PDA

View Full Version : Unfair labor practice

12-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Reserves and past reserves/ part timers

Unite and file an unfair labor practice complaint.
We worked hrs and hrs based on the same scam and lies
SWPD should be investigated on thier labor practices.

I wonder how they are going to dismiss over 100 complainants on depos that state the same thing.

12-04-2013, 10:30 PM

I wonder how they are going to dismiss over 100 complainants on depos that state the same thing.

Simple, the 100 complaints have no standing. Remember, you agree to come on as “Part-time law enforcement officer.” That means any person employed or appointed less than full time, as defined by an employing agency, with or without compensation, who is vested with authority to bear arms and make arrests and whose primary responsibility is the prevention and detection of crime or the enforcement of the penal, criminal, traffic, or highway laws of the state. Or as “Auxiliary law enforcement officer.” That means any person employed or appointed, with or without compensation, who aids or assists a full-time or part-time law enforcement officer and who, while under the direct supervision of a full-time or part-time law enforcement officer, has the authority to arrest and perform law enforcement functions.

I suggest to open and read the below link and learn:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... 43.10.html (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0900-0999/0943/Sections/0943.10.html)

12-04-2013, 11:04 PM

Simple, the 100 complaints have no standing. Remember, you agreed to come on as “Part-time law enforcement officer.” That means any person employed or appointed less than full time, as defined by an employing agency, with or without compensation, who is vested with authority to bear arms and make arrests and whose primary responsibility is the prevention and detection of crime or the enforcement of the penal, criminal, traffic, or highway laws of the state. Or as “Auxiliary law enforcement officer.” That means any person employed or appointed, with or without compensation, who aids or assists a full-time or part-time law enforcement officer and who, while under the direct supervision of a full-time or part-time law enforcement officer, has the authority to arrest and perform law enforcement functions.

I suggest to open and read the below link and learn:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... 43.10.html (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0900-0999/0943/Sections/0943.10.html)

12-05-2013, 12:05 AM
That does not apply to paying for your car
Comming in under the threat to be fired when you have done your hrs.
And the list goes on. Sorry sir but trust me you guys have a long list of violations
Can't wait to see how your post will fly when dozens of cops depo thier accounts of paying for cars working a huge number of hrs and being treated unfairly

Better than the missing pony ;)
Damage control won't work here

12-05-2013, 12:09 AM
Can't wait till the labor attorney gets this and files a perc compliant.

I'm sure SWPDs credibility will dismiss this
They have done everything by the book lmao

Cops paying for police cars !
Cops paying for repairs!
Being threatened
Being overworked

Simple get all the files and get some depos
It will be better than the missing horse !!!

12-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Can't wait to be contacted !
Id love telling my accounts of how I had to fix my own veh.
Or work 4days to get one 59!
Not to mention all my self mailed envelopes sealed waiting to be open.

Or how I saw the current brass do such "by the book" police work.
Some people are gonna loose sleep on this one.

12-05-2013, 12:20 AM
So many got mistreated simply because they we were not part time.
This will be better than the vehicle tow scam.
Damn this place must have over a 100 guys who left and have had been stepped on.

12-05-2013, 12:52 AM
Damn this place must have over a 100 guys who left and have had been stepped on.

You have no standing; what part of that premise don't you understand? Let's face it, you guys came on with SW hoping to get experience and parlay what you hoped would be a brief engagement into getting hired by a real police department. You came to SW with eyes wide open; you knew the demands and cost connected with such association. Now you are crying, because you didn't get picked up by a true police agency. In that, you have only yourselves to blame! Frankly most, if not all, of you part timers and auxiliaries would not make it pass orientation with any of Miami-Dade County's leading police agencies. Anyway, if conditions are so bad . . . RESIGN! You will not, however, for you suffer from “Stockholm syndrome” and are psychologically fused to that badge. It has become what you are, who you are and what you have always wanted to be. That is sad! Remember, however, your certification is good for four years. Who knows in that time frame you might get hired by Medley, Virginia Gardens, Opa-Locka, Miami Gardens and even Hialeah. Hope’s spring is eternal; good luck!

12-05-2013, 01:18 AM
I hope u can represent SWPD when a good attorney drills them good along with Feds :)

12-05-2013, 01:22 AM

You have no standing; what part of that premise don't you understand? Let's face it, you guys came on with SW hoping to get experience and parlay what you hoped would be a brief engagement into getting hired by a real police department. You came to SW with eyes wide open; you knew the demands and cost connected with such association. Now you are crying, because you didn't get picked up by a true police agency. In that, you have only yourselves to blame! Frankly most, if not all, of you part timers and auxiliaries would not make it pass orientation with any of Miami-Dade County's leading police agencies. Anyway, if conditions are so bad . . . RESIGN! You will not, however, for you suffer from “Stockholm syndrome” and are psychologically fused to that badge. It has become what you are, who you are and what you have always wanted to be. That is sad! Remember, however, your certification is good for four years. Who knows in that time frame you might get hired by Medley, Virginia Gardens, Opa-Locka, Miami Gardens and even Hialeah. Hope’s spring is eternal; good luck!
This is what you call the brass quickly trying to snuff another big fire!

Thankfully there are lawyer willing to take this case and a goverment agency willing to hear it out. We shall see:)
The clock is running

12-05-2013, 01:23 AM
This will be epic!

12-05-2013, 01:32 AM
This place is a joke!

Manny got caught and now it's opened the doors for everyone to come forward.
Get the pop corn

Missing horse dogs cars :lol:

12-05-2013, 05:09 AM
This place is a joke!

Manny got caught and now it's opened the doors for everyone to come forward.
Get the pop corn

Missing horse dogs cars :lol:

**lets not forget missing money??I will take butter with the popcorn! please !

12-05-2013, 07:04 PM
POOR RESERVES WORKING AT THAT PLACE THINK THEY ARE GAINING EXPERIANCE AND THAT A GOOD DEPT WILL PICK THEM UP. LOL THE ONLY THING THEY ARE ACCOMPLISHING IS TARNISHING THE CERTIFICATION THEY WORKED SO HARD TO ACQUIRE!!!! DO YOU REALLY THINK ANYONE WILL HIRE YOU OR EVEN LOOK AT YOU KNOWING WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM. YOU CANT EVEN SHOW THAT BADGE WITH PRIDE BECAUSE THE SECOND YOU SAY YOU ARE A SWEETWATER OFFICER. PEOPLE GIVE YOU THAT OH SHIT DE PINGA LOOK ALL THE TIME! LOL NEVER FAILS. IN OTHER WORDS ALL YOUR DOING IS RUINING YOUR IMAGE, GAINING THE BAD REP ON YOUR RESUME. AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE QUESTION OF ANOTHER DEPARTMENT IF THEY LOOK AT YOU "IS THIS ONE OF THOSE COPS?" ALL THAT NEGATIVE RAP FOR FREE!!! RATHER NOT HAVE A BADGE AT ALL AND LOOK ELSE WHERE. HOW CAN A DEPT WITH LESS THAN 200 OFFICERS AND LESS THAN 3 MILES BIG HAVE MORE PROBLEMS OF SUCH MAGNITUDE THAN: MIAMI DADE POLICE, CITY OF MIAMI, BROWARD SHERIFF AND ANY MAJOR DEPT? JUST BLOWS MY MIND MORE THAN THE MASTERBATED DOG. LOL

12-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Look this law firm up on the internet. chamberlain kaufman and jones out of New York. They practice here in Florida as we'll. They are one of the best in the nation when it comes to Law Enforcement hours of work. they may be able to assist any questions. Before you call have all your ducks in a row, like employment date, with hourly wage or reserve status, any receipts for cars, Equipement, hours work to include on duty off duty, court time, mandated call outs and any paper work for contracts like the take home buy your car deals. Remember as of two years ago there were restrictive ours placed on part time jobs by the government unless insurance was given. Depending on when you were hired the restrictions were as low as 29 hours a week. That includes on duty, off duty, 59, court, car repairs or ANYTHING that was work related. This goes for full time officers as well. you will be surprised what can be compensated!

12-11-2013, 02:26 PM
I was made to work too many hours and I was told to come to court on my own time. I can't take it anymore> I have to work over 20 hours a week just work the stupid mall? I just found out that it not even legal. What a screw job :devil:

07-02-2014, 06:30 PM

Did you know that under the Sweetwater Municipal Code it states the following:

Sec. 2-115. Part-time employees working 20 hours or more a week entitled to sick and vacation leave benefits.permanent link to this piece of content

Upon the effective date of this section [November 2, 1987], all employees of the city who are working 20 hours or more, but less than 30, each week shall be entitled to receive sick leave and vacation leave benefits from the city in accordance with the personnel policies of the city on a prorated basis.

(Code 1976, § 2-23.1)

Sec. 2-114. Part-time employees working at least 30 hours a week entitled to same benefits as full-time employees.permanent link to this piece of content

(a)

Qualified part-time employees of the city who have been working for the city for a period of one year or more and are not members of a bargaining unit that has been certified by PERC shall be entitled to the same benefits as full-time employees of the city, except for participation in any defined benefits pension plan offered such full-time employees. Qualified part-time employees may continue to voluntarily participate in any defined contributions plan that the city may provide to the mayor and commission.

(b)

For the purpose of subsection (a), a person shall be deemed to be a qualified part-time employee of the city if he has worked as an employee of the city continuously for a period of one year for an average of at least 30 hours per week during such one-year period.

(Code 1976, § 2-23; Ord. No. 3628, Art. 1, 2-6-2012)

07-02-2014, 06:31 PM
I was made to work too many hours and I was told to come to court on my own time. I can't take it anymore> I have to work over 20 hours a week just work the stupid mall? I just found out that it not even legal. What a screw job :devil:

https://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=10062

07-03-2014, 12:51 PM
easiest way to prove your case is to: make a copy of your work sheet after it is signed my a supervisor and then start adding up your hours.

BUT only if your on the payroll.

if you are a reserve or aux! FORGET ABOUT. YOU ARE A VOLUN-TOLD.

07-04-2014, 12:43 PM
[quote="Too many hours":3w4voiq1]I was made to work too many hours and I was told to come to court on my own time. I can't take it anymore> I have to work over 20 hours a week just work the stupid mall? I just found out that it not even legal. What a screw job :devil:

https://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=10062[/quote:3w4voiq1]

amazing that none of the command staff told any of the part-timers they had some type of benefits. how do I collect on these vacation and sick days that I am entitled to?

does that mean they owe hours to others officers that are not there any more?

so really for omitting this information they violated officer misconduct rules and regs? does FDLE know this?

07-07-2014, 07:05 PM

Did you know that under the Sweetwater Municipal Code it states the following:

Sec. 2-115. Part-time employees working 20 hours or more a week entitled to sick and vacation leave benefits.permanent link to this piece of content

Upon the effective date of this section [November 2, 1987], all employees of the city who are working 20 hours or more, but less than 30, each week shall be entitled to receive sick leave and vacation leave benefits from the city in accordance with the personnel policies of the city on a prorated basis.

(Code 1976, § 2-23.1)

Sec. 2-114. Part-time employees working at least 30 hours a week entitled to same benefits as full-time employees.permanent link to this piece of content

(a)

Qualified part-time employees of the city who have been working for the city for a period of one year or more and are not members of a bargaining unit that has been certified by PERC shall be entitled to the same benefits as full-time employees of the city, except for participation in any defined benefits pension plan offered such full-time employees. Qualified part-time employees may continue to voluntarily participate in any defined contributions plan that the city may provide to the mayor and commission.

(b)

For the purpose of subsection (a), a person shall be deemed to be a qualified part-time employee of the city if he has worked as an employee of the city continuously for a period of one year for an average of at least 30 hours per week during such one-year period.

(Code 1976, § 2-23; Ord. No. 3628, Art. 1, 2-6-2012)

I be as stupid as a

this only applies to paid part-timers, right?

so how many vacation and sick days do I get?

07-14-2014, 02:16 PM
I feel so sad, that nobody cares.

oh, well turn the page!

lololololollololoolololololoolol

07-15-2014, 12:43 PM
are you telling me that we had some type of benefits, and they lied to me and us saying that we weren't entitled to any days off or sick time.

but according to the "MUNICODE" WE are! so how do I file a labor complaint against SWEETWATER to get the time paid to me?

They know this all along and screw us all out of this time just to force us to work even when we were sick, or get fired!

Sweetwater, get really a class action law suit is coming. I want what is owed to me.

if any one was a part-timer and didn't receive their share of benefits before leaving SPD, or if you know of someone who didn't, please help me out and add that persons name to this string, I will find my way to contacting every single one of you and then they will hear our voice.

I have time and money to pay for the lawyer!

Unregistered
01-24-2015, 03:12 AM
Quit already Vic. stop being a snitch and man up to your own shit. how pathetic how you supposedly defend all you fellow officers and what you do best is talk mad shit about them and even about your own dept lol.. your're just making it worse for yourself everyone finds out your snitch within the dept.

Unregistered
02-10-2015, 12:10 PM
Vic is the Napoleoon. Dynamite of SWPD
Ochoa is his Uncle Rico

Fat Rey is well... A disgrace
Jessie lol SWAT BOOM BOOM BANG BANG

Unregistered
05-13-2015, 12:33 PM
are you telling me that we had some type of benefits, and they lied to me and us saying that we weren't entitled to any days off or sick time.

but according to the "MUNICODE" WE are! so how do I file a labor complaint against SWEETWATER to get the time paid to me?

They know this all along and screw us all out of this time just to force us to work even when we were sick, or get fired!

Sweetwater, get really a class action law suit is coming. I want what is owed to me.

if any one was a part-timer and didn't receive their share of benefits before leaving SPD, or if you know of someone who didn't, please help me out and add that persons name to this string, I will find my way to contacting every single one of you and then they will hear our voice.

I have time and money to pay for the lawyer!

Simple ask the city for public records request of all the part-timers and then you'll know who to contact. if you find me on the list I would be willing to help you with the attorney's fees since we will get them all back when the law suit is won.

Unregistered
12-03-2015, 07:01 PM

how many guys now????? do the math.

CORRUPTION
12-05-2015, 04:01 PM
DELMONTE gets special treatment he will be at the desk, pending outcome of the case.
Yup!! He would be sitting at the desk, pending outcome of the case. As usual, many part timers get ROD for less severe actions but he gets special treatment and gets the desk pending outcome. I wonder if Challan Diaz got the desk pending outcome too? Moral in this dept would never be high because of actions like this one. This is not the first time Delmonte faces harassing complains, ask kaylee the new dispatcher, she also had things to say about him a few months back. Some things with this idiot don't seem to ever stop! One way or the other he always ****s shit up!

Unregistered
12-26-2015, 07:55 AM
Well PBA??? What the hell are you doing for us?

Unregistered
12-26-2015, 03:16 PM
Well PBA??? What the hell are you doing for us?

They couldn't do nothing for the fired guys, what do you expect them to do for us ? All they can do is put the city on blast in there monthly news paper and send out a bunch of aggressive demanding letters in which Orlando is wiping his ass with.

Half of the department isn't even part of the bargaining agreement anymore. If I'm not mistaken, (LT's and above) which we have a lot of.