PDA

View Full Version : News Sources

MOD 1
02-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Myactacsofsedition is not a news source. The Broward Times is considered a news source.

Mod 1

02-17-2013, 02:34 AM
Pardon me, but I beg to differ.

1. I have a guest column on the New Times.
2. I have a guest column on Broward Beat.

And as far as my credentials...

MAOS focuses on truly important stories; stories of public interest having “moral clarity”, and is a collaborative experiment of technology and activism. Chaz Stevens, Genius is Editor in Chief.

Stevens, a tech-savvy public records expert and well-known blogger, is the face of the new media and a modern-day gadfly– electronically empowered, fighting the power structure with bits and bytes.

Winner of the 2010 New Times Activist of the Year award, Stevens have been appeared on the Sunday front pages, featured in countless articles, and guest on radio and TV. Chaz now is a frequent guest columnist for the New Times Broward Palm Beach.

From Wikipedia:

In 2012 an eight-foot-tall Festivus pole (made of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer cans) was placed on the front lawn of a city-owned firehouse in Deerfield Beach, Florida, near a Nativity scene and a menorah. The pole was the work of a local atheist [Chaz Stevens] who, after years of unsuccessfully trying to get the city to remove the religious symbols from its property, sought and received “permission to place an ‘anti-religious’ display” on city property.

Stevens, South Florida’s premier political corruption fighter, has over the years collected quite an assortment of firsts…

Notables:

2010 New Times Activist of the Year
2010 The Chaz
2012 Florida First Amendment Foundation Brigade

Press and Media:

January 2013: Guest Column, New Times Broward Palm Beach
May 2012: Boca Magazine “Faces”
June 2012: Tampa Bay Times – The Buzz
June 2012: National Journal – Hotline On Call
June 2012: Roll Call – Heard on the Hill
June 2012: Naples News
June 2012: Tampa Bay Times – The Buzz
June 2012: SaintPetersBlog – Sunburn

TV Coverage:

June 2012: NBC-2 Fort Myers
June 2012: ABC-7 Fort Myers
June 2012: CBS12 West Palm Beach

Politicians:

Arrests: 3
Removed from office: 3
Convicted: 2
Pending trial: 1
Pending appeal: 2
Facing jail time: 1

Investigations:

US Department of Justice OIG: 1
US Department Housing and Urban Development OIG: 2
US Department Housing and Urban Development: 1
Federal Election Commission: 1
Florida Department of Law Enforcement: 1
Broward County SAO: lots and lots
Broward County OIG: 1
Palm Beach County SAO: n (?)
Palm Beach County OIG: n (?)
Florida Commission on Ethics: 2
Florida Bar: 1

Legal:

Cease and desist letters received: 7
Number of times we’ve told them to “eat me”: 7
Sued: 1
Lawsuits that lasted more than three business hours: 0
Threatened to be sued: lost count

02-17-2013, 02:37 AM
PS I suppose you mean The South Florida Times when you state The Broward Times.

And if you so, give Elgin Jones (who now works for BSO) a call. Ask him if I'm a reporter. Ask him if I report the news.

Oh and while you're at it, ask him if I also make the news.

02-17-2013, 03:39 AM
PS I suppose you mean The South Florida Times when you state The Broward Times.

And if you so, give Elgin Jones (who now works for BSO) a call. Ask him if I'm a reporter. Ask him if I report the news.

Oh and while you're at it, ask him if I also make the news.

So, instead of taking you on your word, or not, we should call a friend of yours, or not, so they can espouse on your credibility, or not? You're a joke. Just ask me. Yup, you're a joke. I am surprised, or not, that you didn't list all of your Girl Scout patches too. You look like some of ass I know that feels the need to announce his resume when ever he's questioned........and Pabst Blue Ribbon, you may want to take a look at your youtube video when you were contructing it, you know the one where the license tag is nicely shown on that pickup truck .......

02-17-2013, 03:47 AM
Folks have ended up in jail from my corruption fighting efforts.

Go ahead, pull that tag... Belongs to one of my lawyers. Double dare you.

02-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Hey Chaz - I know you were looking to open a dialogue with the Chief: Unfortunately, this is probably the only place you'll get one. He reads this multiple times a day and is known to respond anonymously when attacked. Keep up the good work. We are all hopeful you get the results we are praying for so that we can bring back some respect back to this agency and have a career to go to every day as if dealing with the dregs of society on the streets isn't enough.