PDA

View Full Version : Schedule and Medical Benefits

Possible Recruit
11-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Good afternoon folks, I am entertaining the thought of making a big move across country and applying with Fort Lauderdale PD. I can't seem to find this info anywhere so I'm hopeful someone here has the knowledge to answer my questions.

I understand pay is based on a 40 hour work week, can someone please tell me what the schedule is? Second, what are the costs of the medical benefits for the employee? What are the medical benefits offered upon retirement? What is the cost for medical for retirees? Is the amount capped once you retire or are the premiums increased each year but remain the same percentage (ie 20% regardless of the increase in cost each year)? Are you eligible for medical if you retire at 20 years or must you first max out your pension before you are eligible for medical? Finally, when retiring when do you collect your pension? As soon as your retirement is approved or must you be a certain age first?

Thanks for your time, it's much appreciated.

11-09-2013, 01:09 AM
This information can be obtain from the city where you will apply. A normal adult would look at the job information at the city web site to obtain most employment information. It's clear you can't handle that part and you want to work here ?
Try Home Depot outside plant department.

Good afternoon folks, I am entertaining the thought of making a big move across country and applying with Fort Lauderdale PD. I can't seem to find this info anywhere so I'm hopeful someone here has the knowledge to answer my questions.

I understand pay is based on a 40 hour work week, can someone please tell me what the schedule is? Second, what are the costs of the medical benefits for the employee? What are the medical benefits offered upon retirement? What is the cost for medical for retirees? Is the amount capped once you retire or are the premiums increased each year but remain the same percentage (ie 20% regardless of the increase in cost each year)? Are you eligible for medical if you retire at 20 years or must you first max out your pension before you are eligible for medical? Finally, when retiring when do you collect your pension? As soon as your retirement is approved or must you be a certain age first?

Thanks for your time, it's much appreciated.

Possible Recruit
11-09-2013, 02:26 AM
LOL, you are aware the fact that you aren't man enough to provide any identifying info to the site so you can own what you say makes you a person of little consequence right?

Work smarter, not harder my friend. Why bother deciphering page upon page of legalese when you can have someone tell you in layman's terms. If you don't know the answer then just move on by next time. You don't need to verbalize every thought just because you were able to muster one up. Though, I do hope you feel better about yourself. You are quite the peach!

11-09-2013, 05:44 AM
Thanks for asking stupid questions. You should apply here, we have Obama care, a 401k, and you get Medicare when you retire.

LOL, you are aware the fact that you aren't man enough to provide any identifying info to the site so you can own what you say makes you a person of little consequence right?

Work smarter, not harder my friend. Why bother deciphering page upon page of legalese when you can have someone tell you in layman's terms. If you don't know the answer then just move on by next time. You don't need to verbalize every thought just because you were able to muster one up. Though, I do hope you feel better about yourself. You are quite the peach!

11-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Thanks, its clear you cant even find basic information for a job you are looking for so you post your stupid question on a site which you have no idea where the info comes from. You will make a fine detective. If at this point in your life you can't make a call or look up a city web site then you should remain breast feeding and please pass the milk.
Say hi to mom.
Love Peaches

Possible Recruit
11-09-2013, 06:41 PM
LOL