PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration

11-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Freddy, Jorge & Joe

Keep Asking

Today's Scripture:

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 7:7, NLT.

Today's Word:

Sometimes, people get discouraged in life because things didn’t turn out the way they hoped on the first try. Maybe they put energy into a relationship but it didn’t work out. They tried that new business venture, but they are still struggling with their finances. Now they think it’s never going to happen. But, one thing we have to learn is that God honors perseverance. On the way to your “yes” you may encounter some “no’s.” You may encounter some closed doors, but that doesn’t mean it’s the final answer. It just means “keep going.”

Remember, if God promised it, He’s going to bring it to pass. Scripture tells us that through faith and patience we inherit God’s promises. This is where patience comes in; this is where perseverance comes in. This is where trust comes in. Just because you don’t see things happen right away doesn’t mean you should quit. No, instead, rise up and press forward. Keep believing, keep hoping, keep enduring and keep asking because our God is always faithful to His word!

Prayer for Today:

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I choose today to believe Your Word. I choose to trust Your promises. I choose to keep standing, keep believing and keep asking because I will receive in Jesus’ name! Amen!

11-14-2012, 02:07 PM
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Sun Tzu

11-14-2012, 02:20 PM
You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership."
- General Dwight D. Eisenhower

11-14-2012, 04:11 PM
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

11-14-2012, 04:36 PM

We need a stronger leader than Eisenhower.

After Eisenhower won the presidency, Douglas MacArthur was was at a political function and was approached by Mamie Eisenhower. Mamie asks Mac; " Well Mac, what kind of president do you think Ike will make?". MacArthur replied; "Well Mamie, he was the best damn Secretary I've ever had under my command!" Mamie smiled and walked away!

Eisenhower was a little girl. We need a "MacArthur", not a good secretary !

11-14-2012, 06:41 PM

After Eisenhower won the presidency, Douglas MacArthur was was at a political function and was approached by Mamie Eisenhower. Mamie asks Mac; " Well Mac, what kind of president do you think Ike will make?". MacArthur replied; "Well Mamie, he was the best damn Secretary I've ever had under my command!" Mamie smiled and walked away!

Whatever he was in "Mamie's or your opinion has nothing to do with the quote that came out of his mouth. Just sayin' ;)

11-15-2012, 01:31 AM

Whatever he was in "Mamie's or your opinion has nothing to do with the quote that came out of his mouth. Just sayin' ;)

Dear reader:

You would make a terrible secretary. Not to mention PO

11-15-2012, 02:58 AM
Thank goodness my education level is beyond either of those choices. PHEW! :wink:

11-15-2012, 03:36 AM
A few words of wisdom to the new regim:

“Every time we turn our heads the other way when we see the law flouted, when we tolerate what we know to be wrong, when we close our eyes and ears to the corrupt because we are too busy or too frightened, when we fail to speak up and speak out, we strike a blow against freedom and decency and justice.”

11-15-2012, 02:58 PM
From someone who understood struggles....I pass this on to those who are having those moments.

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals. -MLK Jr.

Onward gentlemen!

11-17-2012, 02:18 AM
Onward that is a great quote by MLK Jr.. But you forgot one very important thing. You must have the TRUTH behind you for that to work.

11-19-2012, 02:03 PM
The truth is in the details that have been ignored by a corrupt police administration.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”
? Aldous Huxley

11-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Onward that is a great quote by MLK Jr.. But you forgot one very important thing. You must have the TRUTH behind you for that to work.

Investment, I know that these boys have the truth on their side. That was for them, not for your corrupt chief with her very bad PMS judgement calls.

Many Blessings....and ONWARD to the three men that have lost their jobs.

CitizenX, at your service.