PDA

View Full Version : 3/15 for MPD

09-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Please come out and help your brothers and sisters in blue.

ATTENTION ALL MIAMI POLICE OFFICERS:

This Thursday (9/12/13) at 1600 HRS at City Hall, we need everyone to unite with city residents to make change to the police budget. Our plan calls for a $10 million dollar increase in the police budget to restore our benefits and to be able to hire new officers. Without being competitive, the MPD will never hire 100 cops. Chief Orosa is being blamed for the police department being understaffed, when the reason is quite clear: We are underpaid and one of the lowest compensated departments in South Florida.

With several hundred residents and ourselves coming together on Thursday, we can make our voices heard. Our goal is for the City of Miami to add $10 million dollars to next year's budget on top of what is proposed. Can it be done? On a half a billion dollar budget, I'm sure it can be. With $10 million dollars, the City can restore our benefits to make us competitive again (that would cost about $8 million dollars). By becoming competitive with surrounding police departments, the MPD will be able to fill the approximately 40 vacant positions open now, fill the 25 additional positions already in next year's budget, and add approximately 30 police officers (starting pay and all benefits for entry level police officers is about $67,000 divided by $2 million is about 30 more cops, cited from a DOJ COPS Grant) with this increase.

BE THERE!!!

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2013 @ 1600 HRS AT CITY HALL

SHIRTS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR NEIGHBORS AND COPS

SPREAD THE WORD!

FRATERNALLY, SERGEANT JAVIER ORTIZ, PRESIDENT

09-24-2013, 03:57 PM
yeah ok I'll be there.....we have our own problems welcome to the club.

09-24-2013, 04:02 PM
yeah ok I'll be there.....we have our own problems welcome to the club.
We suck, we won't be there. We would never help another department or officer when all we do is back stab each other. It's a tradition here since Chief Skalaski and it's worse now than ever. Incompetent leadership here and the staff is the worse in the history of this department. Why would anyone here help anyone else when we are constantly screwing each other over here. Don't bother us we are to busy backstabbing each other!