PDA

View Full Version : Police Officer Positions

05-13-2013, 01:21 AM
Hello,
Just saw on the news that Palm Beach Schools may hire 24 Police Officers. I just moved from Broward.Did 25 years as a LEO with BSO.20 + as a Lieutenant.Retired several years ago,very good retirement. But I started young and was done at 47.I just moved to Boynton Beach and want to keep LE Cert.and me active.I have 3 years til cert expires. I would rather do part time, but am considering full time. School Police would be good fit for me,no more call to call in my future.

So couple questions,Please
1.Is it a good place to work as LEO?
2.Pay
3.Are you all off in the summers?
4.Do you all have P/T LEOs.
5.Do you all work M-F during school hours?
6.Do you all have county wide LE Power off school grounds ?
7.How does one apply and what test is required for cert officer?

Thanks...

05-16-2013, 01:09 AM
Can anyone answer some of these....

05-19-2013, 08:38 PM
go away. the last thing we need is more retired on the job humps....

05-21-2013, 02:16 AM
Easy.....

05-21-2013, 02:36 PM
I agree, STAY RETIRED!!!

05-24-2013, 07:42 PM
@ 10-8 Broward dude, just go to the School District Website and go to the school police section. @ the morons who immaturely responded like children, it's time to grow up. The fact is that this department would not exist if it were not for retired LEO personnel.

05-25-2013, 01:56 AM
10 04 Thanks...

05-25-2013, 03:52 PM
We need guys like you here - get off this forum and come see us at the dac

05-28-2013, 10:08 AM
days off are great holidays especially

06-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Ive got to say that I'm pretty taken back by this entire forum. No professionalism whatsoever. Who wants to be a LEO around that? Whether retired or a young gun, everybody has something to bring to the table. Too bad this table is dirty.

06-07-2013, 01:24 AM
@ 10-8 Broward dude, just go to the School District Website and go to the school police section. @ the morons who immaturely responded like children, it's time to grow up. The fact is that this department would not exist if it were not for retired LEO personnel.

Would not exist? Ohh really? You know what WOULD exist?? Better benefits, better representation, a better contract!! Its you R.O.T.J. dumb dumbs that did nothing for years except collect a paycheck and now we REAL COPS trying to make a living are trying to fix what should have been fixed years ago!!!!! :devil:

Mr. I am OK with driving my personal vehicle to schools around the County for the past 25 years!!!!

06-08-2013, 03:48 AM

Would not exist? Ohh really? You know what WOULD exist?? Better benefits, better representation, a better contract!! Its you R.O.T.J. dumb dumbs that did nothing for years except collect a paycheck and now we REAL COPS trying to make a living are trying to fix what should have been fixed years ago!!!!! :devil:

Mr. I am OK with driving my personal vehicle to schools around the County for the past 25 years!!!!
Who ever you are you should look in the mirror because if you do, you will see a sad disgruntled individual who use to get their lunch money taken from them so they became a cop so that they could feel secured again. I apologize for taking your lunch money, there I said it, so now can we move on from this childish nonsense on this thread. The problems that exist were not created by the personnel who were officers elsewhere; they were created by you, the original officers who have been here all along. Stop blaming others for your failures and shortcomings. The war is over, we won, and we will not apologize for making you realize that you can't marry your sister. You attack other officers because you never were a real cop yourself. Jealousy is an heavy burden to bare officer; I suggest that you get counseling for your issues. You owe it to your kids, your spouse, the department, and most importantly to yourself. If you are scared, don't be, I will hold your hand and guide you down the path you so righteously belong, in front of the Palm Tran Miami to West Palm express.

07-25-2013, 11:44 PM
Will the department help get me post certified in florida since i am from out of state?

07-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Are there any other positions, within the department, open currently; higher ranking than Police Officer?

07-30-2013, 06:37 AM
Are there any other positions, within the department, open currently; higher ranking than Police Officer?
Will the department help get me post certified in florida since i am from out of state?

No to both questions

08-15-2013, 12:56 AM
Are they done with the interviews yet?

11-23-2013, 12:42 AM
Does anybody know if any officers were hired? Trying to get through to HR has proven to be impossible by phone.

11-26-2013, 10:32 PM
Does anybody know if any officers were hired? Trying to get through to HR has proven to be impossible by phone. Thats a sign.....