PDA

View Full Version : Why is DCPD doing patrols in Land O' Lakes?

05-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Noticed these past 2 weeks a marked DCPD cruiser checking speeds on 54 new Collier Parkway, and just today, checking speeds on County line, just East on 41. Just a tad out of the jurisdiction, yes?

Whats the 411 on this?

05-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Dade City has mutual aid agreement with PCSO on certain events i.e. saturation patrol (DUI), warrant round up and very few other things.

DCPD has a take home car policy so its very possible that the officer/detective is driving to or from work.

I dont think they are checking speed their, I think it is just random timing you see him/her when they are driving to or from work when you are.

But who knows........

05-04-2013, 01:00 AM
Dade City has mutual aid agreement with PCSO on certain events i.e. saturation patrol (DUI), warrant round up and very few other things.

DCPD has a take home car policy so its very possible that the officer/detective is driving to or from work.

I dont think they are checking speed their, I think it is just random timing you see him/her when they are driving to or from work when you are.

But who knows........

Thank you for the reply! When the officer was checking speeds, he was checking westbound traffic, and was parked at the entrance of the Terra Bella subdivision on SR 54 bue east of Livingston.

When he was checking speeds on county line, he was in civilian clothes but had his tactical vest on...

Just curious, but you explained it to me, and it makes sense. Again, thank you for the reply. Be safe out there!

05-20-2013, 01:12 AM
The Officer was in a radar class held at the jail.