PDA

View Full Version : detention deputy

05-24-2013, 01:54 AM
Hello members of Monroe sheriffs office..

About 3 Weeks ago.. I applied for the detention deputy trainee position. After doing so, I received in email telling me to take the fbat for corrections and got a 92. The email also said I would be scheduled for a interview soon after. I haven't received a call yet from Charles slebodnick (sent the email). My question is, should I do something to make my application stand out more than others and get the interview.. I'm a 22 yo male, I have an AA in criminal justice and i'm still in school in Miami. I've never been arrested in my life... I was thinking maybe taking all of my info in person to the HR department and meet face to face. Any tips?? All help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

05-27-2013, 10:52 AM
First things first, Calm down. Relax.

These applications take a LONG time to process. The system is set up in a way that the agency knows how many people a year they will hire, give or take a few for retirement and or people who move on.

The process alone can take up to a YEAR, so be patient. DO NOT HOUND HR, or anyone for the matter, or you will just further delay the process.

If you meet the standards and qualifications, you will hired when a position is available.

Don't lie, don't be pushy.

05-28-2013, 10:34 PM
Run away as fast as you can. Try BSO or PBSO, you will make a boat load of money there.

05-29-2013, 04:09 AM
Thank you for the response.. I did apply for bso.. I will go to the first agency to contact me and give me the opportunity. Just trying to get my foot in the door.

05-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Be careful with what you wish for...

Thank you for the response.. I did apply for bso.. I will go to the first agency to contact me and give me the opportunity. Just trying to get my foot in the door.

05-31-2013, 08:08 PM
By the way, the email he sent me said that the corrections academy will begin in September. My friend applied about 2 weeks before I did and he was called for an interview scheduled for yesterday 5/30. (He has a connection inside) I don't. Hope I get called for an interview soon.