PDA

View Full Version : Job Questions

08-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Hello all,

I recently applied to the latest vacancy at TIAPD, and am trying to find out as much 10-43 as I can. I'm trying to relocate to the Tampa/Pasco area, and TIAPD seems like it might be a decent move. I'm prior Florida LE with 7 years experience, and vested under FRS, but currently work for the Feds.
Anyways, I had a couple of questions about the agency if anyone's willing to answer.

What kind of shifts are you guys working currently? 12hr with alternating day/midnight work etc?

I'm pretty sure that you are, but could someone confirm that TIAPD is under FRS, please.

Will the agency cut an officer out of FTO early if he has prior experience? Some agencies do, but some don't.

Is OT available if wanted?

Is an officer able to try out for SRT/K9 prior to his 12 month probationary period, or do you have to ride it through.

What kind of duty gear is TIAPD using? GLOCK 22 and X26 etc?

Thanks in advance for any help that you guys give me. Take care and be safe all.

08-22-2013, 12:51 AM
Yep, no responses. You guys suck. Oh well......................................be safe anyway.

08-22-2013, 09:36 PM
LOL thats because we are all afraid of the great and all powerful wizard of oz!!!!

08-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Hello all,

I recently applied to the latest vacancy at TIAPD, and am trying to find out as much 10-43 as I can. I'm trying to relocate to the Tampa/Pasco area, and TIAPD seems like it might be a decent move. I'm prior Florida LE with 7 years experience, and vested under FRS, but currently work for the Feds.
Anyways, I had a couple of questions about the agency if anyone's willing to answer.

What kind of shifts are you guys working currently? 12hr with alternating day/midnight work etc?

I'm pretty sure that you are, but could someone confirm that TIAPD is under FRS, please.

Will the agency cut an officer out of FTO early if he has prior experience? Some agencies do, but some don't.

Is an officer able to try out for SRT/K9 prior to his 12 month probationary period, or do you have to ride it through.

Thanks in advance for any help that you guys give me. Take care and be safe all.

First of all, if you are prior LEO, then you know we shouldn't be answering some of these questions on a public forum. If you REALLY want to know, call HR and ask.

I will answer a few of your questions.

FRS = YES
12 Hr. Shifts= Depends what/where you are assigned, but mostly yes

FTO= Depends on your experience

OT= NO, only in rare cases.

Please be warned, the working environment here is currently Toxic. That is not an understatement. I am not a disgruntled guy either. But I will call a duck a duck. Right now, things aren't too great. There is room for improvement, but many changes must come about before anything gets better. This agency is very disgruntled, moral is in the dumps, and the powers that be are out on a daily head hunt to ruin careers over trivial things.

08-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Yep, no responses. You guys suck. Oh well......................................be safe anyway.

You allowed for exactly THREE hours for someone to respond to your post. Are you an IDIOT?

Un-like you, we dont simply sit around and stare at LEO affairs all day. Do yourself a favor and stay where you are at. YOU will not be welcomed here.

08-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Can someone please answer this question in ref to the starting salary. Is there any increase to the starting salary for experience or does everyone start at the same pay scale. Thanks for any assistance you can provide. Just fyi I tried to call your Agency but no one I spoke to could answer this question....Thanks and be safe

08-27-2013, 01:49 AM

You allowed for exactly THREE hours for someone to respond to your post. Are you an IDIOT?

Un-like you, we dont simply sit around and stare at LEO affairs all day. Do yourself a favor and stay where you are at. YOU will not be welcomed here.

First of all, my second post was more of a joke than anything. Second, you can take your opinion, and stick it up your fourth-point-of-contact, Negative Nancy :D Cheers

08-27-2013, 01:54 AM
Hello all,

First of all, if you are prior LEO, then you know we shouldn't be answering some of these questions on a public forum. If you REALLY want to know, call HR and ask.

I will answer a few of your questions.

FRS = YES
12 Hr. Shifts= Depends what/where you are assigned, but mostly yes

FTO= Depends on your experience

OT= NO, only in rare cases.

Please be warned, the working environment here is currently Toxic. That is not an understatement. I am not a disgruntled guy either. But I will call a duck a duck. Right now, things aren't too great. There is room for improvement, but many changes must come about before anything gets better. This agency is very disgruntled, moral is in the dumps, and the powers that be are out on a daily head hunt to ruin careers over trivial things.

Thanks for your response, and honesty about your agency. I'm sorry to hear that you guys are going through such a hard time right. Hopefully things will get better for you guys soon. Supervisors come and go...........but sometimes they don't leave soon enough. I've been there too, brother. Well, hang in there. Just from your response alone, I've already withdrawn my application. Good luck, and be safe.

08-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Can someone please answer this question in ref to the starting salary. Is there any increase to the starting salary for experience or does everyone start at the same pay scale. Thanks for any assistance you can provide. Just fyi I tried to call your Agency but no one I spoke to could answer this question....Thanks and be safe

The answer is no. You will start out at base salary and raises come on occasion . It all depends on how much "Profit" The Aviation Authority Makes. Ethical right?