PDA

View Full Version : FHPA Applicant

MosesEdwards
11-14-2012, 02:45 AM
I must moved here from Maryland did a year long internship/auxiliary work with Salisbury Police Dept,and i have a vocational certificate with 859/hrs in criminal justice and im 18 but turn 19 in february if i put my app in now will they still accept me?

11-15-2012, 12:24 AM
There is an old military expression, "close enough for government work" , but I don't know if it applies here. The best bet would be to talk to a recruiter. You can fill out the application request under "Join the FHPA" on the state web site: http://www.floridastatetrooper.org
A recruiter from your area will get in touch with you and should be able to answer your questions. Be prepared for a long process but, in my opinion, it is worth it. Good luck.

MosesEdwards
11-15-2012, 02:01 AM
Thank you sir im right on it!

11-15-2012, 02:05 AM
To be considered, you must be 19 years of age. Therefore, you may submit your application in February, but not before.
Also, it is not suggested that applicants with any inclination of going "full-time" in the near future apply to the Auxiliary----instead such applicants are better served by applying to the regular Patrol at http://www.beatroper.com
I hope this information is helpful to you.

MosesEdwards
11-15-2012, 07:32 PM
So are there any agencies in Law Enforcement that hire at 18 and are hiring now?

11-15-2012, 07:48 PM
So are there any agencies in Law Enforcement that hire at 18 and are hiring now?

No. Florida statute 943.13(1) requires a minimum age of nineteen years of age to be employed as a law enforcement officer. Many agencies, however require a minimum age of 21. All uniformed state agencies (FHP, FWC, Department of Agriculture,) do hire at nineteen.

11-21-2012, 01:47 AM
While I normally disapprove of broad generalization and comments about young people, I have to say that to hire anyone under the age of 21 for LEO work is not a good idea. Under the age of 21-22, their brains are NOT fully developed and most don't have the maturity to do LE professional activities. I know many people will undoubtedly disagree with my position, but all authoritative medical and physiological articles and literature confirm my point.

12-01-2012, 08:02 PM
While I normally disapprove of broad generalization and comments about young people, I have to say that to hire anyone under the age of 21 for LEO work is not a good idea. Under the age of 21-22, their brains are NOT fully developed and most don't have the maturity to do LE professional activities. I know many people will undoubtedly disagree with my position, but all authoritative medical and physiological articles and literature confirm my point.

So then what about the military?

MOD 646
12-04-2012, 07:14 PM

So then what about the military?

Normally, persons in the military work more in groups than on their own. Hopefully NCO's and officers are older and more mature. Still, everyone needs to be judged on their own actions.