PDA

View Full Version : HB185 - 1% money / social security DEDUCTION

11-09-2013, 06:57 PM
SENIOR OFFICERS PLEASE HELP !
WHERE IS THE DORAL SHARE OF THE HB185 - 1% money GOING ?
WHY IS IT THAT DORAL OFFICERS CAN'T KEEP IT IN YOUR OWN PERSONEL ACCOUNT, JUST LIKE IN THE CITY OF MIAMI PD ?
IS DORAL KEEPING IT TO PAY THE STATE FRS PAYMENT ?
MPD OFFICERS RETIRE WITH A ACCOUNT BALANCE OF $350,000 +

ALSO , WHY ARE YOU PAYING SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICIAD TAXES ?
WHEN YOU RETIRE THE WEP ( WINDFALL ELIMINATION PROVISION )
AND THE GPO ( GOVERMENT PENSION OFFSET ) WILL TAKE EFFECT AND YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS WILL BE REDUCED OR ELIMINATED ALL TOGETHER DUE TO YOUR GOVERMENT PENSION.

ANY POSSIBILITY OF NEGOTIATING THIS TWO ITEMS ? IT WILL HELP OFFICERS PAYCHECK WITHOUT COSTING DORAL MUCH.

11-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Who told you Doral gets 1% of anything. That clause has long since been retired. No longer used in Florida cities. Miami and a few others have been grandfathered in. Stop trying to stir up shit. Find something factual and productive to post. This is a Non-Issue. Go make up some other BS and try it out. Better yet, get lost you clown.

11-09-2013, 11:41 PM
hey dip shit tommy can't you answer a simple question without getting wound up.
by the way go **** yourself and answer the second question.
I am not trying to stir anything up. just asking for informative knowledge you prick !
you must be the station suck butt or ass wipe , also known as the cabin boy.
need someone with real answers to help out. thanks

11-10-2013, 02:16 AM
Way to go Tommy. Don't let that clown come on our site and stir up shit. I'm more interested in things that are Really affecting us as an organization not made up Bull caca. I agree. Tell that clown to take his nonsense somewhere else.

11-10-2013, 02:34 AM
Candidate, you bring up some questions and concerns that we must look at if we care about our future(s). I came from an agency that didn't have a 1-85, so I can't answer any of your questions. But I do know that departments like Miami, Miami Beach, Hialeah, Coral Gables, and many others do have it, and, when it is time for them to retire, they can take home a huge check. I don't know if we have anyone within the department that has any experience in 1-85, but we truly need to find out. We lose nothing by looking into this. If it's no longer offered in cities, we move on. But, if it is, and we can tap into this, it's big bucks for not just our future, but our families future. You are right, Social Security Benefits will be non-existent probably with in the next decade. We are paying for this and will get nothing in return. Don't listen to these goof balls like Tommyy and Ford, these are individuals who actually believe the city is going to take care of us once we retire. If that was the case, we wouldn't need a union. These two individuals are the true losers, because they don't care about their families future. We do need to look into this and reach out to other departments. Good work Candidate!

11-10-2013, 02:47 AM
I think the candidate is answering his own posts. LMAO. Definitely a clown. Ignore him and he'll go to another site.

11-10-2013, 04:21 AM
It really is sad that just by the way you punks post your comments on here that you are just little rookies with probably 5 years or less as cops and you have no clue as to what others who post serious issues on this site are talking about. You little ***** rookies truly think that you will survive with literally no pay raises and they continue to take more and more from our checks. Yet you rookies believe that it's OK because the new administration will take care of us. LOL..... Candidate, most of us agree with you. Don't let these so called cops who are still in diapers push you out of here. They are just children. Their problem is they probably are single or maybe just have a wife and no kids as of yet, so they have no idea about financial security. Those on the top already have it. They came here a big pension and they are just adding on to it. A lot of our officers are just starting out. When they leave here, they will have a small pension. But these little *****es, just don't or refuse to understand this. They listen to certain individuals with rank.

11-10-2013, 04:50 AM
I think the candidate is answering his own posts. LMAO. Definitely a clown. Ignore him and he'll go to another site.

11-10-2013, 11:44 AM
NYPD AKA one of the azzholes from CPU. How do I know it's an azzhoke from CPU you ask? You guys are the only ones to work whatever schedule you want, and have so much time on your hands that this site is probably getting torn up by your city issued computer. It's funny that there were no posts for the week leading up to the Sgt's exam. I guess all the jerks that come on here talking shish were all cramming for the exam. It's great to know that the future leadership of this department will be held by shi* talkers. Good thing I'm almost out of here :devil:

11-10-2013, 02:16 PM
NYPD AKA one of the azzholes from CPU. How do I know it's an azzhoke from CPU you ask? You guys are the only ones to work whatever schedule you want, and have so much time on your hands that this site is probably getting torn up by your city issued computer. It's funny that there were no posts for the week leading up to the Sgt's exam. I guess all the jerks that come on here talking shish were all cramming for the exam. It's great to know that the future leadership of this department will be held by shi* talkers. Good thing I'm almost out of here :devil:

LOL Drudge, damn, another rookie who has no brains and cant contribute to the real conversation, does what they do best when they're too stupid to contribute, they go after people and use their insults. To answer your first ridiculous statement, NO, I'm not in CPU. But it sounds like you're really envious and jealous. Maybe one day when you mature and you learn about police work, you too can become an investigator. For now, just learn to be a cop. Go make your complaint if you think someone used issue city computers to study, might as well call you Jonathan Martin of Doral PD. Everyone had plenty of opportunity to study. The original exam date was delayed because a certain motorman who was out injured complained that he didn't know about the exam and didn't know the date. The administration was nice enough to extend the time and we had a new exam date. Everyone had a chance to study. Just because you're too stupid and have no study habits because chances are you barely graduated high school, don't blame those who took the time to study because they want to better themselves.

What does the sergeants exam have to do with the questions "Candidate" posed about the 185 fund? Are you truly this stupid. Candidate is so right. You are a child Drudge, you care nothing about your future, you just want to play games. Keep out of the grown up room. Go follow your little pathetic sergeant and just listen to him.

11-10-2013, 09:27 PM
I Agee . Everyone had plenty of time to study.

11-10-2013, 09:29 PM
When does the list get posted?

11-10-2013, 09:45 PM

It's unknown when its posted, but the top 4 are,,,,,
1. Arango
2. Rodriguez, Pablo
3. Arazi
4. Gomez, Yvette

Congrats to all.

11-10-2013, 10:23 PM
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE INDIVIDUALS THAT POSTED POSITIVE COMMENTS AND KEPT THIS FORUM WITH INTELLIGENT AND MEANINGFUL THOUGHTS.
FOR THE REST OF YOU PLEASE DO NOT CLOUD THE STATED ISSUES WITH NEGATIVITY OR DIVERSIONS , IT'S A REFLECTION OF YOUR CARACTER AND MENTAL CAPACITY .
AGAIN I ASK IF ANYBODY FROM ADMINISTRATION ,THE UNION REPS , OR ANY MEMBER OF THE DPD HAVE A ANSWER TO MY TWO QUESTION ?

1# IS THE DPD OR CITY OF DORAL ENTITLE TO THE HB185 /1% MONEY ?
IF YES , WHERE IS IT GOING OR HOW IS IT BEING SPEND.
IF NO , CAN DPD OFFICERS TAP INTO THE FUND AT THIS TIME.

2# ANY POSSIBILITY DPD OFFICERS CAN STOP PAYING SOCIAL SECURITY TAXES ?
WHO CAN MAKE THIS DECISION ?

IT IS ABSURD BEING TAX S.S.@ 6.2 % AND MEDICARE @ 1.45 % ON INCOME .
AT THE END OF YOUR CAREER OR 62 YEARS OF AGE WHICH EVER COMES FIRST YOU GET ZAPPED WITH THE WEP # WINDFALL ELIMINATION PROVISION )
AND THE GPO # GOVERMENT PENSION OFFSET ) AND YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS WILL BE REDUCED OR ELIMINATED ALL TOGETHER DUE TO YOUR GOVERMENT PENSION.
DPD OFFICERS , THE ELIMINATION OF THIS TAX ON YOUR PAY CHECK COULD PUT A SIZABLE CHUNK OF CHANGE BACK IN YOUR POCKETS . HECK , IT MIGHT EVEN BENEFIT THE CITY OF DORAL WITH NOT HAVING TO CONTRIBUTE THERE PORTION OF THE TAX.

11-11-2013, 01:38 AM
My guess is the Candidate scored low on the Sgts Exam.

11-11-2013, 02:01 AM
Yeah, sounds like it.

11-11-2013, 12:46 PM

1. Arango
2. Rodriguez, Pablo
3. Arazi
4. Gomez, Yvette

Congrats to all.

I was told that the candidates get their scores before the chief gets the list and that the list will probably be posted on Wednesday or Thursday.

11-12-2013, 03:40 AM

1. Arango
2. Rodriguez, Pablo
3. Arazi
4. Gomez, Yvette

Congrats to all.

Only Arango and Arazi are worth promoting, the other two are worthless.

11-12-2013, 03:46 AM
I guess you didn't do well on the exam!

DORALITO
05-08-2018, 04:39 PM
i would like to thank the individuals that posted positive comments and kept this forum with intelligent and meaningful thoughts.
For the rest of you please do not cloud the stated issues with negativity or diversions , it's a reflection of your character and mental capacity .
Again i ask if anybody from administration ,the union reps , or any member of the dpd have a answer to my two question ?

1# is the dpd or city of doral entitle to the hb185 /1% money ?
If yes , where is it going or how is it being spend.
If no , can dpd officers tap into the fund at this time.

2# any possibility dpd officers can stop paying social security taxes ?
Who can make this decision ?

It is absurd being tax s.s.@ 6.2 % and medicare @ 1.45 % on income .
At the end of your career or 62 years of age which ever comes first you get zapped with the wep # windfall elimination provision )
and the gpo # government pension offset ) and your social security benefits will be reduced or eliminated all together due to your government pension.
Dpd officers , the elimination of this tax on your pay check could put a sizable chunk of change back in your pockets . Heck , it might even benefit the city of doral with not having to contribute there portion of the tax.

Any advancement of these issues in future negotiations union rep ?

Unregistered
05-09-2018, 06:42 PM
LMAO, like our "reps" have a chance.

Unregistered
05-12-2018, 09:47 AM
Isn't one specific to city pensions and not to FRS?

DORALITO
05-12-2018, 07:57 PM
isn't one specific to city pensions and not to frs?

I don't think hb185 also known as the 1% or not paying into social security because of a government job has anything to do with frs . If we stop paying into social security just like a lot of municipality's it would be a significant increase in our take home pay .

Is city of doral keeping the 1% to supplement their mandatory contribution into the frs pension ?
Its really our money ! Just ask the miami guys that have retired and collected the 1% payout
(free $400k in a 30 year career )

any one out there with knowledge about these issues to inform the body ?

How in the hell do we get this 2 issues through ?

Unregistered
05-22-2018, 01:50 PM
The collective bargaining unit must negotiate it but the PBA doesn’t really have anyone well versed in pensions so we on our own may want to hire a pension attorney

DORALITO
05-22-2018, 03:22 PM
The collective bargaining unit must negotiate it but the PBA doesn’t really have anyone well versed in pensions so we on our own may want to hire a pension attorney

Well then we should terminate with the PBA and go with our own Local FOP .
We the Doral officers need to be more involved with our own issues , established our own dedicated executive board and elect principal officers . I'm tired of being under represented by the PBA . In the mean time we have to reconsider who we have as a union rep .

Unregistered
05-22-2018, 04:51 PM
Bring in whoever. Doubt the PBA will realize we're gone.