PDA

View Full Version : Deputy Chief Position

01-13-2013, 10:17 PM
All reports indicate that the new DC is a nice guy, who rather do police work then administrative tasks. The following question should be asked: Why were none of the existing CCPD Captains or Lieutenants considered for the position? The new DC was only a lieutenant for approximately TWO years at BSO. There are two CCPD captains that have a combined 65 years of law enforcement experience, yet they were not interviewed or considered.I know the Chief thinks everyone at CCPD is inept, and I guess the last two DC hires only prove that the only qualification you need is to be a buddy of the Chief...

01-14-2013, 12:49 AM
All reports indicate that the new DC is a nice guy, who rather do police work then administrative tasks. The following question should be asked: Why were none of the existing CCPD Captains or Lieutenants considered for the position? The new DC was only a lieutenant for approximately TWO years at BSO. There are two CCPD captains that have a combined 65 years of law enforcement experience, yet they were not interviewed or considered.I know the Chief thinks everyone at CCPD is inept, and I guess the last two DC hires only prove that the only qualification you need is to be a buddy of the Chief...

Because S3 has one year left and S4 has three. The new DC should be here longer than that.

01-14-2013, 02:08 AM
The new DC is 2.5 years into the drop... Next!

01-14-2013, 03:49 AM
1. I heard the New DC resume and unless I heard wrong he made Lt in 2007 so he has been a LT for 5 years. I also heard his resume and he has overseen commands as big as the Creek. So he is more then qualified.

2. All of our LT's except 1 have 2 years or less as LT's.

3. Promote one of the Capt's to DC... Are you new here? Or have you just lost your mind.

4. I am guessing the Chief has a plan to eventually move up the younger new supervisors in time but in the mean time I am sure he wanted a competent number 2 (nothing against the LT's here now but he does have the right to choose who he wants)

5. Have you forgotten what it was like before this Chief got here, Devine, McMurry and Merlin at the top. I think I will trust the Chief on this one.

01-14-2013, 01:07 PM
I cannot speak to how long the new DC was a LT at BSO. Whether it was 2 or 5 years it does not seem like enough experience to make the jump to DC. I do agree that the current captains should not have been considered. Neither one possess contemporary leadership traits. I would be willing to bet that GF stays longer than JD. JD has said that he is is leaving in late 2014. GF will not leave unless he is tasked with work or forced out, otherwise he will drag it out as long as possible. Who would blame him?

01-15-2013, 04:07 AM
Ok I don't mind having a respectful discussion, a first for LEO Affairs. What are you saying that one of our LT's with virtually no command experience ( by that I mean they have never supervised more the 10 employees) Should have been considered NOW for DC, over a person with double the time in command who has supervised over a hundred employees for the past 5 years is less qualified?????? Not to mention the wide range of experience that the new DC has experienced in a much larger police agency. We have good people here but I think our Sgt's and LT's could learn a lot from the new DC. I think it inevitable that next Chief is going to be an internal promotion but in the mean time I think the new DC can be a positive influence. He seems totally different from the last DC. I go back to my original statement I think the Chief has the right to pick his own second in command at least this time it looks like he made a much better choice.

PS only time will tell how long the Captains will stay but I am betting GF is gone in less then 14 months