay, Morale, Equipment, Specialized Units, etc? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

12-13-2013, 12:05 AM
1#. It sometimes takes a couple weeks to gather the applications and do the background research. Give it three weeks from when you turn your application in and then call the recruiter about the status of your application.

2#. The majority of the information is on the website including pay scale, pension, and specialized unit information. All equipment is issued to you from the department and morale is all in the eyes of the beholder.

Anymore Brain Busters?

12-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Thanks, buddy. I do appreciate it. Information regarding specialized units, pension information and more is not located on the website. That's why I was just asking on the forums.

12-13-2013, 10:55 PM
Sorry about that. The department used to have a different website with all that info listed.

Units:
Strategic Enforcement Team
School Resource Officer
Traffic Unit / Motor Unit
Criminal Investigation Division
Community Policing
Swat
Underwater Recovery Team
Bicycle Unit
Narcotics Unit

The Pension is a 25 years with a retirement of 70%. I don't know too many of the specifics of the pension as it is still new. This may be a question you want to ask the recruiter.

12-14-2013, 02:31 PM
No worries! Thanks again, man. I do appreciate it. Hopefully I get the call!

12-18-2013, 09:17 PM
LPD is allegedly hiring 55 officers come 14... Again, "allegedly"

Davie Plantation Ft. Lauderdale are also hiring

Also, I applied recently as well. Best of luck to you.

12-19-2013, 02:28 AM
LPD is allegedly hiring 55 officers come 14... Again, "allegedly"

Davie Plantation Ft. Lauderdale are also hiring

Also, I applied recently as well. Best of luck to you.
Hahahahahahaha 55 officers lol more like 2-5 officers in 2014. Good luck with the 0.000001% chance of getting hired for this dump city

12-19-2013, 06:01 PM
55? Wow that's a lot. Thanks, my friend. Good luck to you as well. I'm guessing they have 55 positions that need to be filled, but I'm sure they'll hire roughly 10-15.

12-20-2013, 12:22 PM
If you get hired, do the bare minimum until you get off probation then put your applications in at other departments.

12-20-2013, 05:54 PM
If you get hired, do the bare minimum until you get off probation then put your applications in at other departments.
Lauderhill pd a decent dept to get your feet wet in law enforcement,not a place to stay 25 years obviously, if you can last a year put in apps at Davie or sunrise.

12-22-2013, 11:45 AM
If I were you, I would start putting in applications once you graduate the academy and if you get hired, just pay the penalty for leaving early.

01-11-2014, 04:40 AM
Just be aware that if you have had any old sports injuries, do not bother to go any further. HR or the city admin will reject you even if you had the best surgeons repair whatever broke. It is just how they are.

The psychological reports are read by city admin and dissected even though the person dissecting is not qualified to do so. Any minor issues from years ago will be exploited and you will not be hired.

01-14-2014, 03:19 AM
:cop:
Just be aware that if you have had any old sports injuries, do not bother to go any further. HR or the city admin will reject you even if you had the best surgeons repair whatever broke. It is just how they are.

The psychological reports are read by city admin and dissected even though the person dissecting is not qualified to do so. Any minor issues from years ago will be exploited and you will not be hired.
Hahahahahahahahaha, I feel kinda bad... These young retards dying to be cops go thru this rediculous Mickey Mouse process physc, polygraph, oral boards some retards finally get hired and see how crappy the job/position of a police officer is in south florida especially Lauderhill and quickly realize the job is not they imagined or seen in the movies. Lauderhill can keep the measly 50k a year spot. For those that are on patrol please stay professional and do the job the way it's meant to be... Stay safe.

kev
01-17-2014, 12:32 PM
can someone give me advise? i applied several months ago, i've called several times to check the status of my application leaving several messages. i have not heard back from recruiter.

01-17-2014, 08:53 PM
can someone give me advise? i applied several months ago, i've called several times to check the status of my application leaving several messages. i have not heard back from recruiter.
Pretty simple answer, you didn't get the job. If they wanted you and liked your qualifications they would of contacted you already move on or go to school find a skill trade. Your not missing much at Lauderhill. 10-8