PDA

View Full Version : Watch what you say

12-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Rumor has it that someone was written up for usining a foul word. Is this true?

12-13-2012, 04:23 AM
Rumor has it that someone was written up for usining a foul word. Is this true?
Remember. Big Brother is always watching and listening. We have rulers that have completely lost touch with police-work reality and are over compensating for their known lack of respect. Micro-management at its finest. They forget that we can be offended at their use of language and explicit comments too. I don’t know if someone did get dinged but it wouldn’t surprise any of us. Let’s just all file complaints against each and every one of us and get it over with. Effing middle school antics. :lol: I'm going to assume someone did get dinged because of the smell in the air. If they want police work done, then they better get used to the occasional slip of the tongue. If they ding everyone for it then maybe we should just go back to the good old days watching the grass grow and the paint peel. So long as the use of language is not insulting or degrading and is used as an appropriate escalator to a potential legal act to get the violator to open their effing ears and maybe listen before getting tazed, shot, or whatever then no big deal. Maybe if command would get out every once and a while and see what we have to put up with from our highly educated professors and students they would have a better understanding that verbal staccato language can often deescalate a situation and keep everyone from getting physically hurt.

12-13-2012, 06:03 AM
If this is true and someone actually got in trouble for this, we truly are a joke. Its called police work and this is what sometimes happens. This is what you get when you have ranking police administrators who report to college administrators, both of which have almost the same amount of actual police street experience judging us from the safety of their desk hours or days later.

There are now REAL criminals coming on this Campus at all hours looking to commit crimes

Just imagine what would happen to any of us who may have to defend your life and use a greater type of force. You might as well turn your badge in as soon as you walk in. You will be tossed to the wolves, this situation should open everyone's eyes.

incidents here are now critiqued as they are unfolding by people who should get to the scene and LEAD but instead gather together in the station and compare notes on what they think is going wrong .

We are truly in a sad and scary state.

12-13-2012, 02:42 PM
That fact is, officers working the streets in any communtiy are going to come into contact with elements of the population that only understand.., F***k, fight, eat, and sleep. Talking to them on their level is sometimes unavoidable in this line of work.

12-13-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm sorry, did this homeless man refusing the orders of our officers complain?
We feel let down by our superiors and this is what lowers moral.
You have failed us.

12-13-2012, 09:36 PM
An earlier post got it right. What if someone in this Department had to use deadly physical force in a life endangering situation. It's very obvious to me that our actions are being reviewed and judgements made by both Admin "LEO's" and a well known University VP. This is a very SERIOUS situation.

Did this come out in one of our feel free to spill your guts "after action" meetings that are now mandated by our desk bound leaders?

12-13-2012, 09:51 PM
This type of leadership is going to get somebody hurt.

12-13-2012, 10:10 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=vbZhpf3sQxQ

12-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Huh? I didnt hear about this? What happened?

12-16-2012, 12:46 AM
If you want scoop bad to run around cussing people and giving them the finger, then go apply at LAPD so you can work in Compton and act like an inarticulate pig. Don't like it? Then quit!

12-16-2012, 04:50 AM
If you want scoop bad to run around cussing people and giving them the finger, then go apply at LAPD so you can work in Compton and act like an inarticulate pig. Don't like it? Then quit!

P.U.I. posting under the influence

12-22-2012, 02:51 AM
incidents here are now critiqued as they are unfolding by people who should get to the scene and LEAD but instead gather together in the station and compare notes on what they think is going wrong .

We are truly in a sad and scary state.

No ....sad, scary and CLUELESS so called leaders

12-29-2012, 12:21 AM
I can only imagine what "strong verbals" are... Units 1-8 need to get their shit together, and grow a pair. It's pathetic what happened, and the second guessing needs to stop. Let me explain something to you all... despite what you tell each other, and regardless of those worthless bars, oak leafs, or stars on your shoulders, you are not smart, and furthermore (try and keep up, that was a 3 syllable word) I actually think you all talk about how difficult it was to tie your shoes that morning in your "staff meetings" When our fellow law enforcement officers in the community hear about all your constant antics they LAUGH at you, and laugh at us as a department. It's embarrassing. We as a department need to get a grip on this place before it gets completely out of control and one of us gets hurt or killed because you all are so trigger happy to write someone up, or fire someone.

12-29-2012, 01:56 AM
Come on now, let's have an after action meeting and point fingers :devil:

12-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Don’t forget the Command Post! :cop:

12-29-2012, 01:21 PM
I hear "it's been noticed"