PDA

View Full Version : LONG GUNS AND SAFES IN SCHOOL

07-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Hello Brothers and Sisters,

I'm a School Resource Officer at an inner-city high school in Tampa and I'm trying to find out if any agencies in FL issue their SROs/SRDs long-guns and allow them to be kept/gun-safed in their respective schools during the school day.

With the ever-increasing threats we face both on the street and in our schools, it seems like a pretty good idea to not only have a long-gun but for an SRO/SRD, it would be an invaluable tool to engage and stop a threat at range, with accuracy, when that day comes. Particularly so, when considering that the active shooter/murderer is armed with a
long-gun(s) and possibly suited in body armor.

Thanks, God bless, take care of each other and be safe.

07-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Hello Brothers and Sisters,

I'm a School Resource Officer at an inner-city high school in Tampa and I'm trying to find out if any agencies in FL issue their SROs/SRDs long-guns and allow them to be kept/gun-safed in their respective schools during the school day.

With the ever-increasing threats we face both on the street and in our schools, it seems like a pretty good idea to not only have a long-gun but for an SRO/SRD, it would be an invaluable tool to engage and stop a threat at range, with accuracy, when that day comes. Particularly so, when considering that the active shooter/murderer is armed with a
long-gun(s) and possibly suited in body armor.

Thanks, God bless, take care of each other and be safe.

And yes, our chief is an unrepentant lesbian woman that hates men.

07-30-2013, 03:15 AM
Thanks for asking us officers in Aventura, we're the training grounds of Miami Dade County and I'm sure one of our highly trained officers here, working in the mean streets of Aventura can give you great advise on what your agency should do. As a matter of fact I bet we could travel to your agency and provide the best training in the state.