PDA

View Full Version : Crap Radios

12-03-2012, 01:10 AM
We are sick and tired of these crap radios we have switched to. Promises, and expensive equipment that DOES NOT WORK. Cannot believe we spent that kind of money and are spending REOCCURRING fees each month / yr for this sh*t!

My relatives have been told if I get hurt after putting the sheriff and chief on notice thru the chain which all have been aware, they are to sue the county BOCC, the sheriff, and everyone accountable.

We cannot believe that this is supposed to be BETTER than the old system. WAKE UP MORONS!

Of course since they do not have to depend on it they do not care. as usual

12-05-2012, 01:28 AM
You do understand it was not the Sheriff departments idea to get them radios?
It was a federal mandate to change frequencies to free up radio bandwidth frequencies.
as such, the Dept had 2 choices buy the new stuff or the situation we have now.
they had to make a deal with little to no money out of pocket
Or you can break out your own wallet and pay for them.

12-05-2012, 03:46 PM
You do understand it was not the Sheriff departments idea to get them radios?
It was a federal mandate to change frequencies to free up radio bandwidth frequencies.
as such, the Dept had 2 choices buy the new stuff or the situation we have now.
they had to make a deal with little to no money out of pocket
Or you can break out your own wallet and pay for them.

No the Federal Mandate that is in effect required COMPLIANCE of radios to use NarrowBand (12.5 vs 25) I don't know about the coverage you guys are getting, but I do know that the VHF radios that were just replaced were NARROWBAND programmable and did not have to be changed out. Even the repeaters and control stations were capable of reprogramming. SO whereas the Federal Mandate was real, the issue to have to 'accept" the State system is NOT.

But since no-one in the agency or the county offices for that matter know what the hell they are talking about, they succumb to the vendors whom preach doom and gloom.

The Sheriff and County would have been better to just reprogram the existing radios at a fraction of cost, and plan for a buildout using Lee, Charlotte etc backbones to save BIG money and be able to talk and function.
Instead now you are at the mercy of whether or not an additional tower and site will be built etc etc etc.

MORE WASTING MONEY....

Oh and as far as buying them myself???? WE ARE BUYING THEM DIPSHIT WITH OUR TAXES. You amaze me.

12-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Commenting on this, the old VHF hi band system was not APCO 25 compliant for public safety use.

Having said that, neither is the current "new" system. I doubt it would certify under APCO 16 requirements.

Someday in the vast future, Hendry County will get a real agency with real stuff that isn't some handed down item obtained from another agency whom had it since new and it no longer needs it because it is worn out, or outdated, or simply does not work.

But hey the residents don't care about any of that. As long as they can wear their cowboy boots, and spit tabacco juice, and have a mud pit to play in along with the recreational chemicals in use, they are happy.

Unregistered
12-14-2016, 12:34 AM
Following up over three years later, how is that new tower working for you guys? All the promises fulfilled? Portable to portable wide area IN BUILDING coverage County wide working great?
Since we repair public safety and business radios in the areas, we were curious.

Oh and the previous post about unnecessary buying into the State SLERS system is correct. You didn't have to. The other system was 100 percent reprogrammable to Narrowband. We worked on some of your units and Clewiston tower,so we can verify that.

Unregistered
12-15-2016, 11:26 PM
I will say that they suck. Dispatch can't hear handheld portable radios. Garbled constantly. Nextel worked better than these crap things. But let one of us get hurt. Cause my family knows about it, and so do others. Mumble and Michelle know too.

Hope that clarifies for you

Unregistered
01-19-2017, 11:47 PM
Well I see that the State Agencies are going to switch to the new awarded Harris System that is being built. Meanwhile we will sit here with yet dilapidated equipment once again that eill not work with the new stuff, and the BOCC will be *****in saying we just bought new stuff referring to 9 years ago..

What an operation.

Meanwhile at the public utilities Archer is working on the sewer system compliments of Steve

Unregistered
01-20-2017, 12:29 AM
Well I see that the State Agencies are going to switch to the new awarded Harris System that is being built. Meanwhile we will sit here with yet dilapidated equipment once again that eill not work with the new stuff, and the BOCC will be *****in saying we just bought new stuff referring to 9 years ago..

What an operation.

Meanwhile at the public utilities Archer is working on the sewer system compliments of Steve

Mind your own pathetic business about what other people are doing - if the Sheriff does something, its way above your pathetic low life illiterate understanding. Why havent you packed your equipment and resigned loser, complainer, miserable peon - you arent fit to pick tomatoes in Immokolee. What time is your wife on craigslist

Unregistered
01-20-2017, 01:38 AM
Mind your own pathetic business about what other people are doing - if the Sheriff does something, its way above your pathetic low life illiterate understanding. Why havent you packed your equipment and resigned loser, complainer, miserable peon - you arent fit to pick tomatoes in Immokolee. What time is your wife on craigslist

Why don't you make us MOOK?

Seems like you are Stevies Buttplug mouthpiece so do it.... MOOK.

NO HAIR ANYWHERE WE SUSPECT